Say bye bye to Ramos

Baj

Firing Jol was a smart decision....

As was letting Keane and Berbatov go, with Defoe keeping them honest. An established partnership that shouldn't have been broken up. Well, if you're a Spurs fan, it shouldn't have, anyway.

Wonder how Gareth Bale feels this evening..? Sent off, and bottom of the league. What a difference a little time makes. Walcott's career was going nowhere only 12 months ago and, of the pair, he's now the man to be.

As was letting Keane and Berbatov go, with Defoe keeping them honest. An established partnership that shouldn't have been broken up. Well, if you're a Spurs fan, it shouldn't have, anyway.

Wonder how Gareth Bale feels this evening..? Sent off, and bottom of the league. What a difference a little time makes. Walcott's career was going nowhere only 12 months ago and, of the pair, he's now the man to be.

I might be wrong but i think i read somewhere that Bale has not played in a winning league game for Spurs?

Sure losing Keane and Berbatov was bad for them, but they let Malbranque and Chimbonda go and neither of those two wanted to leave. Those two would have made a massive difference today, they didn't even try to replace Malbranque so they just have a ridiculously un blanced midfield and no one who can play left wing well.

They need a midfielder who can actually tackle, you're never going to win with a midfield of Bentley, Jenas, Modric and Lennon - no balance at just four fancy dan creative players.

To be fair they had Zokora, he can tackle.

Anyway, I totally agree with your comments on Chimbonda and Malbranque. You have to wonder what they did to upset Ramos so much that he wanted to get rid of two perfectly capable players (apart from them being Jol's players). The Spurs squad is just totally unbalanced and you have to wonder why they waited so long with finding replacements for Keane & Berbatov. They knew early enough that they were leaving but it took them until the last day of the transferwindow to find two "replacements".

To be fair they had Zokora, he can tackle.

Anyway, I totally agree with your comments on Chimbonda and Malbranque. You have to wonder what they did to upset Ramos so much that he wanted to get rid of two perfectly capable players (apart from them being Jol's players). The Spurs squad is just totally unbalanced and you have to wonder why they waited so long with finding replacements for Keane & Berbatov. They knew early enough that they were leaving but it took them until the last day of the transferwindow to find two "replacements".

Indeed there is a total lack of balance even with Zokora playing. I don't rate him at all either really.

They shouldn't have wasted 15m on Bentley, should have kept Malbranque and they should have signed Arshavin with the Berbatov money and any left over money spent on a DM, someone like Kompany at City would be ideal.

Zokora isn't exactely my cup of tea but he can tackle :p

Anyway. Agree with you comment about Bentley, although I do reate him the difference between him and Malbranque is not that big (and on current form Malbranque is a lot better). Don't know if Arshavin would have been the solution, too similar to Bent in my opinion but he would definately have been a better option the Pavlyuckenko (who is not the best professional, just read Hiddinks comments about him prior to the Euro's). Anyway, good luck to whoever is going to replace Ramos is finding another striker and a proper DM.

Capello's been in the job for a few months and has learnt pretty good English.

Ramos has been there much longer and can't string a sentence together.

Methinks he can't be arsed.

Methinks it's rather funny. Would absolutely crack-up if Spurs or Newcastle or both went down. Looking at what Hull and Stoke are achieving it's not out of the question that one of them will!

After Bolton next, Tottenham play Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City. If they don't have a win by the end of that and there's fair reason to think they'll struggle they have to be considered real relegation candidates.

Not sure, thye have plenty of talent, they just need one or two players to give them some balance. They can buy their way out of trouble no problem in January.

Not sure, thye have plenty of talent, they just need one or two players to give them some balance. They can buy their way out of trouble no problem in January.

Last season they entirely rellied on the front two to compensate for their weak defence, the defence hasn't improved and they have a weak strike force. All depends how bad a position they are in at the end of December.

Southampton football club are the only side to survive the drop whilst just having 2 points or less at this stage of the season,according to SSN.1998/99 season.

Hope it stays that way.

Guess which is the only team not to get relegated from the top divsion after making as bad a start as Tottenham at this stage...........

Dont have a clue, who?

Ramos is a Spaniard, he needs a squad of 16 Spaniards,4 Dutch,2 Poles,3 Argentines and 8 Brazilians.

He doesn't need English,Scots or Welsh.

Continental coaches can't do anything with our lads, they're too headstrong, chavvish and disrespectful.:rolleyes:

Is that Real Madrid? Apart from the two Poles I think it sort of matches.

Comolli is fired and not Ramos, didn't see that coming although with the failed transferpolicy I think this is a justified decision.

In fact, that's what Spurs board said would happen if the results didn't improve. Probably less expensive to fire than Ramos. I believe Comolli is held responsible for the sale of Berbatov nd Keane against the wishes of Ramos and the purchase of some Russian wonder kid of whom I forget the name. They wanted Arsavin (is that right?) but couldn't get him so Comolli was determined to get a Russian for mega bucks. Why? I 'll leave you all to speculate.

They wanted Arshavin but Levy didn't want to spend the money, nothing to with Comolli there. He didn't have much of a say with Keane or Berba either, both went for massive money - Comollis problem was not replacing them properly.

Replacing Berba and Keane with Pavulychenko (knackered after a full russian season and no break) and Campbell (on loan at Hull last season) was never going to work.

His biggest mistake IMO was not replacing Chimbonda (no replacement full back at all) and Malbranque (no left winger).