Worst Saints related £5

AwaySaint1

Is it just me or is the Forum like out football team, in decline the spark feels as if it has gone out of it, IMO of course.

It's not just you, i think there's an air of resignation amongst supporters now. What's the point of bravado, passion and optimism when it's futile?

The club is like a runaway train now. The breaks are burnt out and the momentum is unstoppable. The only question is when, not if, we derail spectacularly.

It's not just you, i think there's an air of resignation amongst supporters now. What's the point of bravado, passion and optimism when it's futile?

The club is like a runaway train now. The breaks are burnt out and the momentum is unstoppable. The only question is when, not if, we derail spectacularly.

It also somewhat tiresome that virtually every thread turns into a pro-Lowe versus anti-Lowe debate and with the the large majority of posters you know exactly what they will have written without the need to read the post itself :rolleyes:

It's a reflection on where we are right now at a very low ebb and a massively fractured support base.

It also somewhat tiresome that virtually every thread turns into a pro-Lowe versus anti-Lowe debate and with the the large majority of posters you know exactly what they will have written without the need to read the post itself :rolleyes:

It's a reflection on where we are right now at a very low ebb and a massively fractured support base.

I listened to an interesting discussion involving Jimmy Case on the radio some time ago and he described the club as a triangle.

One point of the triangle is the fans.

One point of the traingle is the team.

One point of the traingle is the board.

If the triangle is broken the club is not united and a divided club cannot be sucessful.

Either the fans get behind Lowe and the board OR Lowe and the board need to go. It's clear that fans will never be united behind Lowe and Wilde so the triangle will remain broken until they go.

I put 5 quid on Crouch to score first on his England debut, during the summer he was still here. He was injured and didn't even play!

Nearly as bad as me putting money on Crouch to score the winner at Fratton Park in April 2005. But the time I got back from the bookies he was announced as injured. :mad:

I listened to an interesting discussion involving Jimmy Case on the radio some time ago and he described the club as a triangle.

One point of the triangle is the fans.

One point of the traingle is the team.

One point of the traingle is the board.

If the triangle is broken the club is not united and a divided club cannot be sucessful.

Either the fans get behind Lowe and the board OR Lowe and the board need to go. It's clear that fans will never be united behind Lowe and Wilde so the triangle will remain broken until they go.

Not an equilateral triangle then.

If he didn't play he's classed as a non runner and you get your money back.

well i checked my skybet account and there was nowt in there

I wonder how much interest i could have accumulated in 3 years on a fiver?

they probably considered him as a runner cos it had turned out he'd been injured for a week before i even placed the bet!

Ah well

A couple of pints of beer in the concourse. Time for real ale!

Lowe out.

Abbot and Green King in!

Oh how i agree with this statement.

For a long time now i think when they were building SMS,they made a mistake with the plumbing and ran the waste pipes from the toilets straight to the beer taps in the concourse.

At least Lowe can say hes recycling.

Oh how i agree with this statement.

For a long time now i think when they were building SMS,they made a mistake with the plumbing and ran the waste pipes from the toilets straight to the beer taps in the concourse.

At least Lowe can say hes recycling.

Shame to say I cant see it happening. You very rarely see real ale in any function bar (ie one that isnt open regularly) as it mostly doesnt keep well due the lack of chemicals and pasteurisation and keg bitter is worse than lager.

Well I only browse here occasionally and sign in rarely, so that is £5 saved because lack of enthusiasm.

But the comments about the beer/food/catering at SMS are spot on. It is total sh!te and the club are missing a real opportunity.

Spent 7 months in the states some years ago and tried all sorts of sports there (as a specatator): american football, baseball, basketball, ice hockey,whatever. Its not just the seat and the game, but the whole match day experience is great. But at SMS, to be honest, its a pretty bloody ordinary concrete stadium, the beer and food is crap and so 1-dimensional. If the game is great who cares, but if it aint (and it aint) then some improvement here would (a) bring more money into the clubs pocket and (b) make it a generally better experience.

But will it happen? Will it ****!

Shame to say I cant see it happening. You very rarely see real ale in any function bar (ie one that isnt open regularly) as it mostly doesnt keep well due the lack of chemicals and pasteurisation and keg bitter is worse than lager.

Sad but true, you do at the cricket (ie England games) but different market. About the best you'll get at any football ground is Marsdon's Smooth. OK, it's not brilliant but it's better than John Smith's or Carls****.