Saints v Walsall [formerly known as Warsaw] build up.

supersonic

Haven't seen one of these yet so here we go...

Hopefully back to winning ways against the Poles, anyone know if there's any news on Morgan?

We should be able to beat them, but we need to improve on our abismal performance on tuesday night.

I haven't seen much of them this season, but know they have a pretty decent striker in Troy Deeney but have a clown in goal, who we should bombard with crosses and shots

Davis

Otsemabor Fonte Jaidi Harding

Waigo Hammond Lallana Puncheon

Barnard Lambo

I know its not ideal but if Morgan isn't fit I think it could be the best option. I wouldn't play such an attacking line-up away but we are at home and should win comfortably.

Davis

Otsemabor Fonte Jaidi Harding

Waigo Hammond Lallana Puncheon

Barnard Lambo

I know its not ideal but if Morgan isn't fit I think it could be the best option. I wouldn't play such an attacking line-up away but we are at home and should win comfortably.

Lallana in central midfield, you're having a laugh aren't you, lad can't tackle and is about as fast as a dead snail.If you want us to get arsed on,play Lallana in central midfield.

Went to the away game where we were amazing! 3-1 with Conolly having a great game, could have been more! Thought Wasall had a poor game and didn't really get playing. Hopefully a win at home!!

I was also there and we played very well that day. But let's not forget that they won at Leeds in their last away match.

I think windows wants Lallana playing somewhere in the carpark away from the St Marys pitch.

He seems to be a talented footballer but for me I dont think he is a striker as he misses too many chances is not a central midfielder or winger.

But he would be ideal if the team consisted of twelve players ;)

So where are we going to play him then?

In the reserves ? or wherever it was that offered us serious money for him last summer.

mind you I think the reserves is dedicated to the Under 15 s nowadays. Cannot understand our attitude towards "decent" players who no longer are in APs plans for the first team.Have we just told Gillett, Gobern,McClaggon and all those to just turn up on payday to collect the payment advice? perhaps they just don't turn up at all.

Edited by Window Cleaner

In the reserves ? or wherever it was that offered us serious money for him last summer.

mind you I think the reserves is dedicated to the Under 15 s nowadays. Cannot understand our attitude towards "decent" players who no longer are in APs plans for the first team.Have we just told Gillett, Gobern,McClaggon and all those to just turn up on payday to collect the payment advice? perhaps they just don't turn up at all.

Yes I noticed that from the reserves report surely fringe players in the First team should be having a run out

By the way I think you may be right about Lallana

Who would you play there who is better and available?

Wotton (urggh) or Gillett, now there's an idea. Play a player with known capacities there because we have no one else.It cannot be any worse than the Puncheon/Antonio experiment on Tuesday.If it doesn't work we can always bring on Wotton instead, just like we did on Tuesday..

..................................Davis

Otsemobor.......Fonte.........Jaidi........Harding

Lallana.............Hammond......Gillett.............Puncheon

......................Barnard...........Lambert

Supposing, James, Morgan & Connolly injured then bench of:

Bart

Seaborne

Thomas

Wotton

Holmes

Antonio

Waigo

Edited by Avenue Saint

Otsemobor.......Fonte.........Jaidi........Harding

Lallana.............Hammond......Gillett.............Puncheon

......................Barnard...........Lambert

looks about right, but a camel has a greater chance etc etc than Gillett getting a start under Pardew.

I think Seabourne is out for a while, mind you the OS never bothers to follow up on their injury status reports. Said he was due a scan then....zilch.

I thought this was the build up fred. Confoosed.com.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18372

Oh well, we're good enough to win this, just as we were good enough to win on Tuesday. That said, I expect the lads to banish the demons and win this one, in what is arguably a more difficult test than Wycombe.

2-0 Saints, Lallana and Barnard.

I thought this was the build up fred. Confoosed.com.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18372

Oh well, we're good enough to win this, just as we were good enough to win on Tuesday. That said, I expect the lads to banish the demons and win this one, in what is arguably a more difficult test than Wycombe.

2-0 Saints, Lallana and Barnard.

that's the old thread, if you post on there someone will make a snide remark to that effect, even if your post is relevant to the current situation.

Wotton (urggh) or Gillett, now there's an idea. Play a player with known capacities there because we have no one else.It cannot be any worse than the Puncheon/Antonio experiment on Tuesday.If it doesn't work we can always bring on Wotton instead, just like we did on Tuesday..

So you are saying Wotton and Gillett are better players than Lallana?

Not sure how playing Antonio on the wing was an experiment, and as for Puncheon he played nearly half his games for MK Dons in CM.

So you are saying Wotton and Gillett are better players than Lallana?

In central midfield certainly because they have the aptitude required for that role and Lallana doesn't. A CM is basically a ball recovery merchant and I can't see him doing that. As I said yesterday AP is a nowhere man just now, he had a good spell and now just drifts in and out of games. I think a side without him might just surprise us all greatly.It would give the strikers more space and the missed chances might not go begging so often. If there's a choice between Wotton,Gillett and Lallana in CM I know who I wouldn't trust in the role.

Lallana needs to move up to a side with better coaches and more cohesion,

he's either wasting his time with Saints or he really isn't all that good. I hope for him it's the former.Have you noticed how few players really make the step up from League 1 football to the higher echelons?, I know Eric Mombaerts thinks it's just a no-mans land for anyone who has any sort of ability. The instant you do something useful at the very next opportunity some hod-carrier (thanks Alps) will give you a good going over and make you think twice about doing it again.

Not sure how playing Antonio on the wing was an experiment, and as for Puncheon he played nearly half his games for MK Dons in CM.

As if MK Dons are an example of fluid play or success.If you're looking for an 1.5 points per game average (a WLWL sawtooth pattern if you like) Puncheon may be the dogs bollax, but we're looking for real results. He was brought here to play outside and that's where he's most effective.

Poor old Lallana. Scores more than a goal every three games and still some would have him in the reserves.

I think he's been in the best form I've seen him in all season, but there you go. He hit the post twice against Norwich. If those had gone in, we would't be having this conversation! He was also the best player for us against MK Dons, and Pompey. My opinion of course. (Clearly...)

A footie friend says Morgan will be back on Saturday ..phew

good news although a bit mysterious, AP said he didn't know then in the next breath said out for Saturday. Maybe a bit of confusion with Seabourne though.

Mind you he must have been mightily hacked off with his side on Tuesday so maybe slipped up in his appraisal of injuries.

I think he's been in the best form I've seen him in all season, but there you go. He hit the post twice against Norwich. If those had gone in, we would't be having this conversation! He was also the best player for us against MK Dons, and Pompey. My opinion of course. (Clearly...)

Depends if you note him on artistic impression or final product content I suppose.

Poor old Lallana. Scores more than a goal every three games and still some would have him in the reserves.

Since the beginning of December in twelve or so league games I can only remember him scoring one goal against Exeter

Think he scored some in November

Hitting the post or having shots saved are not goals

ah the magic of "statistics" one goal in the last 18 or so games, yep absolutely brilliant. He's faded away since he's been dropped from the U21s.

"Statistics"? Why the quotes? They are statistics.

And with regards to him fading away...i respectfully disagree.

He's not consistent but then he's also only 21.

Also quite plainly one of our best players.

How you can't see that is beyond me.

Since the beginning of December in twelve or so league games I can only remember him scoring one goal against Exeter

Think he scored some in November

He has scored once in 18 games of all types, I presume he played in them all. He was doing better when we were at 4-5-1 going to 4-4-2 when Connolly came on, mind you we were scoring a lot of goals in those days.

How about???

Otsemobor.......Fonte.........Jaidi............Harding

Lallana............Thomas......Hammond......Puncheon

....................Barnard...........Lambert

Before I get shot down in flames - Thomas can defend, is built like an ox, so will not get pushed off the ball to easily, certainly can deliver a pass at times, and don't forget the wonder goal.

Would certainly try him for 60 mins myself in that set up !

How about???

Otsemobor.......Fonte.........Jaidi............Harding

Lallana............Thomas......Hammond......Puncheon

....................Barnard...........Lambert

Before I get shot down in flames - Thomas can defend, is built like an ox, so will not get pushed off the ball to easily, certainly can deliver a pass at times, and don't forget the wonder goal.

Would certainly try him for 60 mins myself in that set up !

Would prefer Wotton over Thomas in midfield tbf.

Would prefer Wotton over Thomas in midfield tbf.

Thomas just doesn't have the pace for the role, his tackling is sometimes clumsy and he probably would get either a straight red or two yellow long before

the hour if he were in the heat of the engine room. You can't just dump any old knob into CM it's a very specific role that needs very specific qualities.

Fonté now, he could do the job, but we don't have cover at the back just now.

Thomas just doesn't have the pace for the role, his tackling is sometimes clumsy and he probably would get either a straight red or two yellow long before

the hour if he were in the heat of the engine room. You can't just dump any old knob into CM it's a very specific role that needs very specific qualities.

Fonté now, he could do the job, but we don't have cover at the back just now.

Agree. Fonte would be a very good shout, he is very composed on the ball and can play 'football'.

He has scored once in 18 games of all types, I presume he played in them all. He was doing better when we were at 4-5-1 going to 4-4-2 when Connolly came on, mind you we were scoring a lot of goals in those days.

2 in the last 5 games - Exeter & Mk Dons - but don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

He's scored against Exeter and against MK Dons, I don't know why you feel the need to slate Lallana at every turn especially to the point that you're making things up.

He's score 14 goals from midfield already this season all from open play, that's better than most strikers in this league.

We only done the 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 with Connolly coming on for three games Oldham, MK and Leyton Orient, I wouldn't really say Lallana was any better in those three games. Strange that you mentioned it, his best run of form was after that when we switched to 4-4-2 and Lallana was playing very wide as opposed to the more narrow role he's played over recent weeks.

Never going to happen since in Pards eyes Gillett's the antichrist and Barnards the second-coming but:

....................................Davis

Otsemobor.............Fonte.........Jaidi.........................Harding

Puncheon.........Hammond......Gillett (if Morgan is still out)...Holmes

..............................Lallana/Papa

................................Lambert