Ricky Gervais Science

OldNick

Went to the Wembley Arena last night and watched Ricky Gervais. Did i enjoy it? Yes

Would I go again ? probably not.

Im as broad minded as the majority, but I found his constant mimicking of oral sex and masturbation is tad boring after the 4th 5th ,20th time. He got a fair reception at the end but hardly a standing ovation.

Even the opening film clip he had before he came on was bizarre, about him swallowing 65m gallons of cum, and having to import it from China and India to keep up to supply him.

Amusing night but not as good as I had hoped.

He's at his funniest when with Merchant and Pilkington. I've now managed to get through every XFM episode and am half way through Season 2 of the Ricky Gervais show. Then the Guide too.....'s after that and should be all done.

Saw Science on the first leg of the tour and enjoyed it a lot. Yes, there's some reworking of material in there but I think the way he delivers it is special. It wasn't as good as Politics or Animals but it was better than Fame. All good though and a good night out.

I've never understood why anyone would pay to watch a comedian on a massive stage. Small gigs in clubs can be edgy, tense and, without wishing to sound pretentious, somewhat artistic. However a man on a stage half a mile away talking does not need to be witnessed live.

Buy the DVD - it will be cheaper and you'll enjoy it more.

Alternatively wait a couple of years and it'll be on Channel 4 for free.

I've never understood why anyone would pay to watch a comedian on a massive stage. Small gigs in clubs can be edgy, tense and, without wishing to sound pretentious, somewhat artistic. However a man on a stage half a mile away talking does not need to be witnessed live.

Totally agree. Id rather see a relative unknown in a small club than anybody you could name in Wembley arena.

Let's see, stand-up comedian, actor, writer, director. Yep, a one trick pony!!

And crap at all of them.... I've been an extra in a film, played Rugby with an England international, and designeed all the windows in an International Airport extension. Does that make me brilliant. No it doesn't. No more than being a crap director, crap actor, crap writer and crap comedian does.

And crap at all of them.... I've been an extra in a film, played Rugby with an England international, and designeed all the windows in an International Airport extension. Does that make me brilliant. No it doesn't. No more than being a crap director, crap actor, crap writer and crap comedian does.

In your opinion.

In my opinion he's funny. Not the funniest and like a lot of 'celebs' nowadays over-hyped but he does make me laugh.

Oh, and by the way, those windows were crap ;)

Ricky is best when he has somebody to play off imo, which is why The Ricky Gervais Show is so funny. Karl Pilkington (although he puts most of it on) is the perfect foil for him, and Stephen Merchant is hilarious too.

Not sure i'd want to see him live though, love The Office, Extras...I even enjoyed Ghost Town, but seeing somebody live is a different thing.

I've got the first three of his live tours on DVD, the only time I saw him live was the fame tour.

Decided not to go see him on this tour as (like others have said on here) I think it's better on DVD. I think he's one of those people where it helps to see his facial expression and that's something I couldn't see so well from the back of a big hall.

Buy decent tickets then! :D

To be honest I prefer more intimate gigs, who doesn't but I was bought the tickets as a present so I'm going to enjoy them.