Championship Summer 2011 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

I will no doubt get shot down but bring Rory Delap back. For his throw ins alone he is probably worth about 10 points a season. Get him on when were losing with 10 mins to go and have him launching his throws in to the box. Yes its ugly but its very effective.

I will no doubt get shot down but bring Rory Delap back. For his throw ins alone he is probably worth about 10 points a season. Get him on when were losing with 10 mins to go and have him launching his throws in to the box. Yes its ugly but its very effective.

why would he go from regular prem starter to ten min player for us?

Strange how his amazing throws didn't seem to be so effective last time he was here?

what about Reto Ziegler - he's out of contract at Sampdoria, he plays in Italy, he's Swiss and he's played in England!

Versatile as well as he can play left back or left midfield - not that we probably need another player like that wth Joesph Mills, Ryan Dickson and Dan Harding in the squad already!

Especially as he has a contract at Stoke until 2013 and will no doubt be playing in Europe with them this season.

I read he is out of contract at Stoke at the end of the season. To be honest, he would do a decent enough job starting for us probably.

For whoever highlighted it, Delap despite taking throw ins for Saints when he was here had not developed "the bullet".

If he was on a free and available, I think he'd be a great signing.

For a CM i wouldn't mind seeing lee williamson from Sheffield U. Was good a few years back but not sure what he's like these days.

Here's your answer from a Blade: Lee Williamson in my opinion has been the best player for the last three games. He is a good player at championship level however he seems too injury prone. He had a life threatening operation earlier this season. Unfortunately he has missed 7 games since Christmas for not being able to keep his head, I am sure he has been sent off twice when we have already been reduced to 10 men. Not good enough when your fighting relegation.

I hope we can keep him and keep him fit as I think he will be an asset in a league lower but I would expect a few teams to put some bids on the table for him.

For a CM i wouldn't mind seeing lee williamson from Sheffield U. Was good a few years back but not sure what he's like these days.

Here's your answer from a Blade: Lee Williamson in my opinion has been the best player for the last three games. He is a good player at championship level however he seems too injury prone. He had a life threatening operation earlier this season. Unfortunately he has missed 7 games since Christmas for not being able to keep his head, I am sure he has been sent off twice when we have already been reduced to 10 men. Not good enough when your fighting relegation.

I hope we can keep him and keep him fit as I think he will be an asset in a league lower but I would expect a few teams to put some bids on the table for him.

Williamson is a thug.

I read he is out of contract at Stoke at the end of the season. To be honest, he would do a decent enough job starting for us probably.

For whoever highlighted it, Delap despite taking throw ins for Saints when he was here had not developed "the bullet".

If he was on a free and available, I think he'd be a great signing.

Well he isn't so he won't be.

Therry Racon and Jose Semedo are both out of contract at Charlton this summer....

always thought Semedo was worth taking on and have suggested him in every window for a couple of years, but in the recent game against us he wasn't as dominant and his passing left a lot to be desired. Still quite young though. Racon looked decent against us in that game.

Williamson is a thug.

A view which seems to be confirmed by a friendly Blade's comments as I posted. Willimson was not my choice, I was responding to a posting by bigchrisy who expressed a desire to sign him. As I have been active on Sheff U's forum recently, I said I would find out what he was like. Not good, apparently.

Halford would be a good partner for Fonte.

Not wanting to drown our squad in too much fishiness, but if we signed Halford and Lawrence in addition to CMS, I would be well pleased. Add David Norris to that list and I reckon we're sorted!

Not wanting to drown our squad in too much fishiness, but if we signed Halford and Lawrence in addition to CMS, I would be well pleased. Add David Norris to that list and I reckon we're sorted!

Liam Lawrence would be an excellent signing. Two for the price of one; a player with a real presence in midfield, and the Cheats fans would be distraught.

All I know about Halford is that he has a Delap-type stupidly long throw.

All I know about Halford is that he has a Delap-type stupidly long throw.

Cloterill moved him from RB to CB when he arrived and they then went something like 650 mins without conceding. He's tall, strong, relatively young for a CB at 26, and wouldn't be overly expensive. Would be a cracking signing imo.

Dont shoot the messenger, but i heard today... from a steward ( who else would it be from )

that james beattie is a pretty much cert of a deal and willing to take a 5k paycut to play for us. deal was done and dusted as long as we went up.. had a deal rejected in the summer

also, owen from man u, we tried in the summer, but wouldent take the step down, but will come to us in the championship on loan.

just saying what i heard

Dont shoot the messenger, but i heard today... from a steward ( who else would it be from )

that james beattie is a pretty much cert of a deal and willing to take a 5k paycut to play for us. deal was done and dusted as long as we went up.. had a deal rejected in the summer

also, owen from man u, we tried in the summer, but wouldent take the step down, but will come to us in the championship on loan.

just saying what i heard

Why do people believe employees hired on a part time basis for crowd control would be kept informed of potential player transfers?

Michael Owen is out of contract in the summer, so how can he come to Saints on loan?

just saying what i heard

That steward is probably in the pub as we speak laughing his arse off with the others about who managed to sell the tallest tale to a fan. Owen... Gordon Bennett, pull the other one.

Just noticed Jason Roberts starting and scoring for Blackburn - maybe not as realistic as some people thought.

good shout. Powerful, bullies defenders and gets right in the danger areas that perhaps Lambert doesn't. Not sure he has the legs to do Lambert's running.