How many overseas based Saints

ladysaint

going to be at Wembley on Sunday.

I know 9 coming from Holland

2 from Norway

sure there must a quite a few more. Always feel for those overseas fans who come over to support us a few times a season hope next season the club look at having an overseas membership scheme to cater for them.

2 from Norway

sure there must a quite a few more. Always feel for those overseas fans who come over to support us a few times a season hope next season the club look at having an overseas membership scheme to cater for them.

There was an ex-pats membership scheme in the plan but the club cancelled it after discussion with GM.

Just out of interest how did they get tickets? I guess they are not ST holders, so did they all come the MKD area final ???

Easy , I bought a ticket for MK Dons and gave it to my niece's boyfriend.

I then got my son to go round to SMS when he was in the UK and buy my ticket with all the relevant details.It really didn't need much forethought.

But then I do go to other games as well, about 6 a season, more if I can manage the time and the funding.London games mostly, I have a cousin who supports Charlton, we usually go to most Saints London games together.Charlton,Millwall,Orient this season so far.

2 from Norway

My son (Alright_Dave) is coming over from Belgium but unfortunately (yes, I am p|ssed off at missing a Wembley occasion, unlike Alpine_Saint who thinks it is a waste of time!) am in and around Africa for about 6 weeks and although enjoying the experience am still a bit sad not to be part of the big day !

Good luck to all who are there and I hope that it is everything that you wish for !!

COYS :)

2 from Norway

I know of one my brother from France, on e from Luxemburg and 4 Dutch Lads coming over all on the back of second ticket for season ticket holders.

And before anyone has a pop at why they have got tickets, they are all loyal supporters abd were all in Bucherest to watch Saints in 2003

I'm coming over on Saturday. Flying via Riga. I'll say hello to Pahars if I seem him there! :)

Dont just say hello - put him on the plane and bring him over!!!!

I would love it - just love it to see that man in a Saints shirt again - Nicola send the invite out and lets have him back at St Marys as a guest of our great club

2 from Norway

Is Alpine coming? Or is he going to judge from afar as usual?

2 from Norway

I am one of those Norwegians, and if you count my girlfriend as the second, you have both:-) I know another Norwegian is coming as well, but he will be sitting in the Carlisle end trying to behave...

Luckily I got some help from friends, otherwise I would not have got a ticket. Even though many of us travel several times a season to England, nobody can afford having a season ticket just in case we get to Wembley.

My son (Alright_Dave) is coming over from Belgium but unfortunately (yes, I am p|ssed off at missing a Wembley occasion, unlike Alpine_Saint who thinks it is a waste of time!) am in and around Africa for about 6 weeks and although enjoying the experience am still a bit sad not to be part of the big day !

Good luck to all who are there and I hope that it is everything that you wish for !!

COYS :)

I'll look out for another guy wearing a Saints shirt in the chunnel then.......I'm on the 8.20am, so an early start for me ;-)

Obviously there are a number of saints fans that are from England who have moved abroad and carry on following the club, but what I find more interesting are those lads who follow saints from abroad, some making a real effort at great cost to come over for games, yet do not have any real attachment with the city.

I know some Italian saints have come over a few times.

Scandinavians and the Dutch.

The Russian saints had a superb flag at Norwich at home this season, would be good to see a picture of that again.

The irish saints are also well represented, fair play to the lads as most over there just support Liverpool, Man Utd or one of the Glasgow clubs.

I know of one my brother from France, on e from Luxemburg and 4 Dutch Lads coming over all on the back of second ticket for season ticket holders.

And before anyone has a pop at why they have got tickets, they are all loyal supporters abd were all in Bucherest to watch Saints in 2003

That's all right then, if you all went to a game seven years ago. Puts us ST holders to shame! ;)

That's all right then, if you all went to a game seven years ago. Puts us ST holders to shame! ;)

This isn't a better fan than you thread just saying who's coming, from where and how they got their tickets

All those coming come over to games several times a year whregularly, hence they were among the 2300 Saints fans in Bucharest, the Dutch lads cycled to Hull a couple of years ago via Rotterdam to Hull Ferry but several had to walk back after having their bikes stolen whilst the game was on despite having locks etc., ity din't put them off though and several of them sailed over in a yacht to a home game in our last relegation season.

Obviously there are a number of saints fans that are from England who have moved abroad and carry on following the club, but what I find more interesting are those lads who follow saints from abroad, some making a real effort at great cost to come over for games, yet do not have any real attachment with the city.

The Russian saints had a superb flag at Norwich at home this season, would be good to see a picture of that again.

The irish saints are also well represented, fair play to the lads as most over there just support Liverpool, Man Utd or one of the Glasgow clubs.

I agree the most interesting expat fans, are not those from the UK, but those who follow the clubs for no geographical reason......I once met a guy at a wedding who was from Norway and he and 3 other Norwiegans travel almost every week to watch Exeter play. I asked the obvious "why Exeter" question and he said he had no real answer, just enjoys it..........takes all sorts.......

http://southampton.ru/russian_saints_on_tour.htm

2 of us arrived from Brisbane last night. Managed to get the tickets through a friend on Facebook. First game I've been to since 2006, but was a regular before I moved down under in 2003. Only the 2nd game my wife has ever been to, but there was no way she was going to let me come back on my own! lol

Oh well, can't really afford it (Can I say I'm saving up for the play-offs;-)? ). We have an away game on Sunday and I'm teaching early in the week. It'll be one time when I won't mind not being in the squad even if I'll still be disappointed. But I'll put my Saints shirt in the back of the coach and confuse a few people.

We've come a long way since I saw Saints stuffed away at Huddersfield earlier this season, and I'd so like to be in such a massive Saints crowd. The local Italians can't believe we get such big crowds in the third division.

There is a big group of 3 of us driving from all the way down from Wiltshire. It'll be my first ever trip to see Southampton play (first ever time out of Wiltshire in all my 53 years!) It'll be my first Saints game so I'm really looking forward to it. If we lose, I probably won't go again. If we win, I might visit Southampton for a game. COYR!