Next 5 games... how many points?

gjphilsaint

Tuesday, 28 October 2008

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Southampton v Coventry, 19:45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 01 November 2008

Preston v Southampton, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 08 November 2008

Southampton v Bristol City, 17:20

Saturday, 15 November 2008

Southampton v Wolverhampton, 15:00

Saturday, 22 November 2008

Reading v Southampton, 15:00

Coventry - they've got the beating of us.

Preston - we may stick 11 behind the ball and kelvin might scrape us a 0-0.

Bristol City - as it's at home we may nick a point, but i doubt it.

Wolves - they'll beat us easily.

Reading - they'll embarrass us easily.

Therefore 1 point if we're lucky.

Coventry: they blow hot & cold...but their last gasp injury time equaliser against Derby on Saturday will fill them with confidence somewhat. Having said that - we are at home - so a draw.

Preston: we always do crap away at Preston - and I see no reason why that shouldn't continue! Nothing from the game.

Bristol City: good side who haven't yet found last season's form. Well - that is until they play us of course! Away win then.

Wolves: going extremely well in 2nd place & will be hard to see us getting anything from the game...except a tonking of course!

Reading: away. Say no more...except try to keep it in single figures lads!

Therefore 1 point if we're lucky.

3 points

0 points

1 point

1 point

0 points

So a grand total of 5 points for me (just a bit down on Jan's 6 or 7 wins or whatever it was)

Tuesday, 28 October 2008

As we are not scoring golas I cannot see us gaining any thing from these games. 1 or 2 shots on goal , team lacking in confidence, teams already know how we are going to play ...1 up front , tap it about in the centre circle nicely. UNLESS Jan has a change of tatics...6 games ...lucky to get 1 point

Lloyd James is just shocking - he can't even run properly !! The whole team needs a complete re-think.

The worrying thing for me is where will the goals come from ?! DM and BWP can't hit a barn door, Pekhart and Robertson and much too lightweight - with Surman the only player who seems to know where the goal is. Sad days indeed.

Tuesday, 28 October 2008

Having been tonked by them of recent, I feel we will be on the end of another mauling. Prediction 0 - 2

Being our bogey team, we will not win, I fear another loss 2 - 0

Good that it is at home, not sure if SJ will be allowed to play, however, if he is, he will score fo' sho'. Prediction 1 - 1

We will get tonked, a free scoring Wolves side against a team unable to defend. Prediction 0 - 4

Mauling 5 - 0

Tuesday, 28 October 2008

Southampton 0-2 Coventry, 19:45

Preston 3-1 Southampton, 15:00

Southampton 0-2 Bristol City, 17:20

Southampton 0-3 Wolverhampton, 15:00

Reading 5-0 Southampton, 15:00

0 points, 1 goal scored.

By the end of this round of games we will dispense with our current manager and will embark on the latest saga of this whole sorry affair.. but with an even more annonymous person at the helm. Players will continue to be loaned out and other prepared for the Jan transfer window until all we have left is the academy left overs. I remember many of us thinking our academy players could walk this league when we were relegated. Now we get to watch this happen but safe in the knowledge that we already mknow the sorry answer. Oh by the way... the rest of the CCC will have broken away from the bottom 3 or 4 leaving us to wait for the inevitable.. meanwhile we all wait here hoping that a takeover emerges... anyone read "Waiting for Godot"????

The great thing about football is no one can predict for sure what's going to happen. Saints could win every game 3-0 or lose 0-3 that's how close this league is. We've yet to be out played by any team this season, the reason we keep losing is all down to poor finishing. If we address this we will be fine. We're creating chances which is a big positive.

As for the 5 next games on our current form the maximum we're going to get out of these games is 2 points - but the reason we all show up every week is cos we don't really know what's going to happen, we may even be sat happily in mid table in a months time?

I'm going for the half full option rather than half empty. Cheers

Have you seen any games? So losing 3-0 or 4-1 isn't being 'outplayed' ????

Not by definition it isn't.

If you saw the 4-1 against QPR and the 3-0 against Watford we weren't outplayed.

As for the 4-1 against Coventry and the 3-0 against Swansea then yes we were.

Exactly. Scores don't always reflect things very well. I've seen saints outplay teams and draw 0-0 or lose 0-1, but I've also seen us play very poorly and win or draw. At QPR it was an even game until the sending off, and then a superb 25 minutes or more from the 10 men, only to be destroyed by an offside goal. Nothing can be done about that. They got acouple of late goals as the 10 men pushed forward and left gaps. **** happens. But the same score at coventry occured because we were abysmal and failed to get it right in any area of the pitch.

We beat Norwich, We beat Brum in the cup, we beat Derby and we beat Doncaster, so we CAN beat Coventry tomorrow night. We can also get stuffed. My only advice would be avoid betting on saints.

Probably the greatest example of this (for us 'old farts' anyway) was the 1976 FA Cup Final against a mighty, International-laden team of stars that was Tommy Doc's Manchester United. They were odds-on red hot favourites to win - and boy did we ride our luck at times. Talk about under the cosh. Of course - we all know what happened & the result went down in footballing history. I don't know why I'm posting this as it bears hardly any relevance to today's SFC...but hey! - us oldies do have our happy memories of when it was actually FUN to support Southampton FC...

Tuesday, 28 October 2008

Southampton v Coventry, 19:45 Lose 2-1

Preston v Southampton, 15:00 Lose 4-0

Southampton v Bristol City, 17:20 Draw 1-1

Southampton v Wolverhampton, 15:00 Lose 3-1

Lose 3-0

Lose 4, draw 1. Goals for 3 Goals against 13