Championship Summer 2011 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

Not sure about that Lard. I spoke to a mate who used to play semi pro and went to school with Wade. Apparantly he is very keen on joining Saints as he is a massive saints fan and obviously from the area. Howard and Stock are desperate to join as well and both nearly did.

Taking stock and Elliot would be nice

Youngish players I think should be the mandate. I don't see the point in someone like Beattie, Keane, Elliott or some of the other old players mentioned. We're building a club for the long term.

Personally don't agree with that. Schneiderlin, Lallana, Chamberlain, Stephens... We have a very young and talented midfield and we could do with an experienced head in there with them next season. Hammond has done the role this year, but i'd like to see him replaced with someone like Matt Oakley. An experienced pro who with age has added bite to his game coupled with his passing ability that has always been there

Not sure about that Lard. I spoke to a mate who used to play semi pro and went to school with Wade. Apparantly he is very keen on joining Saints as he is a massive saints fan and obviously from the area. Howard and Stock are desperate to join as well and both nearly did.

Taking stock and Elliot would be nice

You may well be correct,a presenter stated this on Express FM so could be just speculation.

Brian Howard if Reading don't go up and Chris Martin on loan from Norwich assuming they go for CMS. We need a lively winger - Dale Jennings please - and a new centre back. One thought that springs to mind now we are going up is Wayne Bridge on a season-long loan? Local lad, supports the club and City probably won't even give him a registration in their squad if West Ham don't stay up and sign him. He's made a lot of money and no England place to worry about - if Bellamy went to Cardiff why not?

Centre mid is well sorted if Stephens joins full time. Puncheon is on his way I presume, don't know about Ox-C, depends what the big boys offer I guess but would like a loan back for his sake as well as ours.

One thought that springs to mind now we are going up is Wayne Bridge on a season-long loan? Local lad, supports the club and City probably won't even give him a registration in their squad if West Ham don't stay up and sign him. He's made a lot of money and no England place to worry about - if Bellamy went to Cardiff why not?

We don't need a LB though, that's the last position i'd strengthen. We'd have Mills, Harding and Dickson there next season.

GK, CB, CM, RM, Striker, Winger

Get some real quality in these positions and let the current squad players back it up

Guly will be a better player in the Champs next year as well

Most important by far though is to retain Lallana, AoC, Morgan etc

I think we'll let a few go as well

GK, CB, CM, RM, Striker, Winger

Get some real quality in these positions and let the current squad players back it up

Guly will be a better player in the Champs next year as well

Most important by far though is to retain Lallana, AoC, Morgan etc

I think we'll let a few go as well

GK - really? Why do people keep saying this? KD is massively popular with the team, a senior figure within the squad and has been excellent again this season; as he was last; and as he was the season before.

"Winger" - really? So someone better than Lallana and Chamberlain? Good luck.

CB - really? Someone better than Jaidi or Fonte? Good luck. And hamper the progress of Martin and Seaborne. Completely pointless.

The areas where we lack top Championship quality are centre midfield and up front (unless Connolly can be relied on to stay fit) and those are the priorities.

Just reading Paul Fltechers Blog on Norwich's promotion. i didnt realise they sign 5 players. "He strengthened his squad extensively in the summer, bringing in the likes of goalkeeper John Ruddy, defender Elliott Ward, midfield duo Andrew Surman and David Fox and striker Simeon Jackson."

With that in mind a move for a younger CB similar to Jaidi, a Winger to to replace N'Guessin and challange AoC and AL, Pilkington or Boyd and a Striker, CMS would be a popular choice.

I think a spine of....

Davis

? Fonte. ? Harding

Ox. Schneiderlin. ? Lallana

? Lambert

Should be good enough first team squad using the current players as back up. If we get some prem/ top champ standard players in these positions, then there's no reason why we can't 'do a Norwich'.

CMS stands out as a player who I think could do a cracking job alongside Lambert. But then again we also have Guly. I think our squad is easily good enough now to get mid table.

I think the only starter we need is a new central midfielder with experience and a bit of class.

Get Jimmy Bullard from Hull. He has done very well on loan at Ipswich this season, in fact he won there player of the year having only played in 16 matches.

He is on huge money (Rumoured to be 40k) which I know is excessive but he said on this week’s goals on Sunday that he is very willing to take a pay cut as he just wants to play. Ipswich are obviously in the driving seat but I am sure he would want to listen to what we have to say.

The other priority should be a winger to cover and provide competition for Lallana and Oxo.

Let's do this and play like a Keegan / Chris Nicholl team:

------------Schneiderlin-----O-C--------------

----Guly----------Connolly-------------Lallana

---------------Lambert/CMS-------------------

That would be entertaining!

I don't want Nugent, he's crap.

He's also a friend of a friend, and is not the sort of guy we want in our team. He claimed that he didn't care if he played much for p*mpey or not, just as long as he was getting his wages.

No thanks

Get jack cork back - only on loan to burnley and now wants a permanent move out of Chelsea. Arguably outshone surman while he was here - and of course, Adkins knows all about him as he gave him his big break at scunny (indeed was their player of the year).

I am moist at the thought of reaching our buying potential for the nPC! Even in League One, we were signing players no other team could dream about - now we're in the Championship, with the financial backing we have, the set up we have and the potential we have, I literally cannot wait for the summer to begin, and this thread has just whetted my appetite!

I am of the opinion we do need to strengthen centre back. Just one player, Seaborne and Martin are unproven at this level, and as much as a legend Jaidi has become, there are some doubts, in my mind at least, over his fitness for a full Championship season. He's a good back-up to have, but I wouldn't be suprised to see a permanent partner for Fonte come in. Left back seems to be a solid position, even if Mills leaves, but at right back I haven't been impressed with Richardson. I know he has experience at this level, but so does Butterfield, and I know who I'd rather keep. I'd like to see a properly quick attacking full back come in, though of course of a quality better than Otsemobor, and of a bit more experience than young Jack Stephens. In central midfield we have quality in Morgan, engines in Chaplow and Hammond and youth in Stephens, but will the loan be made permanent? Who knows, but I'd love to see a quality creative player come in. Left midfield we have Lallana, a dead cert if he's fit, but with Holmes crocked and (I wouldn't be suprised) possibly let go this summer, another left midfielder to allow Adam to roam to other positions would be a good move. Right midfield is taken by Oxo, but I've not been that impressed with Guly playing wide. A back up right winger, or if Oxo goes (which again I'd be suprised unless it was a financial move) a first choice winger could come in. Attack is fine I believe, Forte, Lambert, Barnard and Connolly should be more than a match for the Championship, but with doubts still over Connolly's fitness and Forte's prowess, perhaps a quality striker is needed.

Trying to decide who we should sign is a toughie, so I'll leave it up to you. I would like to see Antonio back though, even though we'd be competing in a higher league I think he's be a good investment for ther future.

Greg Halford at right back

Pilkington or Liam Lawrence at right midfield

Curtis Davis or Craig Dawson at CB

CMS or Nugent up front

Almost spot on.

Need a new right back as I find Richardson makes a few too many mistakes.

Halford Yeah good call.

Need some speed on the other flank, Pilkington is a risk as his injury was horrific.

CMS would be a great signing as well.

The biggest signing we need is a leader, a central midfielder that directs all the play and is a dirty son of a *****.

Get jack cork back - only on loan to burnley and now wants a permanent move out of Chelsea. Arguably outshone surman while he was here - and of course, Adkins knows all about him as he gave him his big break at scunny (indeed was their player of the year).

That's an excellent point. I'd forgotten that Adkins had previously worked with Cork. We've seen with Forte that NA isn't frightened of signing ex-players

Don't rule out Nigel signing a player that brings out the 'underwhelmed' line from supporters, but turns out to be an absolute gem

Gary Hooper is a prime example, he signed him for £175k from Southend, turned him into a prolific NPC striker and then sold him to Celtic for £2.4Million

Mackail-Smith

Darren Ambrose

Jaidi replacement (re-sign him on

a one year deal as back up)... Someone like Danny Sh!ttu but younger, hungrier.

To be fair Jaidi looks well up for it..His reactions in the aftermatch celebrations showed that...agree 1 year deal though.

Championship players 'free agents' this summer:

Barnsley

Martin Devaney

Andy Gray

Matt Hill

Garry O'Connor

David Preece

Bristol City

Louis Carey

Lee Johnson

Ivan Sproule

Stephen Henderson

John Akinde

Pat Hoban

Jimmy Keohane

Joe Edwards

Danny Ball

Burnley

Wade Elliott

Chris McCann

Steven Thompson

Kevin McDonald

Remco van der Schaaf

Cardiff

Jay Bothroyd

Chris Burke

Adam Matthews

Gavin Rae

Coventry

Nathan Cameron

Lee Carsley

Jordan Clarke

Aron Gunnarsson

Danny Ireland

Marlon King

Michael McIndoe

Stephen O'Halloran

Isaac Osbourne

Kieren W******d

Connor Grogan

Shaun Jeffers

Michael Quirke

Crystal Palace

Neil Danns

Claude Davis

Steffen Iversen

Derby

Michael Boulding

Saul Deeney

Chris Porter

Doncaster

Steve Brooker

James Chambers

Paul Keegan

Dean Shiels

Dennis Souza

Neill Sullivan

Wayne Thomas

Ryan Burge

Byron Webster

Hull

Nick Barmby

Matt Duke

Craig Fagan

Richard García

Mark Oxley

Nolberto Solano

Kevin Kilbane

Anthony Gardner

Will Atkinson

Ipswich

Troy Brown

Damien Delaney

Tom Eastman

Carlos Edwards

Colin Healy

Conor Hourihane

Luke Hyam

Arran Lee-Barrett

Gareth McAuley

Brian Murphy

David Norris

Alan Quinn

Kevin Lisbie

Pablo Counago

Leeds

Shane Higgs

Bradley Johnson

Neil Kilkenny

Patrick Kisnorbo

Richard Naylor

Zac Thompson

Will Hatfield

Leicester

Ricardo

Aleksandar Tunchev

Darius Vassell

Middlesbrough

Julio Arca

Danny Coyne

Willo Flood

Andrew Taylor

Millwall

Shaun Batt

Danny Schofield

Marc Laird

Andy Frampton

John Sullivan

Norwich

Jens Berthel Askou

Matthew Gill

Josh Dawkin

Sam Habergham

Matthew Ball

Nottingham Forest

Dele Adebola

Julian Bennett

Robert Earnshaw

Guy Moussi

Zannetos Mytides

Nialle Rodney

Portsmouth

Michael Brown

Nadir Ciftci

Darryl Flahavan

Hermann Hreidarsson

Richard Hughes

David Nugent

Danny Webber

Peter Gregory

Tom Kilbey

Preston

Andreas Arestidou

Chris Brown

Darren Carter

Jamie Douglas

Billy Jones

Neal Trotman

QPR

Radek Cerny

Heidar Helguson

Peter Ramage

Martin Rowlands

Danny s**ttu

Georgios Tofas

Gavin Mahon

Reading

Brynjar Gunnarsson

Ivar Ingimarsson

Hal Robson-Kanu

S****horpe United

David Mirfin

Joe Murphy

Eddie Nolan

Sam Slocombe

Josh Wright

Paris Cowan-Hall

Ian Morris

Sheffield United

Ryan France

Rob Kozluk

Swansea

Ferrie Bodde

Thomas Butler

Dorus de Vries

Yves Ma-Kalambay

Darren Pratley

Angel Rangel

Albert Serran

Cederic Van der Gun

Gorka Pintado

Watford

Dale Bennett

Don Cowie

Matt Whichelow

Nathan Ellington

Rob Kiernan

Mat Sadler

The biggest signing we need is a leader, a central midfielder that directs all the play and is a dirty son of a *****.

The Hammond Chaplow partnership worked quite well until Chaplow went off the boil. Stephens appears to be a crab. Not sure we need one of them with Morgan and Hammond performing that role perfectly. Another powerful runner might be in order or simply just more quality. I have not been at all impressed by Stephens, but surely his loan move is a transfer disguised as a loan?

How about Fabien Delph, Michael Johnson or John Bostock on loan. No chance, but, Guy Mousi or Lewis McGugan from Forest. Perhaps Neil Kilkenny or Darren Pratley - he would be a great signing but can't see it. The Jimmy Bullard shout is a great one. We are going places and he might see that, although there are plenty of sides thinking the same.

Shaleum Logan perhaps for right back. Genuine pace is needed at right back.

How about Lee Cook for left side competition, David Norris on the right? Both have real quality.

Sol Cambell, Richard Naylor, Danny ****tu would provide reak power if Jaidi isn't up to playing every game.

Edited by Chez