Pompey: Finances are boring!

TopGun

1. Difficult for my mummy to call me to take her tea as she's been dead for sevaral years.

2. The sheds at the back of Fratton Park were knocked down.

3. Jesus Christ Mavis, how many times do I have to spell it out for you morons, the gossip I post is pulled from various websites and newspapers. Do you genuinely think I believe every rumour linking us with a player on crap like Tribal Football? If I did I'd think we'd have a squad of about 400 players you gimp. The reason I'm not posting any at the moment is (can you guess, you poor old senile, incontinent duffer?) because the transfer window is still 2 months away and there's not a lot of rumours out there at the moment. LOL. No doubt the amount of rumours will go down anyway now that Redknapp has left.

4. You still haven't told me when I "disappeared" or when the "going got rough". Care to enlighten me?

1. Getting ****ty? I would have thought the smilies at the end of the posts indicated the exact opposite. Just replying to comments and asking some questions of my own. Which most on here don't seem to have answers to.

2. Broadband in caravans. How original. Are you the founder of the Southampton branch of the Oscar Wilde appreciation society?

Oh look at her.

You have posted how it was a done deal about the stadium being started. that was 2 years ago. You then come on and give it the big one how the super stadium is to be built and 3 groups going to take you over, and all have been dud.

When you are going to be in the market for L1 players the transfer gossip threads will not be put up, because you cant take the stick and get all nasty. I have seen your sort many times where they can only show up from a position of strength, and then disappear when the results turn or cant answer the question.

As for believing them, in the main you do because you believe that Pompey are a big club when they are the Wigan of the South. The chickens are coming home to roost and boy will it be some roosting.

I think you are right not to pay for full member status as you wont be on here next season as you start to unwind and slink off to support Man C or Chelsea

Oh look at her.

You have posted how it was a done deal about the stadium being started. that was 2 years ago. You then come on and give it the big one how the super stadium is to be built and 3 groups going to take you over, and all have been dud.

When you are going to be in the market for L1 players the transfer gossip threads will not be put up, because you cant take the stick and get all nasty. I have seen your sort many times where they can only show up from a position of strength, and then disappear when the results turn or cant answer the question.

As for believing them, in the main you do because you believe that Pompey are a big club when they are the Wigan of the South. The chickens are coming home to roost and boy will it be some roosting.

I think you are right not to pay for full member status as you wont be on here next season as you start to unwind and slink off to support Man C or Chelsea

PMSL. Posted that the stadium was a done deal? I remember posting that I'd been told that Gaydamak was confident it would get planning permission but have seen too many stadium plans not come to fruition to say they're a done deal. Like the current one. Looks better than the previous one from a planning perspective but in the current economic climate it's a tough one to say when/ if it will happen.

Only posting when in a position of strength? That would be why I started posting on here when you were in the Prem and we were in (what's now) The Championship. Also why I continued to post in the first few seasons after we were promoted when we looked certain to go down. You need to come up with a better argument Mavis because that one doesn't hold water. As for going off to support another club, surely I'd have done that already if that was what I was like? It's not as if pompey are going to win loads of trophies is it.

As for three groups taking over Pompey, you seem to see what you want to see Mavis. I said there were three groups interested in Pompey, not that they were all going to take them over. There have been several groups interested and it now seems that one of those has committed to buying. Try and learn to read what's actually written will you, not what you want to see. I'll also post the Pompey transfer gossip when it gets nearer the window and things start to bubble. Not much out there at the moment so not much to report. Is that hard for you to understand?

Now, finally, as you have avoided answering the question three times now

when did I "disappear" recently and just how has the "going got tough"? As you alleged. Please answer Mavis. Why won't you answer?

PMSL. Posted that the stadium was a done deal? I remember posting that I'd been told that Gaydamak was confident it would get planning permission but have seen too many stadium plans not come to fruition to say they're a done deal. Like the current one. Looks better than the previous one from a planning perspective but in the current economic climate it's a tough one to say when/ if it will happen.

Only posting when in a position of strength? That would be why I started posting on here when you were in the Prem and we were in (what's now) The Championship. Also why I continued to post in the first few seasons after we were promoted when we looked certain to go down. You need to come up with a better argument Mavis because that one doesn't hold water. As for going off to support another club, surely I'd have done that already if that was what I was like? It's not as if pompey are going to win loads of trophies is it.

As for three groups taking over Pompey, you seem to see what you want to see Mavis. I said there were three groups interested in Pompey, not that they were all going to take them over. There have been several groups interested and it now seems that one of those has committed to buying. Try and learn to read what's actually written will you, not what you want to see. I'll also post the Pompey transfer gossip when it gets nearer the window and things start to bubble. Not much out there at the moment so not much to report. Is that hard for you to understand?

Now, finally, as you have avoided answering the question three times now

when did I "disappear" recently and just how has the "going got tough"? As you alleged. Please answer Mavis. Why won't you answer?

Ah the stalker is back. Can't you do any of your writing any bigger, this is fun seeing you all lathered up and tetchy.

You stated when MM was there that the stadium was a done deal and was just about to start.You disappear for days after bad results and went awol for weeks. You can come up with any excuse you like as we are on the internet. When things go t#### and you disappear again you can come back and say you were on a world cruise or were too tired to come on here as you had found a ladyboy. It just doesnt amount to anything as you can be James Bond if you keep anonminity.

And dont give us all the madame about you only posted it as it was in the press. You posted it up because it was about star players. When its Bert Jones from Darlington reserves you wont be here, you will be on the Man U site telling them that the new signings for Man City are Ronaldo etc.

So go away Spasmodic

PES where have you been? You being the most articulate and intelligent Pompey fan and a sense of humour to boot, were nearly missed.

Thanks Nick! as for my absence, Pompey were having a Sh*t time of it so I disappeared for a few weeks so as to avoid flak from the saints massive. Now that things are looking up........er, Actually on reflection, sod it Nick, i'm offski i'll be back once (if) a new sugar daddy is found to maintain our league superiority over those less fortunate than us. ;)

Thanks Nick! as for my absence, Pompey were having a Sh*t time of it so I disappeared for a few weeks so as to avoid flak from the saints massive. Now that things are looking up........er, Actually on reflection, sod it Nick, i'm offski i'll be back once (if) a new sugar daddy is found to maintain our league superiority over those less fortunate than us. ;)
Now thats honesty for you a proper answer from an educated Skate

Ah the stalker is back. Can't you do any of your writing any bigger, this is fun seeing you all lathered up and tetchy.

You stated when MM was there that the stadium was a done deal and was just about to start.You disappear for days after bad results and went awol for weeks. You can come up with any excuse you like as we are on the internet. When things go t#### and you disappear again you can come back and say you were on a world cruise or were too tired to come on here as you had found a ladyboy. It just doesnt amount to anything as you can be James Bond if you keep anonminity.

And dont give us all the madame about you only posted it as it was in the press. You posted it up because it was about star players. When its Bert Jones from Darlington reserves you wont be here, you will be on the Man U site telling them that the new signings for Man City are Ronaldo etc.

So go away Spasmodic

1. Disappear for days after bad results? Was that why I posted on here on Monday two days after we lost to Wigan? Sorry Mavis, you're wrong (again)

2. I went "AWOL" for 3 weeks because I was on holiday. Pompey were, as far as I can remember, around the top 10 of the Prem at the time. Just what is it you're saying I was running from? I only tend to post once or twice a week because I'm not in the office as much as I used to be and as I keep telling people, I only post when I'm at work.

3. I "disappear" when things go tits up? Surely the biggest thing that could come into that category recently was Redknapp leaving and - guess what - I posted the day after the story broke. Is that me disappearing Mave? :grin:

4. I only post gossip about us being linked to "star" players? How does that explain the hilarity on here when I posted that we'd been linked with Nathan Dyer then? Or Ian Walker? Or any number of foreign internationals to who the inevitable response on here was "who"?

Face it Mave, everything you've posted above is completely wrong. Maybe it's senility or maybe you're just clutching at straws but you really coming across as a complete buffoon now. Better give up eh?

When did nickh become Mavis, last time I looked he was Norris? :confused:

Norris is exactly how I picture him looking (and remember, it was a Saints fan who called him that not me) but the more he blathers on making less and less sense the more he reminds me of Mavis.

It seems that because I didnt worry being Norris he now wants to call me Mavis, wow that hurts I might not sleep tonight.

Says the man who accused me of "abusing" a Saints fan because I called him BIG DAZZA. If that's not someone who overreacts to nothing I'd hate to see one who is.

Night Night Mavis, drink up all your ovaltine :grin:

One last thing. Mave often mentions my "mummy" allowing me to use the internet. People might be interested to read about the psychological term "transference" and draw their own conclusions. Am I becoming a kind of therapist for you Mave?

transference /trans·fer·ence/ (trans-fer´ens) in psychotherapy, the unconscious tendency to assign to others in one's present environment feelings and attitudes associated with significance in one's early life, especially the patient's transfer to the therapist of feelings and attitudes associated with a parent.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Transference+(psychology)

1. Disappear for days after bad results? Was that why I posted on here on Monday two days after we lost to Wigan? Sorry Mavis, you're wrong (again)

2. I went "AWOL" for 3 weeks because I was on holiday. Pompey were, as far as I can remember, around the top 10 of the Prem at the time. Just what is it you're saying I was running from? I only tend to post once or twice a week because I'm not in the office as much as I used to be and as I keep telling people, I only post when I'm at work.

3. I "disappear" when things go tits up? Surely the biggest thing that could come into that category recently was Redknapp leaving and - guess what - I posted the day after the story broke. Is that me disappearing Mave? :grin:

4. I only post gossip about us being linked to "star" players? How does that explain the hilarity on here when I posted that we'd been linked with Nathan Dyer then? Or Ian Walker? Or any number of foreign internationals to who the inevitable response on here was "who"?

Face it Mave, everything you've posted above is completely wrong. Maybe it's senility or maybe you're just clutching at straws but you really coming across as a complete buffoon now. Better give up eh?

Norris is exactly how I picture him looking (and remember, it was a Saints fan who called him that not me) but the more he blathers on making less and less sense the more he reminds me of Mavis.

Says the man who accused me of "abusing" a Saints fan because I called him BIG DAZZA. If that's not someone who overreacts to nothing I'd hate to see one who is.

Night Night Mavis, drink up all your ovaltine :grin:

One last thing. Mave often mentions my "mummy" allowing me to use the internet. People might be interested to read about the psychological term "transference" and draw their own conclusions. Am I becoming a kind of therapist for you Mave?

transference /trans·fer·ence/ (trans-fer´ens) in psychotherapy, the unconscious tendency to assign to others in one's present environment feelings and attitudes associated with significance in one's early life, especially the patient's transfer to the therapist of feelings and attitudes associated with a parent.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Transference+(psychology)

Wow what a saddo you really are. Have you any friends in the real world? To spend time looking up things to try and make a point.

Come on the site after a game or the next day with your stuff not 2 days later when you and your team are forgotten.

As for Pompey in the top 10 thenm your memory is wrong as you were in the more in the early days of the season and only recently perked up, and so yes you did disappear when things were poor. Yes yes you were on holiday, no doubt the carer needed a break as well.

Dave Coles,goalkeeping coach once with SFC,is possibly on his way to Spurs.

No coincidence that James's upturn in form happened when he arrived.

According to SSN James has "pledged to stay at PFC....depending on who leaves"

Diarra is possibly going to Man City for approx £10 million.

Dave Coles,goalkeeping coach once with SFC,is possibly on his way to Spurs.

No coincidence that James's upturn in form happened when he arrived.

According to SSN James has "pledged to stay at PFC....depending on who leaves"

Diarra is possibly going to Man City for approx £10 million.

Crouch is alleged to be on 80k a week, James perhaps 30-40k a week those players might not be very attractive to clubs in this climate on those wages.No doubt DeFoe is on massive wages as well, Pompey might not find it easy to rid themselves of such high earners and with all the nonsense about 'it was HR being the reason they joined, I believe it was down solely to £££££££££'s

There you are Spasmodic, some transfer gossip for you that you say does not come up when the window has closed. You can go on the Man U site and taunt them that your new favourite team is going to sign Diarra.

Come on the site after a game or the next day with your stuff not 2 days later when you and your team are forgotten.

Yes yes you were on holiday.

1. Look Mave, I know you're not that bright but as I've explained dozens of times I DON'T POST ON HERE AT WEEKENDS, ONLY WHEN I'M AT WORK. That's why you saw no posts from me after we lost to Wigan until Monday. Do you think you can finally grasp that concept now?

2. Why do you find it so hard to believe that I went on holiday? It's bizarre.

Corpse, have you got a date yet for your new takeover, or are we still in the wait and see stage?

Was told that an announcement should be made in the next fortnight.

Crouch is alleged to be on 80k a week, James perhaps 30-40k a week those players might not be very attractive to clubs in this climate on those wages.No doubt DeFoe is on massive wages as well, Pompey might not find it easy to rid themselves of such high earners and with all the nonsense about 'it was HR being the reason they joined, I believe it was down solely to £££££££££'s

There you are Spasmodic, some transfer gossip for you that you say does not come up when the window has closed. You can go on the Man U site and taunt them that your new favourite team is going to sign Diarra.

Papers wrong as usual. Looks like Diarra is off to Man Utd, not City in Jan for £16m. Clause in his contract allows him to go to a champs league club. Good profit of £11m on a player webought a year ago though. Defoe could also be off to Man City for around the same fee. Again, a massive profit. He's going because Adams wants to play 4 - 5 - 1 more often. Most of the cash will be reinvested in the team.

As for Mavis' increasingly desperate attempts to paint me as someone who only recently started supporting Pompey (could you come up with something to back that up Mave rather than your usual "I've met people like you before" - where did you meet them? On one of your Saga holidays?). I've seen Pompey play in all four divisions, as I've said before. Maybe the 60% of your fanbase that you seem to have lost over the last couple of years are the ones who have become City fans? :D

Cue Mavis whining "You can say you're James Bond on the internet, no-one can prove anything.

1. Look Mave, I know you're not that bright but as I've explained dozens of times I DON'T POST ON HERE AT WEEKENDS, ONLY WHEN I'M AT WORK. That's why you saw no posts from me after we lost to Wigan until Monday. Do you think you can finally grasp that concept now?

2. Why do you find it so hard to believe that I went on holiday? It's bizarre.

Was told that an announcement should be made in the next fortnight.

Papers wrong as usual. Looks like Diarra is off to Man Utd, not City in Jan for £16m. Clause in his contract allows him to go to a champs league club. Good profit of £11m on a player webought a year ago though. Defoe could also be off to Man City for around the same fee. Again, a massive profit. He's going because Adams wants to play 4 - 5 - 1 more often. Most of the cash will be reinvested in the team.

As for Mavis' increasingly desperate attempts to paint me as someone who only recently started supporting Pompey (could you come up with something to back that up Mave rather than your usual "I've met people like you before" - where did you meet them? On one of your Saga holidays?). I've seen Pompey play in all four divisions, as I've said before. Maybe the 60% of your fanbase that you seem to have lost over the last couple of years are the ones who have become City fans? :D

Cue Mavis whining "You can say you're James Bond on the internet, no-one can prove anything.

"You can say you're James Bond on the internet, no-one can prove anything.

At last you have got something right.

Only can post at work, lol not allowed a computer at home he might surf too much for the Ladyboys

Corp, pompey are sinking quicker than you on a sailor.

xxx

You should know, rent boy. :cool:

lol @ Skate getting hett up on Saints forum.

I see the concept of smilies has passed you by. Het (notice correc spelling). LOL

Weren't you told this about 10 days ago?

Nope. Start of this week. See date of my post on first page of this thread for corroboration. Hoppy the Hamster

Crouch up front on his own? Good luck with that.

Who says it will be Crouch? ;)

Who is the best at arguing about nothing? Is it Nickh or is it Corporate Ho?

harryhillfightic2.th.jpgthpix.gif

I'm talking logically. Mavis is using women's logic - ie not actually listening to what I say or processing the facts. I reckon I do everything with far more panache in any case :D

Only can post at work, lol not allowed a computer at home he might surf too much for the Ladyboys

1. We all have laptops now Mave. They can be carried home with you.

2. Ref Ladyboys - see my previous post regarding transference. It's a topic you bring up with worrying regularity. It must be the Norris in you. :vom:

As the saying goes 'you can't polish a turd'

It is a sad fact for Pompey fans that they have had their 'day in the sun', and like us, the good days are just fading memories. I cannot see anyone wanting to throw money at them for some years now.

I liken it to the housing market; the best buys are repo's. Much as I despise Redknapp, he does have a good nose for when to jump ship. I expect him to dump Spurs once he's dragged them into a debt-ridden pit of pseudo success.

1. We all have laptops now Mave. They can be carried home with you.

:

But you used the reason you didnt post at weekends as you only post from work.

You are just hen pecked and not ALLOWED to use it at home, probably been caught surfing for the Ladyboys.

You may post up as many of your references (I didnt read it as its so laughable that you had to do something like that, and so it must have hit a nerve for you to go and try and deflect it)

You are just a saddo who has trouble making friends , that you are bullied and to take it out you go on a rivals web site to try and give it the big one.

Cue the, I went on a big holiday, I have a big job and have loads of offers, as Im so successful etc etc etc.

Yep its true,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/7715650.stm

and Keown has turned down a coaching role! :D

thanks that is great news. He did a lot that kept them going. Its starting to tear at the seams, they will miss his steel.

I thought he would be disappointed he was not offered the job, and for them trying to get Keown just undermined him.

Just spoke to Joes daughter, it's true.

On a slightly humerous note was at Joes house for his daughters birthday last week and they had red and white balloons outside the house, after many beers this was a great source of amusement.

Now that could have been in memory of the short period of time that he played for us.

Is that true, if so that is as good a news as when HR left. He was ther glue that held it all together and did a fantastic job when they were managerless.

The glue that held us together? PMSL. Joe Jordan was the Derek Smalls of PFC - like lukewarm water. :D

thanks that is great news. He did a lot that kept them going. Its starting to tear at the seams, they will miss his steel.

I thought he would be disappointed he was not offered the job, and for them trying to get Keown just undermined him.

Starting to tear at the seams eh Mave? 9th in the Prem is tearing apart is it? If Jordan was so important and irreplaceable don't you think Adams would have offered him the asst manager role? The fact he didn't speaks volumes. From what I've been told if we have to replace Jordan we'll need someone to put the cones out and hand out bibs for training sessions. He'll have less senior position at Spurs than Kevin Bond - I think that says it all.

As for a takeover update, I understand it could well happen this week or next week. A bid is on the table from the group I mentioned last week which I hope goes through as they have extremely wealthy backers that makes Gaydamak look like Michael Wilde. Howver, two more groups are in the running and Gaydamak's waiting to see if either of these bid more. I've been told that both of these have less to spend on the club should they actually bid and be successful. One is South African (mentioned in the papers today) and the other is middle eastern but don't know where from. Could be the Pini Zahavi thing mentioned in several papers or could be arabs. Interseting times though

The glue that held us together? PMSL. Joe Jordan was the Derek Smalls of PFC - like lukewarm water. :D

Starting to tear at the seams eh Mave? 9th in the Prem is tearing apart is it? If Jordan was so important and irreplaceable don't you think Adams would have offered him the asst manager role? The fact he didn't speaks volumes. From what I've been told if we have to replace Jordan we'll need someone to put the cones out and hand out bibs for training sessions. He'll have less senior position at Spurs than Kevin Bond - I think that says it all.

As for a takeover update, I understand it could well happen this week or next week. A bid is on the table from the group I mentioned last week which I hope goes through as they have extremely wealthy backers that makes Gaydamak look like Michael Wilde. Howver, two more groups are in the running and Gaydamak's waiting to see if either of these bid more. I've been told that both of these have less to spend on the club should they actually bid and be successful. One is South African (mentioned in the papers today) and the other is middle eastern but don't know where from. Could be the Pini Zahavi thing mentioned in several papers or could be arabs. Interseting times though

soweto_sign.jpg

Home from home it seems.

lol - all gathering pace now and people actually being named, we were expecting something this week and looks like we might get it. Somewhat jealous Saints fans on here I reckon, poor old pathetic tinpot smalltime pompey more of an attractive investment than the mighty saints lol - small team in hampshire you lot - FACT ! I know your all clinging to the hope of administration for us and a fire sale in January, shame your not going to get it isn't it. And of course we'll get to see you languish in League 1 next season whilst we have another top 10 finish.

3rd NovemberAs for Gaydamak being unable to offload the club and your glee at that apparent fact, what I'd say is that if you wait two weeks (or possibly even sooner)

10th NovemberAs for a takeover update, I understand it could well happen this week or next week.

Uh-oh, not widening the goal posts are you corp?

2 weeks will take it to the 17th, which is next Monday, but you're now saying (one week into your two weeks) that it could happen this week or next week? Depending on your definition of when a week ends (we shall assume Sunday) that is an extra 6 days Corp?!

I feel it may well be a case of 'just one more week' with this illustrious takeover!

And if one of the groups you are citing as being interested have come out saying they are not at all interested in buying PFC, and were infact over to discuss the transfer window (My guess is they were 'baliffs' over from a company little Gayboy owes money to, demanding players be SOLD in Jan to pay the debt back), I wouldnt be surprised if the other groups rumoured to be interested are infact just people on Holiday.

Portsmuff must be very surprised to see people of other countries visit them (as given the choice of where to go in the world, Im sure Portsmouth is high on every foreigners lists :rolleyes:) they must instantly think its a new take over consortium!

Im willing to stick my neck out and say you will not be taken over any time soon. I may end up with egg on my face, however, I think i have more chance of this happening if I were sat under a male chicken.

Uh-oh, not widening the goal posts are you corp?

2 weeks will take it to the 17th, which is next Monday, but you're now saying (one week into your two weeks) that it could happen this week or next week? Depending on your definition of when a week ends (we shall assume Sunday) that is an extra 6 days Corp?!

I feel it may well be a case of 'just one more week' with this illustrious takeover!

And if one of the groups you are citing as being interested have come out saying they are not at all interested in buying PFC, and were infact over to discuss the transfer window (My guess is they were 'baliffs' over from a company little Gayboy owes money to, demanding players be SOLD in Jan to pay the debt back), I wouldnt be surprised if the other groups rumoured to be interested are infact just people on Holiday.

Portsmuff must be very surprised to see people of other countries visit them (as given the choice of where to go in the world, Im sure Portsmouth is high on every foreigners lists :rolleyes:) they must instantly think its a new take over consortium!

Im willing to stick my neck out and say you will not be taken over any time soon. I may end up with egg on my face, however, I think i have more chance of this happening if I were sat under a male chicken.

Not moving goalposts at all. It's you who chose to judiciously edit what I actually wrote in the quote above. What I said was that if you wait two weeks an announcement will be made. Why didn't you post the full quote?

More developments in the papers this morning. I also understand that Gaydamak is meeting with one or possibly two other buyers this week. Seems like intereste is hotting up which may well push the asking price North. FYI, Gaydamak is far from skint himself. Only last month he sold one of his companies in Russia for £35m.

A key figure in the potential sale has emerged as Greg James, the chief executive of Central Rand Gold, the South African gold mining company, although he has moved to state that he would not be a direct part of any takeover group. "I can categorically say that Greg James is not buying Portsmouth FC and nor is he fronting a South African consortium that is seeking to do so," said Bobby Morse, his spokesman.

James' role, though, could be that of a fixer and Sacha Gaydamak, the Portsmouth owner, who is open to offers for the club, discussed James' extensive contacts with him when they met in Portsmouth over the weekend. The agent Pini Zahavi was also present.

James does not want to become an investor at Fratton Park. Having worked as a senior board member at the Switzerland-based private commodity and raw materials company Glencore, which is associated with the publicly traded Xstrata mining group, he is now channelling his energies into Central Rand Gold.

The company was listed last November to raise £75m for its venture to bring back into production the Johannesburg mines. It traded at a loss in the most recent financial period because of heavy spending on machinery and labour, not to mention licences for the mines which it was officially granted at a ceremony yesterday, and it intends to begin production after the turn of the year. It has more than $100m (£65m) in the bank and sources at the company confirmed the money was solely for funding of the mining venture and not the purchase of a football club.

But James' meeting with Gaydamak cannot be dismissed lightly. He is an adviser to Prosport International, the leading South African sports management company, which represents more than 200 footballers. Yet it is difficult to imagine that a man of his wealth and influence was in Portsmouth exclusively to discuss January transfer business or the setting up of a link between the club and young African players.

James is a passionate sports fan and his charity, the Jag Foundation, offers opportunity to disenfranchised South African children through sport. His contacts are in the field of sport as well as business and he would seem ideally placed to recommend new investors to Gaydamak, whose club has reported debts of £32m and a wage bill that devours a huge percentage of turnover, which itself is restricted by the cramped confines of Fratton Park and the lack of premium executive facilities.

Portsmouth refused to comment on the takeover talk yesterday - there are also rumours of interest from groups in the United States - and they maintain that the club is on a sound financial footing.

I hear in addition to the ones mentioned above both asian and UAE groups are interested. How many potential buyers are in for you? Remind me again :cool:

Not moving goalposts at all. It's you who chose to judiciously edit what I actually wrote in the quote above. What I said was that if you wait two weeks an announcement will be made. Why didn't you post the full quote?
I have not edited anything you have said corp, mearly added a date to your post. Feel free to check those dates if you do not believe them. I do not even believe an announcement will be made in your timescales.

From your initial claim, you seemed to imply that a deal had been done and that it would be announced within two weeks that (and reading between the lines) a chinese consortium would take over.

Now you are saying there are loads of other parties interested and talks are on going. So the Chinese thing died then? Or (and more than likely) you don't actually know whats going on, yet come on here claiming you are ITK to grab your little bit of attention?

More developments in the papers this morning.

Because the papers are always the people to trust when it comes to news regarding takeovers which (if exist) seem at a very early stage. Are these the same papers which jumped on the South African funded takeover which turned out to just be a meeting about buying players? :roll: Nice to see you're still clinging onto hope though.

I hear in addition to the ones mentioned above both asian and UAE groups are interested. How many potential buyers are in for you? Remind me again :cool:

Well we have hundreds, if not thousands of people interested in buying us. I for one, would love to buy Saints. Problem is, a) I dont have enough money and b) even if I did, one look at the balance sheet would see that it is a major money losing entity.

I think your problem Corp, is that you are wishful thinking. Like we were with Paul Allen. We have been linked with as many, if not more potential sugar daddy buyers or consortiums, and this has got us nowhere. I wouldnt be too quick to shoot my mouth off with all your claimed ITK comments. Afterall, if the super rich dont mind losing money, then why, after looking at our finances, have potential suitors been put off? I mean come on, our debt is less than yours, our infrastructure is a hell of a lot better. Only difference I can see is us being in the CCC. However, about £10-£15m invested into the playing side should see us become a Premiership team and then Saints are on an even keel with Pompey, yet with a superior ground, training facilities, youth set up and arguably a bigger fan base.

5 days remaining for this 'announcement'. Hmmm

Funny how when we post something on here that was in the papers putting them in a bad light we get, "Don't believe everything you read in the papers!" From the likes of Corp and Mack Rill, yet when there is news on a possible takeover in the papers they believe it!! :D

I have not edited anything you have said corp, mearly added a date to your post. Feel free to check those dates if you do not believe them. I do not even believe an announcement will be made in your timescales.

But you did edit it. You cut the quote at the point I said that an announcement would be made in the next two weeks.

From your initial claim, you seemed to imply that a deal had been done and that it would be announced within two weeks that (and reading between the lines) a chinese consortium would take over.

Now you are saying there are loads of other parties interested and talks are on going. So the Chinese thing died then? Or (and more than likely) you don't actually know whats going on, yet come on here claiming you are ITK to grab your little bit of attention?

There are currently three groups interested. The chinese one looked done and dusted but the others are talking more money.

Because the papers are always the people to trust when it comes to news regarding takeovers which (if exist) seem at a very early stage. Are these the same papers which jumped on the South African funded takeover which turned out to just be a meeting about buying players? :roll: Nice to see you're still clinging onto hope though.

If you really believe that the CEO of a major South African company came all the way to England to talk about Pompey buying a couple of players you're thicker than I thought. By the way, how come we're buying players if we're skint? :cool:

Well we have hundreds, if not thousands of people interested in buying us. I for one, would love to buy Saints. Problem is, a) I dont have enough money and b) even if I did, one look at the balance sheet would see that it is a major money losing entity.

I think your problem Corp, is that you are wishful thinking. Like we were with Paul Allen. We have been linked with as many, if not more potential sugar daddy buyers or consortiums, and this has got us nowhere. I wouldnt be too quick to shoot my mouth off with all your claimed ITK comments. Afterall, if the super rich dont mind losing money, then why, after looking at our finances, have potential suitors been put off? I mean come on, our debt is less than yours, our infrastructure is a hell of a lot better. Only difference I can see is us being in the CCC. However, about £10-£15m invested into the playing side should see us become a Premiership team and then Saints are on an even keel with Pompey, yet with a superior ground, training facilities, youth set up and arguably a bigger fan base.

Do you really think that if I hadn't heard what was going on that I would I have come on here and posted what I did?

As for potential investors for our respective clubs, you'd need more than £10-£15m in players to get a squad to get you up. You need a whole new team, maybe even a whole new squad. The problem then is that you'd need another whole new team to have any chance of competing in the Prem. Let's say someone did buy you for, say, £15m. Then spent £25m to clear your debts. Then spent £20m to get a team that would challenge for promotion (but not guarantee it.) Then, if you did get promoted they'd need to spend another £30m to get a squad with even a realistic chance of staying up. I make that around £90m to gamble on a team currently in the championship basement. Buy Pompey for £70m and pay £100m for a new stadium (a large chunk of which will be funded by supermarket chains), get a guaranteed £60m back a year from gates and TV (increasing when the new stadium's built) along with a squad good enough to guarantee staying up. If you were a wealthy investor, which one would you back as the winning horse?

By the way, our academy team is currently above yours in the league. Who's got the superior set up? :D

5 days remaining for this 'announcement'. Hmmm

Funny how when we post something on here that was in the papers putting them in a bad light we get, "Don't believe everything you read in the papers!" From the likes of Corp and Mack Rill, yet when there is news on a possible takeover in the papers they believe it!! :D

Funny, you lot seemed to put some faith in it too. Look at the number of posts on this thread before and after that story broke in the media. You lot were gutted when that potential takeover deal was reported - otherwise why did you all go so quiet? :D