Leyton Orient

Saint_clark

If they don't give us more then aim for the home End East stand which is the same stand as the saints fans (but home section) if you look on their website. If that is also unreserved seating then just keep buying tickets in their bit (East stand) and create an unofficial extension of the away end.

Just got a couple of tickets from the latest batch of 600 that were released this afternoon so will be able to keep with the Saints fans. Seems like we are going to have a big crew there.

Anyone got 2 spare tickets? Got paid today and now its sold out!

Why not try Orient, with your user name address I assume you live in London so you shouldn't have too many problems, just ask for tickets in East Stand which is where all the Saints fans are.

Now for the important stuff - the pubs...

The Birkbeck Tavern

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/34/3403/Birkbeck_Tavern/Leyton

The Coach and Horses

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/38/386/Coach_and_Horses/Leyton

Both seem to allow away fans. Any more suggestions?

Any one into real ale could try

William IV, 816 High Road, Leyton

it's a bit further but is a brew pub and is home of the Brodie's brewery that opened in September 2008 - highly recommended (by me) :drinkers:

See what some O's fans think of us.... did not imagine we would be called "BBB's".

Mind you if we sing that crappy song about "having a shed thats bigger than this", then I can understand them thinking we are BBB!!!

And they reckon we are excited about taking over 3,000 fans away. errr... perhaps they should have a look at our away support this season !!!

to be fair... there was a nice comment from someone who said that we may be pleased that we just survived from the jaws of extinction, and enjoying the fact we have a team to follow... in numbers...

http://www.leytonorient2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=222020

Any one into real ale could try

William IV, 816 High Road, Leyton

it's a bit further but is a brew pub and is home of the Brodie's brewery that opened in September 2008 - highly recommended (by me) :drinkers:

Been there recommended coz the ale is pretty good but give yourself plenty of time to walk to the ground .

Could be out of relegation...you mean will be!!?

there is no way we win 4 on the trot in the league and then play orient and lose! they are an awful team and we are not even a league 1 team, bottom half of championship at least with the way were playing right now!

Cannot wait for the day though, only 4 days to go and i've already finished all my uni work for the week...massive bonus!! Think i'll spend my time preparing my liver for saturday now. anyone know if there are toilets on the travel coaches!?? dont wanna get caught short on the way back!!

there is no way we win 4 on the trot in the league and then play orient and lose! they are an awful team and we are not even a league 1 team, bottom half of championship at least with the way were playing right now!

Cannot wait for the day though, only 4 days to go and i've already finished all my uni work for the week...massive bonus!! Think i'll spend my time preparing my liver for saturday now. anyone know if there are toilets on the travel coaches!?? dont wanna get caught short on the way back!!

There are toilets on the travel coaches

West Ham and Chelsea away from home, Millwall at home and Spurs and Arsenal playing each other, we better not go giving it the "Bertie Big ********" too much! Yoof beware!

I was talking to mate who supports QPR, but is a Londoner and as such knows where is safe and where is dodgy. Apparently Leyton is a place where one of the first waves of immigrants settled in the 50's and it's a rough area. We'll be travelling in numbers so it should be OK, but it'd be wise to be careful especially as the clocks changing means it'll be dark after the match.

I like your optimism but I have been supporting Saints way to long to take anything for granted.

As long as we play rhe way we have with the commitment & dertimination I feel we will win.

I really hope we get the kind of performance & result that 3000 + traveling Saints deserve COYS lets have it

I was talking to mate who supports QPR, but is a Londoner and as such knows where is safe and where is dodgy. Apparently Leyton is a place where one of the first waves of immigrants settled in the 50's and it's a rough area. We'll be travelling in numbers so it should be OK, but it'd be wise to be careful especially as the clocks changing means it'll be dark after the match.

:smt046 that whole post!

Leyton isnt any more dodgy ro rough than most parts of the East London/Essex border! If you are that worried about the "immigrants", than stay at home.

Really, grow a brain

That's it I'm not going now :(. My mum doesn't let me out when it's dark ;)

Eh?

He's just saying people need to be carefull out in the dark after the game, people jumped on his back because he stupidly mentioned immigrants. If he had just said it was full of chavs or something similar no one would have cared, some people just feel the need to be politically correct.

Edited by Andy_Porter

He's just saying people need to be carefull out in the dark after the game, people jumped on his back because he stupidly mentioned immigrants. If he had just said it was full of chavs or something similar no one would have cared, some people just feel the need to be politically correct.

I fear you wont know what day of the week it is by FT, let alone whether or not its dark. Dont worry, I'll see you get on the right train.

Its got nothing to nothing to do with being PC! he stated that Leyton is a rough and dodgy area - it isnt, simple as that. It is no more rough and dodgy that most boroughs in London, no need to extra vigilant. No one is going to jump you for no reason just because some poeple settled there 50 years ago. Its only sensible to be careful when walking about in dark, unlit streets on a place you dont know; but there is no need to extra careful when in Leyton as it just doesnt have that kind of reputation. Bermondsey maybe, possible some areas near Barking and Canning Town, but not Waltham Forest. I would be willing to bet that there are some areas of Southampton that are a lot worse that Leyton after dark.

Just reeks of some provincial mummies boy that is worried about going to the Big Smoke and the East End!

Leyton isnt any more dodgy ro rough than most parts of the East London/Essex border! If you are that worried about the "immigrants", than stay at home.

And to be fair, in a 2008 home office study it was found that Southampton is the 3rd most violent city in England (going by violent crime statistics), below Sheffield and Manchester.

Mate, I'm certainly not PC and couldn't give a stuff about whether or not he mentioned "immigrants", but the post is funny, where exactly does he think he is going? IT's an afternoon of football at Leyton Orient FFS!