Nick Halling, Ed Chamberlain and London Saints...

Dibden Purlieu Saint

So, out in Waxy O'Conners off Piccadilly Circus on Friday night. When I left, the Missus pointed out someone wearing a Saints coat. I thought fairplay, I'll go over and say hello. It wasn't until I got over there I blurted out "Bloody hell, it's Nick Halling". Anyway, real nice guy, seemed pretty happy to talk Saints and the NFL (my other passion). Also commented on Ed Chamberlain and said he's doing really well now after his illness. Good to see Saints fans all over the place (I also have 3 in my office on Oxford Street). It just goes to show how well supported we are outside Southampton.

Anyway, no real point to my e-mail, just thought I'd report back!

I was thinking during his commentary on Saturday's game "If you're a Walsall fan, now might be a good time to go make a coffee" and thinking that in his head, like mine and everyone else on this website, he was probably saying something like "I might just stay and watch it myself!"

So, out in Waxy O'Conners off Piccadilly Circus on Friday night. When I left, the Missus pointed out someone wearing a Saints coat. I thought fairplay, I'll go over and say hello. It wasn't until I got over there I blurted out "Bloody hell, it's Nick Halling". Anyway, real nice guy, seemed pretty happy to talk Saints and the NFL (my other passion). Also commented on Ed Chamberlain and said he's doing really well now after his illness. Good to see Saints fans all over the place (I also have 3 in my office on Oxford Street). It just goes to show how well supported we are outside Southampton.

Any of you members of London Saints?

Can you play darts?

http://www.londonsaints.com

Good to see Saints fans all over the place (I also have 3 in my office on Oxford Street). It just goes to show how well supported we are outside Southampton.

Make that another one here (am bang on Oxford Circus/Regent St). Saints everywhere in the Smoke!

When Ormerod used to play for us, he always used to make a comment about it on Sky whenever talking about Brett Favre (a famous quarterback for the non NFL fans).

He certainly did :-)

I remember they came back from a story about a statue being built for Favre. Halling said something like 'that was a bit disappointing, when they said we had a story about the 'Brett statue' I thought it was going to be about one being built for Brett Ormerod'.

Whoooosh - totally over the heads of 90% of the people watching. Great stuff.

I saw him at a Crewe away game once. He had a poxy Steelers jacket on (he does lose Brownie points for supporting those f******!!!) but anyway - got talking and he'd just driven up there for the day as he hadn't seen Saints there before. Top man.

I ran into someone wearing a Saints jacket in the Sobell Leisure centre Friday night (just up the road from the Emirates) said he did some work for Saints. And now I look at pictures of Nick Halling it could have been him...

Scouting youngsters for Saints from under Arsenal's noses perhaps ;)

Good to see Saints fans all over the place (I also have 3 in my office on Oxford Street). It just goes to show how well supported we are outside Southampton.

Make that another one here (am bang on Oxford Circus/Regent St). Saints everywhere in the Smoke!

I'm bang on there too. I can see Oxford Circus tube from my window! Where abouts are you?

And me - on Gt Marlborough St (1 behind oxford street) - W1 Saints!

Brixton based and Soho for work (when there is some), seen one or two R&W's on the Common myself which is strange as it's usually the upturned collar type with cauli ears round those parts.

If it happens, make it a real ale joint if at all possible, there's plenty about.

Oh and I'm representing the Southampton massive in Peckham! And Mile End from time to time.

Denmark Hill for me! I sometimes see someone cycling north towards Camberwell Green wearing an old Saints shirt (the one from the great escape years)...

I'm bang on there too. I can see Oxford Circus tube from my window! Where abouts are you?

Based in the old Classic FM building (above Benneton) right on the corner of Oxford St/Regents Street. Seems like there are a few of us about in the centre of town.

Soton here, Soton there, Soton flippin everywhere!!

I'm over in Victoria; unfortuntately the only Saint in my office.

Did see someone in a Saints shirt jogging around Clapham Common a couple of weeks ago.

I was until recently in Pimlico with all my family - we're all 'London Saints' though I'm now up at Notts. Uni