So'ton Gig Thread

SuperMikey

Anyone else check out Everything, Everything at Talking Heads on Tuesday? I was very, very impressed.

I was going to f*cking go to that, only realised when I was in bed later that it was that night! Their album is really good, I recommend it highly. They'll probably do all of the festivals though so can catch them there.

• 2 weeks later...
Subs at the Joiners on a Friday night will be a cracking gig. Charlie Harper is getting pretty old now - go and see them whilst you have the chance.

That used to be an old gag years ago, something along the lines of the Third World War could wipe out everything but Charlie and the Subs will still be gigging. They are quality live, I've lost count of the times I've seen them over the last 30 odd years....I think the only original members left are Charlie, Paul Slack and Nick Garratt. Correct me if I'm wrong....

Friday night, Gaslight Anthem.

Well, they were as good as i knew they were going to be. They were just outstanding, played loads and loads of their big big tunes and didn't play anything that i didn't like.

Only problem was that because of my recent operation i had to go in a wheelchair, and i can say conclusively that i never realised just how many ignorant people there are that clearly don't give a sh*t how difficult it is to move around in those things.

And even better than this being supported by local Chandlers ford / Eastleigh band The Novatones

The Novatones are the boys. Rated by Liam Gallagher as well. No doubt some of you will see that as a bad thing.

My mate Martin is their manager and is promoting the whole event.

Mix Master Mike (DJ with the Beastie Boys) is playing Orange Rooms on Sunday 14th November. Highly recommend going to see him - he's one of the best DJs around.

tbf, that is not reallly music is it. very talented i am sure but more visual than pleasing to the ear and i am being very generous in saying that.

Art section? I am not really sure tbh then again where else would you put it, we don't have a 'noise' section.

tbf, that is not reallly music is it. very talented i am sure but more visual than pleasing to the ear and i am being very generous in saying that.

Art section? I am not really sure tbh then again where else would you put it, we don't have a 'noise' section.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it's wrong ;)

Really?

Making a noise is art? Furthermore making a noise from other noises is art?

Please be honest with yourself and accept that that 'scratching' is pretty much an accurate description of the genre to which we are discussing Mokey.

Maybe we can then discuss the merits of making scratching noises and agree that scratching noises are generally accepted as not pleasing to the ear.

Really?

Please be honest with yourself and accept that that 'scratching' is pretty much an accurate description of the genre to which we are discussing Mokey.

Maybe we can then discuss the merits of making scratching noises and agree that scratching noises are generally accepted as not pleasing to the ear.

Next you will be telling me that a piece of blu-tac in the middle of a wall is 'art' just because someone considers it thus.

Really?

Next you will be telling me that a piece of blu-tac in the middle of a wall is 'art' just because someone considers it thus.

Scratching may be viewed as unpleasant to some, but I think scratching is an art form. It requires technique and vision as much as, say, painting does. In my opinion of course.

In my view, art is something that requires skill. If you listen to it, or look at it, or read it, or whatever, and you think "wow, that person obviously has skill" then it is art.

I'm not sure that a DJ set is something that is meant to be dwelled upon in the same way that a landmark piece of work in painting or writing is, but for me it is undeniably an art form.

Really?

to
is
to what you

That used to be an old gag years ago, something along the lines of the Third World War could wipe out everything but Charlie and the Subs will still be gigging. They are quality live, I've lost count of the times I've seen them over the last 30 odd years....I think the only original members left are Charlie, Paul Slack and Nick Garratt. Correct me if I'm wrong....

Redbul - do we (half) know each other by any chance? Obviously the fact that I'm asking means I don't really know you but you know what I mean!

Not sure about Paul Slack but Alvin Gibbs still plays bass for them sometimes. Usually when they are playing 'Rebellion' up in Blackpool. Do you ever go to that? If not - then you should - it's a great weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok not Southampton but Bournemouth... This however needs to be checked out by a few on here. Gonna be a f*****g insane night!

NME Awards 2011 News

Crystal Castles, Magnetic Man, Everything Everything, Vaccines for NME Awards Tour 2011... :poundit:

Got my tickets for Bournemouth Opera House date (16th Feb) the other day, going to be one immense night. Will also post this up on the gigs section but as Crystal Castles (great new band) and Everything Everything (saw them at Talking Heads few months back and they were absolutely suuuuuuuuuuuuuperb) have had a few mentions on here I thought i'd share. Magnetic Man i'm sure alot of you are aware of and I can't wait to see them and the Vaccines are another fantastic new band. In short... February 16th cannot come quick enough. :)

Ok, obviously I have been unaware of them. I am so f*****g sorry I didn't hunt down their wiki page and check my f*****g facts. Why not, instead of being an obnoxious pr1ck, point out to me the error of my ways and enlighten me?

Everything Everything are awful as well.

Bluetones at Talking Heads on the 9th Dec

09/12/2010 (Thu) - @ Joiners • THE BLUETONES • MARRIED TO THE SEA • SUPPORTS TBC

Joiners?

Are you going. Shame to say The Bluetones are probably still my fav band over the last 15 years :(