Interesting STATS

hutch

Well I think so.

Saints have played 52 competitive matches so far this season, and the opposition have scored first in only 17 of those matches. And of those 17, Saints have turned round more that half of them, going on to win 6 and draw 3.

And we've only lost 2 after scoring first, the last time being in September against Bristol Rovers at home. The only other time was against Birmingham in the cup.

What a difference from Saints of old.

Well I think so.

Saints have played 52 competitive matches so far this season, and the opposition have scored first in only 17 of those matches. And of those 17, Saints have turned round more that half of them, going on to win 6 and draw 3.

And we've only lost 2 after scoring first, the last time being in September against Bristol Rovers at home. The only other time was against Birmingham in the cup.

What a difference from Saints of old.

Cant argue with that.

We are a different team/club with a different attitude, its just a question do we now have enough about us to secure a promotion.

And can you (please) tell us how many times we have gone behind AWAY from home, then come back to win...?

A few seasons ago I heard (or read) a stat that said it had been something like 5 seasons since Saints had won away, after going a goal behind. In other words, when the home team scored first - they inevitably rolled us over.

That was the OLD Saints - that was.......

And can you (please) tell us how many times we have gone behind AWAY from home, then come back to win...?

A few seasons ago I heard (or read) a stat that said it had been something like 5 seasons since Saints had won away, after going a goal behind. In other words, when the home team scored first - they inevitably rolled us over.

It was more than 5 seasons. I think it was 1994 that we won at 3-1 at Coventry after conceding the first goal and the next time it happened was something like 2006 when we won 3-2 at Burnley.

Funnily enough, yes I can, for this season anyway.

Once, at Hartlepool. We've gone behind to the first goal away from home 9 times this season. We've won 1, drawn 3 (Carlisle, Orient & Brighton) and lost 5 (Huddersfield, Swindon, Leeds, Colchester & Tranmere).

And to help the "feel good" factor, at home we've won 5 after going behind to the first goal (Torquay, MK Dons (league), Walsall, Hartlepool (again) & Orient).

Edited by hutch

Funnily enough, yes I can, for this season anyway.

Once, at Hartlepool. We've gone behind to the first goal away from home 9 times this season. We've won 1, drawn 3 (Carlisle, Orient & Brighton) and lost 5 (Huddersfield, Swindon, Leeds, Colchester & Tranmere).

And to help the "feel good" factor, at home we've won 5 after going behind to the first goal (Torquay, MK Dons (league), Walsall, Hartlepool (again) & Orient).

Draw.

It was more than 5 seasons. I think it was 1994 that we won at 3-1 at Coventry after conceding the first goal and the next time it happened was something like 2006 when we won 3-2 at Burnley.

we were 2-0 down at Preston only to come back to win 2-3 in November 2008

Oh, OK. We'll give it back, then. :)

I have no problem with accepting that we won the tie and progressed to the next round, but the result of the match was a draw, then we won the penalties.

Ignoring the same old argument we've been having about this all season (and FWIW I'm a qualified statistical analyst :rolleyes:), if you're using the Torquay result (2-2) to support stats about us winning after going behind, it just weakens that argument by artificially inflating the numbers and not standing on its own merits (which I happen to think the come-from-behind wins in the 4 other matches achieve reasonably well).