Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Ha Ha Ha it just gets better and better....

The Dubai Land Department said he personally owned only one plot of land in the emirate, in Mirdiff, and sold it after the court judgment was issued against him on January 14 last year

Translation he owned a shack and a few goats :D

Well at least we know now how he came to be classed as a Billionaire....

It was someone else's money!

Oh for those wanting clarification Aed 3.653 = US$1 so the interest bill alone is $100mil plus compounded at 9% PER DAY!

Twelve pounds fifty

For easy maths Aed 6 = GBP1

So

Oh look at that - 60mil again......

Aed 8.2 billion will be around 1.3bil quid

He has assets in the UAE of less than 500 quid

He ain't coming back in a hurry - clearly the whole Skate thing was a deseperate attempt to get Brit citizenship - could have saved the few all that pain by sending him a Wiki link to Mohd Al Fayed!

:D:D:D

Yes we have no chance of staying up because we are ****?

You going down at the end of the season is probable, but not inevitable. Bookies gives odds according to probabilities. The fact they've closed the book when relegation isn't certain suggests they know more. They know PFC is about to die.:lol:

Cheerio it's been nice knowing you.

Betfair customer services

As a consequence of the continuing uncertainty surrounding Portsmouth FC,we will be suspending the following markets which have a particular relevence to the status of the club at 9am gmt on 17th of Feb.

relegation

rock bottom

relegation tri cast

handicap bottom

month end bottom

It is our intention to re-open these markets at 6pm on Feb 17th,we may also re-open these markets before 6pm if it appears unlikely that any material developments will occur during the day.However we reserve the right to leave these markets suspended for longer should the situation remain unclear after this time.

It really is unbelievable that PFC has become the honeypot for international chancers.

The only common thread is Mr Storrie.

Oh no, score another big win up there for the PL's FAPP test of course.

The Brit media is gonna LOVE this one tomorrow, they already have the knives out for them

betfair customer services

as a consequence of the continuing uncertainty surrounding portsmouth fc,we will be suspending the following markets which have a particular relevence to the status of the club at 9am gmt on 17th of feb.

Relegation

rock bottom

relegation tri cast

handicap bottom

month end bottom

it is our intention to re-open these markets at 6pm on feb 17th,we may also re-open these markets before 6pm if it appears unlikely that any material developments will occur during the day.however we reserve the right to leave these markets suspended for longer should the situation remain unclear after this time.

game over

Ha Ha Ha it just gets better and better....

The Dubai Land Department said he personally owned only one plot of land in the emirate, in Mirdiff, and sold it after the court judgment was issued against him on January 14 last year

Translation he owned a shack and a few goats :D

I thought it said he owned some land in Midriff when I first read it - no wonder that shirt looked so f***ing tight!!

They haven't suspended on them being out of the cup in the next round then. Everyone get some money on Birmingham.

I'm afraid that it'll work the same way as the horses as Pompey will be a non runner. As it's a two horse race so to speak all bets will be returned and the book declared void.

As Huntingdon has said in a different thread betfair are cancelling betting on relegation from the premiership tomorrow morning, I have a feeling they know something.

Hmm. Betfair is an exchange which means the punters make the market with each other. It'll be the punters that take the risk not Betfair. Betfair makes money on the commission on the bets, they don't make payouts to the punters.

If it was certain that Pompey would be relegated they would remove Pompey from the market, but only as a duty of care to the punters. They wouldn't lose anything.

Sounds like an odd story to me.

I'm afraid that it'll work the same way as the horses as Pompey will be a non runner. As it's a two horse race so to speak all bets will be returned and the book declared void.

The only way to prosper would be to bet on Birmingham in the FA CUP outright market

Hmm. Betfair is an exchange which means the punters make the market with each other. It'll be the punters that take the risk not Betfair. Betfair makes money on the commission on the bets, they don't make payouts to the punters.

If it was certain that Pompey would be relegated they would remove Pompey from the market, but only as a duty of care to the punters. They wouldn't lose anything.

So Betfair will be losing commision, something it would rather not do

can the directors wind the company up?

I'm not sure, but THINK, even the Directors would need to formally liquidate it through a court. They could obvioulsy stop trading, but the formalities of winding up a company with debts, is more than just saying "We are no longer trading"

Oh no, score another big win up there for the PL's FAPP test of course.

The Brit media is gonna LOVE this one tomorrow, they already have the knives out for them

You had this boy down as a chancer Phil,do you think the authorities out there will pursue him through the UK courts? from my dealings with Arabs in commerce I know they do not like washing dirty laundry in public! I hope they do go after him as it will flush a few Rats out off the good ship Pmuff.

lol... you had 13k home fans for your last Premiership game, and yet you still quote figures near to that if you were non-league?

You would have next to no season ticket holders, average will probably be 5-6k, dropping dramatically for midweekers and super sh!te teams.

You would also have to ground share with Havant and Waterlooville ( I am not sure how you think you would sustain Fratton Park in the non-league :lol: )

I really hope you don't own your own business! :lol:

Not having to play in that **** hole has

to be the best thing that could happen.

It really must be an embaressment to the PL having a half empty toilet

broadcast around the world:D

Indeed. Also, why would they wait until tomorrow to do it? They'd do it immediately.

The Top 10 Fraudsters of All Time

1. Kenneth Lay (2001) – Another one of the most infamous fraudsters of all time, Lay was largely responsible for the accounting fraud that brought down energy giant, Enron. Lay was convicted of 10 counts of fraud, but died of a heart attack before his sentence began.

2. Bernard Ebbers (2005) – This Bernie may not have run a Ponzi scheme, but through less-than-accurate financial reporting of his telecommunications company, WorldCom, he swindled investors out of $11 billion.

3. Alyn Waage and Michael Webb (2003) –These two Ponzi schemers created the biggest internet fraud of all time with a website coaxing people into investing in prime bank notes. Waage and Web brought in over $60 million through the site before being arrested in 2003.

4. Albert Gonzalez (2008) – A computer hacker that was assisting the Secret Service in catching cyber criminals, Gonzalez decided to use his skills to hack the websites of large retailers, such as TJ Maxx, Barnes & Noble and Sports Authority, stealing over 40 million credit card numbers in the process. Gonzalez’s fraudulent act was the largest case of identity theft in history.

5. Sue Nanda (2009) – The California resident recruited over 300 healthy patients to undergo surgery at the now-defunct Unity Outpatient Surgery Center in Buena Park, Calif. She swindled insurance companies out of $154 million and ended up keeping over $2 million for herself. Due to a plea bargain, she was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

6. Frank Abignale Jr. (1960’s) – Not all fraud is necessarily swindling investors out of money. One of the biggest frauds of all time saw Abignale, a skilled impostor, forging $2.5 million in fake checks across 26 countries. Abignale’s story was depicted in the 2002 film, Catch Me If You Can.

7. Charles Ponzi (1920) – The most infamous form of investor fraud out there is named for the first man to do it, Charles Ponzi. Ponzi was able to con investors into investing money on postage stamps, promising unusually high returns. The investor’s money was never returned, instead just ‘reinvested’ into the stamps, which really meant it was sitting in Ponzi’s bank account.

8. Bernie Madoff (2009) – While Ponzi may have invented the scheme, Madoff perfected it. His investment scam ran from 1960-2009 and was the largest investment fraud ever executed by one person. He utilized fake bank statements, telling investors their returns were growing, when actually they were getting nothing at all.

9. Lou Pearlman (2006) – Pearlman, the talent manager for popular boy bands the Backstreet Boys and NSYNC, was another notorious Ponzi schemer. He utilized a fake travel company to swindle $300 million dollars out of investors.

10. James Paul Lewis, Jr. (2004) – One of the longest-running Ponzi schemes in history, Lewis stole $311 million from investors in his company, Financial Advisory Consultants over the course of 20 years. He prayed on churches and church groups until his scheme collapsed and he was arrested in 2004.

Administration will not happen.

There are two types of insolvent liquidation procedure:

Creditors’ Voluntary Liquidation

When the directors conclude that the company is insolvent and that there is no alternative to liquidation, they are able to convene meetings of the shareholders and creditors. The shareholders will resolve to place the company into liquidation, whilst the creditors will have the final say as to who will act as liquidator.

Compulsory Liquidation

A creditor owed at least £750 may present a winding up petition to the Court, and if the debt remains unpaid at the date of the Court hearing, the Court may grant a winding up order in respect of the company.

If the SoA gives no hope, then CVL is a strong possibility. Once the Directors give notice of the meeting then the game is up. I reckon about lunchtime tomorrow.

Administration will not happen.

There are two types of insolvent liquidation procedure:

Creditors’ Voluntary Liquidation

When the directors conclude that the company is insolvent and that there is no alternative to liquidation, they are able to convene meetings of the shareholders and creditors. The shareholders will resolve to place the company into liquidation, whilst the creditors will have the final say as to who will act as liquidator.

Compulsory Liquidation

A creditor owed at least £750 may present a winding up petition to the Court, and if the debt remains unpaid at the date of the Court hearing, the Court may grant a winding up order in respect of the company.

If the SoA gives no hope, then CVL is a strong possibility. Once the Directors give notice of the meeting then the game is up. I reckon about lunchtime tomorrow.

Faz it is alleged that the board at Farton have a few Skeletons in the cuboard so to speak,which of the possibilities re the courts powers will be most beneficial to them being able to keeping the Skeletons locked away?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})