Less than 10,000 home fans

AwaySaint1

There is no way to count the number of people attending matches to satisfy a bookie as the club insists on counting all ST holders as being present. It was obvious to everyone on Saturday including THE Smarmy Little Twerp from the TV pictures, that about 30% or even more of the ST's were absent because of the weather/TV Telecast.

As the published attendance was about 14000, i.e., 10000 ST's + 4000 casuals including Bristol City fans, and if we take the figure of 30% of ST's being missing, there were only about 11000 in there on Saturday - which looked about right from the TV and what my mates said, they attended the match.

On a roughly soimilar proportional turnout that means if we drop below a published figure of around 13000 we are in fact getting less than 10000 through the turnstiles.

There is no way to count the number of people attending matches to satisfy a bookie as the club insists on counting all ST holders as being present

How can any club get away with and/or justify quoting an untrue attendance figure? What's the point of quoting an attendance figure if it doesn't actually reflect the number of people in the stadium?

If this was any other industry the local trading standards office would be down on us like a shot.

Maybe we should start counting shots that nearly went in as goals?

Unbelievable.

Edited by trousers

How can any club get away with and/or justify quoting an untrue attendance figure? What's the point of quoting an attendance figure if it doesn't actually reflect the number of people in the stadium?

If this was any other industry the local trading standards office would be down on us like a shot.

Maybe we should start counting shots that nearly went in as goals?

Unbelievable.

We would still lose.

There is no way to count the number of people attending matches to satisfy a bookie as the club insists on counting all ST holders as being present. It was obvious to everyone on Saturday including THE Smarmy Little Twerp from the TV pictures, that about 30% or even more of the ST's were absent because of the weather/TV Telecast.

As the published attendance was about 14000, i.e., 10000 ST's + 4000 casuals including Bristol City fans, and if we take the figure of 30% of ST's being missing, there were only about 11000 in there on Saturday - which looked about right from the TV and what my mates said, they attended the match.

On a roughly soimilar proportional turnout that means if we drop below a published figure of around 13000 we are in fact getting less than 10000 through the turnstiles.

9500 STs approx. I'd be very surprised if many ST holders weren't there. There was certainly above 14000 in the ground. ST holders really can't be bothered to watch the tv and not go to a game already paid for.

Or the actual attendance was 14000, so if you take away the non-attending STH thats 6000 casual tickets sold, but only reported as 4000 to the tax man. Nice little earner for a cash strapped club, that and under reporting the figure is what was rumoured to happen in the good old days.

I can't remember where I saw it but I am sure I read that they have to count every Season Ticket holder as attending due to some Tax law/regulation.

In the US, for attendence to sporting fixtures they always give a total and then put after it in brackets the number of 'no shows'.

They also get 93000 for a game of college "football" how crazy is that.

I think the tickets cost about 25 dollars for ordinary games and can go up to 500 or so for "bowl" games.

There you go. Simple, isn't?

Now, why wouldn't SFC want to be as transparent as that?

I guess they just don't think it's worth the effort.

They definitely know how many people are actually in the ground, they have to in case there's an emergency.

4000 casuals

Eeek, fashion disaster. All those white socks and side laced shoes!

But the report would always need to be for tickets sold. That's the figure that the tax man and the bank would be interested him. What people chose to do with their tickets is up to them. If it's about time spent it seats how do you deduct for a crafty sneak to the gents to beat the rush for a half time piddle?

have it on good authority that the actual number in the ground Sat was 11,800

Does that 11,800 include everyone in the ground? (i.e. including non-paying staff etc) or is that a 'fans only' figure?

Anyway, take away the 1,169 away fans and that leave 10,631...which brings us back to the title of the thread I guess....

I can't remember where I saw it but I am sure I read that they have to count every Season Ticket holder as attending due to some Tax law/regulation.

No it's not Tax law/regulation as they have the money up front already. I am pretty sure though that all attendees are counted on entry due to health and safety issues, ie fire.

Or the actual attendance was 14000, so if you take away the non-attending STH thats 6000 casual tickets sold, but only reported as 4000 to the tax man. Nice little earner for a cash strapped club, that and under reporting the figure is what was rumoured to happen in the good old days.

Not sure we'll need to wory about paying corporation tax if the losses are as reported. Can't even bring a deferred tax asset into the accounts as the recognition criteria under FRS 19 won't be met.

No it's not Tax law/regulation as they have the money up front already. I am pretty sure though that all attendees are counted on entry due to health and safety issues, ie fire.

Yes the turnstiles do count people in, but perhaps theres an official attendance figure (for press/tax purposes) and a real attendance figure (for logistical purposes).:confused:

Yes the turnstiles do count people in, but perhaps theres an official attendance figure (for press/tax purposes) and a real attendance figure (for logistical purposes).:confused:

The club count all season tickets in the attendance total they give out to the press etc...

There was not 14600 odd on Sat in the ground, there was only 11,800

You know this for fact or is it a guesstimation?

RedWillie said yesterday that he knew it was 11,800 "on good authority"....

So....now we know that each home attendance figure is artificially inflated by c.20% (in terms of actual fan's bums on seats)