Lancashire to go out on loan?

RedAndWhite91

He's no way near as bad as some of you like to make out.

First red card was quite unfortunate as it was on his debut and the second one won us a point. He's far too weak to be playing centre half and needs a bit of experience before he will be good enough for us.

He's probably the one player who suffered the most from being thrown in at the deep end last season.

Totally agree.

Bit of a shame when supporters slag off our young players trying to learn how to ply their trade.

Lancashire was bought into the side when he was not ready and it has no doubt set him back. He is not the only one.

Let us give him our best wishes for success during his loan period and that he comes back a stronger and more experienced player. He had talent and no reason why he cannot develop and make a decent living as a professional footballer.

+1

So many on here did the same with Kenwyne Jones when he started out, young raw and inexperienced.

He took time and is now a darned useful PL player.

We always underestimate the mental side of football, maybe time away will help him. If it does then it is to our benefit as well.

I am sure he'd have come on as a player if he had come in this season alongside Jaidi rather than in last year's daft planet we inhabited.

People who know about Football seem to think he has something about him, so he just needs to get back on track - good luck to him

Bit of a shame when supporters slag off our young players trying to learn how to ply their trade.

Lancashire was bought into the side when he was not ready and it has no doubt set him back. He is not the only one.

Let us give him our best wishes for success during his loan period and that he comes back a stronger and more experienced player. He had talent and no reason why he cannot develop and make a decent living as a professional footballer.

Spot on.

It seems that no matter how well we are doing saints 'supporters' have to have a particular hate figure, Telfer, Wright and now Lancashire.

The abuse dished out to Telfer and Wright (much of it unwarranted) was bad enough but they are older more experienced and have thicker skin.

To dish out this much stick to a young player who was dropped in at the deep end is nothing short of disgraceful. Slagging him off is hardly going to improve his performances is it?

I hope he gets a run of games at Grimsby, that their fans are more patient and understanding than ours and that he comes back a better players.

Unlike, it seems, many on here I really want all of our academy graduates to succeed as opposed to gleefully anticipating their failure.

Good luck to the lad as said above I also thought he was one who did really suffer being thrown in at the deep end last season thrown into a shambolic team & defence, had he come into the defence today,with a decent defence around him we may well have seen a different player. He now needs this loan spell to re-build his confidence, & IF he gets another chance at Saints then hopefully he will come into a winning settled side & just fit into a solid defence around him to give him the confidence to do his job.

I said this before if you can't make league 1 by his age then you are not good enough. He is not a talented player of league 1 or above standard. When will people realise, we used to loan players of his age to clubs in this division. He would not make it.

Someone else assuming that nothing has changed in our club since we were in the Premiership.

Yes, we loaned young players out at his age to other clubs in these divisions and they coped. Young Players who were regularly training against Premier League class players. Young Players who were playing in the Reserve Premier League, often against big PL names proving their fitness and returning from injury. Young players that were generally training and playing at 2 levels higher than they are now.

So you think because he has an awful season in an awful defence under awful management last year, and because his confidence is so badly effected that he has not played well when given the chance this year that every club should disregard the promise shown in all his time before that? The grass roots of English football would be in much worse shape than it already is if everyone shared your opinion.

We're in League one now. He needs confidence and experience. So he goes to a side in League 2, where he'll get a game, have a chance of playing alongside an experienced defence and will start to develop again.

Sent off again :confused: - Oliver Lancashire now holds the FIFA world record for red cards received in relation to minutes played .

(I may have made this up)

He can't be far off though.......to be fair

I think he'll have a way to go to match Mark Dennis' early career. I remember a match at Brum in 1981 when Dennis (for Brum) and Alan Ball both got sent off - at that point Dennis, at 20, was one sending-off (or maybe two) behind the 36-year-old Ball!