Leyton Orient

Saint_clark

Its got nothing to nothing to do with being PC! he stated that Leyton is a rough and dodgy area - it isnt, simple as that. It is no more rough and dodgy that most boroughs in London, no need to extra vigilant. No one is going to jump you for no reason just because some poeple settled there 50 years ago. Its only sensible to be careful when walking about in dark, unlit streets on a place you dont know; but there is no need to extra careful when in Leyton as it just doesnt have that kind of reputation. Bermondsey maybe, possible some areas near Barking and Canning Town, but not Waltham Forest. I would be willing to bet that there are some areas of Southampton that are a lot worse that Leyton after dark.

Just reeks of some provincial mummies boy that is worried about going to the Big Smoke and the East End!

Fair enough, guess I got the wrong end of the stick. I should probably just go back to bed.

Its got nothing to nothing to do with being PC! he stated that Leyton is a rough and dodgy area - it isnt, simple as that. It is no more rough and dodgy that most boroughs in London, no need to extra vigilant. No one is going to jump you for no reason just because some poeple settled there 50 years ago. Its only sensible to be careful when walking about in dark, unlit streets on a place you dont know; but there is no need to extra careful when in Leyton as it just doesnt have that kind of reputation. Bermondsey maybe, possible some areas near Barking and Canning Town, but not Waltham Forest. I would be willing to bet that there are some areas of Southampton that are a lot worse that Leyton after dark.

Just reeks of some provincial mummies boy that is worried about going to the Big Smoke and the East End!

I did not say i was worried about going and do not appreciate your rude comments Pancake.

I posted my post in good faith as this is what i was told by a Londoner.

Get in I am going now my Dad went and queued up for me at 6.30 6th in line & got my ticket bless him I am really looking forward to this 1 gonna be a good day out hope we can continue the run could be out of relegation places if we win COYR.

one more sleep to go as of half an hours time lmao !

he stands at over 6ft 3"

Ricky Ricky!.................

Anyone have any info for the tube? I'm having trouble getting on football ground guides. Thanks. :)

Waterloo and City line from Waterloo - one stop (only stop) at Bank, change to Central line, takes you to Leyton. Short walk from there. Can go Northern Line from Watertloo to Oxford Circus and change there but that takes longer. I am having beers around Liv St (one stop from Bank). Here endeth my London travel guide!

Waterloo and City line from Waterloo - one stop (only stop) at Bank, change to Central line, takes you to Leyton. Short walk from there. Can go Northern Line from Watertloo to Oxford Circus and change there but that takes longer. I am having beers around Liv St (one stop from Bank). Here endeth my London travel guide!

Waterloo and City line is closed this Saturday. Take the Bakerloo to Oxford Circus then Central Line to Leyton.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/by-date.aspx?offset=2

Where is everyone drinking ? heard Hole in the Wall and Browns near Liverpool street are going to be popular, not sure where Browns is mind you.

Might walk from Waterloo to Bank, then get the central line in. Anyone know off hand how far it is between the two stations?

Come out of the station and simply head to the Thames, head east until you get to either the Millenium Bridge (outside the Tate) or London Bridge. Cross and walk up to Monument/Bank area. 25-30 mins tops. I did this walk everyday for 3 years, although used some short cuts rather than head direct to Thames from Waterloo.

Take you about 30mins to walk, nice enough stroll on a Saturday morning.

Come out of the station and simply head to the Thames, head east until you get to either the Millenium Bridge (outside the Tate) or London Bridge. Cross and walk up to Monument/Bank area. 25-30 mins tops. I did this walk everyday for 3 years, although used some short cuts rather than head direct to Thames from Waterloo.

Thanks, sounds like that's the one then.

Excellent site, thanks. I may out do the Charlton trek and walk both ways from Paddington. Apparently it is 8.6 miles or 15051 steps and I will use up 871 calories, saving 1.08 kg of CO2 each way.

Anyone else struggling to get an even number of people to take advantage of the 4 for 2 on the trains on saturday? It's looking like we're only going to have 6 of us travelling from Soton central, and now 4 of them may be going up in the car. Either way, we're looking for 2 more to make up a group of 4/8, to get the best deal possible. Give us a shout if you're in the same boat.

Jack

Anyone else struggling to get an even number of people to take advantage of the 4 for 2 on the trains on saturday? It's looking like we're only going to have 6 of us travelling from Soton central, and now 4 of them may be going up in the car. Either way, we're looking for 2 more to make up a group of 4/8, to get the best deal possible. Give us a shout if you're in the same boat.

Jack

Err....

Unless your car is not important to you, dont park anywhere near the ground. Dont know where you are driving from so hard to suggest right place, but park somewhere a bit further away and get a tube or cab

Interesting, coming from So'ton, any idea on places to pay and park (ie. a local garage)?

Jack

Might be able to help you out here... what time train you getting?

I have a spare Under 18 ticket (ex wife being a B**ch and not letting my boy come). I realise that one junior ticket on its own may not be much use, but if anyone wants it let me know. Face value (£13) fine

Rich

Take him anyway. If it's a punishment, it's a pathetic one. It will just make him listen to her even less.