Legitimate protest? Errrr....

Saint_Jonny

I should be outraged but no matter how hard I try I can't help finding them funny. I don't even see them as Muslims, just a bunch of ****s with stupid looking facial hair trying really really hard to make me outraged. If any of them got anywhere near a proper combat situation in Afganistan the would **** their pants in seconds.

**** Mini Babybel

Not that I'm a commie, but I actually do believe some things the Daily Heil prints. For instance on today's front page it clearly states that today is Friday 12th November 2010, with which I wholeheartedly concur.

You watch them get Boxing Day wrong though

errr, where do you kick them out to? chances are they are British subjects.

Well if they are, and they are advocating killing British (their own nationality's) soldiers, charge them with treason, if you advocated it during WW2 that's what would have happened to a British subject.

I think a law change that outlaws advocating acts of treason (to wish death on our own troops), burning of our flag (similar to the USA) and anyone regardless of ethnicity or religious persuasion should be covered by it.

Non-natives: Not-white-english-born-persons. Sorry, bit simplistic I know, how else do you say it? Not sure on Griffin terminology, and yes, if the official stat says there are 10m, I would say much nearer to 20m. Its only one example, but I used to work in a pizza shop as a teen, there were 2x legit immigrants from Iraq (owned by an Indian family, they used to get people off boat in Hayling etc!), and at least 15x illegals living above the shop, working too, completely unregistered of course! In the same instance, if you told me there was 60m in total, I would say 70-75. I have no idea really, just my perception.

So you're basing your assessment of the number of "non-natives" in the UK on your experience of working in a pizza shop? really?

Not want to do what? For example, 'Jim' who worked in the petrol station, 'Wendy' the cleaner, 'Tracy' the train conductor, 'Bob' the builder, the guys that wash cars, porters etc etc and so on.

Im saying that if you had a minimum wage working environment, where you felt comfortable with your collegues and you were happy to get on with it even though its not how you really wanted life to work out, you are content to have some idendtity and can be proud to be working. A couple of years later and youre the last of your bunch of collegues, all have been replaced with cheaper workers from abroad, who dont speak your language, know you, like you, or have any connection to you. Im suggesting that the 'native' employee will feel diminished in their role and disenfranchised with the society that created such an unwanted change in their life. Im suggesting you may feel you have lost the identity you had and the pride been sucked out...

I dont know, how would you feel?

Your just creating a strawman based on your own prejudice. Apart from in a few of our cities just where are these businesses that are solely staffed by non-English speaking immigrants? My local corner shop is staffed only with white people, the builders doing up the house next door are all local lads, the company I work for is majority white English men. I've worked with groups of "natives" and groups that have included "non-natives" - I've found ******s and good people among both. In the ****test workplace (a minimum wage facotry) I've ever been in the workforce was 99% "native". The hardest working, most respectful and friendliest bloke there was a recent immigrant from Iraq. Despite his limited (but improving) English he had much better social skills than the feckless lazy chavs that made up a small minority of the "natives".

Upper classes, leaving like theres no tomorrow! Sure, they will still retain capital and assets in the UK whilst they are safe, but income (and tax) are going straight out of the UK back door! £600k cash will earn you a warm welcome in Oz. Most savvy high earners are off to Switz at present.

Is this another view based on perception or has this actually got any substance?

Im obsenely patriotic thank you very much! Maybe that helps you put into perspective just how I feel about the future, and why I share my concerns with you.

Regarding the 'were all doomed'. If I am correct in my assertations, then I am not doomed, it would appear that you are though!

I used to live in Southsea too, you are in a predominately white, male, racist, beer drinking, wife beating city. Once you get away from it, maybe spend a year in London, oversee the collapse of a couple of suburban communities, you may start to come round to my 'its going to the dogs' mindset.

Predominantly male city? that sounds a bit stupid.

Predominantly beer drinking city? just like every other in the UK

Predominantly white? yep, just like every other in the UK

Predominantly racist? Not sure, not the circles I mix in but it wouldn't surprise me unfortunately. why would you have a problem with that anyway?

Predominantly wife-beating? just another nonsense comment

Thanks for your suggestion but I already frequently experience life in other cities and indeed other countries and other cultures. Perhaps that's why I'm a bit less fearful of "non-natives" than you?

Why are you being so aggressive in questioning so many people posts? To me, it highlights the growing divisions we are witnessing. I believe multiculturalism has simply caused more isolated, paranoid societies which are, by choice, failing to integrate with one another.

btw... they dont like you!

Aggressive? Maybe, while I regard myself as pretty tolerant I'm not that tolerant of ill thought out reactionary comment or casual racism.

"They don't like you" who is they? "Non-natives" in general? or just "muslims"? Either way I'm not sure you can speak for them.

Well if they are, and they are advocating killing British (their own nationality's) soldiers, charge them with treason, if you advocated it during WW2 that's what would have happened to a British subject.

I think a law change that outlaws advocating acts of treason (to wish death on our own troops), burning of our flag (similar to the USA) and anyone regardless of ethnicity or religious persuasion should be covered by it.

That's fine. There should be consequences for people like these who incite hatred and violence. I take issue with the idiotic comments like "kick them out!". Where? they are probably all British.

I am not thick...

Can you truly believe that a bunch of white skinheads chanting anti muslim words and burning a significant symbol of sacrifice would be allowed to carry on?

I don't.

You should be careful how you open a post if you haven't planned what you are going to say next. You don't seem to understand the difference between protesting against a regime or war (a specific act) and protesting against an entire religion, based on the fact that an incredibly tiny minority of members of that religion have undertaken a specific act. By all means protest against fundamentalists or the Taliban or al Qaeda, but not against Muslims.

How is shouting "British troops burn in hell" not inciting racial hatred?

How is it? Last I looked, British people came from all kinds of races and ethnic backgrounds. 'British' is not a race.

Last I looked, British people came from all kinds of races and ethnic backgrounds. 'British' is not a race.

Shut up you commie/lefty - we're talking about the non-native, non-whte funny coloured people here. They're not British are they? How dare you sully the good name of the native, white people - the brave soldiers, those that died for this country by saying that us Brits are from different ethnic backgrounds? Go and read the guardian and hug a tree.

Shut up you commie/lefty - we're talking about the non-native, non-whte funny coloured people here. They're not British are they? How dare you sully the good name of the native, white people - the brave soldiers, those that died for this country by saying that us Brits are from different ethnic backgrounds? Go and read the guardian and hug a tree.

Wow thats a strong statement.

Funny coloured?Whats that?Brown,yellow,black,green,pink?A lot of different coloured people have fought for Britain through out all of our wars in the 17th-21st centuries.We also needed the help of non white people after both world wars,to rebuild our economy.So i would say we owe those non white people a lot.

As for native white people of Britain,do you mean the Angles,picks,saxons,Romans,Germanic tribes,French tribes who settled here?

The only point i agree with is that our troops are indeed brave.

I dont agree with those protesters who were at that poppy parade,in fact i think they are scum,but we live in a free country with free speech which has been fought for by millions of black,white,brown,in fact every colour of the worlds people.

So in future Deppo dont be so racist,as it shames the memory of all of those brave COMMONWEALTH soldiers who have gone before.

Many imigrants have come to this country, i remember people had issues with the Ugandans, the Vietmanese Boat People and so on. But what makes all these groups different from the Muslis is that are all greatfull for living here and don't go round slagging the infidel off. I am now totaly sick and tired of the Muslim Population in this country and if they don't sort themselves out history tell us that one faith will always pick on another in hard times. Could the Muslims in the West become the New Jews if further hard line politics comes into play as is already creeping into Europe.

Many imigrants have come to this country, i remember people had issues with the Ugandans, the Vietmanese Boat People and so on. But what makes all these groups different from the Muslis is that are all greatfull for living here and don't go round slagging the infidel off. I am now totaly sick and tired of the Muslim Population in this country and if they don't sort themselves out history tell us that one faith will always pick on another in hard times. Could the Muslims in the West become the New Jews if further hard line politics comes into play as is already creeping into Europe.

The news only ever reports on the tiny minority of people calling themselfs Muslims,the same who spew hatred and intolerance.The rest of the muslim community,the 99.9% go about their lives just trying to make a living and keeping themselfs to themselfs.

Does everyone think that all of the Irish people are bombers because of the IRA?

Lets get things into perspective.

The news only ever reports on the tiny minority of people calling themselfs Muslims,the same who spew hatred and intolerance.The rest of the muslim community,the 99.9% go about their lives just trying to make a living and keeping themselfs to themselfs.

Does everyone think that all of the Irish people are bombers because of the IRA?

Lets get things into perspective.

Unfortunately so, and there lies the problem, an absolute fear of anyone who isnt English. People get caught up in the sheer histeria and don't take 5 seconds to actually think about it. Some people don't want to think about it though and would prefer to be reactionary.

What a brilliant reply you disgusting xenophobic ****

What is your problem mush? I assume you have threaded your own interpretation into my comments. I find these 30 "protestors" offensive. I assume you think i find all muslims offensive? Perhaps you want to read the posts again, but then again that would be futile as you'd only read what you want to read i guess.

I don't like your keyboard heroism pal. Perhaps you'd like to pm me to justify how i am a xenophobe?

It's a shame this thread has developed into something else. But I suppose it is predictable; there are those that find the actions of these demonstrators offensive, yet when they say so, suddenly become racists who hate and fear all muslims/foreigners/immigrants. Bewildering.

For me it is not about race. It is not even about polictics. It is specifically about the hijacking of our traditional silence to remember those who have given their life for this country. And the deliberately inflammatory "protest" specifically against the troops currently in service throughout the world.

So you're basing your assessment of the number of "non-natives" in the UK on your experience of working in a pizza shop? really?

It's a perfectly reasonable basis for an assessment, it's personal experience, although you're sneering at it because it's anecdotal evidence. Everybody makes up their own minds based on what they have read or heard or seen with their own eyes. They vote accordingly in the General Election based on such things. So the whole election process is deeply flawed, isn't it?

Your just creating a strawman based on your own prejudice. Apart from in a few of our cities just where are these businesses that are solely staffed by non-English speaking immigrants? My local corner shop is staffed only with white people, the builders doing up the house next door are all local lads, the company I work for is majority white English men. I've worked with groups of "natives" and groups that have included "non-natives" - I've found ******s and good people among both. In the ****test workplace (a minimum wage facotry) I've ever been in the workforce was 99% "native". The hardest working, most respectful and friendliest bloke there was a recent immigrant from Iraq. Despite his limited (but improving) English he had much better social skills than the feckless lazy chavs that made up a small minority of the "natives"

The racial mix in the Country varies from town to town, because different ethnic groups congregate in different areas. There are parts of the country where the employment of a indigenous white Brit would be a rarity. It's a wonderful device you employ there; if an opinion based on personal observation or experience doesn't meet with your approval, it's dismissed as prejudice. Typical leftie rhetoric.

Predominantly male city? that sounds a bit stupid.

Predominantly beer drinking city? just like every other in the UK

Predominantly white? yep, just like every other in the UK

Predominantly racist? Not sure, not the circles I mix in but it wouldn't surprise me unfortunately. why would you have a problem with that anyway?

Predominantly wife-beating? just another nonsense comment

Thanks for your suggestion but I already frequently experience life in other cities and indeed other countries and other cultures. Perhaps that's why I'm a bit less fearful of "non-natives" than you?

I also experience life in other cities and indeed other countries. And it is fair to say that in the vast majority of other countries, nobody would dare to take part in a protest such as this, for fear of the retribution that would be meted out on them, including in some cases them losing their lives or being thrown in prison indefinitely. In many countries, the reprisals would come from an angry mob on the spot.

Just because we are more tolerant of the freedom of speech, doesn't mean that it should be abused like this and I see that you agree that the law should be changed to make actions like this illegal and punishable. But in my opinion the laws already exist to have dealt with it, had the authorities had the balls to have used those legal powers.

Aggressive? Maybe, while I regard myself as pretty tolerant I'm not that tolerant of ill thought out reactionary comment or casual racism.

But you seem to be pretty tolerant of the reactionary protests of religious zealots inciting racial hatred against the soldiers who protect us.

"They don't like you" who is they? "Non-natives" in general? or just "muslims"? Either way I'm not sure you can speak for them.

Most of the immigrant community in this country comprises law-abiding and respectable citizens who add positive things. But when extremist elements like these surfce, it is as acceptable that their actions are condemned both by their own ethnic group and also the indigenous population, without others throwing about accusations of racism.

What is your problem mush? I assume you have threaded your own interpretation into my comments. I find these 30 "protestors" offensive. I assume you think i find all muslims offensive? Perhaps you want to read the posts again, but then again that would be futile as you'd only read what you want to read i guess.

I don't like your keyboard heroism pal. Perhaps you'd like to pm me to justify how i am a xenophobe?

If I remember correctly, Thorpie is a teacher. One has to raise one's eyebrows at the apparent loss of calmness and reason from him, as well as the language used. It's not the first time either. I certainly wouldn't want him teaching my children.

James Caan isn't his real name....he just wanted to be a bit more English

I don't understand your point. Yes, he changed his name, but he's still a Muslim and I was naming Muslim people to see if there were any famous ones that mightysaints wasn't sick and tired of.

If I remember correctly, Thorpie is a teacher. One has to raise one's eyebrows at the apparent loss of calmness and reason from him, as well as the language used. It's not the first time either. I certainly wouldn't want him teaching my children.

Nutshell. All teachers should always be calm, even when they're not in the classroom. They should also never swear, even when faced with idiocy.

Your daft point has been rather undermined as you try and disparage Thorpe's name and ability to do his job.

They burned a poppy, the symbol of remembrance for all those that have given their lives in the defence of this country and they shouted out that all British soldiers should burn in hell.

Stewart Lee made a good point in his show 90's Comedian, in reaction to the furore and death threats he received for co-writing and directing Jerry Springer: The Opera:

"Firstly[...] a symbol, be it an icon or a flag or whatever, is only worthy of respect as the values of the people that appropriate it. Secondly, that if a symbol goes out into the world, into places where it's perhaps not understood or wanted or valued, you shouldn't be too upset if it then takes on a shape you don't recognise as your own. And thirdly, that if you attempt to apply limits to freedom of expression, either through legislation or intimidation or threats, what will happen is that reasonable people, often against their own better judgement, willl feel obliged to test those limits..."

If I read your post above correctly, you are a parent. One has to raise one's eyebrows at the apparently manipulative and iniquitous attempt to disparage Thorpe's ability to do his work, based on a post on this forum. It's not the first time I have noticed nefarious behaviour from you either. I certainly don't think you should be bringing up children.

I was walking in town yesterday and the man in front of me dropped his poppy. It just fell off his coat and he didn't notice. I thought I'd pick it up and give it to him but some woman overtook me and ended up treading on it. I was furious with her and started shouting at her about the lack of respect she had shown to the poppy. She tried to defend herself, but the more she said the more angry I became. A few people saw what was going on and they joined in with me. We eventually beat the woman to death as it was no more than she deserved.

If I read your post above correctly, you are a parent. One has to raise one's eyebrows at the apparently manipulative and iniquitous attempt to disparage Thorpe's ability to do his work, based on a post on this forum. It's not the first time I have noticed nefarious behaviour from you either. I certainly don't think you should be bringing up children.

Entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. Nefarious eh? :lol:

Some things are best thought and not said.

Stewart Lee made a good point in his show 90's Comedian, in reaction to the furore and death threats he received for co-writing and directing Jerry Springer: The Opera:

"Firstly[...] a symbol, be it an icon or a flag or whatever, is only worthy of respect as the values of the people that appropriate it. Secondly, that if a symbol goes out into the world, into places where it's perhaps not understood or wanted or valued, you shouldn't be too upset if it then takes on a shape you don't recognise as your own. And thirdly, that if you attempt to apply limits to freedom of expression, either through legislation or intimidation or threats, what will happen is that reasonable people, often against their own better judgement, willl feel obliged to test those limits..."

I dont understand your point?

I made this point on a thread the other day but no one seemed to understand it apart from Mao Cap.

This thread is brilliant. I had no idea we had so many retards here - people like Wes Tender and Dune have always been a bit thick which shines through in every bitter twisted post but it is interesting to see a few more come out of the woodwork. Racist retards of the South unite in this thread!

So it's now racist to find those who burnt the Poppy, and shouted "British soldiers burn in hell, despicable. Much like most Marxists you're all rhetoric.

So it's now racist to find those who burnt the Poppy, and shouted "British soldiers burn in hell, despicable. Much like most Marxists you're all rhetoric.

Why don't you go and take out your anger by beating up a few Muslims in the street? If you can't find any, why not just pick on anyone who looks a bit brown? Hopefully you will be locked up we won't have to read any of your drivel on here Try to pick on a man your own size, rather than sucker punching a woman in a burka.

Why don't you go and take out your anger by beating up a few Muslims in the street? If you can't find any, why not just pick on anyone who looks a bit brown? Hopefully you will be locked up we won't have to read any of your drivel on here Try to pick on a man your own size, rather than sucker punching a woman in a burka.

Oh dear.

You should be careful how you open a post if you haven't planned what you are going to say next. You don't seem to understand the difference between protesting against a regime or war (a specific act) and protesting against an entire religion, based on the fact that an incredibly tiny minority of members of that religion have undertaken a specific act. By all means protest against fundamentalists or the Taliban or al Qaeda, but not against Muslims.

How is it? Last I looked, British people came from all kinds of races and ethnic backgrounds. 'British' is not a race.

There you go again, trying to twist posts to suit your position.

Absolutely. An internet forum is an extremely accurate tool to assess ones teaching abilities....

If we are going by that logic, I believe you're a parent? I wouldn't particularly fancy having to teach the children of today some of the warped views you hold. See Dune for the above too.

Hahaha! WSS doesn't understand the point, so assumes it's trolling.

I understood the point perfectly.

Quite simple really when it is the same point over and over in pretty much every single thread.

Person A says something. Person B - usually one of Deppo, Kadeem, Norway, Wiltshire etc etc - accuses person A of being a racist / sexist / homophobe. Person B then piles on the mock 'E-Outrage' quoting points of view usually made by person C a few days previously, in the hope of 'baiting' person A to respond and defend their original point of view, in the hope that person B can pile on some more mock 'E-Outrage', ad infinitum.

To be honest it all gets a bit boring after a while.

Bring back the humour I say, and get rid of the trolls.