Saints after Roy O'Donavon

doubleonothing

Incredible journalism.

So who is buying him considering their main headline is about AP about to be given the chop ?

Beggars belief, it really does.

Beggars belief that you didn't read that the Pardew story wasn't the Echo's and they were just reporting what the Daily Mail printed. So no, these two stories in the Echo don't contradict each other.

It is when it came from only 14 games and a poor team behind him to create very few chances.

You're right, I miss read that article thought he'd been at Hartlepool all season. That's not too bad a record.

A thread from 2 days ago on a Hartlepool forum...

http://www.pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32101

He was also linked by a number of media sources back in the summer window of 2009.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/southampton-eyeing-sunderland-striker-odonovan-282161

Seems to go against Pardew saying he wants a Lambert style player in backup, because O'Donovan is a very different type of striker. Unless he wants O'Donovan and a Lambert "type".

Lambert

Barnard

Connolly?

Waigo?

O'Donovan?

"Lambert" type?

A thread from 2 days ago on a Hartlepool forum...

http://www.pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32101

He was also linked by a number of media sources back in the summer window of 2009.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/southampton-eyeing-sunderland-striker-odonovan-282161

Seems to go against Pardew saying he wants a Lambert style player in backup, because O'Donovan is a very different type of striker. Unless he wants O'Donovan and a Lambert "type".

Lambert

Barnard

Connolly?

Waigo?

O'Donovan?

"Lambert" type?

I really doubt that Papa will be kept on actually, hasn't done anywhere near enough on a consistent basis, been good and bad on a saw-edged basis, not really sharp enough in the box to be a striker with us.Connolly is injured on

a quasi-permanent basis, probably still be here next season but I wouldn't count on him making any more than 15 games. Barnard? not sure that he's very much in APs plans as a starter for more than half of the games.

I could well see us signing a O'Donovan type of player to be Lambert's regular partner.

** edit. In fact Papa gave an interview to the Senegalese media at the beginning of April where he seemed to completely rule out staying with Saints. How exact that is I couldn't say because I don't know that media outlet at all. Just talks about being under contract with Fiorentina unil 2012 and being keen to return to higher leagues.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Beggars belief that you didn't read that the Pardew story wasn't the Echo's and they were just reporting what the Daily Mail printed. So no, these two stories in the Echo don't contradict each other.

err yes they do. why would they have printed it if they didnt think there was any truth in it and then go and print something about a player he may be after. Quiet day at the office

I really doubt that Papa will be kept on actually, hasn't done anywhere near enough on a consistent basis, been good and bad on a saw-edged basis, not really sharp enough in the box to be a striker with us.Connolly is injured on

a quasi-permanent basis, probably still be here next season but I wouldn't count on him making any more than 15 games. Barnard? not sure that he's very much in APs plans as a starter for more than half of the games.

I could well see us signing a O'Donovan type of player to be Lambert's regular partner.

I guess it will depend on what fee was agreed for Papa if around the 500k mark think we will sign him as can't see us getting much better for that money.

Great squad player.

If AP is kept on and the ST prices are at a decent level we will have more than enough money to recruit decent and better forwards than O'Donovan.

Constant 21k crowds must have us on an even keel and once we get rid of the dross in the summer the wage bill will be healthier still.

I guess it will depend on what fee was agreed for Papa if around the 500k mark think we will sign him as can't see us getting much better for that money.

Great squad player.

If AP is kept on and the ST prices are at a decent level we will have more than enough money to recruit decent and better forwards than O'Donovan.

Constant 21k crowds must have us on an even keel and once we get rid of the dross in the summer the wage bill will be healthier still.

Papa doesn't even mention the possibility of staying here in this interview.

http://www.xibar.net/PAPE-WAIGO-NDIAYE-J-ai-suffisamment-acquis-d-experience-et-de-force-la-j-ai-la-rage_a22916.html

Papa doesn't even mention the possibility of staying here in this interview.

http://www.xibar.net/PAPE-WAIGO-NDIAYE-J-ai-suffisamment-acquis-d-experience-et-de-force-la-j-ai-la-rage_a22916.html

As we all know 99.9% of footballers are mercenaries if we offered more than he would get elsewhere he would sign.

I must admit I really like him so am a bit biased....after watching some of the rubbish we have had in the squad in the last couple of years.

Papa brings pace and guile - I thought he was great at left midfield against Carlisle and he is a decent finisher at L1 level and without his goals the JPT would of not happened.

Depends on his agents cut I guess.

As we all know 99.9% of footballers are mercenaries if we offered more than he would get elsewhere he would sign.

I must admit I really like him so am a bit biased....after watching some of the rubbish we have had in the squad in the last couple of years.

Papa brings pace and guile - I thought he was great at left midfield against Carlisle and he is a decent finisher at L1 level and without his goals the JPT would of not happened.

We'll have to see, I'd be pretty surprised if he isn't gone from here by this time next week,never to return.

I like Papa as well. But I get the impression that Pardew don't.

We had Brian O'Neill, I'm sure there have been others

Interesting,

chief of the O'Neills of Clanaboy' date=' surrendering his title to Sir Philip Sidney for a knighthood in 1567[/quote']

Bit before my time I'm afraid.

O'Hallaran..........

Waigo piece translated-

The player of Fiorentina lent to Southampton gained weekend last the first title of his career by gaining Johnstone' S Paint Trophy, equivalent of the cut of the league of 3rd and the 4th English divisions. Pape Waïgo Ndiaye reconsiders the moments spent in Wembley and posts his desire for finding the elite. How did you live the final of Johnstone' S Paint Trophy gained for your Southampton club last weekend? One gained the final of Johnstone' S Paint Trophy which is the cut of the league of the teams of third and the fourth English division over the score of four goals to one. I marked one of the goals of this final played in one of the greatest stages of the world, Wembley. It is my first disputed and gained final. I am delighted more especially as I marked. I came here to have a time of more consequent play. In addition to playing, I am one of the best strikers of the club with 11 achievements. And I hope to mark more by the end of the season. I think of having made a success of my integration in this difficult championship. It is a good experiment. You are for a return in Italy or you have possibilities of remaining in England? I am under contract with Fiorentina until 2012 and the leaders said to me that they are content with my services. The return is thus possible. If there are also English clubs, of second where the first division, interested parties, why not remain in England? There are no badly agents which request me, but there is nothing final. All will also depend on the position of Fiorentina, my club employer. If I must turn over to Italy, I will do it with more ambition. I sufficiently acquired experiment and of force and there, I am hungry, I have the rage. I am in a hurry to turn over and to have a time of consequent play to show my potential. A player has need of time of play to show his qualities. Henri Camara, Bouba Diop recognized that the championship where I am is most difficult of England and that gave me more rage and of motivation. I will continue to beat me to be able, at the end of one year, to find the first division. I know the Italian championship well, it now remains to me to find a trainer who trusts me, the confidence without which a player will be able to never express himself. So in Fiorentina, me my chance is given, I can continue on my good impetus and bring much things to the club. You evolved/moved in Italy and today in England. In which of these two championships do you feel best? I feel well in the English championship, because there is less of pressure, contrary in Italy where the supporteurs are more demanding. Over there, you are all the time under pressure. The demand is very keen. Didn't you roast your chances with the national team while evolving/moving in the third English division? It was necessary to continue to play, to exist on the ground to be able to claim in a place in national team. A new staff is in place and people who compose it follow the players in their various championships. The selection, that does not depend any more us. We will be satisfied to prove reliable in our respective championships, it then belongs to the selector to make its choices. While coming here, I do not think of having roasted my chances. I already proved what I can bring to the national team. It is not because I am here that I do not have any more the level of the national team. I am always a player of Fiorentina, a club which disputed the League of the champions. Currently, I am in loan to discover something again In the third division, do you think of being in your place? It is a very raised championship, more difficult even as the first division. In the first division, it is more technical, more tactical. For that it should be added the physique when you evolve/move in lower division. The physical impact is very important. It is necessary to fight during 90 minutes. However, I think of having acquired a good experiment being able to allow me to play in any championship.

O'Donovan would be a good signing, and is pretty large

Edited by saint_stevo

Seems Waigo won't be staying then. We were linked with O'Donovan in January so this story does have some legs. I suppose with Connolly's injury problems we do need competition for Barnard. Think he can play on the wing too so he'd be good for the squad in a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1.

As usual you are correct ;)

!!!!

** edit. In fact Papa gave an interview to the Senegalese media at the beginning of April where he seemed to completely rule out staying with Saints. How exact that is I couldn't say because I don't know that media outlet at all. Just talks about being under contract with Fiorentina unil 2012 and being keen to return to higher leagues.

I bet you haven't got a clue about Papa's goalscoring record here compared to number of games started! And you have forgotten the number of assists. He is an exceptionally talented player who has been wasted here. I can't see AP signing him, and to be honest I can't see him wanting to stay.