• Jaidi
    • Thomas
    • Harding
    • Lallana
    • Lambert
    • Antonio
    • Connelly
    • Hammond

A good, solid performance against potential title contenders.

It wasn't our best game by any stretch of the imagination, but we did a job and saw out the game comfortably.

I can't help but think that on paper, we have the best squad in this division, and by some distance too!

Anyone at home for the semi-final would be ideal. Would love us to get to the final so we can have a day at Wembley.

just thinking ahead if we were to get to the final and play against say leeds utd do you think we would break the record for biggest attendence for football league trophy final currently set by wolves and burnley who had 80,000 in the 1988 final?

being that it would be first time for saints to play at the new wembley plus the fantastic following both teams have I think we could set a new record. It may depend come april where both teams are in the league as well I guess. If playoffs loomed for one or both of the teams then some fans may decide that two potential games at wenbley so close together may put them off.

Thoughts?

just thinking ahead if we were to get to the final and play against say leeds utd do you think we would break the record for biggest attendence for football league trophy final currently set by wolves and burnley who had 80,000 in the 1988 final?

being that it would be first time for saints to play at the new wembley plus the fantastic following both teams have I think we could set a new record. It may depend come april where both teams are in the league as well I guess. If playoffs loomed for one or both of the teams then some fans may decide that two potential games at wenbley so close together may put them off.

Thoughts?

Don't think we'd have any problem selling our allocation, and I doubt someone like Leeds would either - they'll likely win the title, so a Wembley day out would be a bonus for them. Not sure what the capacity is these days (88k?) but if two of the bigger teams - Leeds, Saints, Norwich - are in final I can see it being a sell-out (assuming ticket prices aren't ridiculous).

Anyone know why Pardew was waving his finger at someone at the final whistle?

or care to guess? :D

Judging by Trotman's reaction to the Charlton goal I think there may have been a bit of lively debate going on between him and Jaidi, or another member of the back four: Harding for not closing down the cross, or even Lallana for the same 'sin'.

But if that was the case then I reckon Pardew would have been secretly delighted, he just didn't want it in public on the pitch.

We could easily sell 50,000 tickets for a Wembley final, even the JPT.

Saints v Leeds would be a sell out.

Yeah, 30,000 of which don't see us play week-in, week-out, and I'd be well p!ssed off if they got a ticket and I didn't. Does anyone know how the ticket system works; do season ticket holders get priority, or people who have attended JPT games prior to the final do they get priority?

Yeah, 30,000 of which don't see us play week-in, week-out, and I'd be well p!ssed off if they got a ticket and I didn't. Does anyone know how the ticket system works; do season ticket holders get priority, or people who have attended JPT games prior to the final do they get priority?

I think those who have been to a game in earlier rounds get priority

It's up to the club to decide what they do with their tickets, isn't it?

Hopefully STHs will be able to buy two each...

Judging by Trotman's reaction to the Charlton goal I think there may have been a bit of lively debate going on between him and Jaidi, or another member of the back four: Harding for not closing down the cross, or even Lallana for the same 'sin'.

Thomas was having a go at a lot of players towards the end of the game. In the end Trottman told him to 'F*** off' - not that difficult to read lips when that's the phrase!

Was Pardew waving the finger at the Charlton player who thought he should have been allowed to play on when the ref blew the whistle? He was through on goal and threw his hands up when the final whistle went...

It's up to the club to decide what they do with their tickets, isn't it?

Hopefully STHs will be able to buy two each...

Not if they haven't been bothered to go to one of the games before the final, they should join the queue and take their chance!

I've been to both games so far, and will be very peeved if I don't get a ticket for the final should we get there, especially if a season ticket holder that only wants a day out at Wembley gets one instead of me. Shoud be decided firstly on whether you have attended one of the rounds, then on season ticket holders!

Not if they haven't been bothered to go to one of the games before the final, they should join the queue and take their chance!

I've been to both games so far, and will be very peeved if I don't get a ticket for the final should we get there, especially if a season ticket holder that only wants a day out at Wembley gets one instead of me. Shoud be decided firstly on whether you have attended one of the rounds, then on season ticket holders!

Yes, because someone who bought a ST won't really care about the outcome :roll:

What you mean the people that have given the club money through thick and thin shouldn't be rewarded, go figure

I'm an ST holder and I totally agree. Those that go get 1st dibs. Problem is, if you bought a ticket at the window, how does the club record this in your name. I buy online so there is a record in my account. I guess you don't throw your ticket stub away!

As the next round draw is tomorrow, my preferred draw would be Norwich at home next round, as they are possibly the strongest team after us. That would leave a relatively easy 2 legger for the southern area final.

+1

Yep, would prefer to get the 'difficult' game out of the way next

nah one of the bummers of living outside the UK :(

Blimey, that's crap. I thought the BBC had a World Service, and it's not as if your in Outer Mongolia, it's Oz ffs!

Perhaps one of the IT whizzos on here can get it on You Tube or download it and send it to you? I've just tried to download it from the BBC site but it won't let me.

I presume then that Saints Player is UK only too.

Two interesting reports about SMS last night and some fans' comments:

http://www.johnstonespainttrophy.com/news/2009-2010/

A good read. I'm sure they won't mind a partial cut and paste here as not everyone clicks on unquoted links:

"It barely feels like eight years since it was built, when the Saints boasted Premier League power, along with area quarter final opponents Charlton Athletic.

It’s a milestone not lost on the home fans that we spoke to, who will surely be glad to see the back of this decade for good.

It is great to have a side like the Saints so keen on Johnstone’s Paint glory, and a club with such rich cup heritage in the competition.

Lawrie McMenemy might not be leading the side these days, but under the stewardship of Alan Pardew, all the signs are that the club is again looking forward with renewed optimism.

We couldn’t praise the St Mary’s surroundings highly enough, and walking pitchside, were amazed at how green and pristine the grass looked.

If Ronnie O’Sullivan had stepped out with his snooker cue to join in with the warm up, we wouldn’t have been surprised.

As for the game itself.

We could see why the Saints fans had so much reason for optimism ahead of kick off. A young, energetic side sprinkled with some seasoned quality in the shape of Rahdi Jaidi and David Connolly impressed immensely.

In fact, Pardew’s men looked as impressive as any team we have seen so far this season, and goals from Thomas and Lambert were just reward on the night, as the home side eventually ran out 2-1 winners."...more