New training ground/players v cheapo ST in installments

Thedelldays

Fascinating theory, apart from the fact that not making STs available to the widest number of potential purchasers reduces the amount of money coming into the club by significantly more than any finance deal would have done.

choice we have to make really

something has to pay for everything seeing as the club dont want to be into anyones debt or anything

What new training ground ?

I suggest we take a shirt sponsor and raise the revenue that way rather than increase my season ticket price by 13%.

£500,000 a season from a shirt sponsor and season ticket prices would have been frozen.

Fascinating theory, apart from the fact that not making STs available to the widest number of potential purchasers reduces the amount of money coming into the club by significantly more than any finance deal would have done.

well, we will see in the final ST numbers...

even if it is the same as last year, they would have quite a bit more upfront to play with

not getting promotion comes with a cost I guess...then no shirt sponsor and signing players like fonte

maybe the club are planning on some real big league 1 signings and want to pay for it..

would rather that than be in anyones debt..

What new training ground ?

I suggest we take a shirt sponsor and raise the revenue that way rather than increase my season ticket price by 13%.

£500,000 a season from a shirt sponsor and season ticket prices would have been frozen.

the big expensive refit at staplewood that will start very soon

Not really a choice we have to make when we were told it was being funded by Leibherr.

And we own the stadium now, so we can't use that as an excuse for ticket prices.

They should've kept the prices as they are, and said that if we win promotion, they'll give us £125 back/off our next season ticket. They would've sold loads.

something has to pay for everything seeing as the club dont want to be into anyones debt or anything

you really don't have a clue how buisness works.

having installments is not costing the club money!!!

installments = sales incentive.

sales incentive = more tickets sold even if income spread over 6 months rather than one hit.

no sales incentive = lower sales = reduced net income overall.

summary - you cannot compare offering installments with the need to pay for the squad/facilities, for that you can only look at the prices.

you really don't have a clue how buisness works.

having installments is not costing the club money!!!

installments = sales incentive.

sales incentive = more tickets sold even if income spread over 6 months rather than one hit.

no sales incentive = lower sales = reduced net income overall.

summary - you cannot compare offering installments with the need to pay for the squad/facilities, for that you can only look at the prices.

like I said..even if they matched the number of season tickets as last season then wont they have got more money in upfront..?

I can understand the club don't want to lose out on money by doing installments which is fair enough - but why can't they just charge interest on installments to cover what they'd lose? I don't have a problem with the prices going up, I think we all expected it but the lack of a payment plan is very short sighted IMO.

Ok they wouldn't get as much upfront but surely selling more season tickets would more than make up for that.

The only thing I could think of was that people might buy the ST on tick with the club and then cancel the direct debit or run into arrears and cause problems which the club don't want to deal with.

I can understand the club don't want to lose out on money by doing installments which is fair enough - but why can't they just charge interest on installments to cover what they'd lose? I don't have a problem with the prices going up, I think we all expected it but the lack of a payment plan is very short sighted IMO.

Ok they wouldn't get as much upfront but surely selling more season tickets would more than make up for that.

The only thing I could think of was that people might buy the ST on tick with the club and then cancel the direct debit or run into arrears and cause problems which the club don't want to deal with.

Probably explains their efforts at pricing people out of buying the bloody things, just leave the kind of people who don't need finance going to matches... blue-chip fans to go with the blue-chip sponsor Cortese has no chance of getting in League One as well ? :confused:

I am not entirely serious btw...

like I said..even if they matched the number of season tickets as last season then wont they have got more money in upfront..?

again missing the obvious point.

without the incentive of the price plan they will LOSE business, the overall effect across the financial year will be a reduction in income, not increase.

and if they need the money NOW for signings, then put the tickets on sale in March like they used to, they would be into the 4th installment by now.

and from a fans point of view it is bad for all of us, the atmosphere is bad enough at st marys without thousands of empty seats.

again missing the obvious point.

without the incentive of the price plan they will LOSE business, the overall effect across the financial year will be a reduction in income, not increase.

and if they need the money NOW for signings, then put the tickets on sale in March like they used to, they would be into the 4th installment by now.

and from a fans point of view it is bad for all of us, the atmosphere is bad enough at st marys without thousands of empty seats.

if I was going to get a season ticket on installments, I would use a credit card.

harsh times we live in

the big expensive refit at staplewood that will start very soon

Is that the one that was going to commence in March but still has no start date ?

The club has not paid anyone yet so there is no cost there, anyway if things are that tight, as I previously said take a shirt sponsor and keep the ticket costs down.

True, and with lower costs due to not having to administer the instalment scheme and write off the defaulters' bad debts, the end result is an increase in profits.

At the end of the day, it's team performances and quality of football and players that fill stadia week after week - not season ticket deals.

I wouldnt be so sure.

You have to ask why most football clubs are in debt.

I'm not for it or against it, im intersted to see how it pans out.

They are offering good discounts.

It will help with cash flow.

No cancellations.

have you seen the poll?

1/3rd not renewing which could obviously be inaccurate.

lets see if they publish the number sold in 3 weeks time - will be interesting.

have you seen the poll?

1/3rd not renewing which could obviously be inaccurate.

lets see if they publish the number sold in 3 weeks time - will be interesting.

the poll..please stop it

I have posted on that poll and I have not had a season ticket for 15 years lol

this is saintsweb and not real life

I think there are a few factors that are not being thought about.

With no half season ticket the only chance we all have at a cheaper way to see as many games as possible is to get the season ticket now.

We are also going to be expected to be challenging for the top 2 and with that comes winning more games. The further we go winning games the more likly it will be that people want to turn up and see the games. The more that dont get the season tickets means there will be more people paying more for there seat.

If we are near the end of the season and looking at winning the league I wouldnt be suprised if we are almost filling SMS every chance we get.

Anyone who doesnt renew this year will then not get the renewal price the following year which could then go up even more as we will hopefully be in the CCC. So they will be paying up front with no installments even more than what is required now.

Imagine back to back promotions and the thought that over 2 seasons the money that could have been saved may make a few more that dont want to renew dig deep and stump up the cash.

In the long run I think the club will gain more.

I couldn't agree more and as i posted on another thread working on a Wing ticket scenario any non season ticket holder who goes to 15 games out of the total 23 home games and buys the ticket from the ticket office in advance will pay £330 (£2 more than the cost of a renewel season ticket in the same area).

No brainer really it's just the way the club have announced it late and left little time for people to find the money that stinks but you can be sure if we are in the top 2 then the 15 game break even costs for a supporter will be surpasssed by the 09/10 season ticket holders that did not renew and the club will make more fom them anyway.

The sponsor-less shirt is potentially just for this season anyway. I wouldn't be surprised, or annoyed, to see a sponsor on there for 2011/12.

Shows what weeks of boredom does to people. Every scrap of news gets debated and stripped down until all the fun is taken away. I know it's a bit gloomy out but go for a walk, or at least open a window.

well, we will see in the final ST numbers...

even if it is the same as last year, they would have quite a bit more upfront to play with

not getting promotion comes with a cost I guess...then no shirt sponsor and signing players like fonte

maybe the club are planning on some real big league 1 signings and want to pay for it..

would rather that than be in anyones debt..

I was anticipating about the £350 mark for my son and I.

Although a bit surprised at first ( £433 as first time buyers) but I do see it exactly how you do and I really don't mind in the slightest.

Do we want prime rump steak or burgers?

A no brainer answer I reckon.

I was anticipating about the £350 mark for my son and I.

Although a bit surprised at first ( £433 as first time buyers) but I do see it exactly how you do and I really don't mind in the slightest.

Do we want prime rump steak or burgers?

A no brainer answer I reckon.

agree with that

all season people are were saying we will walk this league next season..dont worry about promotion this season we will simply win the league 2010/2011

that all costs money..also, if we want pardew to build a squad NOW to compete at the higher end of the CCC, that also costs alot of money

agree with that

all season people are were saying we will walk this league next season..dont worry about promotion this season we will simply win the league 2010/2011

that all costs money..also, if we want pardew to build a squad NOW to compete at the higher end of the CCC, that also costs alot of money

If it is to be run as a business then they must have thought the product warrents a certain price tag.

Sling in a few decent level signings over the summer and a serious push for the top 2 then the price tag may start to look like its worth it.

Just because ML has wads of dosh I think it is sensible for the club to try to run it making its own funds rather than constantly drawing on ML.

I think the thing that more people are hacked about is the small time frame that they need to find the cash. Maybe it would have been helpful for the club to leave the installment plan but warn that plan will be gone next year?

If things are that tight get a bloody shirt sponsor then. The life blood of any football club is it's fans, by alienating a proportion of your paying customers your in effect cutting your income.

DD and the like keep saying "get a 0% credit card" that's fine for a lot of people, may not be so easy for a student, unemployed, pensioner, poor credit ratings etc.

The club in my opinion has scored an own goal, make the product exciting and accessible and you'll succeed!

If things are that tight get a bloody shirt sponsor then. The life blood of any football club is it's fans, by alienating a proportion of your paying customers your in effect cutting your income.

DD and the like keep saying "get a 0% credit card" that's fine for a lot of people, may not be so easy for a student, unemployed, pensioner, poor credit ratings etc.

The club in my opinion has scored an own goal, make the product exciting and accessible and you'll succeed!

yet you want the club (a busniess also) to pay for you or take the risk on you..?

If it is to be run as a business then they must have thought the product warrents a certain price tag.

Sling in a few decent level signings over the summer and a serious push for the top 2 then the price tag may start to look like its worth it.

Just because ML has wads of dosh I think it is sensible for the club to try to run it making its own funds rather than constantly drawing on ML.

I think the thing that more people are hacked about is the small time frame that they need to find the cash. Maybe it would have been helpful for the club to leave the installment plan but warn that plan will be gone next year?

The time frame must have been anticipated? I have been squirreling away the cash, as and when I had it, because I thought I'd need about £350 for my son and I. So I'm not far short of what I need. I know times are tight and sometimes things have to give which is why I thought most people would have put a little by each week.

With that in mind, I wonder if the club would consider running a season ticket savings club for 2011 - 12? Then when the ticket prices get announced members can elect to pay their difference or even decline and get their money back. In our case £25 a month and the cake has a big bite mark in it.

yet you want the club (a busniess also) to pay for you or take the risk on you..?

What risk Dell days, i'm paying up front for a ticket?

Ok mate, I sign a 6 month agreement in March as per normal, first payment comes out April followed by 5 more equal payments, last payment being 1st September, if I'd missed a payment the club simply wouldn't send a ticket. If it was the last payment I'd missed then ban me from the stadium meaning I'd paid 90% and only been to 2 games, the club win's either way!

Get the swipe system fitted so there can be no more abuse, its an investment the need to have no stewards manning the turnstiles would pay for the technology within a few seasons, even Southend had the scanners!!

The time frame must have been anticipated? I have been squirreling away the cash, as and when I had it, because I thought I'd need about £350 for my son and I. So I'm not far short of what I need. I know times are tight and sometimes things have to give which is why I thought most people would have put a little by each week.

With that in mind, I wonder if the club would consider running a season ticket savings club for 2011 - 12? Then when the ticket prices get announced members can elect to pay their difference or even decline and get their money back. In our case £25 a month and the cake has a big bite mark in it.

But the club aren't registered for financial services, that's no doubt part of the problem. I don't think you can take people's money in saving's schemes unless you're a registered financial services provider. Neither can you provide credit, so it all has to go through outside agencies and so costs money.

There are 2 main FSP in football Premium Credit and Zebra Finance, they charge a lot of money for ST instalment schemes.

But the club aren't registered for financial services, that's no doubt part of the problem. I don't think you can take people's money in saving's schemes unless you're a registered financial services provider. Neither can you provide credit, so it all has to go through outside agencies and so costs money.

There are 2 main FSP in football Premium Credit and Zebra Finance, they charge a lot of money for ST instalment schemes.

A good point but I was thinking more along the lines of a Credit Union or Friendly Society, although both those are probably well covered by the act also. So it leaves individuals to do it themselves then?