WTF? We LOST????

SO16_Saint

Just like to point out that, at 16:40 i checked the Sky Sports iphone app which had the line 'penalty taken by Papa Waigo. Penalty scored'.

That was the last contact i have had since, until this point.

you can imagine my surprise to see that it WASNT our penalty.

FVUK!

:(

I had the same on my phone from Vodafone/Sky sports

85 mins. Tranmere 1-2 Southampton. Papa Waigo (Penalty)

I was working so was didnt get a chance to check again for a while and was really happy as i'd thought we'd won. (Even though i was surprissed Pape Waigo would have taken the pen!)

Next text i see....

Full Time. Tranmere 2-1 Southampton

Had to make a phone call to clarify!! How ****ed off was i!

:-(

I had the same on my phone from Vodafone/Sky sports

85 mins. Tranmere 1-2 Southampton. Papa Waigo (Penalty)

I was working so was didnt get a chance to check again for a while and was really happy as i'd thought we'd won. (Even though i was surprissed Pape Waigo would have taken the pen!)

Next text i see....

Full Time. Tranmere 2-1 Southampton

Had to make a phone call to clarify!! How ****ed off was i!

:-(

Yep, I had the same Tranmere 1-2 Southampton. Papa Waigo (Penalty)

Then a retraction 10 minutes later.

I turned my frown upside down, then another inversion. What ****ing YTS twot have they got working these things.

Next they will be sending us the score in advanced based on what happend in Football Manager 2010.

i was in the 3 store in southampton "borrowing" their internet on one of their laptops. 1-2 saints it said on BBC sport. I continued to do the clenched fist punching air dance only to be told by someone listening to game that it was 2-1 Tranmere! Fookers!!

Anyone who thinks the posters above are deluding themselves:

• Correction - 84:22 GOAL - Ian Thomas-Moore:Tranmere 2 - 1 Southampton Penalty taken right-footed by Ian Thomas-Moore and scored. Tranmere 2-1 Southampton.
  • 84:22 GOAL - Ndiaye Papa Waigo:Tranmere 1 - 2 Southampton Ndiaye Papa Waigo scores a placed penalty. Tranmere 1-2 Southampton.

Taken directly from BBC Sport Football.

I was listening to the radio, while working, and unfortunately, there was never any indication of Papa Waigo taking a penalty. Of course, 5 minutes after Tranmere scored from their dubious penalty, Fonte was booked for alledged diving in the opposition's box for the very same soft penalty Tranmere had received. Commentator, Kris Temple said that the referee had well and truly lost it, by then.

Anyone who thinks the posters above are deluding themselves:

• Correction - 84:22 GOAL - Ian Thomas-Moore:Tranmere 2 - 1 Southampton Penalty taken right-footed by Ian Thomas-Moore and scored. Tranmere 2-1 Southampton.
  • 84:22 GOAL - Ndiaye Papa Waigo:Tranmere 1 - 2 Southampton Ndiaye Papa Waigo scores a placed penalty. Tranmere 1-2 Southampton.

Taken directly from BBC Sport Football.

I was listening to the radio, while working, and unfortunately, there was never any indication of Papa Waigo taking a penalty. Of course, 5 minutes after Tranmere scored from their dubious penalty, Fonte was booked for alledged diving in the opposition's box for the very same soft penalty Tranmere had received. Commentator, Kris Temple said that the referee had well and truly lost it, by then.

just to rub it in Moore had dived at least twice in the area and not got booked and then scored from the dodgy late pen. Hopefully this ref will not ref another game again.

They said the same thing on Radio 5 live! I was driving and shouted Yeessss!!!!! only to discover a few minutes later the penalty had gone the other way! :-(

I did think it strange that Waigo had taken the 'penalty' though

How could they get it so wrong???????

Saintweb and officialsaints twitter ftw - sends me text updates for each goal and also comments on the game as it's going. What a great free service (have cancelled the text alerts thingy as the feed from the above two twitter accounts is a thousand times better!)

I'm guessing completely here, but does papa have the same squad number as the bloke for Tranmere that did score?? Perhaps those updates are a "push of a button" electronic transmission and matey in charge pressed the button for pen, squad number X, then the wrong effing team!!!

BBC had the same, shows how many places get feed from the same individual ****.

Yep, I was working and clicked onto the Beeb to check the results and saw this but didn't read the correction properly and thought that there were two pens in the 85th minute and that we were drawing 2-2. Pah.

I'm guessing completely here, but does papa have the same squad number as the bloke for Tranmere that did score?? Perhaps those updates are a "push of a button" electronic transmission and matey in charge pressed the button for pen, squad number X, then the wrong effing team!!!

I reckon you are correct - moore scored for them and he was #9

Was at the game - ref was shocking. Poor throughout the whole game for both teams although they benefited from the refs imagination with the non existent penalty.

I was using livescore.com at the game checking up on milwall and huddersfield, was wondering if i was at the same game as they were showing Tranmere 1 v 2 Saints!!!

I heard their pen on the radio and turnt it off in disgust when they scored.

Checked my phone 5 mins later using the app on my phone and saw it said 2-1 us with Waigo scoring. even though I heard it on the radio I even doubted what i'd heard and was gutted when I got home and checked the score on SSN. Very odd.

Just to add to the fun, I was at the match and when I put my Sky Sports iPhone app on it said Tranmere 1-2 Saints but had the 2 correct scorers listed for Tranmere and only one for Saints.

And the more I recall about the game, and am reminded by other people (had forgotten the backpass, Barnard getting fouled immediately before, AND all of Moore's dives in the box), the worse the ref was.

Just to add to the fun, I was at the match and when I put my Sky Sports iPhone app on it said Tranmere 1-2 Saints but had the 2 correct scorers listed for Tranmere and only one for Saints.

And the more I recall about the game, and am reminded by other people (had forgotten the backpass, Barnard getting fouled immediately before, AND all of Moore's dives in the box), the worse the ref was.

.......and the time wasting (their keeper back-heeling the ball while the ref was splitting up papa and their defender), the tosspot in the crowd who wouldn't give the ball back to antonio & seabourne and the ball-boys who were stuck to their seats so our players had to retrieve the ball themselves.