the McCanns

Thedelldays

And will continue to go through - as this thread alone has demonstrated, there are plenty of swivel-eyed loons out there ready with their vicious finger-pointing, holier-than-thou bull**** and wildly ludicrous conspiracy theories. None of this behaviour will change - just as the conviction of Lee Rigby's murderers didn't change the crass conspiracy theories that he was a crisis actor, and just as the conviction of Tsarnaev won't change the low-hanging minds of those who make the same claims about the Boston bombing killers' dead and badly maimed victims.

I sense you're getting political here, Verbal. But for me the issue starts with public organisations (media companies, publishing houses) who endorsed these lies, and allowed it to become a story, for their own profit. I can't on any level understand how a human being could make that decision and allow that to happen. Conspiracy theorists (ie general public) will always exist, but professional bodies should have checks in place to stop unethical practices.

An incredibly depressing story and chain of events.

I sense you're getting political here, Verbal. But for me the issue starts with public organisations (media companies, publishing houses) who endorsed these lies, and allowed it to become a story, for their own profit. I can't on any level understand how a human being could make that decision and allow that to happen. Conspiracy theorists (ie general public) will always exist, but professional bodies should have checks in place to stop unethical practices.

An incredibly depressing story and chain of events.

Nah he's referring to pap who has come out with these theories over the years.

Once I get past the bark, I think I probably agree with you on a lot of things.

If you don't want to see me in full on bark mode, I wouldn't trail back through this particular thread if I were you. Some of my best/worst work. I also put both of my Internet personas to good use, with my "Hypochondriac" creation doing a brilliant job of agreeing with me.

Anyway, draw a veil over it. Truth is winning.

If you don't want to see me in full on bark mode, I wouldn't trail back through this particular thread if I were you. Some of my best/worst work. I also put both of my Internet personas to good use, with my "Hypochondriac" creation doing a brilliant job of agreeing with me.

Oh lord, CB Fry, too many references in this post to even start with. You're like the Quentin Tarantino of Saintsweb.

And PS. I read page 1, got a fright, and vowed never to delve an deeper into this topic on this particular forum. It would make me too sad, and I only like being happy.

What I love so much about CB Fry is that he is shameless. None of us were there that night and none of us know what happened. Yet good old CB knows what the truth is more so than the police officer who worked on the case. I really think his next log in name should be Sherlock.

Oh lord, CB Fry, too many references in this post to even start with. You're like the Quentin Tarantino of Saintsweb.

A reading list/glossary is available. This will allow you to fully immerse yourself in my points of reference. It's wit, man. I am large, I contain multitudes.

(Although in fairness, in that previous post, apart from the Hypo gag, there aren't any other intentional references).

I agree with this.

I will save you the trouble Lou. Some people think that the McCanns are squeaky clean and others think that they are not. Some who like to think that they know it all and take great pleasure in belittling others have excelled themselves. You probably wont be remotely surprised at the way things line up.

What I love so much about CB Fry is that he is shameless. None of us were there that night and none of us know what happened. Yet good old CB knows what the truth is more so than the police officer who worked on the case. I really think his next log in name should be Sherlock.

It's not about me sweetheart. The "police officer who worked on the case" has just been done for libel and his booked pulped.

Heartbroken for the McCanns. They were expecting £1m but only walked away with £75k. Bummer.

Try half a million Euros, with various papers calculating slightly different sterling values for that. £350-400k.

You can't get even the most basic facts right. Which on this case, is a hallmark of yours.

Edited by CB Fry

I will save you the trouble Lou. Some people think that the McCanns are squeaky clean and others think that they are not. Some who like to think that they know it all and take great pleasure in belittling others have excelled themselves. You probably wont be remotely surprised at the way things line up.

Some think it's all a big conspiracy. When the flaws in their logic are easily exposed, they pretend that the posters laughing at them are just one poster with multiple logins. It makes them feel less inadequate.

Some people (you) merrily peddled hateful lies about the McCanns (They were laughing their heads off - lie, they didn't look for their own daughter - lie, etc etc lie lie lie) and then those people get upset when they get confronted and it is suggested to them that they stop gullibly believing cobbled together internet circumstantial bull cr ap.

Lou, take the time to enjoy one of my all time favourite jokes I've ever put on this forum (you need a slight knowledge of American poetry to get it) and then run. Run from this thread. Just run.

It's about to get infected with liars.

Oh Christ, I really don't want to be part of this discussion. My utter f*cking repulsion of what happened to the McCanns is not going to be alleviated by an internet debate with multiple grievances, personal insults, and petty oneupmanship. Ugh.

You won't get far on this forum with that attitude.

Very wise. None of us were there and none of knows the truth although we all have our thoughts. What is not in dispute though is that at the very least the McCanns let their daughter down by their actions.

That's ultimately what it comes down to - regardless of your view on what happened she went missing because of their negligence. I know obviously they will have to live with that for the rest of their lives but honestly it erodes my sympathy for them. Might sound like a heartless thing to say but that's life.

Very wise. None of us were there and none of knows the truth although we all have our thoughts. What is not in dispute though is that at the very least the McCanns let their daughter down by their actions.

Truth and love will prevail over lies and hatred.

No SOG. You're responding to me as if neutral. Then you end with a very un neutral statement. I don't think that's OK, unless you're intentionally trying to provoke me into this debate.

Either be provocative, or be neutral. But at least be upfront about it.

That's ultimately what it comes down to - regardless of your view on what happened she went missing because of their negligence. I know obviously they will have to live with that for the rest of their lives but honestly it erodes my sympathy for them. Might sound like a heartless thing to say but that's life.

Unbelievably I agree with Frank's cousin from the first page:

Uhm... I dont think anyone really disagrees that what they did was wrong, stupid, selfish etc.... but no one deserves the 'punishment' they are getting for their mistake. To be honest, I doubt there is any thing we, the media could say about them, or any other punichment that could be worse or make them feel any worse...

Unbelievably I agree with Frank's cousin from the first page:

Uhm... I dont think anyone really disagrees that what they did was wrong, stupid, selfish etc.... but no one deserves the 'punishment' they are getting for their mistake. To be honest, I doubt there is any thing we, the media could say about them, or any other punichment that could be worse or make them feel any worse...

The first 40 odd posts are okay, them the "unanswered question" conspiracy theory stuff kicks in and then it all goes bats hit. Old Frank was correct here, though.

Chaps, can we do the one where I've got autism, no social skills and kids that must hate me. I liked all of those before. Totally relevant to conspiracy theory arguments, and I'm interested in how they'll play out.

verbula.png

EDIT: Don't forget the old man either. He must hate me too.

Get to work, worms.

Oh Christ, I really don't want to be part of this discussion. My utter f*cking repulsion of what happened to the McCanns is not going to be alleviated by an internet debate with multiple grievances, personal insults, and petty oneupmanship. Ugh.

I can't recall reading this thread before but can't imagine I will leave it has a high feelgood rating just be judging by a few posts on this page.

People think I am angry but I despair of some of the nastiness in people's souls. So little compassion and kindness. And so judgmental.

Fry gets stick from many for his attitude and doesn't play the nice guy but has a purer spirit and far more rational than most of the others on here.

To be fair, Soggy, you do sit pretty high up on the old dogmatism scale yourself on most issues.

I can't recall reading this thread before but can't imagine I will leave it has a high feelgood rating just be judging by a few posts on this page.

People think I am angry but I despair of some of the nastiness in people's souls. So little compassion and kindness. And so judgmental.

Fry gets stick from many for his attitude and doesn't play the nice guy but has a purer spirit and far more rational than most of the others on here.

Weird.

• 11 months later...

Good to see today that common sense has prevailed and that Goncalo Amaral has won his appeal against the McCanns libel case against him and that his book can go on sale again. Whatever you think of his findings, he is an experienced police officer who should be allowed to publish his own view of the case. The McCanns have not been charged and his book no more hinders the on-going case than the Tapas buddies who failed to fully co-operate with the police.

Good to see today that common sense has prevailed and that Goncalo Amaral has won his appeal against the McCanns libel case against him and that his book can go on sale again. Whatever you think of his findings, he is an experienced police officer who should be allowed to publish his own view of the case. The McCanns have not been charged and his book no more hinders the on-going case than the Tapas buddies who failed to fully co-operate with the police.

Do you really think it was acceptable for a senior police officer to write a book making sensational claims about a family that lost their child in order to make financial gain?

Do you really think it was acceptable for a senior police officer to write a book making sensational claims about a family that lost their child in order to make financial gain?

Yes he does. Oh yes he does.

If you want an fantastic insight into SOG's true mindset take a wander through this masterpiece of a thread. Proper mental.

Or, go outside, take a stroll in a park. It's lovely out (in the Midlands anyway).

Financial gain, or to put his case out there perhaps? He was the guy who investigated the case. The ones to gain financially from her "disappearance" so far are the McCanns.

And so the pitch-fork witch-hunters creep creepily back out of the woodwork.

Yes he does. Oh yes he does.

If you want an fantastic insight into SOG's true mindset take a wander through this masterpiece of a thread. Proper mental.

Or, go outside, take a stroll in a park. It's lovely out (in the Midlands anyway).

"Proper mental". This comment from a guy who got all high and mighty about a remark I made to him which he decided was about mental health issues. Nope, but he isn't a hypocrite, no sir.

Box of frogs.

This thread shows your true mindset, as does the Paris Massacre one which shows not only that you are a hypocrite, but that you are more bothered about nit picking about what moderates say rather than calling out blatant Islamophobes. You are your buddy both have a strange set of priorities but then that has been well highlighted of late.

I think it was perfectly reasonable for an officer to write a book about a case that he clearly has a lot more knowledge about than the internet jockeys on here and is clearly passionate about. A court would appear to agree that he is within his rights to do so. Perhaps instead of making your pathetic jibes you would do better to read it but then you have convinced yourself that a couple who at the very least are guilty of serious child neglect could never, ever do anything like this so any chance of reading the book with an open mind isn't going to happen.

Financial gain, or to put his case out there perhaps? He was the guy who investigated the case. The ones to gain financially from her "disappearance" so far are the McCanns.

You must have a heart of iron to not be able to emphasise with the McCanns. If they had a hint of guilt they would have kept the campaign to find their poor little girl as low profile as they could, yet generated more global publicity than probably any other missing persons campaign ever. So much so that they created a vehicle for the investigating officer to write a grubby book to capitalise on it.

You must have a heart of iron to not be able to emphasise with the McCanns. If they had a hint of guilt they would have kept the campaign to find their poor little girl as low profile as they could, yet generated more global publicity than probably any other missing persons campaign ever. So much so that they created a vehicle for the investigating officer to write a grubby book to capitalise on it.

He's seen a six hour video on it and everything.

I think it was perfectly reasonable for an officer to write a book about a case that he clearly has a lot more knowledge about than the internet jockeys on here and is clearly passionate about. A court would appear to agree that he is within his rights to do so. Perhaps instead of making your pathetic jibes you would do better to read it but then you have convinced yourself that a couple who at the very least are guilty of serious child neglect could never, ever do anything like this so any chance of reading the book with an open mind isn't going to happen.

Do anything like what?

The question the McCanns have never answered is Why did they go out and leave their daughter alone in the house. It is just because they were well paid doctors that could afford a publicist, that allowed them to avoid child abandonment charges. If it had been a couple from the working class the papers would have crucified them in public. One rule for the rich etc......