What are you listening to?

Julian H. Cope

Copey, I think we're about the only people who listen to music any more. I'm about to listen to NWA or something like that,

can i join?

listen to '100 miles and running', their best tune imo

Max Tundra - Parallax Error Beheads You

undisputed king of the prog/jazz/electronica/indie/70s daytime cop theme genre, one of last year's better albums.

Keityh Fullerton Whitman - Anthesis

beautiful droney acousticy loveliness

I am currently listening to a Ska compilation.

'Why must you record my phone calls'.

Great for Dad dancing.

Does this make me hip and groovy.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

It makes me sad to think that I attended my first gig with you at the Uni all those years ago.Icicle Works circa 1985.

Now you look at you.Talks of compilations and Dad dancing.

It saddens me, it really does.

May I suggest that you listen to "Love is a Wonderful Colour" & remember where it all began.

Failing that, try Now 68.

Peace & Love.

I've recently rediscovered Justin Sandercoe on the web to do my coaching on the guitar. And while I'm practising my boring chords and trying to do the changes, I'm listening to Michael Hedges - Aerial Boundaries, again. It is utterly beautiful and melancholic. His acoustic technique is quite wonderful to hear, and it kind of gets me to play for just a few minutes more, while my fingers are hurting. Got to get those hard pads back. Sometimes I might catch him do a chord change that I can do, and it's a real thrill to get it just as he plays it. Tidies up my guitar sound no end. :)

Franz Ferdinand - Tonight

It's on their MySpace, so you can either listen to it on their and buy the physical release or just pirate it. I did the latter. Quite good actually, not much of a change from their normal style but it's still on par with the other two albums. Stand out tracks are Ulysses, No You Girls and What She Came For.

In the last 24 hours I have listened to:

Casio Kids - who were surprisingly good live - much better than their tinny MySpace sound would suggest. They were supporting:

of Montreal - who, as ever, were high camp, hyperactive party greatness - I was tequila-ed though.

White Denim - Workout Holiday - gets better the more I listen to it.

Spoonful by Cream - Wheels of Fire

Eric at his best

Have to say I've always thought Eric Clapton a bit overrated. Not for his technique, just his style and the use he made of his undoubted skill. His music never blew me away as Hendrix did. But he had his high years with Cream. Jack Bruce, I did rate highly and still do. Ginger Baker, I thought was good, mad drummer that The Muppets copied for their show. Anyway, Disraeli Gears is my favourite.

I do love Dance The Night Away and Tales Of Brave Ulysses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lteb--nvuyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAViUGVYTVk