So'ton Gig Thread

SuperMikey

Some amazing gigs coming up in Southampton if you are a fan of punk, hardcore and ska punk.

H2O are playing the Joiners, whilst the Talking Heads have booked Leftover Crack, Swingin' Utters, Voodoo Glow Skulls and U.S. Bombs for what should be four fantastic shows (don't have the dates to hand).

Cashflow allowing, I should be at all of those.

Oh, and have just got a ticket for Motorhead, UK Subs and Anti Nowhere League at the Guildhall in November, lol.

Anyone going to the Ejector Seat Arts Festival in a couple of weeks? It was dead good last year.

Might make it down for the evening, but I'm staying up in London the night before as we're going to see Low at the Barbican. Then on the Saturday we have to go back to Kent to pick up the kids before driving back home to Southampton.

Gutted really as it's an excellent event and it would have been nice to laze around in the park all day.

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic gig coming up at the Soul Cellar next Saturday 9th - Dub Pistols & Pronghorn. Both are very good live (especially Pronghorn, who are masters at getting a crowd going as proven in 4 consecutive drunken Thursdays at Glastonbury!) and well worth the money.

Also on the bill are Heathward, Stone Them Crows, The Flying Alexanders and DJ sets from DJ Dapper Dan and Matt Supersonic.

Only £9 inc. booking fee.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
That was f*cking immense. Possibly the hottest room i've ever been in though - must have been at least 35c in there! Pools of sweat on the floor.

I saw The Subways at Southampton University last night. Fantastic gig, can confirm there were also pools of sweat on the floor last night as well. Jeez, it was hot in there.

That was f*cking immense. Possibly the hottest room i've ever been in though - must have been at least 35c in there! Pools of sweat on the floor.

Sorry, I should have read the rest of the thread, now realise you were actually talking about The Subways, not the Wild Beasts!!! Apologies.

I saw The Subways at Southampton University last night. Fantastic gig, can confirm there were also pools of sweat on the floor last night as well. Jeez, it was hot in there.

I caught a shoulder in my ribcage early on in the mosh pit, being 6'5" means you get hit at all sorts of angles. They didn't play Girls & Boys though, which is a shame as that's my favourite song of theirs.

Not a lot of people will know his work, but Toumani Diabate is playing at the Turner Simms Gallery in the Uni campus on November 10th. Should be a cracker, he's a genius.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but for those who appreciate this kind of thing it will be great. Saw him at Glastonbury a few years back and he was fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...
Not a lot of people will know his work, but Toumani Diabate is playing at the Turner Simms Gallery in the Uni campus on November 10th. Should be a cracker, he's a genius.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but for those who appreciate this kind of thing it will be great. Saw him at Glastonbury a few years back and he was fantastic.

Saw this gig earlier, it was brilliant. Anyone else go?

Would have loved to if I'd been free. I'm a big fan. Hope you had a good time...

Had a very good time, he had an excellent backing band - their sound was brilliant. There were about half a dozen people that ran down to the front and started dancing like reanimated corpses during the 2nd or 3rd song, that was funny to watch. He's playing in Brighton and London this week before his tour finishes, see if you can catch him!

• 1 month later...
Anyone go to The Brook on Friday night to see the Bob Marley tribute act Legend? If you closed your eyes, it was literally like Bob and the Wailers were playing. Absolutely sublime. Got the crowd going as well! Big time skanking.

I was tempted, then I thought nah, too cold.

• 1 month later...

Went to see The Cribs for about 8th time last night at Brightons Concorde 2. Quality gig! One of them weird ones where they played a few new ones that literally nobody has heard which always takes the edge off a gig but all the old stuff was insane and certainly went down well. No encore and their best track missing from the set list which did dissapoint.

Went to see The Cribs for about 8th time last night at Brightons Concorde 2. Quality gig! One of them weird ones where they played a few new ones that literally nobody has heard which always takes the edge off a gig but all the old stuff was insane and certainly went down well. No encore and their best track missing from the set list which did dissapoint.

It's worth the £20 ticket just to see them play Another Number.

Great band, fantastic to see them back on the road again.

It's worth the £20 ticket just to see them play Another Number.

Great band, fantastic to see them back on the road again.

Too right. Been following them since I randomly found them in 05' and just don't get bored of seeing them. The "do do do, dooooo do do" in between every song from the crowd is quality! Certainly is good to see them back playing here.