Would you

Weston Super Saint

And if roles had been reversed, and we had been relegated and Leicester had stayed up, would you be saying the same thing? I think you'd be grizzling like a ***** about how unfair life is :rolleyes:

How many Leicester fans would swap a League one place for a season in the second tier with local derbies with Forest, Derby and Coventry ahead of them as well as a shot at the play offs and the gravy train?

Go on, how many Leicester fans, smart arse? :rolleyes:

Notice you've not mentioned Forest who spent three seasons in the top six of League one week in, week out and now are "sitting pretty" errr, below us.

Sorry, any old dinlow can cherry pick a team that's won a couple of games and then extrapolate how great it would be if only we were them.

Frankly it's retarded, and people that think we'd be better off a league below are completely retarded.

Mandaric could sack Pearson before Christmas. Then what would your point be? Because your point that all clubs that drop to L1 inevitably come back fantastically stronger is fairy story stuff. Tell that to Leeds, Bradford, Wimbledon, Millwall, Luton, Oxford United or Swindon, all teams that have been in the top flight in my lifetime.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.

So rolly eyes all the way, sunshine.

Good post. Was thinking of Forest myself...that is not the way we want to be going...

Swap places with Leicester right now?

Yes.

I always said we would need to find our natural level before we could bounce back.

Division 1 is our natural level right now.

I'm sure Lowe thought the same....look at the timing of his return....'twas at a time where we were looking dead certs for relegation....the Jan Poortvliet 'experiment' would have worked wonders in League One but due to our 'unexpected' last minute reprieve on the last day of the season Lowe found himself having to deploy a plan he had hatched for us being in League One rather than in the Championship.

Which, of course, makes our current low table 'predicament' all the more understandable.

So, yes, I'd be far happier riding at the top of League One right now than languishing at the foot of the Championship.

One step backwards = many steps forward.....

Fact.

HTH

Edited by trousers

And if roles had been reversed, and we had been relegated and Leicester had stayed up, would you be saying the same thing? I think you'd be grizzling like a ***** about how unfair life is :rolleyes:

How many Leicester fans would swap a League one place for a season in the second tier with local derbies with Forest, Derby and Coventry ahead of them as well as a shot at the play offs and the gravy train?

Go on, how many Leicester fans, smart arse? :rolleyes:

Notice you've not mentioned Forest who spent three seasons in the top six of League one week in, week out and now are "sitting pretty" errr, below us.

Sorry, any old dinlow can cherry pick a team that's won a couple of games and then extrapolate how great it would be if only we were them.

Frankly it's retarded, and people that think we'd be better off a league below are completely retarded.

Mandaric could sack Pearson before Christmas. Then what would your point be? Because your point that all clubs that drop to L1 inevitably come back fantastically stronger is fairy story stuff. Tell that to Leeds, Bradford, Wimbledon, Millwall, Luton, Oxford United or Swindon, all teams that have been in the top flight in my lifetime.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.

So rolly eyes all the way, sunshine.

Is the muliple use of the rolley eyes your juvenile way of returning to your assertion that something intangible can be more than 100%? You obviousy believe that one set of rolley eyes does not convey the same message and that additional use of them somehow expresses your feelings better than words could. I can understand how you would think that.

I couldn't care a toss about your reasoning. As I stated in my post, I would prefer Pearson to JP, I would prefer Mandaric to Lowe and Wilde and have a feeling that Leicester will pass us on the way up as we are on the way down. It is my opinion and you can rolley eye your response as much as you like if it makes you feel better. Frankly my dear, I couldn't give a damn.

Is the muliple use of the rolley eyes your juvenile way of returning to your assertion that something intangible can be more than 100%? You obviousy believe that one set of rolley eyes does not convey the same message and that additional use of them somehow expresses your feelings better than words could. I can understand how you would think that.

I couldn't care a toss about your reasoning. As I stated in my post, I would prefer Pearson to JP, I would prefer Mandaric to Lowe and Wilde and have a feeling that Leicester will pass us on the way up as we are on the way down. It is my opinion and you can rolley eye your response as much as you like if it makes you feel better. Frankly my dear, I couldn't give a damn.

He doea have a point tough. How many people were seeing Leicester, with the same chairman, as a role model at the end of last season? And, of course, didn't they manage to have their debts reduced by some method which now means anybody else going into administration gets hit with a huge points deduction?

Definitely swap positions and circumstances with Leicester. We will leagues anyway in May 09 so why not go with a situation of a club building on what they have and going up rather than continuing to slide.

Saints will relegate if this total(ly bull) football kids experiment is allowed to continue. Saints will sell the better young players to keep the plc afloat (stated by Wilde himself 2 weeks ago). Saints WILL NOT therefore go up to the CCC immediately from League 1....indeed could conceivably continue to fall to League 2.

So... yes give me Leicester's cirmcumstances right now if we (Lowe/Wilde) are not allowing a takeover asp.

What? Why are my opinions "intangible" and yours not?

Looking forward to you not complaining at all about our league position for the rest of the season as being relegated to L1 will be such a fantastic experience for all concerned and we should all embrace it.

You seem to have completely disregarded the fact that Leicester have already "passed us" on the way down. They are in League One and you swooning over them like a love sick puppy as if they are some gold standard football club doesn't actually change that.

How many Leicester fans wouldn't want to be in the CCC right now? Or is that a "juvenile" question from someone not all cleva like what you are? :rolleyes:

Utterly clueless.

:rolleyes:

Looking forward to you not complaining at all about our league position for the rest of the season as being relegated to L1 will be such a fantastic experience for all concerned and we should all embrace it.

You seem to have completely disregarded the fact that Leicester have already "passed us" on the way down. They are in League One and you swooning over them like a love sick puppy as if they are some gold standard football club doesn't actually change that.

How many Leicester fans wouldn't want to be in the CCC right now? Or is that a "juvenile" question from someone not all cleva like what you are? :rolleyes:

Utterly clueless.

You can alter the meaning or your interpretation of what I said in any direction that suits your febrile brain.

This is what I said:

Funny to see this thread, as I was musing on it yesterday myself.

A manager I respected with a chairman prepared to dig into his own pockets to help his team which is consequently going well in the right direction. Contrast that with the situation that we are in. I hadn't made a decision on it, but did feel that right now I'd at least swap JP for Pearson if it were possible.

As for swapping Lowe for Mandaric, I'd do that in a flash any day. At least then I'm assuming that Scabby would bugger off and support Leicester.

You pulled me up on my saying that they were going in the right direction, although currently they had in all probability bottomed out last season and were now going in the right direction (unless of course you believe the right direction is down).

Otherwise I stated that I'd gladly swap Pearson for JP and certainly Mandaric for Lowe.

Now, pull your head in (if that's possible) and point out to me where I said that I would swap our position with Leicester's. Did I say that I would swap our players for theirs? Did I say that I'd swap our stadium? Our City? Anything other than our manager or Chairman? Please try and read more carefully what I have actually said before you jump all over it with your supercillious snide attitude and rolley eyes.

And whilst you feel arrogant enough to tell me what you think I can or cannot state as my opinion on a discussion forum, I am a paying fan of many years standing and as such I am entitled to express any opinion I like whether it irks you or not.

Utterly clueless.

Of course no one wants their team to be in a lower league given a black-and-white choice but given our respective circumstances and, thus, putting things into perspective, I'd rather be in League One and on the rise than in freefall in the Championship.

We are simply putting off the inevitable.

Lowe's masterplan of 'starting from scratch' with academy players would have worked wonders in League One but, evidently, isn't working out too well in the Championship.....

And, before the clever-clogs come back with "So, you'd rather be in division 2 if we were doing poorly in Division 1?".....I say....No....with our current squad, our natural position is League One....not the Championship or League Two.

IMHO of course

Edited by trousers

Of course no one wants their team to be in a lower league given a black-and-white choice but given our respective circumstances and, thus, putting things into perspective, I'd rather be in League One and on the rise than in freefall in the Championship.

We are simply putting off the inevitable.

Lowe's masterplan of 'starting from scratch' with academy players would have worked wonders in League One but, evidently, isn't working out too well in the Championship.....

And, before the clever-clogs come back with "So, you'd rather be in division 2 if we were doing poorly in Division 1?".....I say....No....with our current squad, our natural position is League One....not the Championship or League Two.

IMHO of course

Careful, Trousers. You obviously didn't realise that holding such opinions precluded you from having a good moan at our league position any time later this season. ;) :p

CB Fry

I respect a lot of posters on this forum but some who have said Yes on here have lost a lot in my eyes.

How many of them use the 'we had 3 managers in a season' to bash RL and then convieniently forget that MM did last season and were relelgated with a squad that should never have gone down.NP has a team that it will be criminal if he fails to get promotion, they have many players that would walk into many of the CCC sides. Again when someone is elsewhere they become demi gods. Richard Wright did well here , he has done SFA elsewhere and has made at least 3 howlers this season. Leicester have started weell and I dont follow their results but I do know they got a good away win at Orient saturday after losing at home to Millwall.

I would not contemplate swapping places with Leicester and the fans that would and do not go now should hang thier heads, after all they have the chance to watch a higher standard of football from the one they are harping for.

I respect a lot of posters on this forum but some who have said Yes on here have lost a lot in my eyes.

How many of them use the 'we had 3 managers in a season' to bash RL and then convieniently forget that MM did last season and were relelgated with a squad that should never have gone down.NP has a team that it will be criminal if he fails to get promotion, they have many players that would walk into many of the CCC sides. Again when someone is elsewhere they become demi gods. Richard Wright did well here , he has done SFA elsewhere and has made at least 3 howlers this season. Leicester have started weell and I dont follow their results but I do know they got a good away win at Orient saturday after losing at home to Millwall.

I would not contemplate swapping places with Leicester and the fans that would and do not go now should hang thier heads, after all they have the chance to watch a higher standard of football from the one they are harping for.

I'm sorry but Leicester have a much more promising future than us, Mandric is a mad as a box of frogs when it comes to managers but Lowe is not far behind, one has **** loads of money and puts it into his club, the other has none, puts nowt in and costs the club a salary.

It's a no brainer for me, look where pompey were when Mandrick took over and where they are now, compare that to Saints - it's a complete reversal, Mandrick turned a pennyless championship club to an established prem club - Lowe did the opposite.

Edited by aintforever

I'm sorry but Leicester have a much more promising future than us, Mandric is a mad as a box of frogs when it comes to managers but Lowe is not far behind, one has **** loads of money and puts it into his club, the other has mone, puts nowt in and costs the club a salary.

It's a no brainer for me, look where pompey were when Mandrick took over and where they are now, compare that to Saints.

sums it up pretty well.

sums it up pretty well.
Looks like all the missing fans are at the Walkers stadium. Madness, if in a years time they do go up and we are relegated then Id want to swap but now ? not in a million years.MM money didnt keep them up and it seems the history books are being re written about MM success, he got Pompey promoted by having money to spend after all the other clubs had been shafted by ITV digitals collapse.

He had overseen many managers and eventually fel lucky with HR, even then he nearly ruied it with his spat. You lot carry on with your Leicester love in I m happy to stay a Saint.

Looks like all the missing fans are at the Walkers stadium. Madness, if in a years time they do go up and we are relegated then Id want to swap but now ? not in a million years.MM money didnt keep them up and it seems the history books are being re written about MM success, he got Pompey promoted by having money to spend after all the other clubs had been shafted by ITV digitals collapse.

He had overseen many managers and eventually fel lucky with HR, even then he nearly ruied it with his spat. You lot carry on with your Leicester love in I m happy to stay a Saint.

Noone wants to be a Leicester fan, it's a hypothetical question.

You are right about the ITV thing, but if pompey had Lowe as their chairman that season they wouldn't have spent any money and would have just cut their cloth to fit, probably would be in League 1 right now.

Noone wants to be a Leicester fan, it's a hypothetical question.

You are right about the ITV thing, but if pompey had Lowe as their chairman that season they wouldn't have spent any money and would have just cut their cloth to fit, probably would be in League 1 right now.

if only money was the "factor" that got you up....we would be in the prem by now...

Nick, just to clarify the original question - right here, right now, ignoring what has happened in the past, and making assumptions as to what will possibly happen in the future, given our respective league positions and performances - would you swap places with Leicester [a simple yes or no is good enough ;) ]

Nick, just to clarify the original question - right here, right now, ignoring what has happened in the past, and making assumptions as to what will possibly happen in the future, given our respective league positions and performances - would you swap places with Leicester [a simple yes or no is good enough ;) ]

This asylum is being taken over by the lunatics. Of course I wouldnt want to be in a lower league. All the posters on here who would swap places and mpan about the quality of football we are getting and then want to watch it even poorer.As a lot dont go it doesnt effect them I suppose.

I understand fans giving envious eyes to Brum or Wolves but Leicester as because their manager was with us a few weeks in his wonderful 3 winning period then I dont wonder we have falling gates.

• 4 weeks later...
2 points off the top spot with a game in hand, have you changed your mind, or is it still the same??

I was casting an envious eye over their defensive record. Only 6 goals conceded in 10 games. Contrast that with the 18 we let in over 11 games. Pearson had made good progress in shoring up our defence during the short time he was here. Seems that although both Pearson and Poortvliet were defenders in their footballing careers, Pearson is the one who appears to know more about marshalling a decent defence as a manager. Providing that he was actually given a free hand under Lowe / Quisling (accepting the budget retraints that he would have been put under), I am far more confident that he would have been able to come up with a better defence than we currently have.

League One.

Boot Boy of a manager.

Route one.

Journeymen.

Flowing football a dirty word.

No thanks.

The trouble is that our team is too young and inexperienced. We do need some big experienced players in the team to help and look after the youngsters on the pitch. We can only do this by getting in loan players or players coming towards the end of their careers. JP has no contacts in the English leagues wheras NP did.

IMO opninion we need a manager that can pull a few strings.

Now swapping L for M might have been interesting if he hadn't been down at our nearest and dearest neighbours. Though he did manage to find a buyer who had some money.

If as a lot of supporters seem to think we are doomed and face bankrupsy why not do it now and put us out of our misery? We might even find a buyer who not having to pay much for the club could sort out the mess we're in.

Answer NONONO

Edited by SFC Forever
Not finished

It may well turn out the case that it, given our financial predicament, it would have been better for our Dutch management/youth team last roll of the dice if we HAD of got relegated last season and the re-building had taken place in L1.

no no no

whichever division we are in our current set up would still not survive. Out muscled and outfought... the same would apply to games at leeds, millwall, scunny, southend, colchester, oldham, Peterboro (gulp), Bristol Rovers (gulp again), Carlisle, Tranmere and even Hereford (and they are bottom!!!)