Stern And Bart On Their Way

Saintrowe

looks like this guy was right

Stern John on loan to Bristol City...

OS has confirmed... only till Jan 1st though

he will probably sign for them permently on Jan 1st or if not that loan period ends on that date to ensure we can sell him to someone else as soon as the window opens. Either way he is gone from the managers plans.

I have to say the way we have handled Thomas, Skacel and John has been appauling. I see no reason whatsoever why they could not have been integrated into a young total football side. Instead we have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on wages and got nothing in return.

Edited by Chez

looks like this guy was right

Stern John on loan to Bristol City...

OS has confirmed... only till Jan 1st though

Well obviously, because as everyone knows the recession will be over then, we'll have avoided administration and Fulthorpe will be in with his zillions...........

oh

Step up Peckhart & Robertson

oh

Well, we've still got BWP & DMG

oh

Ho hum nice weather today, but seems like SMS is a bit like the sea off Dubai at the moment. Full of fresh sh*t

Another great move by Rupert & the club.

Rupert, Jan and Wilde OUT

Well I suppose all the anti Lowe people will be happy that they have something more to moan about. Has it crossed your mind that if you actually attended some games instead of ****ing off on message boards we might be able to afford his wages? No I doubt you think that clearly. Fool.

shocking decision.

We aren't scoring many goals, so lets get rid of last seasons top scorer.

We are lacking experience, so lets get rid of one of our most experienced players.

I will admit that at times SJ frustrates me as he looks like such a lazy player, but he scores the goals and that it waht we need.

Lowe Out!!

More wages off the book then. How much was he on? How much is this relieving us of per year?

Lots of reliable sources and posters have indicated that the combined cost of SJ, Euell, Thomas and Skacel were costing us 2million pounds a year in salaries which we could not cover in the business plan, so a fair guess would be at least a quarter of that......

Lots of reliable sources and posters have indicated that the combined cost of SJ, Euell, Thomas and Skacel were costing us 2million pounds a year in salaries which we could not cover in the business plan, so a fair guess would be at least a quarter of that......

apart from john...the other 3 have been fecking ****e most of the time

Well I suppose all the anti Lowe people will be happy that they have something more to moan about. Has it crossed your mind that if you actually attended some games instead of ****ing off on message boards we might be able to afford his wages? No I doubt you think that clearly. Fool.

Trouble is, some people are so anti lowe and co that they think Administration is the answer to be able to get rid of them. Anything that is done to try and avoid Administration puts there nose out of joint becuase Lowe and Co will have to stick around longer.

Why doesn't Lowe go the whole hog and loan out all our players earning more than £200 a week. We could get players from the non league to play for expenses, or for a few quid stuffed in their boots.

We'll get relegated,the gate will fall below 10,000, but think of the money we'd save.

thinking about it even more....this has to be one of the most shocking decisions made by the club...how many have we loaned in? peckhart and co...I would rather we did not and keep john....ffs, he scored for fun last season and was a major factor in us staying up....

we are fecking doomed and this is not a knee jerk reaction

More wages off the book then. How much was he on? How much is this relieving us of per year?

I'd suggest 15k a week, easy, maybe more seeing as our wage bill expanded by 33% when he, Thomas, Euell etc replaced Baird, KJ, Bale, Pele etc, unless of course Bristol City are only paying a percentage of that, which is certainly possibly.

Why doesn't Lowe go the whole hog and loan out all our players earning more than £200 a week. We could get players from the non league to play for expenses, or for a few quid stuffed in their boots.

We'll get relegated,the gate will fall below 10,000, but think of the money we'd save.

Why not keep hold of all the high earners and spend a few more quid while we are at it. the banks dont mind us going further into our over draft so why not eh?

when the banks get fed up with us for not doing anything about the rapidly decreasing finances they will empleoy a nice little chap with a dodgy voice to come in and strip us of any player worth anything and leave us with a team that would struggle in league 1. add to that the FA not being best pleased with the banks decission so in turn stick a nice points penalty on us to make sure that we struggle to stay in league 1.

Great planning there bud.

Im not happy that we have to lose so many players and cant afford to get in more quality but ffs i know there is bugger all we can do about it in the mean time.

Trouble is, some people are so anti lowe and co that they think Administration is the answer to be able to get rid of them. Anything that is done to try and avoid Administration puts there nose out of joint becuase Lowe and Co will have to stick around longer.

I'm sure that this has been answered before but why would Lowe and co go if we went into admin? Couldn't they just pick up the club on the cheap and have the whole thing to themselves?

As for Stern, I'd agree to a certain extent with JP that he'd be more suited to 4-4-2 as he's looked like a fish out of water for us this season, but it's probably more to do with financial reasons than footballing reasons.

I have to say the way we have handled Thomas, Skacel and John has been appauling. I see no reason whatsoever why they could not have been integrated into a young total football side. Instead we have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on wages and got nothing in return.

It's always difficult to integrate a player that has had cruitiate knee surgery into the side.

they will empleoy a nice little chap with a dodgy voice to come in and strip us of any player worth anything and leave us with a team that would struggle in league 1.

No need for the banks to employ the "chap with the dodgy voice" as Lowe's doing it for them.

I'm sure that this has been answered before but why would Lowe and co go if we went into admin? Couldn't they just pick up the club on the cheap and have the whole thing to themselves?

As for Stern, I'd agree to a certain extent with JP that he'd be more suited to 4-4-2 as he's looked like a fish out of water for us this season, but it's probably more to do with financial reasons than footballing reasons.

That would always be a worry but not sure if it could or would happen with us. the damage that administration would do though would be pretty bad so I for 1 would rather try and avoid it.

I am hoping that Lowe and co do well enough for us to be an attractive opertunity to some rich nut that buys the lot out.

He will score goals for a team who will be there or there abouts this season. It will come back to bite us on the ar$e fo' sho'.

Im numb to it though, nothing surprises me anymore and as he hasnt really been playing much recently, its not come as a shock! Still, it's not as if scoring goals has been a problem for us recently eh?! :rolleyes:

thinking about it even more....this has to be one of the most shocking decisions made by the club...how many have we loaned in? peckhart and co...I would rather we did not and keep john....ffs, he scored for fun last season and was a major factor in us staying up....

we are fecking doomed and this is not a knee jerk reaction

Indeed, we're ****ed. Nobody who can score goals.

BWP, Robertson, Pekhart and McGoldrick?! I don't see why we bothered to bring in Pekhart and Robertson if it meant we had to lose John, same with pretty much every player we have bought in.

We won't be able to score enough goals to survive with Rasiak, John and Saga all out on loan while we rely on the fab foursome we have atm.

Robertson, Pekhart and McGoldrick will not be able to score the goals to keep us in the Championship - it's simple really.

This is the most shocking decision since he sacked Pearson.

All the shocking decisions have come and gone a long time ago. What we have now is the baliffs coming in to take the sofa and TV, leaving us with garden funiture and the radio.

Too late to moan about it now, if you cannot figure out this would happen you really have been living in make believe.

No need for the banks to employ the "chap with the dodgy voice" as Lowe's doing it for them.

If you think Lowe is stripping us of the same ammount of players that the administrator would then you need to think again.

KD, Perry, Killer, Olly, Mills, Surman, Gillet, Morgan, Lallana, BWP, McGoldrick, skacel, forcast, euell, and most of the players currently playing in the reserve team would be gone. and most of them for nothing like the ammount they should be worth. If we are playing with kids at the mo, and our reserve team is our under 18's team. what kind of team would we be left with?

Print this out in bold!!!

Lowe out!

All the shocking decisions have come and gone a long time ago. What we have now is the baliffs coming in to take the sofa and TV, leaving us with garden funiture and the radio.

Too late to moan about it now, if you cannot figure out this would happen you really have been living in make believe.

Nope don't believe that.

Why did we spend 1.25 m on a teenager? why did we sign the likes of Holmes, Wotton, Perry, Cork, Pekhart, Smith, Gasmi, Robertson etc if we are so skint?

It's total ********, ridiculous decisions which will cost the club.

If you think Lowe is stripping us of the same ammount of players that the administrator would then you need to think again.

KD, Perry, Killer, Olly, Mills, Surman, Gillet, Morgan, Lallana, BWP, McGoldrick, skacel, forcast, euell, and most of the players currently playing in the reserve team would be gone. and most of them for nothing like the ammount they should be worth. If we are playing with kids at the mo, and our reserve team is our under 18's team. what kind of team would we be left with?

Gone where?

Lowe didn't hide the fact that the whole team was up for sale over the summer, and yet no-one bought the players.

In order for them to go, someone will have to buy them.

So your saying 14 of the first team squad, and most of the reserves would be sold off?

I dont buy that, yes the administrator would sell players and cheaply( exactly what Lowe is doing), however I cant recall another Club that has been made to sell 14 of its first team and most of the Res.

One big difference is an administrator would be lookingfor investment ASAP, is Lowe?

Lowe doesn't have the nouse to appreciate that we need goalscorers and defenders. In hockey perhaps anyone can do both. Not football.

He is using the midfield as a shopwindow for buy and sell in the future, disregarding present needs.

Is this our nadir or is there more to come. I think JP's bit on the OS is very telling 'we can't afford to guarentee him first team football' - Lowe is in charge of who can not be picked.

If Lowe could issue a statement it would be along the lines of 'Because of the fall in attendances we have to let Stern go'.

Its all the fans fault ******** is it, Ive never seen another relegated team implode as much as we have. Maybe Sheff Wed a good few years back, but they were paying huge prem wages, we can't even keep players we bought as a relagated team.

This is pure punishment for the fans.

He will go to Bristol n da goal gonna get buss.

Is this our nadir or is there more to come. I think JP's bit on the OS is very telling 'we can't afford to guarentee him first team football' - Lowe is in charge of who can not be picked.

If Lowe could issue a statement it would be along the lines of 'Because of the fall in attendances we have to let Stern go'.

Its all the fans fault ******** is it, Ive never seen another relegated team implode as much as we have. Maybe Sheff Wed a good few years back, but they were paying huge prem wages, we can't even keep players we bought as a relagated team.

This is pure punishment for the fans.

He will go to Bristol n da goal gonna get buss.

Its a vicious circle it seems, the team lose players we lose fans so we lose players to make up the shortfall and so more fans are lost.

I still think that staying up and out of adminstration is our number 1 goal this season.

Stern has gone on loan and so we have to accept it and try and move on. Whose decision is it, some have been saying this week that the banks are now telling us who to play as the crowds are dropping and so they may have said we need the wage bill cut .

I realistically think that BC asked about Sterns availibility and we said he could go.

Its a vicious circle it seems, the team lose players we lose fans so we lose players to make up the shortfall and so more fans are lost.

I still think that staying up and out of adminstration is our number 1 goal this season.

Stern has gone on loan and so we have to accept it and try and move on. Whose decision is it, some have been saying this week that the banks are now telling us who to play as the crowds are dropping and so they may have said we need the wage bill cut .

I realistically think that BC asked about Sterns availibility and we said he could go.

We have :(

We won't score nearly enough goals to stay up :(

How much will tickets be in league 1?

Gone where?

Lowe didn't hide the fact that the whole team was up for sale over the summer, and yet no-one bought the players.

In order for them to go, someone will have to buy them.

Lowes price is not going to be the price that tha admins will look for. On top of that players have had the chance to go elsewhere but some have stuck here due to the wages. If we go into administration doesnt the players association get involved to make sure players are happy with the cancelation of contracts and options given to them?

Something that wont happen unless the admins move in so in some ways we should think our selves lucky if we manage to get expensive players off the wage bill.

Originally Posted by up and away viewpost.gif

Nope don't believe that.

Why did we spend 1.25 m on a teenager? why did we sign the likes of Holmes, Wotton, Perry, Cork, Pekhart, Smith, Gasmi, Robertson etc if we are so skint?

It's total ********, ridiculous decisions which will cost the club.

Then like any other person who cannot afford to pay the mortgage, go to the bank with that sort of plan and you will come out looking at suitable doorways to sleep in.

You have to show the banks that there is some sort of possibility in the short term to be able to manage costs. Lose that confidence and it's all over there and then. Any other company would have been put to the gun a long time ago, but for some reasons football clubs lead a charmed life in this respect.

I don't believe it matters now because things have got so bad, coupled with an economic climate which is difficult to comprehend. If we manage to get out of this it will be a miracle, but I see little other option.

We have :(

We won't score nearly enough goals to stay up :(

How much will tickets be in league 1?

Not have to literally, but in a figure of speech.Iam not pleased he has gone but being pragmatic accept it.

If you stand back and look at it Stern has not scored this season and had to be taken off because he was tired. His miss against Brum cost us the 3 points that day IMO and had we got off to a good start the pressure would be far less on us all.

All in all it is a shame but theo thers will have to roll up their sleeves and get on with it.

I still think DMG will come good(i await the mirth) and when he startts scoring he will go on a run of goals.

This season I think we have more players able to score than in previous seasons and not having to rely on one player as we have done in the past

So your saying 14 of the first team squad, and most of the reserves would be sold off?

I dont buy that, yes the administrator would sell players and cheaply( exactly what Lowe is doing), however I cant recall another Club that has been made to sell 14 of its first team and most of the Res.

One big difference is an administrator would be lookingfor investment ASAP, is Lowe?

How many of Leeds players were recognised after they went down the pan?

Believe me the admins will sell off anyone that is worth anything. 1 problem we have as a club is that we have shown that we are prepared to use the kids if we have too. the admins wilds use that to there advantage and sell of anyone they can leaving us with the proper kids.

Lowes price is not going to be the price that tha admins will look for. On top of that players have had the chance to go elsewhere but some have stuck here due to the wages. If we go into administration doesnt the players association get involved to make sure players are happy with the cancelation of contracts and options given to them?

Something that wont happen unless the admins move in so in some ways we should think our selves lucky if we manage to get expensive players off the wage bill.

You sound very sure of this.

It was rumoured the more expensive players could go for free in the summer just to get them off the wage bill.

Not have to literally, but in a figure of speech.Iam not pleased he has gone but being pragmatic accept it.

If you stand back and look at it Stern has not scored this season and had to be taken off because he was tired. His miss against Brum cost us the 3 points that day IMO and had we got off to a good start the pressure would be far less on us all.

All in all it is a shame but theo thers will have to roll up their sleeves and get on with it.

I still think DMG will come good(i await the mirth) and when he startts scoring he will go on a run of goals.

This season I think we have more players able to score than in previous seasons and not having to rely on one player as we have done in the past

And that's the issue.

We have players capable of scoring, they just can't manage it :(