'eer ya go - Cheer yerselves up FFS

RonManager

Not rocket science I know but with each year fewer and fewer of us who were at Wembley are around. I was 18 and a few weeks away from my A Levels then. My dad, now in his 80's was younger than I am now. I know there are significant numbers of us around, but maybe it is about time the memories of that day were collected, and maybe this site is a good pace to do it.

Magnificent!! I was stood behind the goal in the upper tier, D9. From the moment the ball left Bobby Stokes' foot you could see Stepney had no chance. Fantastic moment, even as a 13 year old something I will never forget. Maybe when we turn out in the Champions League in 5 years it will be as exciting..........

Magnificent!! I was stood behind the goal in the upper tier, D9. From the moment the ball left Bobby Stokes' foot you could see Stepney had no chance. Fantastic moment, even as a 13 year old something I will never forget. Maybe when we turn out in the Champions League in 5 years it will be as exciting..........

I was in line too. I was in the air before the ball hit the back of the net!!

Thanks RM, i needed that.

Didn't see you at Swindon or MK .... have you been our way recently

I was at the back of the stand at Swindon but missed MK. I'll be at Sheff Wed and Yeovil though. Finished the roof at Didcot but should be back next year.

Not rocket science I know but with each year fewer and fewer of us who were at Wembley are around. I was 18 and a few weeks away from my A Levels then. My dad, now in his 80's was younger than I am now. I know there are significant numbers of us around, but maybe it is about time the memories of that day were collected, and maybe this site is a good pace to do it.

I hadn't turned 2, no offence to you old timers (;)) but for that reason the JPT actually means more to me becuase I got to see it in the flesh rather than re-runs on the TV.

Being born in 1981 means I wasn't around to witness that magnificent day. But my dad was in attendance and has told me all about the day and the aftermath. He also showed me his ticket for the match, which had a face value of a whopping £5!

Being born in 1981 means I wasn't around to witness that magnificent day. But my dad was in attendance and has told me all about the day and the aftermath. He also showed me his ticket for the match, which had a face value of a whopping £5!

i started work in 72 on £9 a week , so a fiver was actually a lot of money in those days, although in 76 a pint cost about 20p

Still got my ticket and programme. After we won My Dad made my hide my scarf in my pocket in case there was trouble with any of the unhappy United fans.

What a moment when Bobby Stokes scored - we had some other pretty good chances too!

Best story - was Sammy McIlroy (I think) from Manchester United made the comment at the end 'see you next year' Man U went on to win the cup in 1977!

I am always positive about the Saints. Even though Wednesday night was pretty depressing things will turn around and hopefully we will still get into an excellent position for promotion.

Maybe the new manager syndrome will kick in tomorrow. 3-2 Saints!

Brilliant. Always cheers me up. Coleman really thought we were in for a thrashing for the first fifteen minutes or so, then it slowly dawned on him that we weren't. The more I see of it, the more I realise what a brilliant strike that was. And just to think, my mate and I travelled back on the train to Fareham with Stokesy after one game at the Dell. What a lovely, unassuming little fella he was!