Football Manager 2010 DEMO OUT NOW

Matthew Le God

Is there any difference between the Strawberry demo and the full game, apart from how long you can play it for?

The strawberry demo only has about 8 nations with playable leagues compared to over 50 on the full game.

The demo game is a "quickstart" game which is basically a savegame on a small database. As it is a "savegame" it means things like computer manager shortlists and PA's for players are the same each time you start a demo game. On the full game this will not be the case and you can have a far bigger player database.

Legends: Matthew Le Tissier, Lawrie McMenemy, Ted Bates, Mick Channon

Icons: Peter Shilton, Mark Wright, Nick Holmes, Gordon Strachan, Kevin Keegan, Jimmy Case, Ron Davies, Bobby Stokes, Terry Paine, Martin Chivers, Alan Ball

Favoured Personnel: Francis Benali, Jason Dodd, Dave Jones, Wayne Bridge, Gareth Bale, Chris Nicholl, Tim Flowers, James Beattie, Chris Marsden, Chris Baird, Matthew Oakley, Rod Wallace, Mick Mills, Mark Dennis, Glenn C.ockerill, Kevin Moore, Andrew Surman, Michael Svensson, Antti Niemi, Theo Walcott, Alan Shearer, Marian Pahars, Claus Lundekvam, David Armstrong, Steve Williams

Yep, otherwise we'd have Ted Bates commenting on player signings from beyond the grave.

Trippy...

Nathan Tyson is tearing up League One for me at the moment, he's got 10 in 8. Not bad for someone that only cost 300k! I guess that the full game will use the same database that the demo does, so he'll still be on the transfer list MLG?

Gave Hull a good run for their money in the LC as well, only lost on penalties because Saga skied his one.

Would be first in the league if it wasn't for those bloody -10 points as well! Sigh..

Not really because you said "legend". There is a big difference between "legend", "icon" and "favourite personnel" on the game so your point really not valid at all ;)

Ok, pedantic pete.

Why is he listed as a favoured personel ?? He was pushed out by an old regime, i would expect he despised saints at the time for not backing him up.

Is he really a favourite ?? I don't think so

He was pushed out by an old regime, i would expect he despised saints at the time for not backing him up.

What does that have to do with him being a fan favourite? You are looking at it from the wrong way round.

If we want to go into who is being pedantic, you are the one that brought up that one of the 30 people I choose to be fans favourites shouldn't be one. ;) :)

Edited by Matthew Le God

i think its a good thing that theyve revamped the whole layout and made it with greater depth. was starting to get bored of the older versions and am glad im not going to be playing an updated version with the same layout. all signs are pointing to the best fm yet! the little added touches like game philopshy and player press conferences are a good touch!

Couldn't get into the demo however I look forward so much to the 'add leagues' in competition editor.

I think I am correct in saying that you can play right down to level 24 of the English football pyramid should you wish to - OK, that will mean you won't have many real players unless you retain the whole database but how could it would be playing as Romsey, Totton etc... :-o

Ive uninstalled it now due to errors but can someone tell me if the player history stats now include the cup games? Hated the fact that FM09 only included league games in their history.

Ta

Funny really, I always liked the fact that the history screen only shows the league figures (which are a more accurate measure of performance), but if you click on the year you can see the more detailed figures for each competition.

It does show penalty taking

view>attributes>penalty taking

********, there was me going into each player all the time

Good game BTW, wouldn't pay more than about 15-20 for it though as it is just so similar to all other versions. I do believe this is the best one yet don't get me wrong, they will always be similar however

********, there was me going into each player all the time

Good game BTW, wouldn't pay more than about 15-20 for it though as it is just so similar to all other versions. I do believe this is the best one yet don't get me wrong, they will always be similar however

You can get FM10 for under £18

Like you say, of course they are always going to be similar and there is only so much you can do in 1 years development time. Most games in other genres are in development for 3/4 years.

southamptongame2.jpg

knocked a little something up with PS earlier.... just wondered what you hardened gamers thought...

some of the stats aren't correct... (age etc) but was just wondering what you thought of the design?

I haven't had a chance to play the demo, new layout looks good, might take me a while to get used though. Our squad looks pretty strong and with a decent tranfer budget for once there shouldn't be a problem signing a back up 'keeper, right back, midfielder and striker to improve.

Well, the reasoning behind it was simple, if a little mad - i can get a little bored over here in my spare time and thought to myself - if made a footy sim, how would i want it laid out?' i just kept typing and drawing and came up with it..might do another screenie if i am bored - just wondered if people liked the layout?

gives me valuabe PS practice too :D

Quick question for Matthew Le God - he may or may not know, but...

I've ordered my copy of FM10 through Zaavi and it is to be delivered to my home address in Spain - will this effect the date I receive it? I'm assuming that my copy will still arrive on the release date?

I've ordered my copy of FM10 through Zaavi and it is to be delivered to my home address in Spain - will this effect the date I receive it? I'm assuming that my copy will still arrive on the release date?

I'm no postal expert :) But if Zavvi's warehouses are in the UK then it is still likely the Royal Mail will have a backlog to clear so it may delay all deliveries of FM sadly.

I know some people don't like steam but if time is an issue you could buy it on steam and download on release day.

Would cost a little more though...

I know some people don't like steam but if time is an issue you could buy it on steam and download on release day.

Would cost a little more though...

Yeah, I had considered that - price isn't an issue for me, it's my impatience! I just hope Steam is ready this year for the deluge :o

MLG, thanks for the response - haha, of course, I was finger-crossing that you may have heard a whisper through your connections with SI but understand you're nothing to do with Royal Mail/Zaavi lol.

Thanks anyway...