Starting line-up for Swansea

trousers

After tonights game I think our 'default' starting 11 is much clearer...(that said, not sure between Gillet, Gasmi and Euell if all three are fit for Saturday - would like to see Gasmi and Schneiderlin together though)

Here goes:

----------------------- Davis -----------------------

-- Cork --------- Svennson -- Perry --------- Mills ---

Surman --- Gasmi/Gillet/Euell --- Schneiderlin -- Skacel

----------------------- Lallana -----------------------

------------------------ John ------------------------

I thought the same, but the bloke has no pace. He's decent in CM because he doesn't need to run, and he can pass the ball quite well.

I must have missed the bit where you need decent pace to be a CB! Does Perry have that?! I would have thought CM involved a huge amount more running that playing CB.

I must have missed the bit where you need decent pace to be a CB! Does Perry have that?! I would have thought CM involved a huge amount more running that playing CB.

Perry has decent pace, and IMO is very good in the air for his size. You do need pace to play CB - otherwise how will they keep up with pacey strikers, like Danny Webber for example.

OK this is the team and formation I think Lowe (whoops sorry JP) will go with at the start at Swansea

----------Davis------------

Cork--Perry--Wotton--Skacel

---------Gillet--------------

McGoldrick--Surman--Mills

------------Lallana---------------

-----Robinson--------------------

I think he will continue with Mills in midfield as he is more likely to track back and assist Rudi that Rudi tracking back. Also Rudi is more experienced in reading the game at the back.

Perry has decent pace, and IMO is very good in the air for his size. You do need pace to play CB - otherwise how will they keep up with pacey strikers, like Danny Webber for example.

Can John Terry keep up with Ronaldo, Adeybayor or Torres? No of course not. Playing CB is far more about strength and positioning than about pace. The only time a CB will need to use pace is when they have got something wrong and have been caught out of position.

If pace is such a factor in playing CB then how come we got great performances last season out of the aging Lucketti who has the pace of an asmahtic tortoise.

Can John Terry keep up with Ronaldo, Adeybayor or Torres? No of course not. Playing CB is far more about strength and positioning than about pace. The only time a CB will need to use pace is when they have got something wrong and have been caught out of position.

If pace is such a factor in playing CB then how come we got great performances last season out of the aging Lucketti who has the pace of an asmahtic tortoise.

FFS, no I have cookie crumbs all over my computer screen.:rolleyes:

I do agree with the sentiment that its more about reading the game although a bit of pacefor one of the two CB doesn't hurt.

I would be tempted to play Davis up front as he seems allowed to use his hands. This could be a bonus when we get a corner as he can just throw it in their net.

Oliver Kahn did this once. He got a red card.

I'd keep it the same, but possibly with Morgan in for Gillett.

No idea who to play CB, unless Svensson is fit. Possibly Thomas if JP is now allowed to pick his own team.

Damn that Lowe, wish he would let JP pick a man on crutches! Stop making things up, Thomas is injured. JP picks the team unless you have evidence to the contrary?

Forecast(just want to see him play)

Ha ha ha, so you would drop the guy who played an absolute blinder last night, just so we can see what Forecast is like. Oh thats good, straight from the Burley school of team selection :rolleyes:

Seriously, it will probably be Bart on the bench, I'm beginning to detect that possibly JP seems to like to give both Bart and Tommy outings as sub GK to keep them both on their toes. Not a bad idea when you have 2 backups to a clear No 1

We should stick to as much of the same team as last night as possible. Obviously Lancashire needs to be replaced so I would move Cork to CB and put James at RB. It's not the ideal option as I don't think James is a natural full back, but with our other CB's injured I think it's the best option.

I'd keep Surman and Gillet in the centre mid position and Mills ahead of Skacel as they all seemed to do a good job last might. Hopefully a run in the team will see Stern start scoring again as well.

Surely the team picks itself, on performance and ability so far:

Davis

Cork

Perry

Spiderman (if match fit)

Lallana

Fish

Surman

BWP (never thought I'd say that)

John

That just leaves 2:

No reason not to play Skacel after last night

Wotton (with Killer on the bench if he's fit in case it doesn't work)

Put your 11 best players on the pitch, and fiddle with the tactics from there