the McCanns

Thedelldays

You must have a heart of iron to not be able to emphasise with the McCanns. If they had a hint of guilt they would have kept the campaign to find their poor little girl as low profile as they could, yet generated more global publicity than probably any other missing persons campaign ever. So much so that they created a vehicle for the investigating officer to write a grubby book to capitalise on it.

And you must have a heart of iron not to sympathise with three little children that were apparently left alone whilst their parents partied. Seriously, do some more research into the case. Just because CB Fry thinks that the McCanns are squeaky clean doesn't mean that there are. If your child goes missing do you do all that you can to help or do you lie and obstruct the police?

The question the McCanns have never answered is Why did they go out and leave their daughter alone in the house. It is just because they were well paid doctors that could afford a publicist, that allowed them to avoid child abandonment charges. If it had been a couple from the working class the papers would have crucified them in public. One rule for the rich etc......

There is an awful lot going on in this case. But yes, at the very least you would think that the McCanns would have to face a charge of child neglect. However, friends in high places etc.

Anybody who has had experience of dealing with the Portuguese Police will know what a load of cr*p they are.

Would that include two sniffer dogs who had never been wrong before or since? Apparently the only time they have ever "got it wrong! was when working in the McCanns apartment and on their hire car.

And you must have a heart of iron not to sympathise with three little children that were apparently left alone whilst their parents partied. Seriously, do some more research into the case. Just because CB Fry thinks that the McCanns are squeaky clean doesn't mean that there are. If your child goes missing do you do all that you can to help or do you lie and obstruct the police?

I don't think they're squeaky clean, just another fictitious opinion you've decided I think. It's a terrible habit.

I don't think they're squeaky clean, just another fictitious opinion you've decided I think. It's a terrible habit.

Me and quite a few others, including the guy who investigated the case. If you don't think they are squeaky clean why do spend so much time and energy defending them?

Me and quite a few others, including the guy who investigated the case. If you don't think they are squeaky clean why do spend so much time and energy defending them?

So anyone who finds some of your allegations distasteful suddenly thinks the McCanns are squeaky clean? And you have a go at others for being too black and white...

I'm not defending them. I'm mocking you and conspiro-idiots.

They may not have been 100% honest but the idea that they killed her is just bonkers.

Exactly. In soggy's world, questioning the idea that the McCanns killed their child and then disposed of the body means that you therefore think they were squeaky clean and completely honest. Odd mindset but expect from him.

Would that include two sniffer dogs who had never been wrong before or since? Apparently the only time they have ever "got it wrong! was when working in the McCanns apartment and on their hire car.

No, but it would include the disinterest they showed me at Almancil Police Station when I reported my cards/cash stolen from my Villa in vale do Lobo. Turning away from me whilst taking a statement to watch football on a TV screen and making me come back to the Police Station the next day to complete it. They never bothered to interview the cleaner who I suspected, but then I suppose this is the same in the Uk these days.

They may not have been 100% honest but the idea that they killed her is just bonkers.

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that she was killed deliberately but having said that, it does happen and there have been a number of cases recently where parents have killed their kids. Because they are a professional, middle class couple they don't seem like the type. But what is the type?

So anyone who finds some of your allegations distasteful suddenly thinks the McCanns are squeaky clean? And you have a go at others for being too black and white...

"Your allegations" what is that supposed to mean? The detective who investigated the case thinks that the McCann's have covered up their daughters death. Why then is it down to me? I am sure you have seen the documentary about Maddie's disappearance too? I didn't make it.

What on earth are you going on about?

It's pretty tiresome when I have to poit out something you have said incorrectly (again) because you can't seem to comprehend what you have written just this morning:

Please point out where CB Fry (or anyone for that matter) has said they think the McCanns are squeaky clean?

Look up the word obsessive mate.

CB Fry and others have spent a great deal of time defending the McCanns and pouring scorn on anybody who says that they might have something to do with their daughters death (if indeed she is dead). Are you saying that is not the case? I cant be bothered to go and find the post but at one point CB Fry said that they did not do it. Full stop.

Are you two related?

I'm not defending them. I'm mocking you and conspiro-idiots.

I do find it comical reading McCann-hunter posters, past and present, defining themselves as selfless seekers of truth. When they do it by posting three-hour-long videos by the arch 9/11 loon Rich Hall you know they're as cracked as he is. And the tenor of the attacks on the McCanns are so preeningly self-aggrandising it makes me think the conspiro-nuts have something of their own to hide.

I do find it comical reading McCann-hunter posters, past and present, defining themselves as selfless seekers of truth. When they do it by posting three-hour-long videos by the arch 9/11 loon Rich Hall you know they're as cracked as he is. And the tenor of the attacks on the McCanns are so preeningly self-aggrandising it makes me think the conspiro-nuts have something of their own to hide.

"Selfeless seekers of truth?" I see you have dragged in 9/11 although as much as I know it would be great to tie in those pesky Muslims to the disappearance of this little girl I think that is stretching things.

No matter what you think of the way that the McCanns have behaved, they have certainly not been 100% honest. There have been many contradictions and much that doesn't add up. Add in that Kate McCann refused to answer 48 questions which you assume would have assisted in the investigation even the most trusting of people must start to think that something is amiss (you might think). The detective who investigated the case (which means that he knows a great deal more about it than you, me, CB Fry and his sidekick Hypocondriac) is a conspiro-nut too I assume?

Are you seriously trying to suggest that verbal of all people is an islamaphobe? Have you read any of his previous posts? You're utterly barmy.

And why are you doing that thing you always do by stating the obvious that no one has actually said? Who has said they have been 100% honest? Who has said they have been completely squeaky clean?

Edited by hypochondriac

That would include the detective that investigated the case as well then I assume? And doesn't calling someone a "nut" has a relation to mental health issues??

Where have I said nut in the post you quoted? Verbal used that word and, by jiggidy, I am going to take him to task for that.

That police officer has my warped respect for managing to proper coin it on the back of a high profile case he managed to botch to high heaven, made high profile entirely by the parents of the girl that he's a nothing but a parasite of. He's probably earned himself a spanking new conservatory now his book of fearless truth seeking is back in print. Ching ching my old son.

Edited by CB Fry

Look up the word obsessive mate.

CB Fry and others have spent a great deal of time defending the McCanns and pouring scorn on anybody who says that they might have something to do with their daughters death (if indeed she is dead). Are you saying that is not the case? I cant be bothered to go and find the post but at one point CB Fry said that they did not do it. Full stop.

Are you two related?

For the second time, on the same thread, on the same day, I'm not defending them.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that verbal of all people is an islamaphobe? Have you read any of his previous posts? You're utterly barmy.

And why are you doing that thing you always do by stating the obvious that no one has actually said? Who has said they have been 100% honest? Who has said they have been completely squeaky clean?

Dear God. It was a tongue in cheek comment. Are you really that obtuse?

By the way, why haven't you posted on this subject on the Sotonians forum if you are so interested in it?

Dear God. It was a tongue in cheek comment. Are you really that obtuse?

By the way, why haven't you posted on this subject on the Sotonians forum if you are so interested in it?

You have a history of inventing things people have said as well as seeing racism and islamaphobia in everything. Why should anyone believe you are suddenly dong jokes now rather than just making your usual ill thought out and inadvisable comments.

Where have I said nut in the post you quoted? Verbal used that word and, by jiggidy, I am going to take him to task for that.

That police officer has my warped respect for managing to proper coin it on the back of a high profile case he managed to botch to high heaven, made high profile entirely by the parents of the girl that he's a nothing but a parasite of. He's probably earned himself a spanking new conservatory now his book of fearless truth seeking is back in print. Ching ching my old son.

I was responding to Verbal.

Where is your evidence that Amaral has done this for the money? You do know if I said that your buddy Hypo would go into one and I would get 20 posts saying where is my proof. Parasite? Being dragged through the court, having his integrity dragged through the mud. Threatened with bankruptcy and in poor health - ching ching?????

I guess the two sniffer dogs were in on the scam too? I expect that they got life time supply of Scooby Snacks in payment?

Where is your evidence that Amaral has done this for the money? You do know if I said that your buddy Hypo would go into one and I would get 20 posts saying where is my proof. Parasite? Being dragged through the court, having his integrity dragged through the mud. Threatened with bankruptcy and in poor health - ching ching?????

I guess the two sniffer dogs were in on the scam too? I expect that they got life time supply of Scooby Snacks in payment?

Financial gain is clearly a motivation for a book like this, as is a book suggesting they did it. He wan't going to sell many copies by saying the opposite.

You have a history of inventing things people have said as well as seeing racism and islamaphobia in everything. Why should anyone believe you are suddenly dong jokes now rather than just making your usual ill thought out and inadvisable comments.

No I don't, you keep repeating but that doesn't make it true. If you cant work out what a figure of speech is that is your problem. I did not accuse Verbal of being an Islamophobe. Feel free to show where I did. Also feel free to show where I am seeing racism/Islamophobia where it does not exist.

Believe what you want. Tongue in cheek is not a joke, it is tongue in cheek. If I had meant it was a joke I would have said it was a joke. There is a difference. You aren't very good at this are you?

Still waiting for an answer about Sotonians please?

Financial gain is clearly a motivation for a book like this, as is a book suggesting they did it. He wan't going to sell many copies by saying the opposite.

Where is your evidence? He would hardly publish a book saying they didn't do it having already said they did? How do you know he didn't publish the book because he believes they did it and wants his case out there?

I know for a fact that he's putting a downpayment on a bungalow at the posh end of Albufeira.

These are direct quotes from Amaral. I guess we can believe him or we can believe some bloke off the internet.....we have choices!

"I wrote the book because I those who worked with me and the institution of the Judiciary Police were being put at stake."

"The book was a way to reply to the humiliation and the offences that I have been targeted with. Deep down, that was it. They say we are incompetent, they say we are a third world police force, drunkards, fat, lazy etc etc. and the Judiciary Police does not set out to defend us. Therefore I turned to writing...."

Given that the McCanns went after him for 1.2 million euros I don't know how he expected to make his fortune out of this book?

These are direct quotes from Amaral. I guess we can believe him or we can believe some bloke off the internet.....we have choices!

"I wrote the book because I those who worked with me and the institution of the Judiciary Police were being put at stake."

"The book was a way to reply to the humiliation and the offences that I have been targeted with. Deep down, that was it. They say we are incompetent, they say we are a third world police force, drunkards, fat, lazy etc etc. and the Judiciary Police does not set out to defend us. Therefore I turned to writing...."

Given that the McCanns went after him for 1.2 million euros I don't know how he expected to make his fortune out of this book?

hey sadoldgit.

what are your thoughts now on Ched Evens being innocent (for the time being)?

When John Lydon got the Sex Pistols back together back in the 1990s I admired their candour when they were quite unabashed about their true motives of making an effing mint.

It's a shame most hide behind platitudes and obfuscation while planning to hoover it up.

Just scrolled back on this thread and must confess no idea why resurrected again. SOG the liberal showing quite a lot of spite. From what I can see he is saying most middle class doctors neglect their children. You can't make such sweeping statements. Most don't.

Oh come on, he obviously has major issues with the criticism their police force got so the book was just a way of hitting back. Plus it was a no lose gamble money wise, I doubt some fat, useless ex cop in Portugal has many other ways of potentially making a large sum of money (if he did).

There are some oddities surrounding the McCann case but the idea that they killed her and somehow disposed of the body is just fantasy. The fact that they have actively been raising money to keep it high-profile for years and actually got the Police to keep investigating the case goes against any idea that they did it.

Just scrolled back on this thread and must confess no idea why resurrected again. SOG the liberal showing quite a lot of spite. From what I can see he is saying most middle class doctors neglect their children. You can't make such sweeping statements. Most don't.

i think it was resurrected because one of the detectives working on the mcann case wrote a book about how neglectful/evil they were, and got done for libel, and ordered to pay the Mccanns a ton of money (last year). He appealed, and last week was successful in getting the libel conviction overturned, and is now allowed to sell his book again. He is also suing the mccanns for defamation.

The mccanns are now taking it to the high court or something like that, and a final decision will get made as to whether or not he has to pay damages. The mccanns are threatening legal action against anyone who tries to sell the book in the uk, which seems a bit off if you ask me, if they have nothing to hide they could have ignored it and it probably wouldn't have sold particularly well. now lots of people are more curious to read it.

Personally, I think they shouldn't have left her. It's like when you leave home on a hot day, and you think 'should i leave the window open?'. If you do, and you get burgled, it's your own fault really. If you think, should I leave my child on their own and go get rat-arsed, you take the risk that they will die in your absence, or get kidnapped, and if those things happen, i think it is your own fault too, you take the risk, you take the consequences.

What does get me a little bit is that there are plenty of other kids gone missing through no fault of the parents who aren't pretty and blonde who don't get anywhere near as much attention as the Mccanns.

I really don't think I said that middle class doctors neglect their children but leaving three very young children on their own for what was it, five nights, would certainly rate as neglect by the McCanns to many people I would suggest. The reason for the new post was the success that the Chief Investigator had in the court recently over the publication of his book.