90 mins vs QPR

90 mins vs Ipswich

90 mins vs Barnsley

82 mins vs Doncaster

90 mins vs Norwich - One goal.

90 mins vs Coventry

90 mins vs Watford

22 mins vs Sheffield United

1004 minutes total. A goal every 502 minutes.

Jordan Robertson:

87 mins vs Norwich - one goal

90 mins vs Coventry

90 mins vs Watford

267 minutes total

Tomas Pekhart:

21 mins vs QPR

37 mins vs Ipswich - One goal

90 mins vs Barnsley

77 mins vs Doncaster

32 mins vs Norwich

31 mins vs Coventry

7 mins vs Watford

295 minutes total.

After a quick look at Wikipedia it seems our three strikers have scored a total of 22 goals between them so far in their careers. Awesome.

Christ, we're even deeper in the sh1t than I thought!

My last post at around lunchtime was tempered by the fact that at that time, it was only a rumour. Now that John going on loan is a fact, then I am truly disgusted at the incompetance of the people who run this club. I am as p*ssed off as I've ever been in all the years I've supported the Saints and for the first time I could foresee the possibility that I might yet reach the stage that I boycott the club until Lowe, Quisling, Askham and the other charlatans are all gone.

I'm getting to the stage that I couldn't care less what happens any more. Thank God if it comes to it that I didn't waste my money on a ST, so there might be an upside if I do decide to stop going.

Christ, we're even deeper in the sh1t than I thought!

to be fair you could add sterns no goals in 257 minutes.

To be fair this time last season there were many fans on here telling us what a waste of time money and space Stern was.

IMO DMG will score goals and needs a couple and that will send him on a good run.We just have to try and stay patient and not boo the lad, he wants to score as much as any palyer, its just unfortunate he has a languid look and so it seems he doesnt care.

I sorry to see Stern John go. We do need experienced forwards. they maybe getting on a little but they know where to put the ball.

We have now lost Stern, Saga and gregor.

On a slightly different tact

I was just wandering if the club were being exposed to equal pay claims which could prove costly to the club

Suppose John and Rudi were on 20k a week and all the other players are on 5k

Im sure the ambulance chasing lawyers maybe waiting in the weeks to try a test case.

PS before any of you respond about equal pay being between men and woman I can assure you it isnt and pay protection is also another dodgy area to be concerned about.

I know I have to read up and report back and carry out an impact assessment re the 88 page court ruling re equal pay and protection this weekend

Although I don't think boycotting SMS is a good idea the thought of watching BWP and DMCG in tandem turns my blood cold. I just couldn't face it.

If they were playing together for the opposition it would be quite funny.....unfortunately i share your fear.

If the pair were playing for the opposition against us you can guarantee they would find their goal scoring boots.

To be fair this time last season there were many fans on here telling us what a waste of time money and space Stern was.

IMO DMG will score goals and needs a couple and that will send him on a good run.We just have to try and stay patient and not boo the lad, he wants to score as much as any palyer, its just unfortunate he has a languid look and so it seems he doesnt care.

Nick, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. You can't polish a turd. Do you get my drift?

His body language would be unacceptable in any profession. He slouches his way through games and only puts in occasional effort when it suits him. He is never on his toes, his shoulders are drooped and he hardly moves. There is nothing unfortunate about the reults he gets, he just need to put in some real effort for a change. If we are relying on him then we really are in deep doggy-doos.

His body language would be unacceptable in any profession. He slouches his way through games and only puts in occasional effort when it suits him. He is never on his toes, his shoulders are drooped and he hardly moves. There is nothing unfortunate about the reults he gets, he just need to put in some real effort for a change. If we are relying on him then we really are in deep doggy-doos.
Against Watford he created more than anybody.His poor penalty overshadowed the rest

Against Watford he created more than anybody.His poor penalty overshadowed the rest

So basically....

He can't score, but he sets up lots of chances.

Nobody else has proved they can score regularly.

The one player we had left that has proved he can do just that has been sent on loan.

But we should still be happy about this :rolleyes:

Nick, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. You can't polish a turd. Do you get my drift?
I understand your sentiments Wade. I see something in his ability quite a few others dont. May I point out I have argued the toss about Le Tiss, Marsden, Crouch, Fuller, Stern, KD and others who have been slated by fans over the years,(especially in their early games) I also have had a few failures as well I thought were overrated the biggest misjudgement was Shearer as I thought when he was witrh us he was not clinical enough and hoped he would go and not MLT.

I am not saying I am better than you at judging players but perhaps I am prepared a little longer to give him a chance, he's only 18 ffs

I understand your sentiments Wade. I see something in his ability quite a few others dont. May I point out I have argued the toss about Le Tiss, Marsden, Crouch, Fuller, Stern, KD and others who have been slated by fans over the years,(especially in their early games) I also have had a few failures as well I thought were overrated the biggest misjudgement was Shearer as I thought when he was witrh us he was not clinical enough and hoped he would go and not MLT.

I am not saying I am better than you at judging players but perhaps I am prepared a little longer to give him a chance, he's only 18 ffs

It's alright, he's got a 3 year contract where he'll play when fit.

We should be able to tell by then :rolleyes:

I think you'll find he is 20. Dob 29/11/87 he's nearly 21

Edited by derry

I know nothing of the sort and I doubt whether you do.

I've never seen this "fact" before.Where did you get it from.

I mean, I can go and look it up myself then can't I.

We don't sweep up to protect our 'good buddies'.

All the few positive voices are trying to do is prevent the forum turning into

a continual witch hunt,where the eventual victims have already been tried,judged and sentenced.

I'm thinking of giving up altogether soon because it's just too much of an uphill job honestly.

As others have said you try too hard to support Lowey and it does not come across naturally and in my eyes you seem to have fallen into the mode of those office mateys on here who Lowey paid to sort us all out..Allegedly..

If you are a true supporter why do you turn against so many of your fellow posters who are just giving an opinion.

You do come across really rude whether you mean to or not.

By the way Lowey and Wildey have messed up again and again..time for new leaders..now.

My opinion of course and I am a true supporter like most on here that you abuse.

As others have said you try too hard to support Lowey and it does not come across naturally and in my eyes you seem to have fallen into the mode of those office mateys on here who Lowey paid to sort us all out..Allegedly..

If you are a true supporter why do you turn against so many of your fellow posters who are just giving an opinion.

You do come across really rude whether you mean to or not.

By the way Lowey and Wildey have messed up again and again..time for new leaders..now.

My opinion of course and I am a true supporter like most on here that you abuse.

OSM but the very anti Lowe fans turn on them, it is a two way street. I even have had Saints fans joining up with Skates against me.Funny they (skates ) down join up against their own.

Humility is needed on both sides at present.

Really can't believe this , not just from our perspective but why Bristol City would want him, and how he will fit in with all their other strikers. Beats me. The only thing I am wondering is whether Saga is on his way back now that Rioch has got the push and it was only feaible to have one or other on the payroll. Still doesn't explain the City angle though. :(

OSM but the very anti Lowe fans turn on them, it is a two way street. I even have had Saints fans joining up with Skates against me.Funny they (skates ) down join up against their own.

Humility is needed on both sides at present.

nickh

I do not give a damn about Pompey and if you are a true Saints supporter and I presume you and your brother are, then realism must come to you sooner or later.There is one major problem at Southampton and Lowey must step aside now take Wildey and Askham and The Lavendar Hill mob with them.

Let someone else at least attempt to run the club before it is too late. Let there at least be a proper football attempt at recovery of some sort.

You know, like many on here, I am very concerned and this Stern John business is the final straw. Bad enough about Pulis,Robertson, Smith, Gasmi, Forecast etc the business of money problems does not allow you to continually bring in players who are no better than the youth. Some very bad decisions far outweighing the one or two good things Lowey may have done../Poor old JP takes all the stick and The Director of Football continues on even bypassing The Football Chairman. We are in serious trouble and Lowey and Wildey are not the answer and you know it. Enough is enough. If you truly went to Belemoor school? sort it out now with your freinds now before the club dies.I know you speak to big names at the club allegedly..

My opinion of course..no offence intended.

There has to be a better way of cutting costs than sending our best striker on loan to a rival club.

What about closing a bit more of the stadium, after all a lot more of it will be empty at this rate allowing some big fat savings on overheads.

Or maybe Mr Lowe would be willing to forego his salary and take payment in share options. After all, when we get back to the Premier League the share price is certain to rocket.

Alternatively, is it too much to ask the club to shift the strategy just a tad towards ways of increasing reveue. It could make a start by not p*ssing off every last one of us at every opportunity.