Footage For Overseas Viewers

stthrobber

Can anyone, particularly Saints fans in the USA show me a site which they would use to watch the highlights of Wallsall?

I sent the BBC link to a mate in the US and he says he can't watch it because it's UK only content. I've searched Youtube and there's nothing there (so far) of decent enough quality to show the goals

Saintsplayer has got the lot in real detail but you have to pay about £35 quid a year !

I would never contemplate this myself (as it's probably illegal!) but if you know someone who is signed up then ask for his user ID and password then your mate can watch it at his leisure !

Don't forget saintsplayer details can be used for all other clubs, using the same player service (which means the vast majority of clubs). Great for opposing teams news and thoughts ahead of games and makes it much easier to blag a free username/password.

Edited by shurlock

Try this... http://www.daveproxy.co.uk/

Just enter the http://www.bbc.co.uk in the enter URL box and click go.... iplayer should then work from overseas.

Be careful, this is what I get from that link

Dangerous Page

Address:

http://www.daveproxy.co.uk/

Trend Micro has confirmed that this website can transmit malicious software or has been involved in online scams or fraud.

Please close this page.

Still want to open this page, despite the risk?

Copyright © 1995-2010 Trend Micro Incorporated. All right reserved.

Be careful, this is what I get from that link

Dangerous Page

Address:

http://www.daveproxy.co.uk/

Trend Micro has confirmed that this website can transmit malicious software or has been involved in online scams or fraud.

Please close this page.

Still want to open this page, despite the risk?

Copyright © 1995-2010 Trend Micro Incorporated. All right reserved.

Well of COURSE it can "transmit malicious software or has been involved in online scams or fraud", it's a proxy, so it can be a conduit for any kind of data for any purpose - most people using it will be using it for slightly dubious purposes or they'd be fine using their own IP. That's like saying Google is dangerous because you can use it to search for Pompey information.

Can anyone, particularly Saints fans in the USA show me a site which they would use to watch the highlights of Wallsall?

I sent the BBC link to a mate in the US and he says he can't watch it because it's UK only content. I've searched Youtube and there's nothing there (so far) of decent enough quality to show the goals

Saints Player has a 40 minute video of the day.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/20110509/all-angles-covered-saints-3-1-walsall_2264122_2356705/0,,10280~2356705~1,00.html

I will probably be building a Saints website for the new season which, hopefully, will include a members area (free) with footage for overseas viewers... will probably need to skirt a few legal technicalities though ;) If it's possible, I'll do it. Having spent a year abroad two seasons ago, I did find it frustrating (though I did eventually buy a Saints subscription and it was worth the money).

I will probably be building a Saints website for the new season which, hopefully, will include a members area (free) with footage for overseas viewers... will probably need to skirt a few legal technicalities though ;) If it's possible, I'll do it. Having spent a year abroad two seasons ago, I did find it frustrating (though I did eventually buy a Saints subscription and it was worth the money).

Sounds good... Though like you say - if you are abroad - it's easier just to fork out for SaintsPlayer.

I mainly get SP for the radio commentaries. In recent weeks there has been that excellent one on Justin but is this guaranteed to happen every week?

My only gripe is the quality of the Solent coverage. Mainly that they seem proud to turn DOWN the crowd noise of any game with a great atmosphere. 'Sorry for the loud crowd - we are doing our best to mute it out so you can hear us properly'. I personally prefer it the other way round. The sound of the crowd bellowing out of the speakers with the commentators just about audible.

Solent - take a note. At least turn the crowd up a bit more than you currently do. It's what makes a game.

Don't forget saintsplayer details can be used for all other clubs, using the same player service (which means the vast majority of clubs). Great for opposing teams news and thoughts ahead of games and makes it much easier to blag a free username/password.

You, good sir, have just made my (Norwich supporting) missus's day. I didn't realise this, it didn't even cross my mind.

Sounds good... Though like you say - if you are abroad - it's easier just to fork out for SaintsPlayer.

I mainly get SP for the radio commentaries. In recent weeks there has been that excellent one on Justin but is this guaranteed to happen every week?

My only gripe is the quality of the Solent coverage. Mainly that they seem proud to turn DOWN the crowd noise of any game with a great atmosphere. 'Sorry for the loud crowd - we are doing our best to mute it out so you can hear us properly'. I personally prefer it the other way round. The sound of the crowd bellowing out of the speakers with the commentators just about audible.

Solent - take a note. At least turn the crowd up a bit more than you currently do. It's what makes a game.

That's the other thing... I might try and stream the commentary as well. I'm absolutely sure that I'd be breaching some form of law though! Still, going to look into it. Obviously, don't want to infringe or impact on Saints Player and the clubs revenue but surely some things should be accessible to all.

Thanks for this. I'll send him this link

you're welcome, I'm surprised it wasn't posted sooner. The bbc wind me up, i can watch bbc tv & I presume a portion of my cable subscription goes to them but i can't watch any football on iplayer and they even advertise on the website. oh and they don't even have the courtesy to put cloud/rain/sun symbols over Ireland on their weather reports.