Championship Summer 2011 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

Ambitious one - Servet Cetin

Turkish CB who is a big brute of a defender and strong as an ox. Has fallen in the pecking order at Galatasaray I believe, Jaidi replacement?

He is 30 years old but his nickname "Ayıboğan" literally means "a man who could choke a bear"

Why is the first thought on promotion about new players (most of the ones suggested are actually old players) the first thought on promotion should be to affirm the players who've done it, they've earned the chance and I believe this is now the sort of club which will not foul up the spirit they've created.

Some realistic, quality targets:

GK - Alex Smithies, Scott Loach, Joe Lewis, David Button

DF - Sean St. Ledger, Ryan Bertrand, Anton Ferdinand, Neal Eardley

MF - David Vaughan, Nick Montgomery, Jack Cork, Wade Elliott

ST - Leigh Griffiths (loan), Craig Mackail-Smith, Sam Vokes, Nicky Maynard

OUT - Forecast, Pulis, Holmes, Puncheon

NEW DEALS - Harding, Butterfield, Martin, Gobern

I don't actually think we need that many players. I would replace Jaidi, and replace N'Guessan and Forte with two quality attacking players. The rest - as you are unless chamberlain goes.

This. I honestly believe this squad has the quality to do well in the Championship.

For the first time ever, I wouldn't like to see significant changes in the summer. Just one or two 'quality' additions will suffice. Give these guys a chance - at least until the January window - they deserve it and I would be happy with a comfortable mid-table finish.

Robbie Keane - Prem career going nowhere, might fancy dropping down to a Championship team with a chance of promotion (if wages were right!)

Great shout. I've heard he's always had a soft spot for Saints as well...

Realistic targets Mackail Smith, Neil Danns & Jack Cork would be nice, would love us to try & get Anthony Pilkington. Also I think we could do with a decent central defender to go with Fonte, I'd like to keep Jaidi as he's been immense this year, but I just don't see him being able to play week in week out at NPC level, but would be an influence around the squad & an able replacement.

OK here goes again....;)

Crab Lungs Cravings... (scouted and shortlisted over seasons of watching football!). Notice a lack of Brighton players... and that wasn't deliberate.

emboldened = want! normal = satisfied and would possibly, maybe be interested in joining? italic = unlikely signing anyway (either overly-optimistic, wages too high or probably deemed not good enough for NPC)

Goalkeepers

Richard Lee, Brentford

Boaz Myhill, WBA

Tom Heaton, Cardiff

Keiren W******d, Coventry

Daryl Flahavan, Portsmouth

Andy Lonergan, Preston

Richard Wright, Sheff Utd

Alex Smithies, Huddersfield

Defenders

Frank Simek, Carlisle

Gabriel Zakuani, Peterborough

Matt Kilgallon, Sunderland

Jack Hobbs, Leicester

Sean St.Ledger, Preston

Matt Connolly, QPR

Cliff Byrne, S****horpe

Graeme Lee, Notts County

Marcel Seip, Plymouth

Craig Dawson, WBA

Scott Cuthbert, Swindon

Midfielders

John Bostock, Tottenham

Michael Tonge, Stoke

Tom Soares, Stoke

James Dunne, Exeter

Lee Johnson, Bristol City

Brian Stock, Doncaster

Brian Howard, Reading

Andrew Surman, Norwich

John Eustace, Watford

Marvin Elliott, Bristol City

Owen Garvan, Crystal Palace

Radowslaw Majewski, Nottm Forest

Adam Barton, Preston

Akos Buzsaky, QPR

Johnnie Jackson, Charlton

Jack Cork, Burnley

John-Joe O'Toole, Colchester

Charlie Lee, Peterborough

Peter Leven, MK Dons

Jonathan Douglas, Swindon

David Prutton, Swindon

Emanuel Ledesma, Walsall

Jonathan Greening, Fulham

Wingers

Chris Brunt, WBA

Graeme Dorrans, WBA

Danny Rose, Tottenham

Gary Roberts, Huddersfield

Darren Ambrose, Crystal Palace

Ross Wallace, Burnley

Chris Eagles, Burnley

Daniel de Ridder, Wigan

George Boyd, Peterborough

Ivan Sproule, Bristol City

David Martin, Derby County

Lee Martin, Ipswich

Hameur Bouazza, Arles

Lewis McGugan, Nottm Forest

Keith Treacy, Preston

Michail Antonio, Reading

Mark Yeates, Sheff Utd

Michael Kightly, Wolves

Jeff Hughes, Bristol Rovers

Matt Robson, Carlisle

Jimmy Smith, Leyton Orient

Daniel Powell, MK Dons

Michael McIndoe, Coventry

Simon Whaley, free

Chris Taylor, Oldham

Dale Jennings, Tranmere

Marc Pugh, Bournemouth

David Vaughan, Blackpool

Strikers

Jon Parkin, Cardiff

Ishmael Miller, WBA

Marlon Harewood, Blackpool

Nicky Maynard, Bristol City

David Somma, Leeds

Steve Howard, Leicester

Chris Brown, Preston

Darius Henderson, Sheff Utd

Alan Lee, Huddersfield

Ben Burgess, Notts County

Sam Baldock, MK Dons

Rory Fallon, Plymouth

Adam Le Fondre, Rotherham

Matt Derbyshire, Birmingham

Jason Roberts, Blackburn

James Beattie, Rangers

Simon Cox, WBA

Loans

Alberto Bueno

Henri Lansbury

Dean Parrett

Steve Caulker

Emmanuel Frimpong

Jordon Mutch

Keith Andrews

Daniel Pachecho

Raheem Stirling

GK is fine.

IMO we don't need a CB. Jaidi has been excellent recently and Martin has real potential. Seaborne will continue to be useful in home games where we have a lot of the ball.

Left back is fine.

RB - Butterfield is a really consistent, good performer. I am not convinced at all by Richardson. If a good RB is available I would sign them and let Richardson go.

RW - fine, unless Chambo goes in which case we will need someone unless there is another nipper ready to step in.

LW - fine.

CM - the one area where we could make a significant step-up in quality. Stephens has done well recently but I can't see him giving us anything extra in the CCC. Chaplow, Hammond and Schneiderlin have a good mix of attributes but we could do with a mobile, driving, CM who is also cute on the ball.

Up front - Keep Connoly (and the others!) and look to add someone of top Championship/lower Prem calibre (probably not Beattie any more TBF).

One thing that we have done every season since NC arrived is sign a player from Italy who we have no right to sign as a third tier team. I am expecting a player of serious quality to arrive out of the blue now we are in the Championship. I'm also expecting Guly to become a bit of a legend next year.

The trouble with any of the names mentioned who are already established premiership players is that their wage demands will be ridiculous and if we give in to them we either have to upgrade everyone else's salaries or risk an unsettled squad. The only exception would be if we could attract an exceptionally high calibre player who might be close to the end of their career (a Scholes or Giggs would be nice, but I know I'm dreaming).

I'll be please if we sign 2 or 3 new players and personally, the only player I would love to see here would be CMS, but I think either Barnard or Connolly would have to go if that was the case. I do feel we need someone classy with a bit of steel in midfield to compliment the likes of Lallana and AOC though.

It's going to be an interesting Summer! (or winter for us Australian Saints...)

There's a couple of talented Danish players becoming available this summer, and could be worth a go:

Søren Rieks, 24 year old midfielder. Playing at Esbjerg fB, currently in danger of being relegated from Danish First Division. Rieks are on the fringes of the Danish National XI, has a very good character and could become a class act at Saints.

Andreas Bjelland, 22 year old defender. Playing at FC Nordsjaelland, Bjelland is also on the verge of breaking into the National XI. Talented defender, and would be near perfect playing alongside Fonte.

Mikkel Beckmann, 27 year old winger. Playing at Randers, Beckmann was part of the Denmark squad in South Africa, so would be interested in a move, as Randers are also in danger of being relegated.

From Norway, it could not harm to have a look at the following players:

Thomas Drage, 19 year old winger. Playing at Tromsø IL, Drage is a speedy and technically gifted left winger.

Mads Stokkelien, 20 year old striker. Playing at Start Kristiansand. Not having a good season so far, but has loads of potential.

Henning Hauger, 25 year old defensive midfielder. Playing at Stabæk Oslo, Hauger is a starting XI for Norway and is a solid defensive midfielder.

If money is still available we should use the same principle as got us out of this league. Sign the best players in the league we are playing which now is the championship.

All new players must be significantly better than the ones we already have as we already have a good and even squad and we don´t need any more depth.

Add a CCC top central defender, striker and depending on AOC leaving a winger. All of them should be in the right football age.

Mackail Smith.

New CB and RB. Couple of midfielders to strengthen.

Couple of young loan midfielders from the Prem.

I think it's a given that we'll get a couple of loans from the prem. We did last time we were in the CCC.

Get rid of Pulis - job done.

Jack Cork, Jamie O'Hara would both be great signings. Not sure why everyone is jumping on the Sean St Ledger bandwagon? I really don't rate the guy and don't think he's any better than what we already have.

Youngish players I think should be the mandate. I don't see the point in someone like Beattie, Keane, Elliott or some of the other old players mentioned. We're building a club for the long term.

Dale Jennings might be a good option. I think CMS is an absolute certainty assuming Peterborough don't go up. Ideally, Bompey go up and we can try to nab Pilkington too.

Sean StLedger

Neil Danns or Marvin Elliot

Dale Jennings

Wade Elliot or George Boyd

CMS or James Vaughan

Im pretty sure with about 5 quality signings like above we would be in the promotion mix

Rumour down this end of the M27 is that he could be on his way too the Skates,however this is just a rumour.