Championship Summer 2011 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

Marytn Waghorn is another one that's popping up on the grapevine in the last few days.

A striker, can also play as part of a 3 in the wide positions.

Leicester paid £3m for him a few years ago...but I can't see them letting him go unless they get their big name striker.

Marytn Waghorn is another one that's popping up on the grapevine in the last few days.

Leicester paid £3m for him a few years ago...but I can't see them letting him go unless they get their big name striker.

They have bid again for Shane Long,£7m plus add ons.

West ham are in for John Carew and Andy Johnson also.

I saw that as well and Waghorn does look a fairly decent player. Only problem is we've got a number of fairly decent strikers already - if we do bring another forward in then they really should be clearly better than what we've got because we're certainly not in the market for just cover. To be fair I haven't seen enough to make too much of a judgement on Waghorn - he may be a blinding signing. Oh and I saw the rumour on Football Rumours so it's probably rubbish anyway.

I saw that as well and Waghorn does look a fairly decent player. Only problem is we've got a number of fairly decent strikers already - if we do bring another forward in then they really should be clearly better than what we've got because we're certainly not in the market for just cover. To be fair I haven't seen enough to make too much of a judgement on Waghorn - he may be a blinding signing. Oh and I saw the rumour on Football Rumours so it's probably rubbish anyway.

Didn't see it on there, came up on another forum from a Leicester fan.

They signed him on loan initially I think when they first got back to this level, and he got plenty of goals and prompted them to stump up £3m to sign him on a perm. deal in the summer. Since Sven came in and they started throwing silly money around he hasn't got a look in, total waste of talent IMO.

I notice Papa Waigo is leaving Fiorentina, possibly for Vicenza

Fiorentina want £500k for him, but Vicenza only want to pay £250k

He was incredibly frustrating, but I was still disappointed he never returned

Not sure I'd pay £500k for him though

John Carew could do a job in the Championship - and says he's heading to a Championship club too. Didn't set the world alight in the Prem but handy, no question.

It's likely to be West Ham, according to a Twitter source.

Thought he did a more than decent job in the Prem - fell out with O'Neill and started few games than he should have. Most villa fans really rate him. Would be ideal for us.

• 2 weeks later...
Michail Antonio gone on a month's loan to Colchester. Good when we had him but having to go back to Reading really stalled his progress IMO.

Reading really cocked that one up. We really wanted him back, but they slapped the most ridiculous price on his head (£1m+).

and then decided not to play him. Excellent.

Reading really cocked that one up. We really wanted him back, but they slapped the most ridiculous price on his head (£1m+).

and then decided not to play him. Excellent.

Was a classic mistake on their part; mistook Cortese for a mug, definitely, to take up the option to extend the contract and then watch in horror as the target you intended to fleece backed away. Funny & disappointing (for us & Antonio) in equal measure.

Speculation: Sky Sports sources understand Leicester City have made a formal bid for Everton striker Jermaine Beckford.

Just about to post this. SSN say its around 2.5m. Certainly better value for money than Jay Rod but out of him or Maynard, I'd take Maynard.

Rumour that Leicester set to offer 3m to West Brom for Simon Cox. Now that would be a really good signing IMO. Saw him in the friendly this year and they were 2 clinical finishes from him.

The 2nd goal was. The 1st was a tap in from about 2 yards with Barts stranded!

He looks like a decent player though who is down the pecking order at West Brom now that they have signed Shane Long.