gordon brown

Saint Keith

biggest threat to our economy is another 5 years of that **** running it

Indeed, anyone who beleives that reducing NI takes money out of the economy should not be allowed to vote.

This is the biggest lie since no more boom and bust.

Althought Fraudon has admitted he was partially to blame, but don't worry, he has learnt from it.

The fact is that during the good times Gordon Brown spent everything he could and sold off the Gold reserves at a very low price. He inherited a relatvily strong economy from the Tories and failed to put anything away for the bad times. When the bad times came he had nothing in the bank. He screwed the economy and the thought of another 5 years with him in control is scary.

They have had 13 years where they have screwed this country ranging from the shambles that was the Millenium Dome to wanting to put NI up. Brown has screwed this country and given the chance will continue to do so!

OOO

could not agree more..!

The fact is that during the good times Gordon Brown spent everything he could and sold off the Gold reserves at a very low price. He inherited a relatvily strong economy from the Tories and failed to put anything away for the bad times. When the bad times came he had nothing in the bank. He screwed the economy and the thought of another 5 years with him in control is scary.

They have had 13 years where they have screwed this country ranging from the shambles that was the Millenium Dome to wanting to put NI up. Brown has screwed this country and given the chance will continue to do so!

OOO

sold off the Gold reserves at a very low price.

OOO

Some of the gold still had the assay marks from the Queen Anne period. it has been OUR wealth and heritage for hundreds of years and he sold it for peanuts and it is now in the vaults of the Chinese and Indians

And worth a fortune...

I think it has gone up over 400% since Brown used his clever fiscal mind to sell.

To sell is one thing but to sell the lot in 1 go is a nonsense. That is why he cant understand how you can get at government waste. If he flet the need to sell then, quietly in small amounts, that way the market did not have a glut and so prices fall further4...not that you need telling.

I think it has gone up over 400% since Brown used his clever fiscal mind to sell.

To sell is one thing but to sell the lot in 1 go is a nonsense. That is why he cant understand how you can get at government waste. If he flet the need to sell then, quietly in small amounts, that way the market did not have a glut and so prices fall further4...not that you need telling.

Correct. Prudence Brown announced he was going to be selling a huge chunk of our Bullion reserves well in advance of doing so and unsurprisingly the prospect of a huge glut about to hit the market sent the price tumbling. The bloke is a complete and utter fool.

Ah, but it's probably OK as Fraudon has learned his lesson.

For Nebt Debt of £900,000,000,000 he has to be the most expensive pupil in the nation, but he's probably learned alot.

Correct. Prudence Brown announced he was going to be selling a huge chunk of our Bullion reserves well in advance of doing so and unsurprisingly the prospect of a huge glut about to hit the market sent the price tumbling. The bloke is a complete and utter fool.

At least Boom and bust was a thing of the past .........ohhh

At least Boom and bust was a thing of the past .........ohhh

He got that wrong as well. We had 10 years of boom because of the measures taken by the Major government and because boom and bust was a thing of past (according to Brown) he continued to borrow and rack up more and more debt. It's basic common sense that during the good times you run a budget surplus and put some back for a rainy day, but Brown did the complete opposite and that is why this country is in such a mess now.

With the publics trust in Politics at an all time low, I can't believe they'll elect that proven liar Brown back to office.

His list of mistakes is endless, raiding the pension funds, selling gold at rock bottom prices, and changing the bank regulations amongst them. However his willingness to throw money at unreformed public services was far and away the biggest. He blocked any reforms that were proposed by Blair and wasted millions and millions of our money. We've now got a massive bill to pay, but Doctors do less for more, you can't get an NHS dentist, and crime is up.There was a once in a lifetime chance to really make a difference to our public services. Thanks to the economy he was handed and the massive majority they had, real reform could have given us real change in the standard of our services. Yes they've gone up a bit, but nowhere near the amount they should have with the money spent.Our money, not Browns, our money, money that we will have to pay back long after Gordon Brown is a painful, but thankfully distant, memory.

With the publics trust in Politics at an all time low, I can't believe they'll elect that proven liar Brown back to office.

His list of mistakes is endless, raiding the pension funds, selling gold at rock bottom prices, and changing the bank regulations amongst them. However his willingness to throw money at unreformed public services was far and away the biggest. He blocked any reforms that were proposed by Blair and wasted millions and millions of our money. We've now got a massive bill to pay, but Doctors do less for more, you can't get an NHS dentist, and crime is up.There was a once in a lifetime chance to really make a difference to our public services. Thanks to the economy he was handed and the massive majority they had, real reform could have given us real change in the standard of our services. Yes they've gone up a bit, but nowhere near the amount they should have with the money spent.Our money, not Browns, our money, money that we will have to pay back long after Gordon Brown is a painful, but thankfully distant, memory.

You can get plenty of NHS dentists in Colchester...

Can you provide figures to back up your claims of doctors doing more for less and a rise in crime?

Can you provide figures to back up your claims of doctors doing more for less and a rise in crime?

Plenty of NHS dentists in sleepy Oxfordshire too.

Doctors - GPs that is - get paid more for actually doing less themselves. They use (some of) the extra money to pay Out of Hours providers.

Crime statistics show a fall.

Agree, there are certainly more NHS dentists now than there were.

Mines Polish!

So is mine. I have no objection to small scale immigration to fill key positions. It's the mass migration of unskilled workers that is causing the powderkeg situations in places like Wisbech in Lincolshire - an area where Nick Clegg wants more and more immigrants to come.

So is mine. I have no objection to small scale immigration to fill key positions. It's the mass migration of unskilled workers that is causing the powderkeg situations in places like Wisbech in Lincolshire - an area where Nick Clegg wants more and more immigrants to come.

So you don't think agricultural labourers are key to our food economy?

Jeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you don't think agricultural labourers are key to our food economy?

Jeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, because these jobs always got done in the past. The problem is the benefits culture in Britain. Labour have made sitting on your arse drawing your giro a career choice for many.

We have a large influx on Eastern Europeans about now and they'll stay, working in poly tunnels on the farms, until around September(ish) when they all go again.

This sort of temporary and transient workforce is here to stay, especially as businesses love it because they don't have to pay NI as they are employing them for less than 6 months.

We have a large influx on Eastern Europeans about now and they'll stay, working in poly tunnels on the farms, until around September(ish) when they all go again.

This sort of temporary and transient workforce is here to stay, especially as businesses love it because they don't have to pay NI as they are employing them for less than 6 months.

It's a bit like many of my generation going to France in the summer to work in the vineyards.

Or some people these days going to work in Spanish bars.

It's a bit like many of my generation going to France in the summer to work in the vineyards.

Or some people these days going to work in Spanish bars.

Exactly. I did the French vineyards as a 17yo.

The influx in my local area are all young and all go "home". Many are students and there has never been any real mither.

Crime statistics show a fall.

Crime figures may show a fall but I think the population dont feel as safe. It is a perseption, add to that, that many crimes do not get reported as the Police dont tun up or show lack of interest.

Example in my own business, a person came into my busiess and snatched an item of value , my wife chased him (fortunately she did not catch him) whilst in pursuit she called the Police. they never turned up and we are still waiting. Much pettty crime is not reported and I suggest vandalism etc also.

You do realise that a police officer giving out a speeding ticket is put down as a solved crime, and added to all the figures.

We as a population are bombarded with facs and figures that are distorted to suit whoever. No politician tells it as it is, and my biggest criticism of the Liberal would be his constant mention of honesty to both Cameron and brown.

Crime figures may show a fall but I think the population dont feel as safe. It is a perseption, add to that, that many crimes do not get reported as the Police dont tun up or show lack of interest.

Example in my own business, a person came into my busiess and snatched an item of value , my wife chased him (fortunately she did not catch him) whilst in pursuit she called the Police. they never turned up and we are still waiting. Much pettty crime is not reported and I suggest vandalism etc also.

You do realise that a police officer giving out a speeding ticket is put down as a solved crime, and added to all the figures.

We as a population are bombarded with facs and figures that are distorted to suit whoever. No politician tells it as it is, and my biggest criticism of the Liberal would be his constant mention of honesty to both Cameron and brown.

It's a fair point. Official crime figures are down but the popoulations fear of crime is up. I would hazard a guess that 24hr news and the interweb has had an impact on that.

I feel neither more safe or more vunerable than I did under Blair or the tories.

It's a fair point. Official crime figures are down but the popoulations fear of crime is up. I would hazard a guess that 24hr news and the interweb has had an impact on that.

I feel neither more safe or more vunerable than I did under Blair or the tories.

I feel the same way but the perseption is different.

With wall to wall news parents don't let thier kids on the streets, drive them to school in case a bogey man is around. i went to school by myself and amtes , never driven and that was just after Hindley and brady had been doing thier terrible crimes....although i do remember my mum and dad leaving me on the Moors and tel;ling me to try and find some friends

The perception is different because we're a more informed society these days.

Partly by scare-mongering sensationalist newspaper reporting but also because of tools such as the internet.

For example, we learn far more about paedophilia these days. It probably is no different from how it used to be - we're just more aware nowadays.

Especially when you consider that most child abuse is carried out by family members.