It really is time to bring back the death penalty

alpine_saint

Is there a bigger attention seeking troll on this forum than alpine_saint?

He is actually making a very good point yet as usual the forum superstars are coming up with sarcastic and belittling responses rather than come up with any suitable alternative.

I am sure Verbal would be chomping at the bit for public hanging if the child was black though.

I would have the death penalty when there is no doubt what so ever

Yes, I would too. And show it Live on TV. How would you kill the bad people?

Hanging?

Lethal injection?

Shot?

Burned alive?

Electric Chair?

Cut off head?

What, because I dont agree with you and refuse to see murdered toddlers reduced to the ranks of statistical blips ?

No because you come out with pathetic comments like that. Your basic stance in this thread has been "if you don't agree with me then you condone child murder". It is absolutely pathetic. Equally pathetic, but much more offensive, as your repetitive "I wasn't at the match but my opinion is unchallengable" doom mongering on the post-match reaction threads.

Yes, I would too. And show it Live on TV. How would you kill the bad people?

Hanging?

Lethal injection?

Shot?

Burned alive?

Electric Chair?

Cut off head?

Not lethal injection. Why should it be painless ?

Electric chair or gas chamber for me. Especially like the latter, the panicky holding of breath as you hear the fizzing of the acid under the chair...

He is actually making a very good point yet as usual the forum superstars are coming up with sarcastic and belittling responses rather than come up with any suitable alternative.

I am sure Verbal would be chomping at the bit for public hanging if the child was black though.

oh here is the forum prima donna, sure to add value to any debate.

Not lethal injection. Why should it be painless ?

Electric chair or gas chamber for me. Especially like the latter, the panicky holding of breath as you hear the fizzing of the acid under the chair...

I'm all for an eye for an eye etc so to be executed the way they killed the victim.

No because you come out with pathetic comments like that. Your basic stance in this thread has been "if you don't agree with me then you condone child murder". It is absolutely pathetic. Equally pathetic, but much more offensive, as your repetitive "I wasn't at the match but my opinion is unchallengable" doom mongering on the post-match reaction threads.

Nope, thats your interpretation of it. I think some people on here are comforting themselves and base their opinion on a supposed lack of frenquency of such crimes. I wonder if their opinion would change (I pray that it never happens) if they were ever personally affected ???

What a bizarre thread.

Alpine, if your brain really does function in the way your ramblings suggest then I recommend some sort of protective custody and treatment for you. You really seem to struggle with pretty elementary logical concepts in a way which one would not expect an adult to do. Seriously, you might be a mentalist.

B*llocks. People like you were banging on about their innocence from the second they were convicted. Hardly bang-to-rights, was it ?

I'm sure people like him are really sorry for 'banging' on about people convicted for crimes they didn't commit. Would you have preferred it if they were still in jail or dead for crimes they didn't commit?! Of course not, so your language should be toned down.

No. You are supposed to think that even 11 year old girls commit brutal double murders. She was released aged 24, had a daughter and hasnt re-offended. Would you have killed her?

No, because a small doubt in my mind of her awareness at that age.

A couple of years older, I would have said yes.

I must admit I like the idea of a lack of fixed execution method, but instead locking in a soundproof room with an assorted selection of the victims relatives.

If it was anyone on here the murderer wouldn't die though, they'd spend the whole time trying to understand and empathise with them as to why they did it.

If it was anyone on here the murderer wouldn't die though, they'd spend the whole time trying to understand and empathise with them as to why they did it.

just like terrorists...........they don't want them in jail, they want to show compassion...yet I bet they wanted evil rupert murdoch in the slammer..

they = forum super stars

No, because a small doubt in my mind of her awareness at that age.

A couple of years older, I would have said yes.

What about if one of the Fridl kids who lived in the dungeon all their childhood turns out to have a personality disorder as a result and murders someone. Death penalty?

Nope, thats your interpretation of it. I think some people on here are comforting themselves and base their opinion on a supposed lack of frenquency of such crimes. I wonder if their opinion would change (I pray that it never happens) if they were ever personally affected ???

It's not about lack of frequency at all. It's about having an effective system and the death penalty is proven to be ineffective.

And if I was ever affected, it is possible(I don't know, because thankfully it has never happened and I hope it never will) that I would want death upon the murderers who took one of my loved ones... but that's exactly why we shouldn't do it. Those who are victims don't think rationally when it comes to punishment. The law must be blind and fair and NOT motivated by revenge.

I'm sure people like him are really sorry for 'banging' on about people convicted for crimes they didn't commit. Would you have preferred it if they were still in jail or dead for crimes they didn't commit?! Of course not, so your language should be toned down.

Listen you stupid tw*t, this woman put a film of her doing it on SKYPE.

Where's the f**king doubt that she did it ??

Being honest, I would have sentenced to death people like Myra Hindley, Ian Brady, Fred West, the caretaker guy etc., i.e. where there is absolute certainty and there really is no hope that you could rid them of the evil thought process. You simply can't!

But in this instance, she's disgusting and stupid, but you couldn't kill her for it. She should be beaten. Well okay, sent to prison for a long time.

It's not about lack of frequency at all. It's about having an effective system and the death penalty is proven to be ineffective.

And if I was ever affected, it is possible(I don't know, because thankfully it has never happened and I hope it never will) that I would want death upon the murderers who took one of my loved ones... but that's exactly why we shouldn't do it. Those who are victims don't think rationally when it comes to punishment. The law must be blind and fair and NOT motivated by revenge.

Blind - check

Fair - well, that's what we are debating here

Motivated by Revenge - Well if its determined to be fair, this is irrelevant.

Why don't you cut out the abuse. Andy's point is a good one - entirely missed in your fit of pique.

No its not. The tired old argument against the death penalty is the miscarriage of justice argument. In this case it has nothing to do with it. You all know that because she filmed it, so you've moved on to "well, she must be mental then" without actually having a clue if this is the case.

You lot try to find excuses for everything; something or someone else to blame.

Listen you stupid tw*t, this woman put a film of her doing it on SKYPE.

Where's the f**king doubt that she did it ??

Please, why the insults? I do not resort to insulting you. I address your points politely, so please do the same for mine. I was talking about the specific case of the Birmingham Six and your language in relation to it almost as if saying an innocent person was innocent was wrong(use of the phrase 'banging on'.)

In regards to this case, where clearly a heinous and evil murder has been committed and there is clearly no doubt, my opinion remains the same for reasons already stated including the right of the state to take away life and justice not motivated by revenge.

Now please, if you do reply treat my comments with the same respect I treated your comment. Needlessly adding 'you stupid ****' adds nothing to your point.

Blind - check

Fair - well, that's what we are debating here

Motivated by Revenge - Well if its determined to be fair, this is irrelevant.

But the case hasn't even come to court yet! And your last sentence makes absolutely no sense.

When the death penalty was abolished the British people were told that murder would carry a life sentance. The establishment have gone back on their word and that is why their is so much resentment from the British people. Murderers out in 10-15 years, it's a disgrace. We are supposed to be a civilised country, hense the lack of a death penalty, yet how are we civilised when we let murderers out so early.

Life should mean life, end of. That was the trade off promised to the British people in return for the abolishment of hanging.

Of course the death penalty doesn't deter crime. But what it does do is two fold. One; it gets rid of scum bags like Huntly and two; it can be used as a trade off. Take the Lawernce case,. I'm sure Dobson or Norris would give up the other racist thugs if it meant a lesser sentance. ie, Death penalty or give the other 3 up and serve life. It also helps with a plea, plea guilty and serve life, plead innocent ,get found guilty and you'll swing.......

No its not. The tired old argument against the death penalty is the miscarriage of justice argument. In this case it has nothing to do with it. You all know that because she filmed it, so you've moved on to "well, she must be mental then" without actually having a clue if this is the case.

You lot try to find excuses for everything; something or someone else to blame.

So why do you resort so readily to abuse?

And how many times have the 'obvious' criminals turned out to be nothing of the kind. Is the boyfriend innocent, as he claims, of encouraging it? What was the state of mind of the woman at the time of the killing? What's her history? Was the skype recorded? etc etc.

But no - for you, it's simple: boil all bunnies. Kill the guilty, the ultimately proven innocent, the mentally incompetent...just KILL!!! and magically everything will be right with the world

I think the main question is the intent behind it. If there was intent and she was mentally fit to understand her actions then it's murder and she Should face the consequences. If not then there are extenuating circumstances. It's not that difficult.

Dont think anyone is disputing that. The question is, do you have the death penalty at all, and if you do would you use it for crimes like this?

What about if one of the Fridl kids who lived in the dungeon all their childhood turns out to have a personality disorder as a result and murders someone. Death penalty?

This is just a variation on the "there must be an underlying explanation" argument.

What about that Norwegian tw*t who killed 70-odd kids ? The psychologists say there is nothing wrong with him.

Stick him in a very expensive five-star cell for the rest of his life, knowing he has no value and brings no value to society, or fry his f**king brains until his eyes pop out and he sh*ts himself with 50,000volts ??

I know which one I vote for.

Nope, thats your interpretation of it.

That's exactly your stance.

In response to buctootim saying that he'd have three strikes resulting in a death penalty (instead of other punishments) you said

You'd let 2 other babies suffer this fate before doing something about it?

In response to me saying that criminals don't think ahead when commiting crime you said

Yep, criminals are victims...

In response to me pointing out that muderers don't think about punishment when committing murder you said

people like anothersaintinsouthsea will make sure I get a nice flat, loads of money, and plenty of understanding

In response to Verbal pointing out that statistics were a better indicator of crime levels that an individual's perception you said

Bet you and Sharon Shoesmith would get on great with your pie charts

In response to me criticising you for being an attention seeking troll you said

What, because I dont agree with you and refuse to see murdered toddlers reduced to the ranks of statistical blips ?

Really really pathetic.

When the death penalty was abolished the British people were told that murder would carry a life sentance. The establishment have gone back on their word and that is why their is so much resentment from the British people. Murderers out in 10-15 years, it's a disgrace. We are supposed to be a civilised country, hense the lack of a death penalty, yet how are we civilised when we let murderers out so early.

Life should mean life, end of. That was the trade off promised to the British people in return for the abolishment of hanging.

Of course the death penalty doesn't deter crime. But what it does do is two fold. One; it gets rid of scum bags like Huntly and two; it can be used as a trade off. Take the Lawernce case,. I'm sure Dobson or Norris would give up the other racist thugs if it meant a lesser sentance. ie, Death penalty or give the other 3 up and serve life. It also helps with a plea, plea guilty and serve life, plead innocent ,get found guilty and you'll swing.......

Good post.

But if such life vs. no life trade offs were done, it could again be used by the state to abuse its position.

i.e

Interrogator: Tell us this guy is guilty or we will kill you.

I don't think that is a desirable circumstance.

This is just a variation on the "there must be an underlying explanation" argument.

What about that Norwegian tw*t who killed 70-odd kids ? The psychologists say there is nothing wrong with him.

Stick him in a very expensive five-star cell for the rest of his life, knowing he has no value and brings no value to society, or fry his f**king brains until his eyes pop out and he sh*ts himself with 50,000volts ??

But enough about your visits to Mistress Ball-crusher, what do you really think?

In response to buctootim saying that he'd have three strikes resulting in a death penalty (instead of other punishments) you said

In response to me saying that criminals don't think ahead when commiting crime you said

In response to me pointing out that muderers don't think about punishment when committing murder you said

In response to Verbal pointing out that statistics were a better indicator of crime levels that an individual's perception you said

Really really pathetic.

I feel the same about your bleeding-heart liberal opinion. I've bet you've already forgotten what happened to this baby in carrying out this crusade..

Dont think anyone is disputing that. The question is, do you have the death penalty at all, and if you do would you use it for crimes like this?

As DD says, when there is no doubt whatsoever (such as filming the f*cking thing) and when it's crimes against children, acts of terrorism or serial killers. Huntley should have hung for example.

Any cold blooded murder should also be considered. It shouldn't be on the say so of one judge either, after conviction it should go to three judges, after the first judge has made his decision, as they do in the court of appeal. Barristers can then argue it out with the three judges.

Stick him in a Travellodge?

I would probably sentence the Norwegian to death too, though by lethal injection. But generally I would say first offences you get the benefit of doubt that it was a momentary loss of control, or a freak unintended consequence. The three strikes rule deals with that by showing persistence of behaviour, the failure of incaceration to alter behaviour and guilt beyond all reasonable doubt (the odds of three unjust guilty verdicts are astronomical).

I feel the same about your bleeding-heart liberal opinion. I've bet you've already forgotten what happened to this baby in carrying out this crusade..

You really are totally out of order here. Just because he does not want to reinstate the death penalty, it doesn't mean he is heartless and doesn't care.

Really really pathetic.

and you said Alps is an attention seeker. If this isn't an "ohh look at me" post what is?!!