What are you listening to?

Julian H. Cope

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The new Marillion album - An Hour Before It's Dark.

In my eyes one of their best.

A thought provoking mix of social comment from the environment, the pandemic, poverty in Sierra Leone, Leonard Cohen and finally a 4 part suite that finishes with an emotional peaen to care workers that will bring many people to tears (this one included).

The use of the Choir Noir is as inspired touch.

There will be those that say - Marillion ended when Fish left - well to me they started when Fish left - that will be a controversial view and will probably get me some haters - but the band have been going for 33 years with Steve Hogarth up front and lyrically this is a triumph.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Our daughter is currently on holiday in Paris, and was walking round EuroDisney wearing a Black Sabbath T shirt I bought her for her birthday last month. A bloke saw the shirt and asked her "What's your favourite song ?" and she replied "'Fairies Wear Boots', what's yours ?", to which the bloke responded "I don't know any".

• 2 weeks later...

Far from Saints. It's Kelly Jones from the Sterophonics and two people from an american band i'd never heard of. Is excellent. I was never a huge fan of Sterophonics but i can arrogantly give this my stamp of approval 

Edited by Turkish

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Ironsides - The Web.

From their 2023 long player, Changing Light. 

A great album, featuring eight instrumental cuts of lush strings and fat soul beats.

Very reminiscent of Stefano Torossi & Armando Roelens or Ennio Morricone, or even David Axelrod. 

Edited by Block 5
Link

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

This afternoon's workshop background accompaniment was provided by that iconic 80's guitar band, Big Country.

They did a fab OST to the film Restless Natives!

• 2 weeks later...