SISU - would it be different if they were here

Thedelldays

Coventry are owned by a hedge fund, many of them are in the mire at present so at present they are safe but who knows in a few weeks

people have been saying they will go tits up from the minute they arrived at cov....still, nothing yet

What is the bets we will go before them...?

people have been saying they will go tits up from the minute they arrived at cov....still, nothing yet

What is the bets we will go before them...?

i feel uneasy about them, especially in the present climate, and have never had a good feeling about SISU. I guess we shall see........

I reckon so...would jan be the manager? doubt it...

would we have kept hold of one or two players? probably

would be more financially secure? a bit

Would we have started afresh, restuctured, with a "clean slate", with the FOOTBALL TEAM to the fore, with no Lowe & Wilde to interfere and attempt to run things ???

.... of course we would ...... The very reason why Lowelife would not entertain THAT or any other prospective Takeover Talk

Either could go down to be honest, which is hardly a resounding result for SISU is it?

Because Coventry were going down the financial Toilet fast, I thought the first priority would have been to " relaunch" the Club on a debt free financial base ...........which, IMHO, SISU have done

Their results on the pitch have not been fantastic, but, IMHO, they stand more of a chance of survival in the CCC than Saints do

All that Lowe has done, is to sell off everything he could lay his hands on, to REDUCE running costs .....HE HAS NOT CLEARED DEBTS ......

We are therefore STILL in a far far worse position than Coventry

Their financial position is positive ......... ours is negative and getting worse by the week

This season (in the CCC) .... Lowe sells and sells to reduce costs ...... end result ....... we do NOT have a Team capable of staying in the CCC, and come January, Lowe will sell any good young player he can ....... end result RELEGATION

Next season (in Div 1) ..... our operating costs are too high for Div 1, and Lowe attempts to sell and sell to reduce costs ......... but, by then, we will have NOTHING LEFT TO SELL .........

Lowe, the Great Businessman

Would we have started afresh, restuctured, with a "clean slate", with the FOOTBALL TEAM to the fore, with no Lowe & Wilde to interfere and attempt to run things ???

.... of course we would ...... The very reason why Lowelife would not entertain THAT or any other prospective Takeover Talk

you.....talk ....nonsense......RL.......is very....keen to sell

Sorry Nick but what exactly do you base that statement on? From what I see of it he is only keen to sell on his terms which is probably what prices us out of any takeover. I take it you have some hard proof that he is VERY keen to sell?

But will he sell to Leon and friends?
I wouldnt know but it seems to me that if you knew your company/shareholding were at risk of going into administration then you would sell to your worst enemy.If RL is so fond of money then he would take what he can and run.

Sorry Nick but what exactly do you base that statement on? From what I see of it he is only keen to sell on his terms which is probably what prices us out of any takeover. I take it you have some hard proof that he is VERY keen to sell?
Only what I have heard. i did hear that he would only sell to people who woul,d be able to take the club on and put money in.

Imnot close to know what is really going on, Im sick of hearing that a certain bid has its money in place and ready to move.

Nonsense eh ?? .... You have your opinion, I have mine

Lowe, the Great Businessman ....In his First(circa) Ten Year's in charge ......In ALL those years never ONCE managed to attract ANY Investment or ANY prospective people re a Takeover.

Does not THAT scenario seem just a little strange to you ????

Prior to our demise from the Prem, we WERE an attractive proposition, so WHY did no one get remotely CLOSE

The people who think that Lowe is back for the FOOTBALL are the ones that are talking nonsense

And YOU talk nonsense Nickh ...... Lowe would not entertain selling his shares in the days where he could have got a very good price ......... it is NONSENSE to think he would contemplate selling NOW, when they are on a par with Delsey Toilet Tissue.

Nonsense eh ?? .... You have your opinion, I have mine

Lowe, the Great Businessman ....In his First(circa) Ten Year's in charge ......In ALL those years never ONCE managed to attract ANY Investment or ANY prospective people re a Takeover.

Does not THAT scenario seem just a little strange to you ????

Prior to our demise from the Prem, we WERE an attractive proposition, so WHY did no one get remotely CLOSE

The people who think that Lowe is back for the FOOTBALL are the ones that are talking nonsense

And YOU talk nonsense Nickh ...... Lowe would not entertain selling his shares in the days where he could have got a very good price ......... it is NONSENSE to think he would contemplate selling NOW, when they are on a par with Delsey Toilet Tissue.

So by that is RL in it for money or football reasons or both?

StR of course you are entitled to your opinion. You must remember that when we were in the PL football was omnly then starting to be a billionaires toy, we missed the boat and RL etc lost thir opportunity to sell for big money, now they are seeing a diminishing return.Perhaps LM etc selling their shares immediately they had the chance was perhaps the best way.

At a price that he wants maybe, a price which is not realistic.
If he sees the books he knows what state his position is regarding future losses to his share price. Surely he would see sense if he is only likely to get a fraction of what he could get now.

So by that is RL in it for money or football reasons or both?

StR of course you are entitled to your opinion. You must remember that when we were in the PL football was omnly then starting to be a billionaires toy, we missed the boat and RL etc lost thir opportunity to sell for big money, now they are seeing a diminishing return.Perhaps LM etc selling their shares immediately they had the chance was perhaps the best way.

Lowe is on record as stating that he is working for the PLC, NOT the Football Team ..... that in itself should tell most people something

He, and Quisling Wilde are back for THEMSELVES, it is as simple as that

Lowe did indeed miss the boat etc, and "lost the opportunity" to sell to a Buyer that could have taken us to The Next Level ..... he missed the boat because he wanted to stay in complete control ........ purely on a "New Brush Sweeps Clean" basis, that does not happen

He remains with us because he is still on an almighty ego trip, and believes that HIS way is always correct

When we are relegated to Div 1 (if we avoid Admin) he will be blaming EVERYBODY bar himself ........ ironically, Hitler had the same fault

Only what I have heard. i did hear that he would only sell to people who woul,d be able to take the club on and put money in.

Imnot close to know what is really going on, Im sick of hearing that a certain bid has its money in place and ready to move.

A bit of hypocrisy there then. He takes out, doesn't and won't put anything in and will only sell to somebody willing to do something he won't.

Because FTF they would have seen the losses that were mounting up,and liabilites stretching to the end of this season.

Coventrys position was much better than ours,even though we did not know it at the time.

I would have thought Coventry would have been very similar to us debt wise.

But if you think we were worse off then them its bad news for us, so they must have managed the drop out of the top flight better than we did.

Because FTF they would have seen the losses that were mounting up,and liabilites stretching to the end of this season.

Coventrys position was much better than ours,even though we did not know it at the time.

FFS they were minutes from administration, the shareholders donated their shares and cancelled about £20m debt. Sisu were given the club on the basis they would invest.

Because Coventry were going down the financial Toilet fast, I thought the first priority would have been to " relaunch" the Club on a debt free financial base ...........which, IMHO, SISU have done

Their results on the pitch have not been fantastic, but, IMHO, they stand more of a chance of survival in the CCC than Saints do

All that Lowe has done, is to sell off everything he could lay his hands on, to REDUCE running costs .....HE HAS NOT CLEARED DEBTS ......

We are therefore STILL in a far far worse position than Coventry

Their financial position is positive ......... ours is negative and getting worse by the week

This season (in the CCC) .... Lowe sells and sells to reduce costs ...... end result ....... we do NOT have a Team capable of staying in the CCC, and come January, Lowe will sell any good young player he can ....... end result RELEGATION

Next season (in Div 1) ..... our operating costs are too high for Div 1, and Lowe attempts to sell and sell to reduce costs ......... but, by then, we will have NOTHING LEFT TO SELL .........

Lowe, the Great Businessman

LOwe may not be the best businessman in the world, but then neither were the people who followed him here. Given ou financial circumstanes nowdays, it hard to see how anyone else could do anything else but cut costs across the board. YEs, it could mean relegation, but isn;t that better than obliteration?

Lowe is on record as stating that he is working for the PLC, NOT the Football Team ..... that in itself should tell most people something

He, and Quisling Wilde are back for THEMSELVES, it is as simple as that

Lowe did indeed miss the boat etc, and "lost the opportunity" to sell to a Buyer that could have taken us to The Next Level ..... he missed the boat because he wanted to stay in complete control ........ purely on a "New Brush Sweeps Clean" basis, that does not happen

He remains with us because he is still on an almighty ego trip, and believes that HIS way is always correct

When we are relegated to Div 1 (if we avoid Admin) he will be blaming EVERYBODY bar himself ........ ironically, Hitler had the same fault

nice comparison to Hitler there! he must really grind your gears. so is this Lowes third reich?

LOwe may not be the best businessman in the world, but then neither were the people who followed him here. Given ou financial circumstanes nowdays, it hard to see how anyone else could do anything else but cut costs across the board. YEs, it could mean relegation, but isn;t that better than obliteration?

So, what you are saying is .... When we are in the Blue Aquare North, you will be very happy ........ because we will have balanced the books

Look back a bit further. It was Lowe's inability or unwillingness to attract Major Investment in the "Good Years", that started us out on the slippery path on which we are now in freefall

In any other BUSINESS that I can think of, if the Chief Exec could not come up with Investment, well within a Ten Year time frame, then he would be axed ....... AS NOT BEING VERY GOOD AT HI JOB (ie BUSINESS )

So, what you are saying is .... When we are in the Blue Aquare North, you will be very happy ........ because we will have balanced the books

Look back a bit further. It was Lowe's inability or unwillingness to attract Major Investment in the "Good Years", that started us out on the slippery path on which we are now in freefall

In any other BUSINESS that I can think of, if the Chief Exec could not come up with Investment, well within a Ten Year time frame, then he would be axed ....... AS NOT BEING VERY GOOD AT HI JOB (ie BUSINESS )

not totally clear on your point mate?

Are you saying he is a failure because he didn't find a billionaire to sell to when we were in the premiership?

Could have kept Pearson on.

Could have played a different style or formation (i.e. not persist with one up top when at home).

Could have been more focussed with our signings, rather than get the 11 or 12 odd new players in.

Could have gone for fewer in number and included a number of more experienced players.

Could have gone for fewer in number and managed to hold on to some of the more important players.

Could have done alot of things differently.

Of course, some avenues were closed due to our financial problems, but there were a number of alternatives and choices we could have made differently.

Would they have been more successful????, who knows, but let's not kid ourselves that Jan and the route we've taken was the only option available.

Could have kept Pearson on.

Could have played a different style or formation (i.e. not persist with one up top when at home).

Could have been more focussed with our signings, rather than get the 11 or 12 odd new players in.

Could have gone for fewer in number and included a number of more experienced players.

Could have gone for fewer in number and managed to hold on to some of the more important players.

Could have done alot of things differently.

Of course, some avenues were closed due to our financial problems, but there were a number of alternatives and choices we could have made differently.

Would they have been more successful????, who knows, but let's not kid ourselves that Jan and the route we've taken was the only option available.

Ah, another genius in hindsight, or is this your nephew's philosophy?

Some avenues closed? I would say many avenues were closed. I am not saying this was the only way forward but there was no guarentee that any other option would have worked any better.

Long terms plans are just that. Just because it is not working now does not mean to say that it will not do so in two or three seasons time.

Ah, another genius in hindsight, or is this your nephew's philosophy?

Some avenues closed? I would say many avenues were closed. I am not saying this was the only way forward but there was no guarentee that any other option would have worked any better.

Long terms plans are just that. Just because it is not working now does not mean to say that it will not do so in two or three seasons time.

how is that genius hindisght when so so many said these things when he took over

No I will not, but I would rather we existed.

You make finding someone to part with x millions pounds like it is an every day occurance.

The Wilde Bunch found it a doddle too didn't they?

how is that genius hindisght when so so many said these things when he took over

I also recall hearing many people say that the appointment of Strachan was ahuge mistake when it was announced.

The club never said that this would work overnight and I believe that Wilde said we were looking at a three year plan.

I also recall hearing many people say that the appointment of Strachan was ahuge mistake when it was announced.

The club never said that this would work overnight and I believe that Wilde said we were looking at a three year plan.

indeed...but that does not hide the fact that jan STILLL does not know who is main starting 11 are and watching him make so many changes week in week out AND during games makes me feel he is out of his depth and trying anything..

I could not careless if fans though WGS was a mistake..I am looking at the here and now and my confidence in the manager (head coach) is draining by the game...

last week at preston was a one off...we still had to score 3 to win and actually did so on that occaision...

i really really fear for the younger players when we play wolves and reading...we could get some serious score lines against us

indeed...but that does not hide the fact that jan STILLL does not know who is main starting 11 are and watching him make so many changes week in week out AND during games makes me feel he is out of his depth and trying anything..

I could not careless if fans though WGS was a mistake..I am looking at the here and now and my confidence in the manager (head coach) is draining by the game...

last week at preston was a one off...we still had to score 3 to win and actually did so on that occaision...

i really really fear for the younger players when we play wolves and reading...we could get some serious score lines against us

I actually prefer the tougher games as I think we have the ability to raise our game. It is still a sharp learining curve for JP and the team but I do think that we need to give the new regime a lot more time.

Yes we did have to score 3 last week and we did it.

I actually prefer the tougher games as I think we have the ability to raise our game. It is still a sharp learining curve for JP and the team but I do think that we need to give the new regime a lot more time.

Is that until we fall in to League one or before?

I hope you still believe this after next Saturday!

On a different point it is entirely legitimate to criticise the current "regime" as, as has been quite clearly shown, there were plenty of other ways of addressing our predicament.

If Lowe and Wilde had backed Pearson and said "Look, we're sorry we've done such a monumental job of ploughing this club into the ground and embarassing you all and the city but we think the outgoing board have got a great man in here and we want everyone to unite behind him and see what we can achieve this season. Yes, there will need to be some hard choices made but with our great support behind us and a unified club we think we can build a platform for the next few years."

Instead we got "see you later, Nige", some guff about total football, some very odd signings, the failure to address our defence, a completely innapropriate home system, no obvious attempts to drive attendances, digs at the old "regime" etc...

It's not the fact that we're crap that's annoying people, it's the lack of respect the management shows the club.

Would things be different if:

- The Berlin wall were still standing?

- Maggie Thatcher had never been born?

- Paul Allen had never founded microsoft?

- The reverse take over had never taken place?

- and so on and so on

Of course things would be different! better? Worse? Nobody will ever know. No need to discuss this kind iof thing, as there is only speculation and none of it can ever be proven, nor has any impact on the reality of now.

Of course things would be different! better? Worse? Nobody will ever know. No need to discuss this kind iof thing, as there is only speculation and none of it can ever be proven, nor has any impact on the reality of now.

Chat forum 'n'all that.

I still think we will probably finish same or better than last year -and after the cost cutting although not fun not a disaster

Kin ell Nick,,,,,you make it sound like you were comfortable mid table.

You survived by the skin of your teeth, And with what i have seen of saints this season, Last seasons side was a much better side than what Lowe has left you with now,

You are wrong Nick! Its already looking a disaster,

still would say more likely we end up in same division as you rather than 2 apart!

It wasn't comfortable last year -we were sh1t -thats why we can't be distraught about changing players and management.

I maybe wrong - its a prediction, I have seen a lot of this team and think we will be ok -who are you to turn on your sky to us once a season and insist I am wrong?