Installment plans cost the club NOTHING

StuRomseySaint

I spoke to Zebra Finance today, I put on my posh voice and done some secret shopping about the season ticket plans they have available for ‘my club’

I was told that each Season Ticket plan is bespoke to the relevant club.

I was also told that the most popular plans have no cost to ‘my club’ whatsoever. They recover their costs in a number of ways which effectively are done in the form of:

• Charging interest – The finance company can charge interest on the monthly repayments, these costs are picked up by the customer and have zero cost to SFC to administer.

• Charging an administration fee – This is another way that can be used instead of / as well as charging interest. Again, costs picked up by the customer as opposed to SFC

• On Interest Free instalments the club can charge a premium price for payment plans, for example charging the new Season Ticket price as opposed to the renewal, they can then pass on the difference to the finance company in the way of commission.

The finance company deal with all aspects of administration of the plan, including credit control/debt collection. They will build a bespoke design based exactly on the clubs needs.

I am waiting to hear back from Premium Credit Ltd, who have worked with SFC in the past but yet to receive a response.

I think if the club do not take up Zebra Finance’s offer of designing a bespoke package with no cost to the club, then the least they owe us an explanation as to why they will not take up the offer when it has not cost attached to them, seeing as that is the official reason we are being given.

The ball is in Mr Cortese’s court now. I for one think we are owed the REAL reason they have removed the installment plan... it's not cost... if it was because of cost then I have found them a company who are willing to set it up at no cost to SFC, so surely they will accept this kind offer?

I think I know what the reasons for the removal of the plan it, but I am happy to be proven wrong.

Edited by StuRomseySaint

I spoke to Zebra Finance today, I put on my posh voice and done some secret shopping about the season ticket plans they have available for ‘my club’

I was also told that the most popular plans have no cost to ‘my club’ whatsoever. They recover their costs in a number of ways which effectively are done in the form of:

• Charging interest – The finance company can charge interest on the monthly repayments, these costs are picked up by the customer and have zero cost to SFC to administer.

• Charging an administration fee – This is another way that can be used instead of / as well as charging interest. Again, costs picked up by the customer as opposed to SFC

• On Interest Free instalments the club can charge a premium price for payment plans, for example charging the new Season Ticket price as opposed to the instalments, they can then pass on the difference to the finance company in the way of commission.

The finance company deal with all aspects of administration of the plan, including credit control/debt collection. They will build a bespoke design based exactly on the clubs needs.

I am waiting to hear back from Premium Credit Ltd, who have worked with SFC in the past but yet to receive a response.

I think if the club do not take up Zebra Finance’s offer of designing a bespoke package with no cost to the club, then they owe us an explanation as to why they will not take up the offer when it has not cost attached to them.

The ball is in Mr Cortese’s court now. I for one think we are owed the REAL reason they have removed the installment plan... it's not cost... if it was because of cost then I have found them a company who are willing to set it up at no cost to SFC, so surely they will accept this kind offer?

I think I know what the reasons for the removal of the plan it, but I am happy to be proven wrong.

and that is?

and that is?

It's a gamble. Cortese would prefer 25,000 PAYG customers rather than 25,000 discounted ST customers.

If we go straight to the top of the league and stay there, we will get 25,000 in the ground, regardless of the Season Ticket Holder to PAYG Customer ratio.

Effectively each person who pays for each individual game is worth almost £10 per person per game in revenue more than a Season Ticket Holder ( allowing for the new stealth charges as well )

All very well if we are at the top, if we have another slow start to the season, expect to see crowds below 10k for a cold,wet game against Hartlepool in November.

You could have saved the cost of that call and looked at the Echo online where similar information is available.

How does your posh voice go ?

What do you think the reasons for removal are ?

Where? I spoke to The Echo only an hour ago and they knew nothing about how the finance plans work and how Zebra Finance offer packages at no cost to the football club.

My posh voice goes...

"Hello, I am SRS, Sales Directorrrrrrr Yarrrrrrrrrrrrdy Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrr "

Edited by StuRomseySaint

Are you happy that you've found something to moan about when all around is so rosy right now for SFC....

He won't answer, he's currently off talking to Thomas Cook to see if he can find a 'no cost to the club' way they can go on a pre-season tour that Stooey and his mates can tag along to......

• On Interest Free instalments the club can charge a premium price for payment plans, for example charging the new Season Ticket price as opposed to the instalments, they can then pass on the difference to the finance company in the way of commission.

I think if the club do not take up Zebra Finance’s offer of designing a bespoke package with no cost to the club, then the least they owe us an explanation as to why they will not take up the offer when it has not cost attached to them, seeing as that is the official reason we are being given.

The reason is simple

Someone at top who made this choice believes we will now sell a simular amount to last year, will get more season ticket holders at the full price & more tickets sold with the +3 for booking fee ..

If it was about admin they wouldnt of taken away the half season ticket.

there is more admin involved in sorting tickets game by game than for season ticket holders so it's all boll****s amazed some believe it

Button what?

The club says that the reason they stopped the payment plan was because of the cost.

I have found them one they can have for FREE

I wonder if the club will change their reason for removing it now?

You are becoming very political, saints is a hobby, a passion for me, I don't care about the politics and neither should you unless you are looking to be the new Illingsworth.

Are you happy that you've found something to moan about when all around is so rosy right now for SFC....

dont know how you equate poor customer service and arrogant approach to treating fans as all rosy.

and almost certain lower crowds, and mates who wont be there

and paying £3 just to book a f*cking ticket to go to an away game.

not very f*cking rosy from where I am sitting.

The reason is simple

Someone at top who made this choice believes we will now sell a simular amount to last year, will get more season ticket holders at the full price & more tickets sold with the +3 for booking fee ..

If it was about admin they wouldnt of taken away the half season ticket.

there is more admin involved in sorting tickets game by game than for season ticket holders so it's all boll****s amazed some believe it

Exactly... it's all about squeezing as much money out of Saints fans as possible. I am absolutely amazed that nobody can see it.

The club don't want season ticket holders, they want 25,000 people paying on a game by game basis = more revenue.

Cortese is trying to build a 'RyanAir' model football club... I wonder how much our new 'in-house' catering will cost next season as well.... and the 'special 125th' shirt....

Are you saying there are companies out there who are willing to 'lend' someone money and make a profit by charging that person a 'fee' or 'interest'?

This could catch on.

They are not lending anyone the money, season ticket premiums are paid in advance... they are a premium, not credit... there is a difference.

Premium Credit and Zebra Finance normally do the installment plans for things such as Car Insurance etc.

They take an 'administration fee' each month either from the club direct or by charging interest on the premium. They administer the plan, not lend any money.

despite previously being called Mongtard by your goodself young Stewart, I can still spot a decent bit of research and valid post (or two) when I see one. I'm embarresed for NC and those that gloss over his actions on here.

You are becoming very political, saints is a hobby, a passion for me, I don't care about the politics and neither should you unless you are looking to be the new Illingsworth.

Saints is a hobby of mine, one that because of the removal of the payment plan ( for no other reason than they want to make more money on PAYG customers ) a number of my friends who I have been going to football with for years, cannot renew this season as most relied on the payment plan and quite rightly, took it for granted that there would be one.

It's easy to sit and snipe if it doesn't affect you Kippy... I might becoming more political, but you are becoming more like and old grumpy git.

The title is misleading since someone has to pay Zebra finance - and if not the club then the fan. Let's face it if the club had announced that there would be an installment plan but it would cost a premium then the same bunch of moaners would be whinging on about that instead.

Can we please get over it?

despite previously being called Mongtard by your goodself young Stewart, I can still spot a decent bit of research and valid post (or two) when I see one. I'm embarresed for NC and those that gloss over his actions on here.

I'm embarrassed by the whinging ahd whining that goes on here, we're gonna win the league next season, it's gonna be fun, it might cost you a few pound more a week, get the f*ck over it.

They take an 'administration fee' each month either from the club direct or by charging interest on the premium. They administer the plan, not lend any money.

Lol and it will cost the club nothing,.Stu finance companies do nothing for 'nothing'

the club will be charged for this service so it is not free.

Quite frankly we have so many fans who need molly coddling that to keep them happy probably costs more than they get through the turnstiles.

The title is misleading since someone has to pay Zebra finance - and if not the club then the fan. Let's face it if the club had announced that there would be an installment plan but it would cost a premium then the same bunch of moaners would be whinging on about that instead.

The title says that the Installment plans cost the club NOTHING, and the installment plans cost the club nothing... so what exactly is misleading?

The installment plans for the last 10 years have carried a premium every year, either in interest or prices not being available on the early bird... with the exception of last year... and I have never heard anyone moan.

Just to repeat myself again, it's easy to sit and say 'get over it' if it doesn't affect you. If it doesn't affect you, don't get involved maybe?

Saints is a hobby of mine, one that because of the removal of the payment plan ( for no other reason than they want to make more money on PAYG customers ) a number of my friends who I have been going to football with for years, cannot renew this season as most relied on the payment plan and quite rightly, took it for granted that there would be one.

It's easy to sit and snipe if it doesn't affect you Kippy... I might becoming more political, but you are becoming more like and old grumpy git.

All due respect Stu but are these the same fans who wanted to boycott ?

apparently (heard this today) the club explored the possibility of instalments, but the club is in effect still ''blacklisted'' in terms of bankruptcy, due to the administration last year.

So finance companies don't want to touch us.

It does kind of add up with Nicola's comments last year, as they were struggling to get sponsorship deals because companies still thought we were ''skint''.

I think you've done a good job SRS!

Problem is I don't think NC will really notice untill the end of June when hardly any have tickets a been sold.

As I have never had a credit card before I was declined for one. I have never had any problems from paying a bill before so was not refused for 'bad credit' reasons.

Lol and it will cost the club nothing,.Stu finance companies do nothing for 'nothing'

the club will be charged for this service so it is not free.

Quite frankly we have so many fans who need molly coddling that to keep them happy probably costs more than they get through the turnstiles.

Nick... I don't know if you read my original post, but as I stated, I am not speculating, I phoned up the very people who adminster installment plans and was told that there needs to be absolutely no costs incurred by the club... and that is the case with most of their clients.

I explained in quite some detail how Zebra go about recovering their costs...

Good work on investigating this Stu, I am impressed by your skillz.

It's a shame some people seem so keen to swallow what is frankly a load of garbage from the club for the sake of some undefined code of loyalty to Saints, when the reality is that we're (mostly) rational consumers trying to get the best deal for ourselves without doing so at the expense of the club.

There's a bit of give and take, but the latest ST policy is clearly exploitative of the goodwill of those who've given the most support recently - unless they happen to have £300+ sitting about.

Not really, as it just says it costs The Club nothing; not "It doesn't cost anyone anything"

How is a payment plan a 'right?' Not trying to be funny by the wording struck me as being a bit odd.

Read it again, I didn't say is was a right, I said 'quite rightly' as in 'correctly' took it for granted there would be a payment plan... there has been one for the last 10 years or so and there was no prior warning there wouldn't be be one this year.... I wonder why....

To address another point about Cortese will have to sit up and listen when season tickets drop... he won't bat an eyelid because that is what he wants I believe and is part of his business model.

Lol at the conspiracy theorists on here.

We are in a great position to have a fantastic few years ahead of us. There is a decent ST renewal rate this year and still people are saying the reason that the installments have been cancelled is because he doesn't want ST holders.

What a ton of Sh*te, if they didn't want ST's they would make them more expensive and take away the reduced rate for renewals.

Like i said, get a decent 0% credit card and hey presto you have the repayment power in your hands

Nick... I don't know if you read my original post, but as I stated, I am not speculating, I phoned up the very people who adminster installment plans and was told that there needs to be absolutely no costs incurred by the club... and that is the case with most of their clients.

I explained in quite some detail how Zebra go about recovering their costs...

Stu but if they charge the club an administration fee there is a cost.

You are happy to pay interest or an administration fee, but the majority wont. Remember when the free perk of buses to the ground were taken away. it become a god given right to free travel all of a sudden.

That is the problem with giving out perks, every time it is taken away it causes much upset.

Paying a finance companies interest is probably more that if the said people use a credit card.

Good work on investigating this Stu, I am impressed by your skillz.

It's a shame some people seem so keen to swallow what is frankly a load of garbage from the club for the sake of some undefined code of loyalty to Saints, when the reality is that we're (mostly) rational consumers trying to get the best deal for ourselves without doing so at the expense of the club.

There's a bit of give and take, but the latest ST policy is clearly exploitative of the goodwill of those who've given the most support recently - unless they happen to have £300+ sitting about.

i do agree the club could have warned fans earlier the installment plan was going , but I think ST holders have until august to buy, so time to make arrangements

Read it again, I didn't say is was a right, I said 'quite rightly' as in 'correctly' took it for granted there would be a payment plan... there has been one for the last 10 years or so and there was no prior warning there wouldn't be be one this year.... I wonder why....

To address another point about Cortese will have to sit up and listen when season tickets drop... he won't bat an eyelid because that is what he wants I believe and is part of his business model.

As a point then, it may be best to never assume.

And as for the business model, perhaps you are right, it does actually make perfect sense.

Stu but if they charge the club an administration fee there is a cost.

You are happy to pay interest or an administration fee, but the majority wont. Remember when the free perk of buses to the ground were taken away. it become a god given right to free travel all of a sudden.

That is the problem with giving out perks, every time it is taken away it causes much upset.

Paying a finance companies interest is probably more that if the said people use a credit card.

They don't charge the club an administration fee... the charge the customer an administration fee.

As I said, there has been interest of a premium attached to all previous payment plans apart from last season, I have never seen anyone moaning.

As for this 'Credit Card' thing that keeps cropping up again and again, why do some people live on cloud cuckoo land? Well done if you have a credit card on 0%... not everyone does or can get one, and the demographic of the people who rely on the installment plan makes it even less likely that they can just pop online to get a credit card to cover the cost.

I have no doubt people will jump on this thread acting all high and mighty and telling people it's their fault if they don't qualify for a credit card and giving it the billy big b*llocks.

As a point then, it may be best to never assume.

And as for the business model, perhaps you are right, it does actually make perfect sense.

Why not? Do you pay your council tax monthly? What would you say if they sent you a letter saying they want the next years premiums in full and you have 30 days to pay.

It makes sense for nothing other than paying back Marcus's loan to the club and shafting the fans for as much money as possible. If you are happy being taken for a mug then fine... I am not though.

It's also a gamble and if we have a slow start , expect attendances to be significantly down.

WEll I'm with Stu on this. As a business your loyal, core, customer base is critical. We, the people who follow the team NOW are that customer base.

And the club have treated us poorly on this. Quite a lot of the fan base think that none of this matters................but quite a bit of the fan base does think it matters, and does feel ripped off.

Lots of people clearly fell less well disposed to the club over this, and that cannot be good.

Despite STs being reasonable value, football is still an expensive hobby, and it would be good practice by the club to make the fan base feel valued, not taken for granted. Little things can make a difference..........

What a ton of Sh*te, if they didn't want ST's they would make them more expensive and take away the reduced rate for renewals.

Like i said, get a decent 0% credit card and hey presto you have the repayment power in your hands

That would be a massive PR disaster as it would be obvious what the motives were.

This, clearly, is sucking in some as being "ok", despite the fact that the reason given by the club is proven as being spurious cobblers (by the Echo and Stu), and flies in the face of the policies adopted by the vast majority of other clubs.

The only effect is to force willing would-be ST renewers to buy tickets match by match at a relatively inflated price and conveniently force them to pay the same booking charges that everyone is complaining about.

I don't see anyone saying "if you don't like the booking charges get an ST" this season - because everyone knows the STs are not that feasible an option.

Oh, and even 0% credit cards need paying off at some point, that's assuming people who don't have £400 spare can get the credit or don't have one already.

This is a pointless discussion now. People have given the alternative, which is the 0% credit card and yet people ignore it because they want to have a moan.

Jesus, I am not bored of the topic, or the aim of getting the club to offer an affordable payment plan for fans who have relied on it.

What I am getting bored of is constantly having to remind people that less than half of the country would qualify for a 0% credit card, and the demographic of the people who rely on the payment plan, an even smaller percentage would qualify for it. And your post about 'applying for loads' suggest you know nothing about getting credit as that's the worst thing you could do.

Before you call me a pikey, I have 2 credit cards thanks, I am not putting up this fight for me though, I just thing in general we need to take a stand for the sake of our club, our pockets and Saints fans who are not fortunate enough to have the cash or credit facility to enable them to get a season ticket.

These people have been bullied out of getting one, you are naive if you think otherwise.

Edited by StuRomseySaint

You said it not me.

God, where did that come from.

Well done, pick one line out when you have just made yourself look like a right pleb trying to give advice on 0% credit cards and then in your very next comment show that you know nothing about obtaining credit.

" You were declined one... how about you try more than one? " :lol:

Anyway, abuse me by PM if you want, I am going to try and refrain from being reeled in by the likes of you on this thread only.

i do agree the club could have warned fans earlier the installment plan was going , but I think ST holders have until august to buy, so time to make arrangements

Renewal cost expires this month, it is literally a matter of finding £328 now, or losing your previous seat(s) and having to pay the "new" price before the first week of August, which is £70 more.

Also, I have £4000 of other expenditure to pay before mid-July, other things to organise besides far-too-complicated unexpected ST arrangements, and will be out of the country for 2 weeks as well.

Of course at any point in the last 6 months I'd have been fine for the cash, but they made us wait and didn't give us any option. That combination of forcing peoples' hands is why there's a belief that the club doesn't want ST holders, they want inflated cost match-by-match attendees.