Very unsmug thread for those STILL waiting for tickets

Shroppie

Can't believe they're not here. Just how long does it take a carrier pigeon to fly to Shropshire?

Shropshire is far too near to Carlisle for them to send tickets there ;)

I'm sure that they'll turn up tomorrow. Perhaps it's not even our ticket office who actually do the posting.

Could a pigeon actually carry an envelope with 50 tickets in it? Mind you a duck probably could but they're a whole lot slower.

NB I must ring my aunt in Wimbledon and remind her not to sling my ticket out with the trash, she's getting a bit absent minded nowadays.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Had a call from my ole man this evening who said he is still waiting for the tickets to turn up and he is in Southampton. Said that the ticket office gave some excuse about them being sent out alphabetically or something. Doesnt wash as a few friends names are either side of his in the alphabet and they both have their tickets.

Not worried though as Ticket office have assured him if they dont turn up they will print some more at the ticket office. Possibley another fobbing off attempt but in any case they will probably be there in the next day or so.

I bought six with four different ST numbers on the first day and they arrived Saturday.

My mate at work who goes regular but not on database asked if I could help.

I purchased two more the next day and they haven't turned up yet.

although I'm happy that I have got ours I am a bit woried that his haven't arrived yet.

WHY is it when you try and do someone a bloody favour, it always comes back to bite you on the arse?

It looks to him as though I have had his money and kept his tickets!

(For those with more suspicious minds amongst you.......................NO I haven't flogged them on ebay!)

If this is what it's gonna be like for the playoffs then forget them this year, lets just have automatic next year please!

I would start to worry if I were you.

Your postman likes football does he, or got a account with Ticketmaster.

What has the ticket office said?

They said don't worry. We're refuelling the pigeon. Call again Wednesday and it helps to make cooing noises.

Calling again Wednesday just means there is one less day to sort out the ****-up. ****** poor effort - print them a week earlier, surely.

(BTW, mine haven't arrived, but then I live 10 miles from Southampton so you'd ex[ect it. Obviously.)

Had a call from my ole man this evening who said he is still waiting for the tickets to turn up and he is in Southampton. Said that the ticket office gave some excuse about them being sent out alphabetically or something. Doesnt wash as a few friends names are either side of his in the alphabet and they both have their tickets.

Not worried though as Ticket office have assured him if they dont turn up they will print some more at the ticket office. Possibley another fobbing off attempt but in any case they will probably be there in the next day or so.

I suppose they sent my second batch (Mk dons sales) out alphabetically to me first name...... still awaiting my batch from season tickets but then again, my surname starts with "S" so I suppose they must be nearly there by now!!!

I just hope they arrive - can ticket office re-print if not? I'm away from home from Thursday so if they ain't arrived by then.... im fuoked.

I wonder why they didn't mention the TNT van crashing on Friday? How strange, the girl on the phone told me this morning that the final dispatch van crashed at 5pm on Friday, but they didn't find out until yesterday afternoon!

Terrible luck, it really is, I am also staggered that they didn't find out until yesterday afternoon.

But its all ok, you can collect on the day!!! To reassure you, 'A' member of staff will be kicking about somewhere, sorry 'based at wembley'... that is assuming that individual dosent have an accident two and a half days before and goes unnoticed!

I have complete and utter faith, not even a hint of skepticism!

How utterly disappointing

They said don't worry. We're refuelling the pigeon. Call again Wednesday and it helps to make cooing noises.

Well they got to Warwickshire today so not too far now to Salop ;)

Not long now Shroppie,just had mine dropped off in Worcestershire.

Almost there Shroppie ;)

I wonder why they didn't mention the TNT van crashing on Friday? How strange, the girl on the phone told me this morning that the final dispatch van crashed at 5pm on Friday, but they didn't find out until yesterday afternoon!

Terrible luck, it really is, I am also staggered that they didn't find out until yesterday afternoon.

But its all ok, you can collect on the day!!! To reassure you, 'A' member of staff will be kicking about somewhere, sorry 'based at wembley'... that is assuming that individual dosent have an accident two and a half days before and goes unnoticed!

I have complete and utter faith, not even a hint of skepticism!

How utterly disappointing

Wow a van involved in a crash, how very unusual in this country especially when it happens going into a weekend so will go unnoticed more than a working day :rolleyes:

Right i've spoken to the ticket office and the tickets were "apparently" now not sent out in alphabetical order. I asked who made the decision to send them out so late and her words were "it was the chairman Nicola Cortese that decided how it would be organised". I asked if I could pick up duplicates from Wembley on the Saturday to save the hassle on the day - answer NO.

Wow a van involved in a crash, how very unusual in this country especially when it happens going into a weekend so will go unnoticed more than a working day :rolleyes:

This whole procedure has been a bit too much 'just in time'. There is now allowance for things that can go wrong, such as vans crashing. Why couldn't the tickets have been sent out when they were ordered?

F'sure, crashes are not unusual, and I hope no-one was hurt at all.

TNT provide a delivery service for clients such as SFC. If they were to have an issue, such as an accident, I believe they would have agreed a duty of care to adhere to.

Postal vans with many thousands of pounds worth of product should not go missing for two and a half days, regardless of the weekend, its the 21st century! I currently paint a picture of some pranged van full of tickets piled up in some breakers yard that the mechanic hasn't discovered it yet!

On the same note, SFC have a duty to communicate to customers, which I feel they have failed to do in this instance. They have a back up plan, and i confident the situation will eventually (about 11am sunday @ wembley) be resolved.

However, that back up plan is going to cost considerable expense and disruption so I hope you understand it is a frustrating situation to be put into uninformed..

This whole procedure has been a bit too much 'just in time'. There is now allowance for things that can go wrong, such as vans crashing. Why couldn't the tickets have been sent out when they were ordered?

JIT gone hopelessly wrong! If this happened a week ago, no problem, plenty of time to buffer and restore the supply side of things. Instead I am treated to half baked analogy's, stories, reasons, excuses and denials from tired staff in call centers who are sick of the grief they are getting!

We had two different orders, from different fortnights, bank accounts etc... which appear to be on the same van?

I don't think our £30 booking fee has provided us with value for money. Cortese said it was priced separately to provide transparency, to reflect the extra levels of process required to get the tickets to our door.

I think this is a positive move and perfectly acceptable, if they didn't screw it up!

Public affairs nightmare on the horizon! Im sure the FA have a part to play in this, which may be confusing a ticket sales team in uncharted waters, through the insistence of printing the tickets at wembley, being sent by via courier (TNT) to royal mail etc

We have been unlucky...

I will retract my rant/statement and forgive all in exchange for my tickets tomorrow!

Not happy at all still no tickets.I dont want to be queuing for bloody tickets at Wembley.

It means that instead of drinking in central london and arriving at the stadium before k/o i'll need to get the bloody tickets sorted out.

I suppose they sent my second batch (Mk dons sales) out alphabetically to me first name...... still awaiting my batch from season tickets but then again, my surname starts with "S" so I suppose they must be nearly there by now!!!

I just hope they arrive - can ticket office re-print if not? I'm away from home from Thursday so if they ain't arrived by then.... im fuoked.

I was told by the ticket office that Wembley prints the tickets so if you don't get them on wednesday let them know and they will get Wembley to print off duplicates that you can pick up there

Right i would urge anyone who knows their customer number to check with the ticket office that instead of sending their tickets out in the post they have put them down for collection. After waiting for some of the tickets i ordered to arrive in the post, after contacting the ticket office i find out without my knowledge they have been marked down for me to collect!!!!!. So worth checking that out for anyone still waiting .

I am still waiting for 9 tickets as well, really annoying.

I know for a fact that the ticket office was in possession of our tickets much earlier when they put them on sale, i really don't know why they decided to wait until the 15th to start sending them out.

Carlisle sent them at time of sale, and also gave their fans the option of buying in person from the ticket office where they handed them over the counter (with no booking fee)

Still no tickets here either. Looks like they'll be about 5000 of us queuing and how long is that going to take?? It is an absolute **** up of the first order and somebody needs their arse kicked for this. How fricking hard is it? Airlines manage it, concert venues, ferry companies - Christ, even bloody Eurotunnel can manage it! But ask Saints to send out tickets 5 weeks after you've paid for them and that is apparently too much to ask for, even with a £3 per ticket "booking fee". What a JOKE, an absolute farce of a disgrace. My 5 year-old son and I are now more than likely going to have to queue for God knows how long and why? What good reason is there?

Only Bitterne park . Everyone i know has their tickets , apart from me:toimonster:

Well I'm still waiting for the 4No £58 tickets I booked on Day 1. The 2No I booked on the last day of sales arrived safely a few days ago.

Fortunately I have Friday off so I can either come down to St Mary's, although more preferebly for me I can go direct to the Wembley Box Office on Friday

Regards

Morph

I really hope all your tickets turn up on time.

Royal Mail has turned into a f**king disgrace in recent years. I was regularly left fretting the arrival in time of things before I left.

I was reading a story a few weeks ago of a sorting office manager who unusally was willing to help with sorting, then one day it was discovered he was opening anything that looked like a kiddie's birthday card, stealing the money and binning the cards.

In the lead-up to the Xmas before I left the UK, we were getting our deliveries at 8:30pm...