your club has no chane of getting a celtic star player .

hooper88

:D Cheers Gents. A classic case of having no argument to come back with you pair of strugglers :lol:

The game of football for most is a hobby and an exciting escape from one's hectic or otherwise mundane life. All about passion, affiliation and loyalty. Then we have people like you in our fanbase who are nothing short of vile!

Involving politics, bigotry, hatred, its just plain bollix. Its 2012 and no place for it at Saints.

So try and keep your sh1t to yourself, no one else wants to smell it.

'strugglers" lol...

If anyone needed a reminder why the English game don't need the Old Firm to play football south of the border then this thread is useful: billy boys, GSTQ, pro-IRA, famine, poppies, blah blah. FFS get into the 21st century.

Don't dispute that all of these are unnecessary.

However, I feel that inviting Celtic and Rangers would be a positive move and would probably end up curbing sectarianism.

Years ago, Everton used to be referred to as the Catholic club while Liverpool FC were known to be a Protestant outfit. Not many modern fans of either club would even know about this, or choose one club over the other on the basis of religion. Over the years, we've rightfully ignored all that and judged them on their input.

One of the few places that would choose Liverpool or Everton based on religion would be Northern Ireland. Of course, the really amusing thing is that the Catholics often get it the wrong way round, mistakenly assuming that Everton are the historically Protestant club based on little else apart from the fact that they wear blue as their home kit, same as Rangers.

The game of football for most is a hobby and an exciting escape from one's hectic or otherwise mundane life. All about passion, affiliation and loyalty. Then we have people like you in our fanbase who are nothing short of vile!

Involving politics, bigotry, hatred, its just plain bollix. Its 2012 and no place for it at Saints.

So try and keep your sh1t to yourself, no one else wants to smell it.

'strugglers" lol...

:uhoh: One of life's definite strugglers :lol:

TSK, you forgot to call me dunce.:lol:

ok then,

dunce!

p.s you forgot to call me cul de sac... lol

why you have to be a muppett all the time dune man?

chill out. Every man loves his soil of birth, and patriotism is a beautiful thing but come on seriously...

its like you sending out a rallying call to gather the troops! ...wheres the battle?

I love how some dinlo comes on here abusing our club, and yet as usual, the end result is in-fighting and bickering and mud slinging between our own fans. Again.

Every time without fail. Its so boring.

Don't read it then. This is a messageboard where people debate things, we're not all going to agree with each other all the time and not everyone is going to get along.

If anyone needed a reminder why the English game don't need the Old Firm to play football south of the border then this thread is useful: billy boys, GSTQ, pro-IRA, famine, poppies, blah blah. FFS get into the 21st century.

Couldn't agree more! Personally i like Celtic up north because i loved Larsson as a player and i like the work that many of their fans do in the community to combat fascism. I also don't find it that surprising that our resident right wingers support Rangers with their long history of connections with English fascist and racist groups (for those of you that don't know read up on the links between Chelsea/Rangers/C18).

As for booing minutes silence and supporting the IRA, well that's just as ****ing stupid in my opinion, but then when has common sense ever prevailed in football?

Couldn't agree more! Personally i like Celtic up north because i loved Larsson as a player and i like the work that many of their fans do in the community to combat fascism. I also don't find it that surprising that our resident right wingers support Rangers with their long history of connections with English fascist and racist groups (for those of you that don't know read up on the links between Chelsea/Rangers/C18).

As for booing minutes silence and supporting the IRA, well that's just as ****ing stupid in my opinion, but then when has common sense ever prevailed in football?

Maybe you should read up on the connections between Celtic and the IRA and Celtic and child abuse.

I also find it baffling that you're willing to overlook the fact they accuse British soldiers of being murderers and disrupt minute silences purely because they're left wing and fit in with your political views. Have you no pride in your country?

Armenia and Venezuela are ranked higher than Scotland....say's everything you need to know about the state of scottish football.

Rangers and Celtic are around championship play-off level. Hibs/Hearts probably fighting for championship survival...and the rest League 1 or 2 level.

If I was scottish I'd be embarassed by the state of football

Armenia and Venezuela are ranked higher than Scotland....say's everything you need to know about the state of scottish football.

Rangers and Celtic are around championship play-off level. Hibs/Hearts probably fighting for championship survival...and the rest League 1 or 2 level.

If I was scottish I'd be embarassed by the state of football

As Scotland are so lowly ranked now, they only get 1 Champions League place and they only get entered into the qualifying rounds.

I'd personally have them in as I think it would add a bit of extra spice to the English leagues and completely level out the SPL but they'd have to start at champ or below.

Judging from some of their arrogant comments towards us I also think they'd have an almighty shock.

Also looking at the size of the SPL it seems that an automatic champs league place for the winner is very generous (Rangers and Celtic have a 50:50 chance every year) when compared to the 4 that the PL gets.

How about the SPL winners having to playoff against 5th place in the prem for that final champs league spot?

I'd personally have them in as I think it would add a bit of extra spice to the English leagues and completely level out the SPL but they'd have to start at champ or below.

Judging from some of their arrogant comments towards us I also think they'd have an almighty shock.

Also looking at the size of the SPL it seems that an automatic champs league place for the winner is very generous (Rangers and Celtic have a 50:50 chance every year) when compared to the 4 that the PL gets.

How about the SPL winners having to playoff against 5th place in the prem for that final champs league spot?

That's not really fair though, as every country in Europe should deffos have a place for some point.

While Rangers/Celtic may not be a big premiership club in quality at the moment, but they are in size. If introduced in the Premiership, they have the following to quickly become a big club and competitor for top 10.

They would to start with but once they received the television money PL teams receive and were able to market themselves worldwide to their massive, massive fanbases as Premier League teams, they would start generating huge sums of money and would soon be challenging the top teams in this league and in Europe.

Maybe you should read up on the connections between Celtic and the IRA and Celtic and child abuse.

I also find it baffling that you're willing to overlook the fact they accuse British soldiers of being murderers and disrupt minute silences purely because they're left wing and fit in with your political views. Have you no pride in your country?

Patriotism is a dirty word to many on here.

Being a Scot living in Scotland and also a season ticket holder of a Scottish Club for 30 years, I have found the Hooper topic quite amusing and frustrating. The irony of Old firm fans calling anyone arrogant has led to the odd chuckle. Old firm fans believe everyone in Scotland supports either Rangers or Celtic and those who go along to support their local team only do so because they can’t afford the bus fare to Glasgow. I’ve often been asked “but who’s your big team.” The truth is, like many other football fans in Scotland, I don’t like either of them. I love to see both of them being turned over in Europe, as it’s the only chance these fickle fans have of feeling the lows most fans feel supporting their local club. My frustrations are with those on this board who, often tongue in cheek, have generalised the Scots from the posts on the Celtic site. We are not all the same... honest

Like many have said previously, Rangers and Celtic are both big clubs and that’s where it ends. The quality is no longer there to compete with top English clubs as they have done so in the past. There are several individuals of international class on the horizon, ( and I include Hooper in this)but that aside, Scottish football is on its arse. Celtic can no longer compete in Europe because it cannot attract enough quality to play in a poor league, so their main focus is being a step ahead of Rangers to guarantee Champions League Football…yawn. If the BoD feel they have that advantage over their rivals and a decent offer comes in for any of their players, they will take the cash, because like it or not Celtic fans, you are now a selling club.

too many repeats of meaningless games have turned fans away in their droves and the governing bodies will not change a structure that brings numerous episodes of “ A clash of the bigot brothers”, for sky sports.

Two seasons ago, I made the decision not to renew my season ticket with my Scottish Club because I no longer had the appetite for what was being offered as entertainment. Too many repeats of meaningless games have turned fans away in their droves and the governing bodies will not change a structure that brings numerous episodes of “ A clash of the bigot brothers”, for sky sports.

I then focused my finances and time to follow my English club, Southampton. So I have witnessed both ends of the spectrum, from SPL to English League 1 and can say that the quality in League 1 was better than the likes of Dunfermline, Inverness CT, Hibernian etc. This season the Saints have produced a brand of football that has not been seen in Scotland for many a year and that’s what keeps bringing me back to watch them.

It puzzles me when I see players opt to come to Scotland rather than the English Leagues. Surely it must be every player’s ambition to play at the highest level against the best in the world. Perhaps they prefer the easy life in an easy league and being idolised by those like “hooper88”

Patriotism is a dirty word to many on here.

No, patriotism is not a dirty word, but you continually get confused between this and nationalism... they are not the same thing.

Some of the replies on this thread are f u cking dispicable - either we have a small minority of bigotted halfwits, or a bunch of kids who think the whole sectarian issue is funny - either way pretty shameful.

The Celtic tool who started this thread is obviously a pillock, but there are plenty on here who go into some sort of bitter twisted rant when clubs come in for our players....

They would to start with but once they received the television money PL teams receive and were able to market themselves worldwide to their massive, massive fanbases as Premier League teams, they would start generating huge sums of money and would soon be challenging the top teams in this league and in Europe.

Probably but if they got into Europe via the PL at least they would be able to hold their heads up high and know they got there by actually being good!

At the moment they sneak in on false pretences, get kicked out almost instantaneously by some dodgy euro team and then sit around till the next chance comes along, normally during the next season.

Would also give us a chance to kick their arrogant butts every now and again :).

Probably but if they got into Europe via the PL at least they would be able to hold their heads up high and know they got there by actually being good!

At the moment they sneak in on false pretences, get kicked out almost instantaneously by some dodgy euro team and then sit around till the next chance comes along, normally during the next season.

Would also give us a chance to kick their arrogant butts every now and again :).

Or you could argue that how does coming 4th in the PL warrant entry into the CHAMPIONS League. Technically they're more deserving of a place than a team who comes 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the PL as they would've actually won their league. It's not their fault it's a garbage league. You can only beat what's in front of you...

No, patriotism is not a dirty word, but you continually get confused between this and nationalism... they are not the same thing.

Some of the replies on this thread are f u cking dispicable - either we have a small minority of bigotted halfwits, or a bunch of kids who think the whole sectarian issue is funny - either way pretty shameful.

The Celtic tool who started this thread is obviously a pillock, but there are plenty on here who go into some sort of bitter twisted rant when clubs come in for our players....

Can you please point out all the bigoted comments on here, please. I must've missed them.

Being a Scot living in Scotland and also a season ticket holder of a Scottish Club for 30 years, I have found the Hooper topic quite amusing and frustrating. The irony of Old firm fans calling anyone arrogant has led to the odd chuckle. Old firm fans believe everyone in Scotland supports either Rangers or Celtic and those who go along to support their local team only do so because they can’t afford the bus fare to Glasgow. I’ve often been asked “but who’s your big team.” The truth is, like many other football fans in Scotland, I don’t like either of them. I love to see both of them being turned over in Europe, as it’s the only chance these fickle fans have of feeling the lows most fans feel supporting their local club. My frustrations are with those on this board who, often tongue in cheek, have generalised the Scots from the posts on the Celtic site. We are not all the same... honest

Like many have said previously, Rangers and Celtic are both big clubs and that’s where it ends. The quality is no longer there to compete with top English clubs as they have done so in the past. There are several individuals of international class on the horizon, ( and I include Hooper in this)but that aside, Scottish football is on its arse. Celtic can no longer compete in Europe because it cannot attract enough quality to play in a poor league, so their main focus is being a step ahead of Rangers to guarantee Champions League Football…yawn. If the BoD feel they have that advantage over their rivals and a decent offer comes in for any of their players, they will take the cash, because like it or not Celtic fans, you are now a selling club.

too many repeats of meaningless games have turned fans away in their droves and the governing bodies will not change a structure that brings numerous episodes of “ A clash of the bigot brothers”, for sky sports.

Two seasons ago, I made the decision not to renew my season ticket with my Scottish Club because I no longer had the appetite for what was being offered as entertainment. Too many repeats of meaningless games have turned fans away in their droves and the governing bodies will not change a structure that brings numerous episodes of “ A clash of the bigot brothers”, for sky sports.

I then focused my finances and time to follow my English club, Southampton. So I have witnessed both ends of the spectrum, from SPL to English League 1 and can say that the quality in League 1 was better than the likes of Dunfermline, Inverness CT, Hibernian etc. This season the Saints have produced a brand of football that has not been seen in Scotland for many a year and that’s what keeps bringing me back to watch them.

It puzzles me when I see players opt to come to Scotland rather than the English Leagues. Surely it must be every player’s ambition to play at the highest level against the best in the world. Perhaps they prefer the easy life in an easy league and being idolised by those like “hooper88”

Great post!

How refreshing to read such a well thought out post! Being an English Saint, I conversely have a Scottish team, the Super Pars! I even travelled up through the night once to see the away fixture at Falkirk. They lost 3-2 and the Dunfirmline CB got sent off catching the ball lol!! Greatday out never the less!

Excellent post, I'd love to see the reaction if you posted it on the Celtic forum.

awful country, awful people, awful football, awful teen pregnancy rates

awful country= completely wrong some fantastic countryside, towns and cities.

awful people= not all the ones I met - worked in Greenock for a month and they were fantastic people, I have several Scottish friends and they are brilliant people.

Cant argue about the football and WTF about teen pregnancies....have you never walked passed Poundland in Southampton?

Of course ALL of England and All the English people are wonderful....or not.

Mind you Wigan would be no loss, if you look at the density of PL clubs in a box of about 60 miles square it's a bit overloaded.

Eufa want fewer teams but the PL refuse to reduce. The only way to get into the EPL is promotion from the FL. There is no way Celtic and Rangers would start in the Conference North as the only way into the FL is through the Conference. The English full stop don't want them so it won't happen. To kick out two Premier teams plus relegate two more and relegate two extra teams from each league below would be a nightmare. Never mind the SPL/SFA wouldn't allow it anyway.

Looks like that area is going to be thinned out naturally with Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton perilously close to the trap door.

Nice to see a rational discussion in the dross that infests this entire thread - even from normally sensible posters.

Eufa want fewer teams but the PL refuse to reduce. The only way to get into the EPL is promotion from the FL. There is no way Celtic and Rangers would start in the Conference North as the only way into the FL is through the Conference. The English full stop don't want them so it won't happen. To kick out two Premier teams plus relegate two more and relegate two extra teams from each league below would be a nightmare. Never mind the SPL/SFA wouldn't allow it anyway.

Looks like that area is going to be thinned out naturally with Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton perilously close to the trap door.

That is the key thing, really. If they wanted it to happen, all of the other considerations you list would be swept aside. They'd sort it out somehow.

what planet are you english fans on ,to think you are so arrogant and disrespectful of the scottish game and a world class club like celtic is laughable.Just remember that we have actually won things and competed in champions leagues.Star players like larsson etc have graced our club yet the best you have produced is walcott.The sad fact is you know deep down that you dont want a scottish club coming down and ****ing all over 80 percent of your clubs.

Actually I think Nathan Dyer and Oxlade Chamberlain are better, but you seem to have forgotten about Gareth Bale.

I take my hat off to you sir!

I know all about it to be fair but the difference is i don't see people using sectarian arguments or slurs against Rangers on here. Just a bunch of right wingers (and a couple of Rangers fans) attaching themselves to something to do with Southampton FC and using it as an excuse to spout more sectarian bull**** that we could all do without.

At the end of the day there's no ****ing need for this kind of bigoted (on both sides) religious crap in football, and personally i find it deeply, deeply embarrassing seeing certain clubs down south - Chelsea, Millwall, Everton, hell even our friends the Skates - attaching themselves to it. It's basically just another platform to preach hate and backward thinking and i'd personally like to see Saints fans rise above it.

Mind you in any element you get the small minded and stupid who'll turn things over to their own ends.