Leicester Away...

Saint_Jonny

Has anyone who got them online earlier this week actually received them yet? First time ever that I haven't got them inside 1 day, let alone 3. Looks like the postman has taken a liking to them.

I was wondering myself whether they would be here today. Hopefully get them on Monday as I am down in London rest of week.

Last time I went to Leicester it was for SKP's debut ... 2-2? but it looked like SKP and Beatts were going to tear the Prem a new one.

We went drinking in The Counting House ? a sort of old mill ( or even maybe counting house!!), which is about midway between the ground (when did it stop being The Crisp Packet Stadium? and The Rugby Ground. With it being a nice day it was great sitting outside, big open beer garden at front of the pub,and just across the road was a large Supermarket which quite a few fans used to buy Supermarket price beer and crisps / sarnies etc and drink in the beer garden. The pub was quite packed inside, had Sky,seemed understaffed but the girls were good looking though!! Can't remember what beers they had on. Pretty friendly locals both before and after the game, no hassle, but that was before our famous yoof had started making a name for themselves, so things might be different nowadays.

Have a great day and feel what it is like being an away fan at SMS - it is virtually indentical.

Still not received out tickets, which we brought on Weds. Swung by the Ticket Office on Sat afternoon and asked if they'd been posted as if not I'd pick then up now. The girl checked and said they'd been printed and so she assumed they'd been posted. She told me if I'd not received them by Weds to phone up and they'd check with Leicester what they wanted to do about a re-issue.

It's all a bit strange as the money came out of my bank a/c on Weds and usually the tickets are with you within two days.

Anyone know of reasonable car parking near the ground?

try this site...

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leicester_city/

>>> Allow yourself a little extra time to get to the ground as traffic does tend to get quite congested near the stadium. Plenty of street parking to be found (especially around the Upperton Road area and on streets running off the A5460 by the railway bridge. It is then around a 15 minute walk to the stadium), although as Greg Barclay warns; 'don't double park as the traffic wardens tend to have a field day at every match'. Alternatively you can park at Leicester Rugby Club (£3) which is a ten minute walk away from the stadium.