Car broken in to tonight!

hamster

I am very very pee'd off.

I go to SMS with a friend who is disabled, (partially sighted and finds it very difficult to walk long distances). We try to park close to the ground because of this.

Anyway, tonight, after the game, we got back to my car to find some selfish little ****er had decided that it was in their best interest to smash the passenger window, rifle through the car and **** off into the night. Thanks a ****ing lot you little ****!

I genuinely had no way of clearing the glass to make it safe for him to sit in the passenger seat. I had to virtually lift him into the rear seat, and to cap it all I cut my ****ing hand on the shards of glass that I had to clear up. ****s!

The police were really good and arrived fairly quickly, but I am very very ****ed off.

According to the police though, I am supposed to be thankful that they didn't steal my mates Blue Badge! Christ on a ****ing bike!

I am going to bed now, and hopefully will wake up in a much better mood, but probably will not.

****s!

Yes, I just love the way the Police try to make you feel better by telling you it could have been far worse. Just catch the f*****s, then we'll feel a little bit better.

What's the usual excuse..? Oh we know who's doing it, but we have no proof and we need to catch them in the act. Well..? Catch them in the bloody act then..? :mad:

My sympathies Hamster. Hope you feel a tiny bit better that someone knows the frustration and anger you almost certainly have bottled up inside.

Following up the Police 'sympathy' angle; I once had four tyres slashed outside The Golden Hind in Eastleigh (anyone remember that place?) so I called the local OB who asked, "What do you want us to do? Arrest him for stealing your air?"

Fill in the rest with lots of asterisks.

there were 2 stewards' cars that that happened to also last night,also close to the ground.........this follows a similar incident a couple of games ago ,too......

it seems that the perpertrators know that people will be away from their cars for for a good couple of hours.........

the police should do patrols round that area, as this is becoming a regular occurance on matchdays.:mad:

Following up the Police 'sympathy' angle; I once had four tyres slashed outside The Golden Hind in Eastleigh (anyone remember that place?) so I called the local OB who asked, "What do you want us to do? Arrest him for stealing your air?"

similar incident happened to me and my neighbours. Some idiot decided to slash at least 2 tyres on every car in one night. 6 cars in total. Called the police all they could say was do you know who might have done it... well if I knew that I wouldnt be calling was what I really wanted to say to them

I go to SMS with a friend who is disabled, (partially sighted and finds it very difficult to walk long distances). We try to park close to the ground because of this.

Anyway, tonight, after the game, we got back to my car to find some selfish little ****er had decided that it was in their best interest to smash the passenger window, rifle through the car and **** off into the night. Thanks a ****ing lot you little ****!

I genuinely had no way of clearing the glass to make it safe for him to sit in the passenger seat. I had to virtually lift him into the rear seat, and to cap it all I cut my ****ing hand on the shards of glass that I had to clear up. ****s!

The police were really good and arrived fairly quickly, but I am very very ****ed off.

According to the police though, I am supposed to be thankful that they didn't steal my mates Blue Badge! Christ on a ****ing bike!

I am going to bed now, and hopefully will wake up in a much better mood, but probably will not.

****s!

Where was your car parked? What street?

Yes, I just love the way the Police try to make you feel better by telling you it could have been far worse. Just catch the f*****s, then we'll feel a little bit better.

What's the usual excuse..? Oh we know who's doing it, but we have no proof and we need to catch them in the act. Well..? Catch them in the bloody act then..? :mad:

My sympathies Hamster. Hope you feel a tiny bit better that someone knows the frustration and anger you almost certainly have bottled up inside.

To be honest, I think people must think the Police have special powers and they just choose not to use them. I sympathize with the OP, as getting your car broken into isn't nice especially in his circumstances. To be fair, he is lucky they didn't steal his blue badge, it's worth something.

However, how the f*ck does anyone think the Police can catch the person who did it? If you didn't see it and can't give a description, how on earth can they do anything? Even then, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Re: the other posts about tyres being slashed, again what do you want the Police to do? What can they do? Have a bobby on every street corner? Cameras? Then we'd all be moaning about how we've got no privacy, how it's 1984 - they just can't win.

The Old Bill don't do themselves many favours sometimes, but people expect too much, they really do.

...have a bobby on every street corner..?

Yes indeed, have a police presence that is visible. The police are so busy blasting up the road, with every unit joining in, they leave the field clear for criminals to do their work. I bet burglars rub their hands with glee when they see police cars shooting by. They know they can do their work in peace.

Yes, a visible Poilce presence, on the street, wouldn't find more crime. Because by their very presence, there would be less crime committed. And that's the whole point isn't it..?

:lol: I'd have gone f*ckin ape****.

I can remember having my phone stolen and finding the person who did it. I could have sorted it out myself, but decided to do the right thing. I phoned the police, they took my details and came to see me 3 days later! I was then stuck in a room with some silly bint for 2 hours writing a statement. They took my phone away from me for 3 weeks to do 'forensics' on it too. The f*cker got absolutely nothing for it.

Edited by thesaint sfc

:lol: I'd have gone f*ckin ape****.

I can remember having my phone stolen and finding the person who did it. I could have sorted it out myself, but decided to do the right thing. I phoned the police, they took my details and came to see me 3 days later! I was then stuck in a room with some silly bint for 2 hours writing a statement. They took my phone away from me for 3 weeks to do 'forensics' on it too. The f*cker got absolutely nothing for it.

....but you still know the person who did it. Get round his house and smash him up.

Similar kind of reaction when I got attacked by a dog when I was out running near the Muni golf course. I literally ran about 400yds with a f***in' dog hanging off my arse. I 'phoned the police about it when I got in (dripping blood all over the living room carpet, my arse, running shirt and shorts in tatters) and was told it was my own fault for running too close to the owners....

Sorry, little off topic, but I've had cars broken into and I feel your pain Hamster....Sympathy to you.

Hope you have a no-claims protection on your insurance

Yep, £65 glass excess though (protecetd NCD). Should be fixed tomorrow as they have to order it in.

there were 2 stewards' cars that that happened to also last night,also close to the ground.........this follows a similar incident a couple of games ago ,too......

it seems that the perpertrators know that people will be away from their cars for for a good couple of hours.........

the police should do patrols round that area, as this is becoming a regular occurance on matchdays.:mad:

Car parked behind me was done too! Chap had to drive back to Swindon with no window.

Ironically, there were 3 traffick wardens (officers/fascists/ or whatever they are called nowadays), who saw a woman leaning into both cars from their van. They followed her and noted the house that she went into. They refused to say which house, until the police arrived. The police took both of our details and then told us that the 'witnesses' didn't see her 'actually' break the windows. They would call at the house when we had gone, but unless she actually said that she'd done it, there hands would be tied. Maybe it is wrong of me to make the assumption that it was her, but if it was....sleep well.

Where was your car parked? What street?

Seriously Denzil?

Vigilante (sp) patrols?

Bet your glad you don't live in that sh*t Hole down the road,,,,HO!

Love your humour normally Mack, but not right now mate, cheers.

I'ts not the crime of the century, £65 down, cold drive home, 1 cut finger. I will breathe deeply, count to 10 and let it go now.

PS

Thanks for kind words folki.

Yep, £65 glass excess though (protecetd NCD). Should be fixed tomorrow as they have to order it in.

Car parked behind me was done too! Chap had to drive back to Swindon with no window.

Ironically, there were 3 traffick wardens (officers/fascists/ or whatever they are called nowadays), who saw a woman leaning into both cars from their van. They followed her and noted the house that she went into. They refused to say which house, until the police arrived. The police took both of our details and then told us that the 'witnesses' didn't see her 'actually' break the windows. They would call at the house when we had gone, but unless she actually said that she'd done it, there hands would be tied. Maybe it is wrong of me to make the assumption that it was her, but if it was....sleep well.

Seriously Denzil?

Vigilante (sp) patrols?

Love your humour normally Mack, but not right now mate, cheers.

I'ts not the crime of the century, £65 down, cold drive home, 1 cut finger. I will breathe deeply, count to 10 and let it go now.

PS

Thanks for kind words folki.

Just glad it wasn't my car as I live in Warwick and it would have been an unpleasant journey back. I've been parking in the same spot for years and touchwood my car has not been broken into. Many years ago though I picked up an old TV from my mother in law's ready to take to the local TV hospital the next day. I got home very late and inadvertantly left it in the car fully intending to take it into my house. The next morning it had gone with a window smashed in that cost me £40 and I could not claim for the TV on my insurance as it wasn't covered being left in the car. The only thing the police could do was give me an incident number for insurances purposes (which as I pointed out above was invalid anyway). Not a lot more the OB could do really. Just as well the TV was old and sick.

Seriously Denzil?

Vigilante (sp) patrols?

The evidence would be circumstantial as it's entirely possible that this woman merely discovered both cars broken into. In my 20 years of working for the OB I have rarely come across a woman breaking into a car, it's normally youths that are responsible.

Was there no request for scenes of crime officer to examine the car for prints? If they have made an untidy search then then if there is a chance that the ****head that did this has left prints and at the very least they should have suggested it.

Our force relies a lot on the car owners taken their cars to main stations for printing where possible. They only need one good print and you can bet your arse that whoever did this is on record somewhere.

As the woman was seen leaning into the cars there is no reason that she cannot be spoken to either as a witness or a suspect.

I'm afraid the police, like any other organisation has its share of lazy sods.

I'm afraid the police, like any other organisation has its share of lazy sods.

stthrobber, the occifers were extremely pleasant and I really do not envy them (or yourself), dealing with the scumbags that roam our streets nowadays. Whilst giving my deatils, I mentioned to the lady officer that I was busting for a pee, she told me to hop over a nearby fence and go in bushes! That is what I call customer service.

As for dusting the car for prints, they did give the car a good visual,and I suppose that in their opinion there was little prospect of prints due to the 'smash and grab' style used.

****s!

What do you expect . The Stadium is in a slum area, anything that ain't nailed down will be nicked, whatever isn't nicked will be smashed up.

stthrobber, the occifers were extremely pleasant and I really do not envy them (or yourself), dealing with the scumbags that roam our streets nowadays. Whilst giving my deatils, I mentioned to the lady officer that I was busting for a pee, she told me to hop over a nearby fence and go in bushes! That is what I call customer service.

As for dusting the car for prints, they did give the car a good visual,and I suppose that in their opinion there was little prospect of prints due to the 'smash and grab' style used.

Oh I'm sure they were nice enough but if persons have been inside the car and there is a chance that prints were left, then the car should be examined. The only time I would suggest otherwise is where it has been raining and any prints on the outside would have been washed away.

An inside examination is always worth it, after all, the officers themselves don't do it, so it's no skin off their nose

.. if persons have been inside the car and there is a chance that prints were left....

An inside examination is always worth it, after all, the officers themselves don't do it, so it's no skin off their nose

The rummaging was done through the broken window, both doors were still locked when I got back. They may well have pushed the button down when they finished?

It's surprising how you don't think straight until later, and I am now thinking I should have took it to the station myself, especially as there were others done in the area. I hope they at least dusted a couple (get me, talking the talk).

As an aside, I was surprised at the amount of people who have told me privately, how I have missed a good opportinity to claim for laptop, satnav, suits, jackets, sunglasses etc. Maybe it's just me, but there must be some 'creative' claims submitted nowadays! My first thought was relief that they DIDN'T nick my mates blue badge, when I should have been thinking FRAUD apparently. Silly me!

Its due to people claiming for tom, d!ck and harry's sat nav, car stero and handbag that never were that our insurance rises each year.

I guess it's up to you if you decide to 'reward' yourself with a justification for paying more each year or remain truthful.

While I would not invent things to report as stolen, I may exagerate things. For example, just after I past my licence many moons ago, I picked up a hellova bargain. A D reg red Ford Fiesta that had done 38k miles. It was in mint condition and driven only by an old biddy once a day to the shops. The car was written off in a collision where some gimp went into the back of my car.

I claimed for whiplash and got a couple of hundred quid for it, but only because the amount the insurance people would pay out for my car was far below what I paid for it only 6 months prior, and also what it was worth (there wasnt many to compare it to). I do not feel guilty at this, as it was not my choice for the car to be ruined, and so I sould not be left in a worse off state, even if they were saying what they were paying me for the car was market value.

As an aside, I was surprised at the amount of people who have told me privately, how I have missed a good opportinity to claim for laptop, satnav, suits, jackets, sunglasses etc. Maybe it's just me, but there must be some 'creative' claims submitted nowadays! My first thought was relief that they DIDN'T nick my mates blue badge, when I should have been thinking FRAUD apparently. Silly me!

AH but IF the Insurance company find out then they will put you on a black list and

you will have great difficulty insuring anything in the future.

There also needs to be a suitable surface from which to obtain a print. I've been an unresolved statistic three times now.

Let me guess you were in a hurry and had something on display in your car that prompted the vermin to investigate further?

Added to that I bet you had Saints stickers all over your car and the incident took place whilst you were at the game?

Were everyone’s cars around you broken into? It does not take rocket science to understand the measures you could take to avoid such a situation.

It has happened to me at football and trust me you do learn the hard way! :(