Next 5 games... how many points?

gjphilsaint

Coventry and Preston are must win games for us i think. The other 3 i can't see anything coming our way as Wolves and Reading are dangerous teams who i expect to go up this year. Bristol City are a good team and were unlucky last year so this one is a hard one to call, i think we can get a draw in that one. So i'm saying 7 points from 15. However if we lose tonight and at Preston i think Jan will be gone.

These points explain why they dont bother going to games. We have so far gained 4 points out of the first two games. This exactly wht the missing 15000 should get thier heads out od thier arses and support thteam. I go because i know they are better than recent results suggest. Turn up believe and support your clu, things will change

It cuts both ways - loose a couple of games and suddenly we stand no chance of winning anything again ever. Beat Derby by a solitary goal and suddenly we are a team of world-beaters who are going to WTL.

Football supporters generally are a bunch hysterical headless chickens and women:smt076

These points explain why they dont bother going to games. We have so far gained 4 points out of the first two games. This exactly wht the missing 15000 should get thier heads out od thier arses and support thteam. I go because i know they are better than recent results suggest. Turn up believe and support your clu, things will change

But it's not just the last two games, is it? We only have one home league in 7 so far this season so maybe our playing style is best suited to away games. Unfortunately we are not playing well at home and until this issue is resolved we will not be getting the bums on seats that the club needs.

But it's not just the last two games, is it? We only have one home league in 7 so far this season so maybe our playing style is best suited to away games. Unfortunately we are not playing well at home and until this issue is resolved we will not be getting the bums on seats that the club needs.

Not sure it's our style of play, more the pressure of playing at home with a negative atmoshphere and young players fear of making a mistake, missing a chance or failing with a pass and then hearing the groans. I am sure they would fair far better at home, were there to be a full house cheering them on creating a platform for them to try things and be more positive.

Confidence is key in football and the crowd can play a big part in that, hence we seem to do better away from home, good positive atmosphere, singing from start to finish, just a thought!

• 3 weeks later...

Its actaully getting worse amongst the anti-Lowe obsessives to the point where they appear to want the team to lose just to feed their obsession. Unfortunately none of us can choose who else follows the club, but its clear that some people just follow it and others support it.

I wouldn't even begin to predict what Saints will get in points over the next 5 games. One thing I'm sure of though; it'll be between 15 and 0.

These sort of posts should be posted once a level of consistency is reached.

might stick my neck out and narrow it down to between 2 and 11.

Would you like to comment on the situation now

I'll comment on it seeing as my prediction of 7 points was right.

Winning this game prooves we can play 4-4-2. We played fantastic football, the best ive seen this season. But this doesnt change our situation at all. The next game will be an indicator if were a 1 win in 9 team or a team who can start to be persistant and grind out some results team. I hope we push on from this result i really do but for that to happen we have to stop losing games and start winning our home games. 7 points from 15 is not something to be proud of, the display today is.