Promotion this season...

Huffton

Thank god Pardew is in charge then, as he seems to understand the meaning of the phrase "winning mentality".

My thoughts entirely. Promotion this season should absolutely be the aim and what we are working towards. But if we don't get there, it should definitely not be considered a failure, rather a complete success and way above all of our expectations at the start of this season.

Promotion via playoffs this season- every time. Getting promoted is incredibly hard... just ask Leeds over the last few years, and they are about to blow it big time again! If we get to playoffs we have momentum. Get to Wembly and we have both momentum and experience of a big match there!

Personally I'd rather go up as champions next year. League one is no where near as bad as I thought it might be. Plenty of proper football fans at this level rather than plastic glory seekers, the football can be pretty good at times and I can afford to actually go to matches. As AP said this club needs a winning mentalty thus I want promotion as champions not as the team that nicked it at the death and squezzed through the play offs. Everyone remembers the winners not who finished sixth in the league. Personally next year I'd like to win the all three domestic cups and finish league one champions thats what the players and AP should be aiming for.

Edited by doddisalegend

Obviously promotion this season. Is there really any question about it? Don't get me wrong watching the JPT run has been fun, and I'm delighted we won. But I'd much rather we were in a League above (also a league closer back to the Prem) and not in the JPT again.

I'd take promotion this season and a mediocre season in the CCC next year over a season of winning L1 at a canter next season. Because the chances are we'd just be delaying our mediocre season in the CCC by a year.

Let's get promoted as soon as possible and start building for the push to the prem.

I would like us to get a title but I would also like to see us in the Championship next year, playing a severely restructured P*mpey (maybe playing their youth side and struggling on -20 points).

If we don't go up this year, we might miss our chance as we go up the following year and they pass us on the way down.