Svensson announced as club captain for season

NickG

Agree guess that it will be someone like Perry or Davies when Killer isnt playing (as i cant see him playing every game this season - maybe one a week).

None the less even when he isnt playing he will be a huge impact for the youngsters in the dressing room and on the training ground!

Hopefully killer if he remains fit, with one of the older heads standing in for him otherwise. Wotton would be a good shout IMO

Wotton? Really ? you clearly havent seen him play. Lets hope he wouldnt lead by example as he looks slow, one dimensional. I absolutely understand why Plymouth let him go. Whoever recommended that signing should be shot. All IMO of course.

Wotton? Really ? you clearly havent seen him play. Lets hope he wouldnt lead by example as he looks slow, one dimensional. I absolutely understand why Plymouth let him go. Whoever recommended that signing should be shot. All IMO of course.

It is nice to see you are giving him a chance though, who cares that he hasn't appeared in one competitive game yet!

As for Svensson, I still find it hard to believe he is back and find it harder to believe that he will remain fit for any prolonged period of time. I would love to see him staying reasonably fit for the whole season, he has to be worth ten extra points alone.

For Saints, no. Have you?

Experienced head, proven leader, just what you need as a captain IMO!

The obvious candidate by a mile.

Hope he has more luck avioding injury than the previous Club Captain.

I am also curious to know if the Club Captain is now contracted to the club...

Would suggest that he should be. As mentioned though you don't need to be contracted to play, simply registered. Maybe he is going to have to play a few times competitively before we take the plunge and give him some well earned appearence money.

The obvious candidate by a mile.

Hope he has more luck avioding injury than the previous Club Captain.

I am also curious to know if the Club Captain is now contracted to the club...

It's odd really, as all we have had is a couple of rumours and a bit of paper talk suggesting he has been given a pay-as-you-play deal.

You'd have thouhgt that if this were true, the OS would be shouting about it due to the amount of interest in him.

I have been told that there was a meeting yesterday between the player, management and medical team. He has allegedly passed his medical and they are now negotiating a contract of some sort. He is already registered by the club, so can play on Saturday.

All the above is second hand, so maybe one of the ITK types can confirm, or deny the details?

Fully deserved if true.

Svensson has performed a mini miracle to get back playing again, one just hopes he can remain injury free throughout the coming campaign. When Killer isn't playing, I'd fully expect Perry, Davies, Wotton or Surman to take on the role, and rightly so.

manager says that Svensson will be rested for mid week games during first half of season

Happy to take that.

Obviously lose a bit of continuity, but for me that is a small loss compared to having his presence in the other games.

Just hope this is a part of gradual build up, as opposed to it being that he will never be the same again.

Happy to take that.

Obviously lose a bit of continuity, but for me that is a small loss compared to having his presence in the other games.

Just hope this is a part of gradual build up, as opposed to it being that he will never be the same again.

On the other hand, the 2 that play centre-half when Svensson is rested will know that one of them will be dropped for the next game, giving them both an extra incentive to impress the manager!

The one piece of news that ALL Saints fans will welcome. Never thought I would see this day. Brilliant.

Still, will find it hard to watch him tackle for at least the first half dozen matches!

His injury seemed to be the defining moment in our downwards slide. Let's hope this is the defining moment in our return.