your club has no chane of getting a celtic star player .

hooper88

Pretty exciting fixture list they've got in February...

04/02 TBA - Dunfermline or Inverness CT Scottish Cup 12:45A

08/02 Hearts Clydesdale Bank Premier League 19:45A

11/02 Inverness CT Clydesdale Bank Premier League 15:00H

19/02 Hibernian Clydesdale Bank Premier League 15:00A

25/02 Motherwell Clydesdale Bank Premier League 15:00H

I have rated this thread 5 stars.

It truly is an epic. Started on a high and has continued as such.

As a further thought, when is that referendum on independance? Any chance we can aid the 'yes' campaign and end all daft talk of the old firm joining the Premiership once and for all? Big clubs they may be, but they are isolated in a footballing backwater.

Edited by Colinjb

The sooner independence comes the better. I am actually embarrassed for you.

Agreed. But if that tw*t Salmond had got his way a few years ago, they would already be independent and in the Euro (that having been one of his stated priorities.) For some reason I cant fathom, he seems to be keeping a bit quiet about that now :lol: :lol:

what planet are you english fans on ,to think you are so arrogant and disrespectful of the scottish game and a world class club like celtic is laughable.Just remember that we have actually won things and competed in champions leagues.Star players like larsson etc have graced our club yet the best you have produced is walcott.The sad fact is you know deep down that you dont want a scottish club coming down and ****ing all over 80 percent of your clubs.

Crikey "if wining things and playing in the champions league" is your criteria then you are as big as the mighty Bangor, Barry Town and even Total Network Solutions who have also achieved both.

Not sure they get as far in the Champions League though as Celtic are in the final every other year aren't they?

A shame that this is my first post, but it has to be said. :p

Don't listen to this fud. He's just being bitter, and making it look like all of us Celtic fans are like this. We're not. Ignore the troll.

Hopefully you lot don't bear a grudge against us because of this tool. :)

Is that Fox in that 1st video?

Yup, Celtic signed him from Coventry, then flogged him to Burnley a year later.

FWIW as a follower and a fan of Scottish football (St Johnstone mainly...although i'm not sure we could be described as a football team!) the Scottish game isn't really that bad. They can still attract some decent players to the league despite there being little or no money to spend. Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Hearts have got Premiership-sized fanbases and I reckon if they had the cash that clubs in England get then they'd be in or around the PL. European competitions may have put a little bit too much swagger and arrogance into these teams, but there's no doubting that they're big clubs.

SPL has always made me laff..how many players have Celtic/Rangers signed who couldnt score for **** at their English team, yet go north of the border they score a hell of a lot more....

I'll start with two:

Hartson

Sutton

and how many jocks have come south banging them in and then suddenly goals dry up - three to start with:

Boyd

Scott McDonald

Kenny Miller

:lol: SPL has always been poor apart from Celtic/Rangers.

I used to like Rangers when they had Laudrup et al.

Yup, Celtic signed him from Coventry, then flogged him to Burnley a year later.

FWIW as a follower and a fan of Scottish football (St Johnstone mainly...although i'm not sure we could be described as a football team!) the Scottish game isn't really that bad. They can still attract some decent players to the league despite there being little or no money to spend. Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Hearts have got Premiership-sized fanbases and I reckon if they had the cash that clubs in England get then they'd be in or around the PL. European competitions may have put a little bit too much swagger and arrogance into these teams, but there's no doubting that they're big clubs.

Would argue about Hibs and Hearts they have more like league 1 fan base...

Hearts average attendance is 13400. Of the 24 clubs in the championship only 6 average less than Hearts.

There are 4 in league one who average more than Hearts.

Hibs average attendance is 9800.

Never mind, we're still top and Hooper will be off just as soon as a half decent prem outfit come sniffing.

Best of luck to the reasonable Celtic fans, the rest of the pompous asses who have done nothing but disrespect my club can Foxtrot Oscar.

I'm sure the Don still has a few more Irons in the fire and there's still an exiting season that needs completing.

what planet are you english fans on ,to think you are so arrogant and disrespectful of the scottish game and a world class club like celtic is laughable.Just remember that we have actually won things and competed in champions leagues.Star players like larsson etc have graced our club yet the best you have produced is walcott.The sad fact is you know deep down that you dont want a scottish club coming down and ****ing all over 80 percent of your clubs.

Am responding to your slightlt antagonistic post because you are making a lot of assumptions.

First of all I can tell you are Scottish as the chip on your shoulder is showing. I for one would not show a lack of respect for the Scottish game, it is what it is. Probably on a par with the lower half of the championship and our first division. Nothing wrong with that as they are good leagues and have enjoyed the competetiveness in these leagues.

I am not sure Celtic is a "world class" team although your support is impressive. I would probably only call Man u a world class team with Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal trying to get in that bracket.

You are showing a deep lack of knowledge if you can only quote Walcott. Just a few names that have played for us like Keegan, Shilton, Watson, Mills, Le Tissier, Osgood,Alan Ball, Shearer and more recently Chamberlain, Bale, to name just a few and probably most premier teams have an ex saints youth player in their team.

Think you shouldnt come on here acting like a mong. From what I have heard Hooper would come to us, but doesnt look like it will be until the next window.

Pretty exciting fixture list they've got in February...

04/02 TBA - Dunfermline or Inverness CT Scottish Cup 12:45A

08/02 Hearts Clydesdale Bank Premier League 19:45A

11/02 Inverness CT Clydesdale Bank Premier League 15:00H

19/02 Hibernian Clydesdale Bank Premier League 15:00A

25/02 Motherwell Clydesdale Bank Premier League 15:00H

F**k me. What a line-up! Are tickets still available, mate?

Am responding to your slightlt antagonistic post because you are making a lot of assumptions.

First of all I can tell you are Scottish as the chip on your shoulder is showing. I for one would not show a lack of respect for the Scottish game, it is what it is. Probably on a par with the lower half of the championship and our first division. Nothing wrong with that as they are good leagues and have enjoyed the competetiveness in these leagues.

I am not sure Celtic is a "world class" team although your support is impressive. I would probably only call Man u a world class team with Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal trying to get in that bracket.

You are showing a deep lack of knowledge if you can only quote Walcott. Just a few names that have played for us like Keegan, Shilton, Watson, Mills, Le Tissier, Osgood,Alan Ball, Shearer and more recently Chamberlain, Bale, to name just a few and probably most premier teams have an ex saints youth player in their team.

Think you shouldnt come on here acting like a mong. From what I have heard Hooper would come to us, but doesnt look like it will be until the next window.

+10000

and how many jocks have come south banging them in and then suddenly goals dry up - three to start with:

Boyd

Scott McDonald

Kenny Miller

:lol: SPL has always been poor apart from Celtic/Rangers.

I used to like Rangers when they had Laudrup et al.

Oh dear, if you are going to have a slanging match with someone at least don't make yourself look a tit. You do know that Scott McDonald is Australian and used to play for Saints, you do, don't you? :blush:

As someone who follows Celtic as my team north of the border, you're a grade A ****...

The point you seem to be missing is that we can afford him and you probably can't. There will come a time when like Rangers, Celtic will struggle finacially when you continually fail to win big games in the Champions league.

You call us is respectful and then show absolutely no respect to a club that healthy, solvent and has money. The fact that a Championship club can challenge you for players either shows how far we've come or how low you've sunk..

If you're going to come on here and slate Saints for daring to try and take a player off, do your research, Walcott is one of many players we've produced here, Le Tissier, Bale, Shearer to name just a few. In fact there's probably about 11 players in the Premier League who have all come through the ranks at Southampton...

In the meantime all you've just done is make Saints fans think Celtic are small time and generally making enemies where there are none...

Bravo, well done... What a **** you are...

Edited by Daren W

I think Celtic are 'big fish in a small pond'. Having said that, I don't blame them for trying to get as much as possible for Hooper. I wish Saints would just get on with this signing but we are very indecisive and I think the opportunity is slipping away because we won't negotiate.

I am gutted to hear with have no chane of getting Hooper. Still hoping we have a chance of landing him.

Rangers and Celtic to be fair are massive clubs, that fact alone doesn't make their league better than the Championship though. If we do land him this is going straight in Golden Threads.

It truly is an epic. Started on a high and has continued as such.

As a further thought, when is that referendum on independance? Any chance we can aid the 'yes' campaign and end all daft talk of the old firm joining the Premiership once and for all? Big clubs they may be, but they are isolated in a footballing backwater.

Scotland becoming a different state wouldn't stop it, they've had discussions about a Northern European league with some Scandinavian teams and I'm pretty sure Scotland's not in Scandanavia, plus there's a Monaguesque club in the French League, there is a Northern Irish club in the Irish Republic league, the entire complement of Sammarinese Cup teams play in the Italian regional divisions, and so on. Oh yeah, and Berwich Rangers (and Gretna for a while) have already played competitive matches on the wrong side of the border anyway - not to mention Queens Park were regular competitors in early FA Cups...