Stern And Bart On Their Way

Saintrowe

Give up UM

IT is blame Crouch ignore the first few years after relegation because that taints Wilde and Rupert.

I'd agree UM. Torres clearly hasn't a clue and will argue all day long (as you may) but it's wasted energy. Some blame Crouch for the mess he inherited from Wilde (and ultimately, Lowe). Just put them in the stupid box and turn off the lights! Let them spout all the sh*t they can muster. No proving some wrong... :smt076

Are these actually true?

I would be very concerned about losing John, even off form should be good for 12 goals - not sure anyone else looks like that at the mo

I realise some seniors were injured and all rumours cannot be substantiated but, YET AGAIN NICK, do you believe everything Wilde and Lowe say (not much in their media blackout tenure) while you continue (time and time and time again) to defend the dunce duo?! I mean, this forum has a plethora of people connected to Saints and we do hear truths, amongst the made up rumours. It's just whether you want to believe and use common sense and judgement Nick, or you bury your head in the sand and refuse to believe anything. What is your obsession with posting 24/7 and defending the indefensible?!

My tactic, seive through what you hear and try and back it up for yourself, while playing close attention to the club matters in the process. Skacel hasn't played all season and players themselves have been told they were NOT wanted. Try asking some!

Oh, re - the Stern thing- YES! That could be just a rumour but it was the sentiment that prompted the leaving seniors in the cold statement. That can't be disputed!

Only the extremely dense can't see it's a combination of things keeping fans away. One of those things is the fact we're sh1te and can't score goals to win games. It's also widely accepted that if we win more games more fans will come back. Now, whose more likely to score those goals? DM or SJ?

We were hardly world-beaters for much of the preceding 20 years, but I didn't see many fnas stay away when we were playing Man U, Aresnal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton, Villa, Newcastle every year.

Also, if the "fans" only return off the back of success, then I am sure the players will be very grateful of the support and they won't question at all where it was when it was more accutely needed.

All these years I have been having a go at plastic mancs, and all along it seems we have just as many.

I was trying to make a little joke-let with Alps (who didn't mention RL initally either, btw), but there we are.

Oh, for a minute there I thought you were being serious then and washing over Lowe's involvement in our financial meltdown :rolleyes:

Shall we say

Started by Lowe, Exacerbated by Wilde, Perfected by Crouch

Would that make you happier?

Not really.

If we are to do the blame game fairly, then Lowe would be General Melchett, Wilde would be Captain Darling and Crouch would be Lieutenant George.

None of them are/were that competent at running the show, but some were most definitely more to blame than others for the predicament we now find ourselves in.

I'd agree UM. Torres clearly hasn't a clue and will argue all day long (as you may) but it's wasted energy.

Perhaps if you'd read this

No, both Wilde and Lowe have to shoulder their own share of responsibility too.

you might have phrased that differently.

Then I suggest you pour yourself a drink and lighten up a bit.

Look, even Alps seems to have raised a smile above, I'm sure you can drop the curmudgeon for a short while, no?

My Blackadder references will be about the best you can get at the moment.;)

Curmudgeon me up:D

We were hardly world-beaters for much of the preceding 20 years, but I didn't see many fnas stay away when we were playing Man U, Aresnal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton, Villa, Newcastle every year.

Also, if the "fans" only return off the back of success, then I am sure the players will be very grateful of the support and they won't question at all where it was when it was more accutely needed.

All these years I have been having a go at plastic mancs, and all along it seems we have just as many.

Theres a good reason why i 'm not going at the moment, and that is the club did'nt need my money! let me explain

When they closed the itchen corner, i went up to move my seat with two other season ticket holders. When we asked for 3 seats together in the itchen somewhere, we were told they do not have 3 seats next to each other:eek: when i asked if it was possible to view where i would be moved too they said " we do not have the staff " can i book an appointment " we do not have the staff " was the reply ok can i have a refund " of course no problem ":confused: letter sent to club, still no reply:smt076

so after 16 years as a season ticket holder and 6 years as a pay as you go customer (and i missed very few home games and took in as many as i could away ones) i decided F@%k em and the sad thing is i don't miss it, because of the **** that is going on. And i blame one man RUPERT LOWE when he goes i will return no matter where or who we are playing because i bleed RED AND WHITE (i'm not having a pop at you, just wanted to get it off my chest)

I realise some seniors were injured and all rumours cannot be substantiated but, YET AGAIN NICK, do you believe everything Wilde and Lowe say (not much in their media blackout tenure) while you continue (time and time and time again) to defend the dunce duo?! I mean, this forum has a plethora of people connected to Saints and we do hear truths, amongst the made up rumours. It's just whether you want to believe and use common sense and judgement Nick, or you bury your head in the sand and refuse to believe anything. What is your obsession with posting 24/7 and defending the indefensible?!

My tactic, seive through what you hear and try and back it up for yourself, while playing close attention to the club matters in the process. Skacel hasn't played all season and players themselves have been told they were NOT wanted. Try asking some!

Oh, re - the Stern thing- YES! That could be just a rumour but it was the sentiment that prompted the leaving seniors in the cold statement. That can't be disputed!

part of my subconscious motive in some of my arguements is devils advocate, in that there are many rants on here quite frankly based on made up stories and if you challenge those made up stories you are a lowe luvvie or some other childish insult involving his arse. I have posted my views on Lowe and my glee at his departure many times and am concerned about him. I do get fed up with the obsessive conspiracy theories though -and it is not believing Wilde/Lowe either as they haven't commented.

If I don't know the truth about an issue I will keep an open mind not jump on some bandwagon -e.g. player not picked - Lowe must be preventing it.

What are you saying I believe?

I only questioned what is being posted as fact -has it been backed up?

I said I would be concerned about John if he goes.

Bury my head in the sand? THe only thing I don't believe is that Lowe is picking the team.

Players told they are not wanted -yes I believe that. I also would suspect that Lowe being how he is didn't deal with it very well when players didn't go.

What do we know about Skacel situation?

He wanted to leave.

He was in talks with other clubs

JP said he didn't want to base pre-season/early games on players who looked like they were leaving

Skacel transfer fell through

What's happened since then who knows??

and posting 24/7 - totally agreeing been wasting far too much time on here this week - working home on laptop and not concentrating on work nearly enough!

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10786

Last paragraph of that article indicates that Stern may play again on Saturday. Here's hoping anyway!

I'd be gutted if we let Stern go, we could really do with his presence upfront at the minute. Not to mention the fact he's a proven goalscorer at this level. As for Bialkowski, well he's got alot of potential and has shown signs of promise in the past but not of late. Maybe a move would be best for all concerned.

Guest Hacienda

If only everyone was as supa dupa as you.

Before you shoot me, my source is my brother who does contract work at St Marys/Staplewood. He has just told me that...

1. Stern John is going to Bristol City on loan until the end of the season.

2. Bartosz Bialkowski is going on loan to Brighton with Forecast as back up keeper.

He informed me he overheard this while working there today, if he has lied i will kick the s@*t out of him. But his info has been correct in the past.

Is this to get them off the wage bill or first team action(Bart) as Kelvin could be on his way? or is it a chance to play more kids for dear old uncle Ruperts master plan.

Sorry if this is has already been posted

tbh i think bart needs to leave as he is not firing on all cylinders and looks out of his depth,stern on the other hand will be needed here and it would be silly to let him go.

Only the extremely dense can't see it's a combination of things keeping fans away. One of those things is the fact we're sh1te and can't score goals to win games. It's also widely accepted that if we win more games more fans will come back. Now, whose more likely to score those goals? DM or SJ?

Spot on pal.

the sooner we go into administration the better.It will put us all out of our misery.With Lowe and Wilde at the helm we have no hope.This is keeping fans away including myself.I normally go to most games and haven't been once this season.Sh*t football last season,no hope this season and total frustration nearly every time I watch Saints mean i don't enjoy the football anymore hence my absence.

IMHO only a takeover can save this club as the missing fans will not return to watch kids vs men,little hope of seeing their team win,no long term hope with Lowe & Wilde and many fans willing to let the club go into administration and not returning for the previous reasons.

Football is a results game.I will risk this club going into administration as I am fed up to the back teeth of everything about this club at present.

I am sh1te, to be fair.

Still better than DMG though! DMG is one of the laziest little ***ts to ever play for this club and I would loan him to Salisbury if I was JP - then again, I'm not sure he'd even score for a BSP side managed by our FA Cup hero from 76. He did naff all at Vale Park last year too and Paterson must be ahead of him, let alone SJ. I apologise in advance to anyone that has to listen to my foul language at SMS if DMG is in the starting line-up anytime soon again.

the sooner we go into administration the better.It will put us all out of our misery.With Lowe and Wilde at the helm we have no hope.This is keeping fans away including myself.I normally go to most games and haven't been once this season.Sh*t football last season,no hope this season and total frustration nearly every time I watch Saints mean i don't enjoy the football anymore hence my absence.

IMHO only a takeover can save this club as the missing fans will not return to watch kids vs men,little hope of seeing their team win,no long term hope with Lowe & Wilde and many fans willing to let the club go into administration and not returning for the previous reasons.

Football is a results game.I will risk this club going into administration as I am fed up to the back teeth of everything about this club at present.

Trouble is, Wilde and Lowe might buy us back for a pittance and really finish us off. Be careful what you wish for. Worst case scenario is that a Simon Morris type villain buys us and yes that would be worse than Rupert. I'm no fan of the curent board but I'm also realistic.

Before you shoot me, my source is my brother who does contract work at St Marys/Staplewood. He has just told me that...

1. Stern John is going to Bristol City on loan until the end of the season.

Ignoring all the other stuff on this thread, why would John be going on loan to Bristol City? Seems to me that Gary Johnson has sufficient strikers already, would be be expected to drop Adebola, Trundle, Akinde or Maynard?

Sounds like some made up stuff here

If John leaving means we can afford to bring Saga back at some point, I'd drive him to Bristol myself.

If however it is just another cost cutting exercise, then Lowe really needs to be taken out and shot. John's appearance alone may not be enough to bring another 5,000 through the gates, but if we can't find the net and keep getting beatten something - nil, gates could well drop below 10,000.

I think some people are way to trigger happy when it comes to Bart. He has shown previously to be an excellent 'keeper. If someone can screw his head on straight and get his confidence back, he could yet have a big future. He wont reach his prime for probably at least a decade. We might aswell say players like James and Mills are sh*t and should be offloaded pronto.

If John leaving means we can afford to bring Saga back at some point, I'd drive him to Bristol myself.

If however it is just another cost cutting exercise, then Lowe really needs to be taken out and shot. John's appearance alone may not be enough to bring another 5,000 through the gates, but if we can't find the net and keep getting beatten something - nil, gates could well drop below 10,000.

I think some people are way to trigger happy when it comes to Bart. He has shown previously to be an excellent 'keeper. If someone can screw his head on straight and get his confidence back, he could yet have a big future. He wont reach his prime for probably at least a decade. We might aswell say players like James and Mills are sh*t and should be offloaded pronto.

Now you're taling Arizona! I still believe that Saga is the man!

If only everyone was as supa dupa as you.

Oh god, no. Then I won't be the only person that is always right.

I'm quite happy being more "supa dupa".

I'm also happy I renewed early bird as I'm enjoying the refreshing attitude of many of the young players we are now having to rely on. It beats being frustrated at the end of 90 minutes with the performances of a great number of the so-called experienced, quality players we fielded throughout the far more successful campaign last season.

It is going to be hard, but I am convinced that if we stay in the CCC this season, then next year we can go from strength to strength, and we won't be so concerned about having to make cuts, cuts and more cuts.

I would hope more can see the promise and potential and get behind the team. More of them seem to care, so why is it fewer of us do, esp as many bleed "red and white"?

Then you won't be pleased to read that goiing into administration will only serve to strengthen Lowe & Wilde's hold on the club.

Going into administration will also seal the fate of players like Stern, Rusi, Euell, Thomas, surman, Lallana and Davis.

We have already seen that many are refusing to go. Will more come back given the above results of administration?

Then you won't be pleased to read that goiing into administration will only serve to strengthen Lowe & Wilde's hold on the club.

Going into administration will also seal the fate of players like Stern, Rusi, Euell, Thomas, surman, Lallana and Davis.

We have already seen that many are refusing to go. Will more come back given the above results of administration?

All gone before administration, probably as soon as the window opens in Jan. The bank will be sure to strip those assets before they let the administrator through the door.

Are these actually true?

I would be very concerned about losing John, even off form should be good for 12 goals - not sure anyone else looks like that at the mo

Stern isn't very efficient so far this season.True he got injured after about 10 minutes at Doncaster and had to be subbed.Think he's participated in 6 or 7 games in the League and not scored.Still he could have got off the mark in the CCC

with those 2 penalties. I do wonder if he's in hot water for being late back last week. Don't know exactly when he got back or when he was expected though. Seems bizarre to have an international break and still not have everyone available on the Saturday afterwards though.He's 32 next week so that really is pushing on a bit for a hustle and bustle striker.

Let's send back Pekhart, he's ****. Send back Robertson too if we have to. Send back Smith and Gasmi. Don't pimp out Stern.

Pekhart is a goal machine. I read this somewhere, probably the OS!!

On the subject of crowds, as Lowe and Wilde are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO convinced that lowering prices will not increase revenue, presumably they should try rasing prices. instead.

Maybe then we could keep SJ.

Pekhart is a goal machine. I read this somewhere, probably the OS!!

On the subject of crowds, as Lowe and Wilde are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO convinced that lowering prices will not increase revenue, presumably they should try rasing prices. instead.

Maybe then we could keep SJ.

On the lowering of prices it could be that they're going to go for a really heavy- weight half-season ticket campaign from about mid-November onwards.

To be effective, we'd need a couple of decent home wins before the campaign is launched.

On the lowering of prices it could be that they're going to go for a really heavy- weight half-season ticket campaign from about mid-November onwards.

To be effective, we'd need a couple of decent home wins before the campaign is launched.

the way things are at the moment, if we have to wait for a couple of decent home wins sounds like it is more likely to be a one third or one quarter season ticket campaign.......

I hope someone has told JP because last night he said that Stern was our penalty taker from now on!

That or he doesn't think we will get one until his loan has finished and he will come back and take them ;-)

As I said yesterday Morgan is fairly efficient from the spot.

I expect John will play tomorrow,we'll drop him off at Bristol on the way home, that'll save at least £5.50.

It obviously escapes your notice that there are several good reasons why people were happier spending their hard earned cash on watching the likes of ManUre, Arsenal,Liverpool, Chelski,etc. Quite simply, these are some of the best football teams in the World, full of stars. In case it escaped your notice, as well as not seeing those stars, we have got shot of any that we possessed and replaced most of them with kids who were the youth team and reserves last season. And yet the club want the same money to watch them as we paid to watch those Premiership stars.

When we played the likes of those glory teams, invariably they would beat us, but we were good enough to escape relegation for 28 years or so. Now, here we are praying that we escape relegation form the division below.

And if the players would be entitled to ask where the support was when they needed it most, then equally we would be entitled to ask what was the point when even if we gave them that support, the best of them will say ta very much, but I'm off to the Premiership to play for anybody who will give me 2/3/4 times what I'm earning here.

I thought a plastic fan was one who only supported the Glory teams rather than his home club, rather than one who only supported his home club if it was in the Premiership. The true plastics are surely those who deserted us and then followed the Skates or Reading, rather than those who stopped going, often for other reasons than that we were relegated. Anyway, those reasons are the right of any individual, their choice, so I'm not going to pass judgement on them and neither should anybody else.

Hope thats not right we cant afford to let Stern John go

Agreed. McGoldrick needs some more months rebuilding his confidence in the reserves.

John is critical - arguably the only player we have who may just score enough goals to keep us up. His goals per game ratio is one of the best ever for a Saints player.

If this is true - I have no reason to doubt it given Lowe's history of outright foolishness - then I think its time to start singing and producing the banners again.

The other thing that surprises me in all this is that the Brighton Reserve keeper was twice as good as Bart in the game the other night.

He never fumbled once, commanded his area, constantly spoke or shouted ****** to his back four to keep them on their toes and his distribution was as good.

Hobson's choice really,we can't afford to let Stern go

and we can't AFFORD to keep him.

These decision can only be weighed up on a cost/efficiency basis just now.

We've paid him 4 month's salary this financial year, so about 180K I suppose ,for 1 league cup goal and a total of about 5 hours first team football.

To me that's lot of money for very little end product, others will no doubt see it differently.

I see everything like that, cost/end product.

I must admit I am more upset about whingeing fans like you.

The club is in financial trouble and needs support in these bad times.

It appears that lots of fans only want to support when the club is doing well.

Who cares if Stern John goes or stays he is probably like Beattie and Saga a one season wonder and earns too much

Edited by John B

Theres a good reason why i 'm not going at the moment, and that is the club did'nt need my money! let me explain

When they closed the itchen corner, i went up to move my seat with two other season ticket holders. When we asked for 3 seats together in the itchen somewhere, we were told they do not have 3 seats next to each other:eek: when i asked if it was possible to view where i would be moved too they said " we do not have the staff " can i book an appointment " we do not have the staff " was the reply ok can i have a refund " of course no problem ":confused: letter sent to club, still no reply:smt076

so after 16 years as a season ticket holder and 6 years as a pay as you go customer (and i missed very few home games and took in as many as i could away ones) i decided F@%k em and the sad thing is i don't miss it, because of the **** that is going on. And i blame one man RUPERT LOWE when he goes i will return no matter where or who we are playing because i bleed RED AND WHITE (i'm not having a pop at you, just wanted to get it off my chest)

Whoever told you that should be sacked. I am in block 5 my row is pretty empty and the row in front has at least 6 seats together with no season tickets.

We need to sort the Stern John situation ASAP , in my view we should either :

A - Base the team around providing chances for SJ to score the 20 goals a season we all know he's capable of . If he can score enough to keep us up he'll be good value for money .

B - If we're not going to play him at every reasonable opportunity we should transfer him as he's clearly too expensive a player to keep for the occasional 'cameo' appearance as we've seen so far this season .

I prefer Option A as I see Stern John as our last best chance of avoiding relegation this season and the best striker left at the club by so distance , others will of course disagree .

As for Bialkowski I feel it's probably best for both SFC and the player that he finds a new club , clearly one of Forecast , Bart , or Davis has to go for financial reasons and Bart would be my choice .

It appears that lots of fans only want to support when the club is doing well.Who cares if Stern John goes or stays he is probably like Beattie and Saga a one season wonder and earns too much

So how does that stand up seeing that the only thing we have won is the FA cup in 1976, other than that we have never done that well really apart from the odd season, but the numbers kept coming.

These Sundancian post´s really feck me off!

It appears that lots of fans only want to support when the club is doing well.

Who cares if Stern John goes or stays he is probably like Beattie and Saga a one season wonder and earns too much

Unfortunately football is also entertainment and as had been said before, a results business. In an ideal world it would be nice if fans went along and supported their teams no matter how bad the financial status of their club or the quality of the football. However, these days, some people simply do not want to fork out £20+ on watching a team that isn't winning games. As is said, 'winning breeds success' which in football terms is more bums on seats, more revenue for the club, promotion etc.

Whoever told you that should be sacked. I am in block 5 my row is pretty empty and the row in front has at least 6 seats together with no season tickets.

Seems to be a fairly serious allegation to me.I doubt that the facts are as straightforward as they are presented to be. If he wrote to the club and got no reply about not being able to get 3 STs together in the Itchen ,well.....

that would amaze me.

Would Ticket Office care to comment on these "accusations"?

It's true:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=39649.msg0#new

That poster is a friend of Stern's.

I jolly well agree with these good fellows.

Berris

Yes Rass, is Sparrow ..yuh eh see yuh like **** grin.gif ...S'hampton really good oui !! The man saved they MC from relegation last year ,he was they leading goal scorer ,now they say he wages to high and they cyar afford to keep him and yet still they ketching they arse tuh stay outta the bottom 3, but willing to loan out they top goal scorer huh.gif? Like is maturana running dah team or wha huh.gif

Sando prince

BUSS DE NET BRAVO !!!..Tell dem anywhere yuh go de net will get buss

part of my subconscious motive in some of my arguements is devils advocate, in that there are many rants on here quite frankly based on made up stories and if you challenge those made up stories you are a lowe luvvie or some other childish insult involving his arse. I have posted my views on Lowe and my glee at his departure many times and am concerned about him. I do get fed up with the obsessive conspiracy theories though -and it is not believing Wilde/Lowe either as they haven't commented.

If I don't know the truth about an issue I will keep an open mind not jump on some bandwagon -e.g. player not picked - Lowe must be preventing it.

What are you saying I believe?

I only questioned what is being posted as fact -has it been backed up?

I said I would be concerned about John if he goes.

Bury my head in the sand? THe only thing I don't believe is that Lowe is picking the team.

Players told they are not wanted -yes I believe that. I also would suspect that Lowe being how he is didn't deal with it very well when players didn't go.

What do we know about Skacel situation?

He wanted to leave.

He was in talks with other clubs

JP said he didn't want to base pre-season/early games on players who looked like they were leaving

Skacel transfer fell through

What's happened since then who knows??

and posting 24/7 - totally agreeing been wasting far too much time on here this week - working home on laptop and not concentrating on work nearly enough!

Nick, nobody said that Lowe picked the team. What was said was that Lowe wanted McGoldrick to play and excluded Skacel from selection. Also that he issued the instruction for double training sessions. when one of our best young players said he was too knackered and excused, the response was SCW thought there was no problem training twice a day.

When they closed the itchen corner, i went up to move my seat with two other season ticket holders. When we asked for 3 seats together in the itchen somewhere, we were told they do not have 3 seats next to each other:eek: when i asked if it was possible to view where i would be moved too they said " we do not have the staff " can i book an appointment " we do not have the staff " was the reply ok can i have a refund " of course no problem ":confused: letter sent to club, still no reply.

That says to me that the morale inside the club is at a low.