Championship Summer 2011 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

Can we make this sticky please mods?

I'll get the ball rolling with:

James Beattie - Gets a mention EVERY window since he left. Give him a year on sensible wages. Maybe he will flop, but so might anyone.

David Nugent - On a free from Pompey. Offer him a sensible CCC wage (10kpw tops). Doubt many clubs would better that and he wouldn't have to move house.

Taijo Teniste - Plays for Levadia Tallinn. Doubt any of you have heard of him, but I saw him play in March and he looked useful. 23 left winger, Holmes replacement.

Posted on the football-rumours.co.uk site. . . . Comical, and that's just the lack of punctuation!

02 May 2011 12:00:04

IN- southampton favrioute andrew surmam will jon saints for around 2.5 mil if norwich get promoted if not 1 mil and james beattie also comeing back and alex chamberlaine not going any where southampton player 4ever and i have no idea if this is true but apperentley david beckham is joining for 6 mil

OUT- there have been rumors about connoly but wiv the way hes playing at the moment we will renew his contract puncheon is going and saints fans not tht botherd

James Beattie - Gets a mention EVERY window since he left. Give him a year on sensible wages. Maybe he will flop, but so might anyone.

David Nugent - On a free from Pompey. Offer him a sensible CCC wage (10kpw tops). Doubt many clubs would better that and he wouldn't have to move house.

Taijo Teniste - Plays for Levadia Tallinn. Doubt any of you have heard of him, but I saw him play in March and he looked useful. 23 left winger, Holmes replacement.

Bet he would!

Obvious one is CMS, would love to see Jimmy Bullard (was on Soccer AM saying how he would maybe take a paycut to go to Ipswich - not sure if we could afford his wages but reckon he could offer what we need in midfield), we desparately need 1 Championship quality centre back, a quick right winger if OC goes (don't believe it is as cut and dried as many reckon on here). Need some added creativity to take the burden off Adam, Neil Danns, Howard, Pilkington. Would love to see 2 high profile signings to show we mean business, really interesting Summer ahead. Hopefully get somebody with pace as well!

Couple of things will be shown this summer I reckon.

1) Can Adkins attract the top quality players? Not a dig at him at all, done a fantastic job, would love him to stay for years but the only thing he hasn't really proved yet is his business in the transfer market.

2) Is the money to pay for them there?

Absolutely buzzing at the moment. Exciting few years ahead I think!

Posted on the football-rumours.co.uk site. . . . Comical, and that's just the lack of punctuation!

02 May 2011 12:00:04

IN- southampton favrioute andrew surmam will jon saints for around 2.5 mil if norwich get promoted if not 1 mil and james beattie also comeing back and alex chamberlaine not going any where southampton player 4ever and i have no idea if this is true but apperentley david beckham is joining for 6 mil

OUT- there have been rumors about connoly but wiv the way hes playing at the moment we will renew his contract puncheon is going and saints fans not tht botherd

These are always good for a laugh, here are more...

Southampton to sign Preston pair Andy Lonergan and Sean St Ledger for a combined fee of £4million.

Ryo Miyaichi on loan to Southampton next as part of the deal taking Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to Arsenal for £8million plus Oxlade-Chamberlain spending another season on loan to the Saints.

Liam Rosenior to Southampton for £1million from Hull City if they get promoted to the Championship.

Ins:

Michael Owen - Man Utd - Free - If Saints get promoted

Alan Smith - Newcastle Utd - £2 million

Max Gradel - Leeds - £1 million

Andrew Davies - Stoke - £500,000

Wayne Bridge - Man City - season long loan

James Beattie - Rangers - Free

Outs:

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - £12 million - Arsenal

Dan Harding - £500,000 - Newcastle Utd

Jason Puncheon - £700,000 - Newcastle Utd/Blackpool

I don't actually think we need that many players. I would replace Jaidi, and replace N'Guessan and Forte with two quality attacking players. The rest - as you are unless chamberlain goes.

Definitely need a CM a striker, a CB and a RM. Possibly a RB and get rid of Richardson.

Neil Mellor Sheff weds? Rob Jones Scunny, Craig Makail, Scott Danns, Owen (unlikely but could be a shout if fit),

No thanks - Mellor is not good enough for us now. Don't really rate Rob Jones either, don't think we should be going for L1 players anymore tbh. Let's buy the best of the championship!

I think it all depends on AOC. If he goes then I expect a number of new signings as we will have significant funds to blow. I would like Mackail-Smith as an option up front and probably another cb to team up with Fonte. Genuinely don't think we need that much really to be up and around the playoffs. I don't recall Norwich revamping their whole squad after promotion last year. After the run of results we have had I think we need to be more focussed on keeping this team together.

We need talented young players to build a team for the Prem not a load of old timers serving out their time. 2/10 for effort 'though

James Beattie - Gets a mention EVERY window since he left. Give him a year on sensible wages. Maybe he will flop, but so might anyone. D

Does it bother you a little bit ...that Beattie was 33 in February...?

I'm not against older players per se..I think Connolly has real class, but JB has done nothing of note with any club since he left SMS. Old Lang Syne and all that, but I really not sure about that one.

David Nugent - On a free from Pompey. Offer him a sensible CCC wage (10kpw tops). Doubt many clubs would better that and he wouldn't have to move house. Nearly every report I've read about him seems to suggest he is an embarrasment at FP

and they couldn't get rid of him because of his huge salary and lack of goals !

I'd like to see Holmes play for a season before we consider getting rid of hm.

Edited by david in sweden

Some real possibilities here, out of contract in the summer:

Kieren W******d

Wade Elliott

Chris McCann

Aron Gunnarsson

Neil Danns

Bradley Johnson

Robert Earnshaw

Darren Pratley

Angel Rangel

Edited by S-Clarke

I'd like to see Holmes play for a season before we consider getting rid of hm.

Holmes has been crocked for 3 years, what makes you think he'd change now.

Nugent has 13 goals this season, which is probably the same as Lambert from open play. Plus he has done it playing for a worse team at a higher level, making his job all the more difficult.

Beattie may not have done much since leaving, but that doesn't mean he can't come back and DAJFU. Just look at Skacel.

Beattie may not have done much since leaving, but that doesn't mean he can't come back and DAJFU. Just look at Skacel.

He's 33, big wage, big ego, never really had any pace and hasn't scored a goal for ages. Not really a lot going for him imho. Love what he did for Saints earlier in his career, but i don't think players should ever really "go back" unless they have so much kudos they can carry it off (e.g. Dalglish).

4 players of real quality and pace will compliment some very talented players we have.

Maynard

CMS

or sinclair would give us some much needed pace and quality up top

Danns

Cork

Savage

Greening would all do a job in the middle

Right back and centre back any suggestions?

Could certainly see us renewing our interest in CMS. He's leaving P'boro no matter what.

I'd like us to sign Danns, just so I can shut up about it.

Scott Sinclair or Pratley would be absolutely outstanding signings.

Has Andrew Davies remained fit?

Has Andrew Davies remained fit?

9 appearances in each of the last 2 seasons and 8 the year before that. No in other words. We should stay clear of players who just aren't fit. That includes Davies, Connolly and Holmes.

No doubt we'll get some ludicrous suggestions on here

If we lose Chamberlain to Arsenal then getting a season long loan in return is a possibilty, though Ryo Miyaichi is out of the question. He's currently on loan at Feyenoord, so sending him to the NPC is a step backwards, Wenger wouldn't have that. Who knows, we might even get Chamberlain himself back

CMS almost joined Norwich a few weeks back, so if they go up and remain interested, we've no chance

BT is a good shout, but from what I've seen this season he looks totally past it

I understand Middlesbrough are looking to offload some high earners, so I wouldn't be surprised if Scott McDonald could be a target